Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (9/8/14 - 9/14/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Gintama 510 (2) , Naruto 692 by aegon-rokudo , Bleach 595 by BadKarma

View Poll Results: Which group is the strongest?

Voters
179. You may not vote on this poll
  • Marines

39 21.79%
  • Shichibukai

1 0.56%
  • Yonkou

102 56.98%
  • Revolutionary Army

37 20.67%
New Reply
Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 LastLast

Thread: Which group is the strongest?

Harasho 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member Kaiten's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Which group is the strongest?

I don't understand this thread, or the poll options. The Yonkou are not a group. They are rivals. Their combined strength can not be discussed in a canon conversation. That's something for Davey Back Fights. Until something changes drastically, the Yonkou are rivals, locked in a stalemate with each other. The Revolutionary Army's strength is currently unknown. Ivankov is the only current member we have seen in action. We know they pose a threat to the Government, and the balance of power, but we do not yet know how great a threat, or their military capabilities. Comparing them to the World Government and Shichibukai, two organizations we have intimate knowledge of, hardly seems fair. It is baffling how the "weakness" of the Shichibukai has become fan dogma. Look at how strong the known members were, before Dressrosa: Doflamingo, Kuma, Boa Hancock, Hawkeye, and Law. Former members include Blackbeard, Gekko Moriah, and Jinbe. How can the combined strength of those pirates be considered weak? Crocodile is the only known former member (not counting Buggy, who's membership is meant more as a joke) that reasonably can be considered weak. In the context of the story when he actually appeared, before power levels began escalating, he was a fearsome opponent, the strongest yet to appear in the manga.

Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted THM Nindo's Avatar
    Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

Basically, IF they were a group.

True love will conquer everything
    The question now is : which of those two loves, is the true one?!

Jiraiya's timeline : here
    Zetsu, the strongest villain of Akatsuki : here

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Kaiten View Post
    I don't understand this thread, or the poll options. The Yonkou are not a group. They are rivals. Their combined strength can not be discussed in a canon conversation. That's something for Davey Back Fights. Until something changes drastically, the Yonkou are rivals, locked in a stalemate with each other. The Revolutionary Army's strength is currently unknown. Ivankov is the only current member we have seen in action. We know they pose a threat to the Government, and the balance of power, but we do not yet know how great a threat, or their military capabilities. Comparing them to the World Government and Shichibukai, two organizations we have intimate knowledge of, hardly seems fair. It is baffling how the "weakness" of the Shichibukai has become fan dogma. Look at how strong the known members were, before Dressrosa: Doflamingo, Kuma, Boa Hancock, Hawkeye, and Law. Former members include Blackbeard, Gekko Moriah, and Jinbe. How can the combined strength of those pirates be considered weak? Crocodile is the only known former member (not counting Buggy, who's membership is meant more as a joke) that reasonably can be considered weak. In the context of the story when he actually appeared, before power levels began escalating, he was a fearsome opponent, the strongest yet to appear in the manga.

lol at crocodile being weak, the only reason luffy beat him, is for the plot, if you notice in the war, he clashed with vice-admirals/admiral level chars no problem.

MH Senpai 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity MiyamotoMusashi's Avatar
    Country
    Marine Headquarters
    Post Thanks / Like

I think you switched Moria and Crocodile in your post

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Country
    India
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Zoronoa Roro View Post
    You mean half of the grandline? I dont think that you can group yonkous as one group. Just cant.
    I think that globaly marines are strongest group. They fight RA, scores of other unafiliated pirate crews, yonkous at the same time, they have resources such as vegapunk, Pacifistas, CP-# units and who really knows what else.
    RA didnt fight marines . RA is opponent of WG and marines r part of WG.
    marines r also didnt always (24/7) fight against yonkou. just look to fight WB marines have to make lots of preparation

as u said marines have resources such as vegapunk, Pacifistas that is not extra power because marines use Pacifistas who r vegapunk's creation in war against WB and CP-# units r part of WG

i think 4th rank is Shichibukai (all 7) and 1st rank is Yonkou (all 4)
    we dont know RA's full power and as I***** (forget his/her name) was hiding in ID and waiting for dragon to make move there may be lots of others who r hiding and waiting. they r not coming in-front because they didnt want to expos.
    http://www.mangareader.net/103-2646-...apter-539.html

there is also chance that some RA members r in marines and WG . for maximum chance to win against ur opponent its good move to send some of ur men (SPY) in opponents team . there is chance that vegapunk maybe RA member
    Last edited by suraj5898; March 16, 2013 at 03:19 AM.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member BurnSchulz's Avatar
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Pirates are the strongest group! LOL!
    I mean thats what oyou might get when the definition of Group is not clear enough.
    I would say that the World Gouvernment is the strongest Group - because of their power, not brute strenght alone!

Harasho 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member Kaiten's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

The World Government includes the Marine, Cipher Pol organizations, and Shichibukai. If we only consider fighting capabilities, they are by far the strongest group. Fortunately, the One Piece world does not work that way. The Government was strong enough to defeat Whitebeard, "the strongest man in the world", and his allies. It came at quite a cost, of course, which is why discussions like this can be a little superficial. Unlike generic shounen, the Marine paid a heavy price for victory. Three senior officers (Garp, Sengoku, and Kuzan) resigned in the aftermath. The balance of power was temporarily broken, resulting in considerable turmoil. In the post Whitebeard world, the Government is confronted with issues they did not have to face prior to the timeskip.

MH Senpai 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member M3J's Avatar
    Country
    Vatican City State
    Post Thanks / Like

They're rivals, but they're still part of a group, even if it's only because they're all equal in power, like how pirates are each others' enemies and rivals, but are still put in the same group because they're pirates - same with supernova. And we don't need so much information to determien which group is the strongest.

Isn't the Marine considered the Government's army? IF so, then they still saw the need to have shichibukai, seven warlords of the sea, for aid in case they had to fight the Yonkou (not sure if one or more than one). That alone says a lot about their power, as well as Dragon's/Revolutionary Army considering he's considered the most dangerous man, and Luffy was marked for death ever since that info was released (Akainu was after Luffy's head for who his father was, regardless of Garp being his grandfather).

Those two reactions or actions in regards to or about Yonkou and Revolutionary Army alone, in my opinion, speak volumes of both groups' power, even if the members of Yonkou are each others' rivals.

I guess Yonkou could in a way be compared to you and I. We both belong to staff member group, the main difference being you're red and I'm green. But that doesn't change the fact that we're both staff, and that we can work together whenever the situation arises. The main difference is that there's no rivalry between us, just comradeship, so this isn't really the best example, I guess....

---------- Post added at 01:31 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:29 PM ----------

The World Government includes the Marine, Cipher Pol organizations, and Shichibukai. If we only consider fighting capabilities, they are by far the strongest group. Fortunately, the One Piece world does not work that way. The Government was strong enough to defeat Whitebeard, "the strongest man in the world", and his allies. It came at quite a cost, of course, which is why discussions like this can be a little superficial. Unlike generic shounen, the Marine paid a heavy price for victory. Three senior officers (Garp, Sengoku, and Kuzan) resigned in the aftermath. The balance of power was temporarily broken, resulting in considerable turmoil. In the post Whitebeard world, the Government is confronted with issues they did not have to face prior to the timeskip.
    I disagree, as even the Marine, possible Cipher Pol, and Shichibukai had difficulty against Whitebeard in the war. Judging by performances of the World Government armies, they'd likely lose to the Yonkou as a group. Let's not forget that Whitebeard was old, sick, and died fighting Blackbeard. The worst damage the Marine managed to inflict was wiping away half of Whitebeard's face.

I'm not sure if you can consider the war as the reason why the senior officers resigned. Kuzan resigned because he didn't want to work under Akainu and his methods, and I think Sengoku was disgusted with how the Government decided to cover up the level 6 prisoners escaping to avoid losing face.

REgardless though, the Marine and their allies had trouble with Whitebeard and with Luffy and his "crew." If another Yonkou like Shanks was there, then I could see the Government losing decisively, especially when a non-Yonkou was able to do a lot of damage.

9. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Country
    Marine Headquarters
    Post Thanks / Like

The point still stands, Yonkou are not a group and they also would never work together. If you put Yonkou as a group, you could also put all pirates as a group, it is the same concept.

MH Senpai 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member M3J's Avatar
    Country
    Vatican City State
    Post Thanks / Like

My point still stands as well, the Yonkou would still be standing at the end. Chances are, only the supernova pirates would last long enough if war broke out between Yonkou and the pirates, or all groups involved. And I'm not saying they will work together, I'm saying what if, it's hypothetical. Whitebeard's crew alone was enough to take on the Marines and for the most part, shichibukai, especially Whitebeard, who was nowhere near the level he used to be.

Though, with that logic then shichibukai shouldn't be considered a group either. They're only brought together by the government and thus only fight when ordered to.

Country
    Marine Headquarters
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by M3J View Post
    My point still stands as well, the Yonkou would still be standing at the end. Chances are, only the supernova pirates would last long enough if war broke out between Yonkou and the pirates, or all groups involved. And I'm not saying they will work together, I'm saying what if, it's hypothetical. Whitebeard's crew alone was enough to take on the Marines and for the most part, shichibukai, especially Whitebeard, who was nowhere near the level he used to be.

Though, with that logic then shichibukai shouldn't be considered a group either. They're only brought together by the government and thus only fight when ordered to.
    Of course the Shichibukai are not a group either, at least not according the original definition of the term "group" but they still differ from the Yonkou. The Shichibukai have to work together at one point, namely when the WG calls them. The Yonkou on the other hand will never work together, unless you are assuming that Luffy will be one at the end of the story and that he will have Yonkou allies which in turn is probably not what the guy who started this thread referred to. The "members" of the Yonkou have a legitimate chance to overthrow the WG and rule the world if they had allied with another one of the Yonkou, not matter which one. Why do you think that never happened? Because they are unable to work together.

Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity jaymizzo's Avatar
    I had a smaller one but i guess i left it at home
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by MiyamotoMusashi View Post
    Of course the Shichibukai are not a group either, at least not according the original definition of the term "group" but they still differ from the Yonkou. The Shichibukai have to work together at one point, namely when the WG calls them. The Yonkou on the other hand will never work together, unless you are assuming that Luffy will be one at the end of the story and that he will have Yonkou allies which in turn is probably not what the guy who started this thread referred to. The "members" of the Yonkou have a legitimate chance to overthrow the WG and rule the world if they had allied with another one of the Yonkou, not matter which one. Why do you think that never happened? Because they are unable to work together.
    Actually youre wrong, the Shichibukai dont have to work together, look at the Marineford war. They still act as individuals but have a collective brand "Shichibukai". The same can be said about Yonkou, they are individuals but if an all out war against the WG broke out, they would take out the WG first and then work on killing each other.

Also, we have seen that the Shichibukai does not exactly bend to every whim the WG has. Almost all of them have shown that they dont give two shits about what the WG wants.
    "Man hands misery onto man" - Philip Larkin

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Country
    India
    Post Thanks / Like

its funny how people called Yonkou is not group but make point why we should called Shichibukai group. yes they dont have hate relationship but they also didnt have love/friendship relationship with each others. also Shichibukai r not loyal to each others or WG. they come to fight WB because of there own resone (kill WB, for safety of her people etc) . so if u look that Shichibukai come together because they has to then why not Yonkou can come together.

there is also a point that people r calling marines stronger because they defeat WB but then they forgetting that marine didnt win war as
    marine vs WB
    but they win war as
    marine + Shichibukai vs WB

if u want real group then in 4 given group there is only 2 group whom we can called group
    1 marines
    2 RA

MangaHelper 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member kkck's Avatar
    wherever cookies can't get to me...(as if such a place existed...)
    Country
    Galactic Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

Well, the shichibukai are technically part of the world government so to speak. They don't love each other but under certain circumstances they certainly can be called upon by the government. There is also the difference that the shichibukai don't have huge armies behind them to some extent. Well, they do, but not quite as extensive or organized as the yonko or the marines. The kuja have haki but overall no one is worth a damn of them as far as we saw. Mihawk is alone, buggy has the prisoners from ID which might be a pretty large and powerful force as a whole but I would argue a single strong person would take them out much like the kuja. Kuma has no crew. At their times moria and crocodile had crews but they were weak. Jinbe had the sunny pirates but they were weak at large too, only jinbe and tiger fisher were worth damn and tiger fisher is mildly questionable. Law has his crew but they are as far as we know relatively small and have little influence. Only shichibukai who might actually have a strong and powerful force behind him is doflamingo at this stage.... Even then, there is the consideration that crews do not actually work for the government.

Country
    Marine Headquarters
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by jaymizzo View Post
    Actually youre wrong, the Shichibukai dont have to work together, look at the Marineford war. They still act as individuals but have a collective brand "Shichibukai". The same can be said about Yonkou, they are individuals but if an all out war against the WG broke out, they would take out the WG first and then work on killing each other.

Also, we have seen that the Shichibukai does not exactly bend to every whim the WG has. Almost all of them have shown that they dont give two shits about what the WG wants.
    They don´t have to pat each other on the back but they are not allowed to fight against each other, get in each other´s way and so forth.

New Reply
Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 LastLast