Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (8/11/14 - 8/17/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: One Piece 756 by cnet128 , Bleach 592 by cnet128
New Reply
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: The Nature of Kinemon's Sword Style

Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity danzouismadara's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

One Piece The Nature of Kinemon's Sword Style

kinemon's is called fire-fox kinemon because is sword burns enemies, and I think this zatoichi dude's sword crushes enemies. the samurai in wano get their power from their special swords. kinemon had no idea what a devil fruit is, therefore i think the metal they use to make their swords have some properties from the devil fruits. maybe a connection between sea-stone and devil fruits will be revealed!

Can someone message me an anime that's similar to d grayman or claymore or deathnote?

Ive seen Deathnote, deadman wonderland, fairytale, shigurui, ao no exorcist, beelzebub, samurai champloo, code geass, devil may cry, Hakuouki, monster, blood plus, gantz. Basically, something with demons and gore.

Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Razh's Avatar
    Country
    Croatia
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: One Piece 701 Discussion/ 702 Predictions

Quote Originally Posted by danzouismadara View Post
    kinemon's is called fire-fox kinemon because is sword burns enemies, and I think this zatoichi dude's sword crushes enemies. the samurai in wano get their power from their special swords. kinemon had no idea what a devil fruit is, therefore i think the metal they use to make their swords have some properties from the devil fruits. maybe a connection between sea-stone and devil fruits will be revealed!
    I have yet to see Kinemon burning anyone with his sword. So far he was just cutting fire. We have yet to see if it has more to do with his skills or his sword. If Zoro can learn it, then it's about the user.

Heh
    Prediction: Dragon will appear on Fishman Island!
    Challenge Gilferbeast!!!

(thank you pupil "fuck you razh" -> made me lol)

Harasho 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member Kaiten's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Razh View Post
    I have yet to see Kinemon burning anyone with his sword. So far he was just cutting fire. We have yet to see if it has more to do with his skills or his sword. If Zoro can learn it, then it's about the user.
    http://www.batoto.net/read/_/110672/...y_mangarule/16
    http://www.batoto.net/read/_/110672/...y_mangarule/17
    http://www.batoto.net/read/_/110672/...y_mangarule/18

"what if I were to try burning it?"
    "...can burn as it slices my foes"
    "cuts with the power of fire"
    Last edited by Kaiten; March 10, 2013 at 04:48 PM.

4. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    MH Senpai 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member MiyamotoMusashi's Avatar
    Country
    Marine Headquarters
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by vagabond87 View Post
    So Kinemon is most probably using haki related technique just like Sanji with his Diable Jambe, Luffy with his Red Hawk, one of Boa sisters, one of WB commanders etc..
    Should I take it to Haki discussion thread or can I let it be here?
    How do you know it is Haki related? Sanji did not know how to use Haki pre-TS but still could use Diable Jambe, Luffy´s Red Hawk has more to do with the way his DF reacts to CoA Hardening while under G2, Marigold lighting herself on fire fits the theme of her fruit and so forth. It was never explained nor mentioned that Haki could do something like this. It is fairly obvious that Kinemon using and cutting fire is a secret sword technique from Wa No, maybe even just from one clan or dojo.

Banned 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Country
    Poland
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by MiyamotoMusashi View Post
    How do you know it is Haki related? Sanji did not know how to use Haki pre-TS but still could use Diable Jambe, Luffy´s Red Hawk has more to do with the way his DF reacts to CoA Hardening while under G2, Marigold lighting herself on fire fits the theme of her fruit and so forth. It was never explained nor mentioned that Haki could do something like this. It is fairly obvious that Kinemon using and cutting fire is a secret sword technique from Wa No, maybe even just from one clan or dojo.
    I would not say its so obvious.
    Fossa cant agree with you that using fire katana is so special to only samurai from Wa.

Boa sisters were said to be proficient haki users and one of them gotten on fire few pages later- if you say that its because of her theme you dont want to see some things as they are. Luffy was said by Blackbeard during Impel Down fight to have haki and even more- he commented on Luffys haki being stronger than last time they met. For me Blackbeard knows more about haki than you thats for sure So if Luffy was able to use haki without knowing it then why Sanji cant? For me Monster Trio awokened their haki before time skip. If Coby who was one shotted by Luffy during war had haki then why Zoro and Sanji- beside Luffy - couldnt have it, at very base level, without knowing what it is and how it works.
    When it comes to your interpretation of Red Hawk it has even less sense then what I wrote, its your free interpretation of Rubber+Haki+Gear Second= Fire. Sorry but I dont buy it. For me we might see in future Luffy using black CoA and Gear Second without getting on fire, so fire would be special manifestation/form of haki.

But I do agree that cutting fire and explosion may be and most probably is secred sword technique.
    Is there a chance for early chapter by tomorrow? Does anybody know?
    Last edited by vagabond87; March 11, 2013 at 05:02 AM.

Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity danzouismadara's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Fossa cant agree with you that using fire katana is so special to only samurai from Wa.

Boa sisters were said to be proficient haki users and one of them gotten on fire few pages later- if you say that its because of her theme you dont want to see some things as they are. Luffy was said by Blackbeard during Impel Down fight to have haki and even more- he commented on Luffys haki being stronger than last time they met. For me Blackbeard knows more about haki than you thats for sure So if Luffy was able to use haki without knowing it then why Sanji cant? For me Monster Trio awokened their haki before time skip. If Coby who was one shotted by Luffy during war had haki then why Zoro and Sanji- beside Luffy - couldnt have it, at very base level, without knowing what it is and how it works.
    When it comes to your interpretation of Red Hawk it has even less sense then what I wrote, its your free interpretation of Rubber+Haki+Gear Second= Fire. Sorry but I dont buy it. For me we might see in future Luffy using black CoA aqnd Gear Second without getting on fire, so fire would be special manifestation/form of haki.

But I do agree that cutting fire and explosion may be and most probably is secred sword technique.
    ever thought about him getting that sword from wano? lol

Can someone message me an anime that's similar to d grayman or claymore or deathnote?

Ive seen Deathnote, deadman wonderland, fairytale, shigurui, ao no exorcist, beelzebub, samurai champloo, code geass, devil may cry, Hakuouki, monster, blood plus, gantz. Basically, something with demons and gore.

Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted k-dom's Avatar
    Country
    France
    Post Thanks / Like

Hum concerning Marigold, Miyamoto is right. She is using matches to start the fire. The only thing haki related is that it helps her not being burned. Concerning Kinemon, it is more interesting if his fire techniques are not related to the sword. Fire swords can exist too but Wano samourais would be more interesting if each dojo had developped a specific sword style. I guess one will know more when we will the other ones in a fight.

Country
    Marine Headquarters
    Post Thanks / Like

When it comes to your interpretation of Red Hawk it has even less sense then what I wrote, its your free interpretation of Rubber+Haki+Gear Second= Fire. Sorry but I dont buy it. For me we might see in future Luffy using black CoA aqnd Gear Second without getting on fire, so fire would be special manifestation/form of haki.

Don´t worry, i try to see things as they are . There was not shown any correlation between the Boa sisters Haki proficiency and Marigold´s ability to light herself up, she even called it like a special attack (i think it is called Salamander) of her fruit. Luffy awakening to Haki pre-TS does not explain Sanji using a technique that would require advanced mastery of CoA.
    Luffy only uses CoA Hardening in his base form or in G3 (Elephant Gun, the fight against Hodi, the fight against CC and the Yeti brothers) while he uses only "normal" CoA in his G2 form. The only exception is Red Hawk which was the first time he used both G2 and Hardening. So, it is not my opinion or something, it is the depiction of the manga.
    The commander of the WB Pirates has been a member for 20 years, meaning that he was in the NW for 20 years. It is not unthinkable that he went to Wa No and learned the technique, considering that Ace could also roam freely on Wa No, even learning how to make a straw hat for Oars.

Country
    Poland
    Post Thanks / Like

We saw only Marigold using maches to het haki burning, Sanji used heat from spinning to go for diable jambe, Fossa could have even used his cigar. Clould have but non confirms that he did. So perhaps haki can feed fire or get heaten up like for example metal, like extremly dense oxygen or something like that but still I dont see how Luffy set his haki on fire though. Still Im sure that Kinemons techniques are more about haki than sword that he uses.

---------- Post added at 03:37 AM ---------- Previous post was at 03:32 AM ----------

Don´t worry, i try to see things as they are . There was not shown any correlation between the Boa sisters Haki proficiency and Marigold´s ability to light herself up, she even called it like a special attack (i think it is called Salamander) of her fruit. Luffy awakening to Haki pre-TS does not explain Sanji using a technique that would require advanced mastery of CoA.
    Well for me name of attack was in theme of her fruit but in same time name of the attack was said when she used technique similar to what Kumadori from CP9 shown us back at Enies Lobby when he revolved some of his techniques around controlling his hair, using it to grab his enemies and attack them. Maybe it was some Rokushiki-like technique.
    Luffy awakening to Haki pre-TS does not explain Sanji using a technique that would require advanced mastery of CoA.
    Luffy only uses CoA Hardening in his base form or in G3 (Elephant Gun, the fight against Hodi, the fight against CC and the Yeti brothers) while he uses only "normal" CoA in his G2 form. The only exception is Red Hawk which was the first time he used both G2 and Hardening. So, it is not my opinion or something, it is the depiction of the manga.
    The commander of the WB Pirates has been a member for 20 years, meaning that he was in the NW for 20 years. It is not unthinkable that he went to Wa No and learned the technique, considering that Ace could also roam freely on Wa No, even learning how to make a straw hat for Oars.
    Well he could have some base haki level back then and maybe his diable jambe wasnt literally on fire but just got heaten up like metal- who knows if we shouldn't take Raylegh words about haki being like invisible armor quite literally. After time skip we saw Sanji using Hell Memories and Daruma using Hi-Daruma Cutter (Hi-Daruma Kattā?, literally meaning "Ablaze Cutter"): Daruma engulfs himself in fire by unknown means and then jumps towards his opponents, trying to bite them. This is called Fireball Cutter in the FUNimation sub. as One Piece wikia says. They both set themselves literally in flames with no seen source of fire. Keep that in mind please if you want to go for long post and elaboration we all should use all of examples not only those that are going along with our theories.
    Last edited by vagabond87; March 11, 2013 at 05:11 AM.

11. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Country
    Marine Headquarters
    Post Thanks / Like

We saw only Marigold using maches to het haki burning, Sanji used heat from spinning to go for diable jambe, Fossa could have even used his cigar. Clould have but non confirms that he did. So perhaps haki can feed fire or get heaten up like for example metal, like extremly dense oxygen or something like that but still I dont see how Luffy set his haki on fire though. Still Im sure that Kinemons techniques are more about haki than sword that he uses.

---------- Post added at 03:37 AM ---------- Previous post was at 03:32 AM ----------

Well he could have some base haki level back then and maybe his diable jambe wasnt literally on fire but just got heaten up like metal. After time skip we saw Sanji using Hell Memories and Daruma using Hi-Daruma Cutter (Hi-Daruma Kattā?, literally meaning "Ablaze Cutter"): Daruma engulfs himself in fire by unknown means and then jumps towards his opponents, trying to bite them. This is called Fireball Cutter in the FUNimation sub. as One Piece wikia says. They both set themselves literally in flames with no seen source of fire. Keep that in mind please if you want to go for long post and elaboration we all should use all of examples not only those that are going along with our theories.
    Oda commented on Sanji using fire. He says that Sanji´s heart burns hotter than anyone else´s. Furthermore, the example of Daruma is actually an example against your theory since the fishmen never heard of any Haki.

Country
    Poland
    Post Thanks / Like

Oda commented on Sanji using fire. He says that Sanji´s heart burns hotter than anyone else´s. Furthermore, the example of Daruma is actually an example against your theory since the fishmen never heard of any Haki.
    I dont see where did you found info that they never heard of haki. Hyouzou was shown to cut iron shields with similar ease to Zoro. Daruma just simply set himself on fire just like Marigold did- right? It goes well along with his cookie cutter shark theme Usubon no Yari form Ikaros looks awfully similar to Sanjis Diable Jambe- but its just coincidence right? There is so many of those in One Piece. Jimbe seems to be proficient at using Haki, he seems to know a lot about CoC- his reaction to Luffy using it on New Fishman Pirates says a lot. Fishman never heard about haki? Thats a good one.

When it comes to people using fire in fights haki is always in play to some degree. It would be bad if you deny that only haki users were shown to use fire on their weapons/ parts of body.

And I know we gotten quite off the topic here so if any of mods decide to remove our posts then let it be in haki discussion thread. Do not delete them please.
    Last edited by vagabond87; March 11, 2013 at 04:57 AM.

Country
    Marine Headquarters
    Post Thanks / Like

I dont see where did you found info that they never heard of haki. Hyouzou was shown to cut iron shields with similar ease to Zoro. Daruma just simply set himself on fire just like Marigold did- right? It goes well along with his cookie cutter shark theme Usubon no Yari form Ikaros looks awfully similar to Sanjis Diable Jambe- but its just coincidence right? There is so many of those in One Piece. Jimbe seems to be proficient at using Haki, he seems to know a lot about CoC- his reaction to Luffy using it on New Fishman Pirates says a lot. Fishman never heard about haki? Thats a good one.

When it comes to people using fire in fights haki is always in play to some degree. It would be bad if you deny that only haki users were shown to use fire on their weapons/ parts of body.

And I know we gotten quite off the topic here so if any of mods decide to remove our posts then let it be in haki discussion thread. Do not delete them please.
    Jinbe is someone who has traveled with the WB, is a pirate for at least 10 years, including in the NW, so Jinbe is not representative for the fishmen. Hodi and his gang never left FI their entire life, so they have no idea what Haki is, demonstrated by their surprise of Luffy´s CoC.

And again, there is no correlation between fire users and Haki.

Country
    Poland
    Post Thanks / Like

Jinbe is someone who has traveled with the WB, is a pirate for at least 10 years, including in the NW, so Jinbe is not representative for the fishmen. Hodi and his gang never left FI their entire life, so they have no idea what Haki is, demonstrated by their surprise of Luffy´s CoC.

If you dont want to see corelation between those then I wont make you see it, I will just wait till we get explanation in manga somehow confirming what I tried to explain.
    They could have not seen CoC in action, dont know what it is. But to say that Fishman dont know haki is not wise. Even queen Otohime was hinted to be pretty good CoO user more than once. But believe whatever you want, this discussion to me has no sense anymore. So Im out of it.

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
    Country
    India
    Post Thanks / Like

Well he could have some base haki level back then and maybe his diable jambe wasnt literally on fire but just got heaten up like metal- who knows if we shouldn't take Raylegh words about haki being like invisible armor quite literally. After time skip we saw Sanji using Hell Memories and Daruma using Hi-Daruma Cutter (Hi-Daruma Kattā?, literally meaning "Ablaze Cutter"): Daruma engulfs himself in fire by unknown means and then jumps towards his opponents, trying to bite them. This is called Fireball Cutter in the FUNimation sub. as One Piece wikia says. They both set themselves literally in flames with no seen source of fire. Keep that in mind please if you want to go for long post and elaboration we all should use all of examples not only those that are going along with our theories.
    what i understand is that CoA is like a layer on top of your body(at least one layer should cover the whole part of hardened area).if you can create one layer,then you can create two adjacent layers side by side.obviously by now you know how to move them.move them faster,there will be friction and may be fire.is it reasonable?i would say there can be a very strong correlation between haki and fire.kinemon could flash his sword so fast that the armoured haki on the sword(layer) creates fire(again friction).of course,we don't even know what haki is made of.it's manga magic.

what do you think?sorry for being off-topic.
    Last edited by takneeque; March 11, 2013 at 08:23 AM.

17. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member alisdfd's Avatar
    Country
    England
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by danzouismadara View Post
    luffy haki mastery isn't enough in my opinion. Marco and whitebeard were using haki and super strong devil fruit powers and they were on par with the admirals but not stronger than the admirals. I think luffy can use haki to be on par with admirals but I just dont think he is stronger than an admiral. He needs to step it up a notch. Vergo displayed even more haki skills then luffy and he got owned by LAW. This samurai guy and this arc will def. force the strawhats to become stronger. the gravity dude is just a guy from wano and I highly doubt he is an admiral. the admiral is on his way--which i think is coby (PURPLE hair)
    i think that whitebread was clkearly stronger than the admiral aND MARCO ASwell did you watch the battle

---------- Post added at 09:25 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:22 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by s2k03 View Post
    I think the gravity dude isnt from wano cause it seems like all the samurai's are really close with each other and if that was so, and that guy is from wano wouldnt he be trying to catch up to kinemon??

I think luffy is on par with admirals but i dont think he can mop them across the floor as if they are nothing. Yes vergo showed better haki skills in COA but not in every haki..... Also you gotta remember that luffy just learned 2 years ago plus you havent seen luffy fight anyone strong yet so i dont think he showed everything he's got. kinda making luffy look like fodder

---------- Post added at 03:33 AM ---------- Previous post was at 03:29 AM ----------

well maybe i am wrong never said i was right but to me from what i see it looks as if luffy would beat magellen, cause it looks as if devil fruit users rely on their DF alot and if you luffy is immune to magellen's poision then its pretty much done.

well my bad i thought he was logia i remember him going through magellen once when he punched him :/
    i agree with you on luffy beating magellen but i dont think that luffy is as strong as admirals i think he still has a long way to go to learn about fighting btactics instead of being reckless ]

New Reply
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast