Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (10/13/14 - 10/19/14).
Forum News: The nomination phase of the Community Awards 2014 is live! Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
New Reply
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Reborn Manga TOC Rankings

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member moonueki21's Avatar
    Country
    Philippines
    Post Thanks / Like

Reborn Manga TOC Rankings

Quote Originally Posted by wulfy View Post
    2chより
    ohana ◆IR7jauNn4E :2011/03/09(水) 17:33:09.61  ID:5n4wHmGBP
    じゅんい:17/21

Rank 17 out of 21
    I think it's time to say our advanced goodbyes to reborn...

nothing good comes from my idiocy...

MH Senpai 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member BianchiChrome's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Reborn TOC Rankings

Hello!

I don't think that we should be thinking that Reborn! is ending soon. I believe that the ranking system is for many chapters back. I don't think that most current chapters have been ranked yet.
    Last edited by steelwingcrash1; March 10, 2011 at 11:19 AM.

Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member Yaroumme's Avatar
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by moonueki21 View Post
    @zeonbell - but bleach is on the top...
    I don't think Reborn! will end THAT soon... It just started to get really popular.
    Last edited by steelwingcrash1; March 10, 2011 at 11:19 AM.

Shall the Mist upon you~ Visit me at http://yaroumme.deviantart.com

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner iRawrMix's Avatar
    Country
    Netherlands
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Reborn 329 Spoiler Thread

Soo guys...anybody thinks reborn will end soon :C???
    Last edited by steelwingcrash1; March 10, 2011 at 11:21 AM. Reason: removed spoiler content

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member steelwingcrash1's Avatar
    A place where KHR is number one - in my heart and mind!
    Country
    Philippines
    Post Thanks / Like

Reborn Manga TOC Rankings

Moderator message by: steelwingcrash1
    This is a thread to discuss the Reborn ToC (Table of Contents) Rankings which some have already discussed in the 329 Spoiler/Discussion Thread. As such, I have moved some of those posts there to this thread because ToC Rankings are not made to be discussed in the spoiler thread.

So, feel free to discuss in here your speculations for Reborn manga in line with the Table of Contents.

However, please be informed that even though Reborn might have gotten a low ranking, it does not mean it will soon end. Let us avoid jumping to immediate conclusions that the BEST manga (Reborn, what else?) will be put to an end.

Unless they want a Third World War to take place?

6. Thanks 4 Member(s) thanked this post
    Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member Yaroumme's Avatar
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Reborn Manga TOC Rankings

Quote Originally Posted by steelwingcrash1 View Post
    However, please be informed that even though Reborn might have gotten a low ranking, it does not mean it will soon end. Let us avoid jumping to immediate conclusions that the BEST manga (Reborn, what else?) will be put to an end.

Unless they want a Third World War to take place?
    That's a nice way of seeing things :'D
    I shall join you!

Though,SWJ doesnt let's a Manga get cancelled that fastly! Especially when it's such a long ongoing series and also REBORN! got many new fans lately so I don't think something like that will happen soon.
    They can't do that >:T also they wouldn't get much money after cancelling KHR! XD

Shall the Mist upon you~ Visit me at http://yaroumme.deviantart.com

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
    Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

I'm pretty sure it would have to maintain a low ranking for an extended period of time in order to get canceled.

9. Thanks 3 Member(s) thanked this post
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Oni_James's Avatar
    Country
    Catalonia
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by everydaygamer View Post
    I'm pretty sure it would have to maintain a low ranking for an extended period of time in order to get canceled.
    If my memory doesn't fail Psyren stayed lots of chapters on the low 5 till it got cancelled.

I think a big part of Reborn's downfall was because of the anime. It had a huge fanbase. If/When anime starts back, I'm pretty sure popularity will rise again.
    ざわ...ざわ...

11. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member wulfy's Avatar
    Country
    Taiwan
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by BianchiChrome View Post
    Hello!

I don't think that we should be thinking that Reborn! is ending soon. I believe that the ranking system is for many chapters back. I don't think that most current chapters have been ranked yet.
    you are right :3
    the rank you see right now (17/21) is the rank for the chapter 2 month ago. more info about jump ranking can be found in the manga bakuman

Quote Originally Posted by everydaygamer View Post
    SWAP got cancled after being rank 19/19 for almost 4 month O .o
    a gooooooooooood looooooong time O.o
    so.
    the ranking is put up so people won't be surprised when the series end.
    You would notice this notice that this notice isn't worth noticing....really.....
    draw with me here
    (is on a short break from school.....)

MH Senpai 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Asarii's Avatar
    Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

No, Reborn won't get cancelled because of ONE placing in the bottom 5. It still makes money for WSJ from its tankobon. Since it's been serialized for nearly seven years (that's a long time), the magazine will allow it to have a natural ending.

There was a time a few years ago where it was also in the bottom 5. Don't fret, folks.

14. Thanks 3 Member(s) thanked this post
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

The rankings are largely irrelevant for Reborn, anyway. It's one of Jump's best selling series. The only reason there would be cause for concern is if the bottom dropped out on the sales, but that is highly unlikely.

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner Vongola's Avatar
    Country
    Marine Headquarters
    Post Thanks / Like

I'm not sure if we should take the TOC rankings too seriously right now. About half the series were unranked this issue, so some series got pushed down the list.

Also the Reborn Volumes sell really good. Reborn Vol. 33 was in the top 3 for this week.
    http://mangahelpers.com/forum/showpo...&postcount=392
    So it would be pretty dumb for them to cancel it.

17. Thanks 3 Member(s) thanked this post
    Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Crude's Avatar
    Country
    Portugal
    Post Thanks / Like

As it's been said, Reborn! is a high-selling manga, so getting occasionally a low rank wouldn't do any harm to it. D.Gray-Man wasn't exactly the highest series in the magazine (when it was still serialized in WSJ), yet due to high sales it was never cancelled either. The only way I could see Reborn! getting cancelled would be if it pulled of a Shaman King or Eyeshield 21. Both were popular, but were cancelled/had a rushed ending, and I'm not sure about Shaman King, but I do know that the ES21 anime had ended quite a while ago.

Reborn!'s doing good though. It's rankings aren't set, they vary between high and low, plus it still gets quite a few colour pages and the magazine cover sometimes.

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member yukilove21's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by CrudeCross View Post
    As it's been said, Reborn! is a high-selling manga, so getting occasionally a low rank wouldn't do any harm to it. D.Gray-Man wasn't exactly the highest series in the magazine (when it was still serialized in WSJ), yet due to high sales it was never cancelled either. The only way I could see Reborn! getting cancelled would be if it pulled of a Shaman King or Eyeshield 21. Both were popular, but were cancelled/had a rushed ending, and I'm not sure about Shaman King, but I do know that the ES21 anime had ended quite a while ago.

Reborn!'s doing good though. It's rankings aren't set, they vary between high and low, plus it still gets quite a few colour pages and the magazine cover sometimes.
    *Is still glad about the DGM thing *
    That is true. I don't really think it will have any major twists... Until Amano-sensei explains in detail how Byakuran is still Alive :U. And the Shaman King anime is over. The manga is still being released here in America, or it just finished, so I am not sure... But I think it was doing good. It got on the New York times best-sellers list for manga a few times. But that does make me mad... Shaman King was SUCH a good manga, so it will infuriate me if Reborn takes the same turn(Which it probably won't.) And I have never read ES yet.

*cough*
    but anyways, it is going to stay in the magazine until it is over, probably. Seeing as what Asarii, it has been out for 7 years. Their is no way.
    And it is selling good over here, too.

Current obsessions: One Piece and D.Gray-man.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Oni_James's Avatar
    Country
    Catalonia
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by CrudeCross View Post
    As it's been said, Reborn! is a high-selling manga, so getting occasionally a low rank wouldn't do any harm to it. D.Gray-Man wasn't exactly the highest series in the magazine (when it was still serialized in WSJ), yet due to high sales it was never cancelled either. The only way I could see Reborn! getting cancelled would be if it pulled of a Shaman King or Eyeshield 21.
    The nice thing here is that Reborn! has already surpassed the 287 chapters in which SK was cancelled and in 4 weeks, it'll also surpass the 333 in which Eyeshield was dropped.
    ざわ...ざわ...

New Reply
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast