Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (8/18/14 - 8/24/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Gintama 507 by Bomber D Rufi
New Reply

Thread: Raftel

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Post Thanks / Like

Raftel

Well I was just thinking about it, and I don't know, something bugs me, As far as I understood It, If you manage to reach raftel, you basically become the pirate king.
    I didn't make exact calculations, but aside WhiteBeard who didn't wanna be a pirate King, Big Mom and Kaidou have been in the new world for 15 years? at least, not to mention there must have been tons of other pirates in the new world, as far as I understood the log brings you from one island to the other, so technically someone SHOULD have reached raftel. However no one did.
    Have you noticed that robin joined almost immediately after luffy entered the grand line. And has since been reading Poneglyphs, jeez I got bored of writing so I'll make it quick.
    My theory is that to reach raftel, one must read the Poneglyphs allocated in the grand lines/new world, because they hold clues on how to get to raftel. Hence only luffy will be able to get to raftel.

MH Senpai 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member MiyamotoMusashi's Avatar
    Country
    Marine Headquarters
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Raftel

Quote Originally Posted by MissSuicideSheep View Post
    Well I was just thinking about it, and I don't know, something bugs me, As far as I understood It, If you manage to reach raftel, you basically become the pirate king.
    I didn't make exact calculations, but aside WhiteBeard who didn't wanna be a pirate King, Big Mom and Kaidou have been in the new world for 15 years? at least, not to mention there must have been tons of other pirates in the new world, as far as I understood the log brings you from one island to the other, so technically someone SHOULD have reached raftel. However no one did.
    Have you noticed that robin joined almost immediately after luffy entered the grand line. And has since been reading Poneglyphs, jeez I got bored of writing so I'll make it quick.
    My theory is that to reach raftel, one must read the Poneglyphs allocated in the grand lines/new world, because they hold clues on how to get to raftel. Hence only luffy will be able to get to raftel.
    Possible. Since Luffy has the only person who can read Poneglyphs in his crew, he can be the only one who reaches Raftel. Another possibility is the ability to hear the "Voice of all things" Rayleigh talked about. So far, only Luffy and Roger have that ability, so it can be a requirement for getting to Raftel.

3. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by MiyamotoMusashi View Post
    Possible. Since Luffy has the only person who can read Poneglyphs in his crew, he can be the only one who reaches Raftel. Another possibility is the ability to hear the "Voice of all things" Rayleigh talked about. So far, only Luffy and Roger have that ability, so it can be a requirement for getting to Raftel.
    yeah that hearing thing, i was thinking about it too.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Anduren's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

If One Piece really is in Raftel, then yes, the one who reaches it becomes Pirate King . But Luffy didn't even let Usopp ask Rayleigh if that was where One Piece was; so conveniently, this may or may not turn out to be true.

There's also the possibility that people like Big Mom and Kaidou don't want to reach Raftel like Whitebeard. Whitebeard's treasure was family so he wasn't interested in being Pirate King. We found out that Big Mom's treasure is candy. Interestingly half the people who actually wanted to be pirate king at some point ended up joining the Shichibukai which I find weird (Crocodile, Doflamingo, Blackbeard, Law, etc.) It's possible that people who do want to be pirate king have trouble getting past people in the new world like Whitebeard, Shanks, Big Mom who may not be trying to be pirate king but have other interests in the new world that are required as a stepping stone for Raftel. Also, since we found out there are islands in the new world with no magnetic fields (log poses cant lead you there), Raftel could be one of these islands.

This may turn out to be true. We do know that Roger (who can read poneglyphs and hear the voice of all things) offered to tell Whitebeard how to get there. If anyone could've created an eternal pose for Raftel, it could only have been done by Roger and his crew. But I guess we still don't know how exactly these poses are made. It seems more though, that you have to follow some specific directions to get there rather than just using a log pose. At least that's what I got from the way Roger worded that statement to Whitebeard. So these directions may very well be writen in poneglyph form.
    Last edited by Anduren; March 20, 2013 at 02:11 PM.

Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member Avid's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

It's possible Raftel is too dangerous to just approach or that it is moving.

Harasho 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member Kaiten's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Robin said that to learn the true history she must follow the poneglyphs to the end of Grand Line. That, of course, would be Raftel. That also would explain Roger's message (from the same chapter), "We came here, found the text, and followed it's guidance." The poneglyphs could be the true map of the New World, with the Rio Poneglyph. Reaching Raftel might also require the Will of D and hearing the voice of all things. That would explain why so many great pirates have not found Raftel, they can't. They do not even know where to look.

Remember that the log pose does not work the same in the New World. The log pose points in one direction, at all times. In the New World, it points in three. There is no "correct" route to the end. Finding Raftel with a log pose would be impossible. The probability of always choosing the right path is incredibly low.

---------- Post added at 10:49 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:41 AM ----------

One Piece is probably "the moral of the story", rather than a physical treasure. The true history, and ability to restore the Ancient Kingdom, make the most sense based on what we know now, and the themes Oda has presented. The Pirate King is a hero who love freedom, independence, and friendship above all things. Knowing the truth of the Void Century, he can acquire all three ancient weapons, and make war on the corrupt World Government, successor of the evil 20 Kings. Something like that. I also think Uranus will be on Raftel. The keepers of Pluton were found during the first saga of the Grand Line. Poseidon was found at the midway point of the series. Uranus then, would be found at the very end.

8. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
New Reply