Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (10/13/14 - 10/19/14).
Forum News: The nomination phase of the Community Awards 2014 is live! Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
New Reply

Thread: Fullbring Discussion Thread

MH Senpai MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Uriel's Avatar
    Country
    Argentina
    Post Thanks / Like

Fullbring Discussion Thread

Well, Fullbring is after all interesting and not the lame thing I thought it would be (First impression after hearing that objects have also soul can never be good) and leaves some interesting question to be made about it.

I was thinking on my own persona if I had Fullbring (Sorry Mom, I don't want to kill you but it's how it works) to discover that I don't have ANY object that I'm attached to. Would that mean that I couldn't use Fullbring or that I could use Fullbring in many things? Or that I should pick something and Fullbring it? Having an object all your life makes the Fullbring more powerful?

I'm interested in these questions. I'm also interested into knowing YOUR Fullbring and its effects and some Shinigami and Hollows that could easily have a Fullbring (Byakuya's Headpiece for example).

So...Let's talk about Fullbring.
    Last edited by Tsukisama; March 11, 2011 at 01:10 AM.
    The Sky is pouring
    The wind is blowing
    The sea looks red,
    a surging sea of flames
    looks like the entrance to hell
    'Perfect', the captain said.

MH Senpai MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Let's talk about Fullbring

I think that this is a very interesting and good thread, but I think that it is a bit too general in scope. I think that this would be better served as two different threads.

So, this thread shall be about analyzing what constitutes a Fullbring and who could have it. I shall create a separate thread for your inquiry on what would be people (users and various characters) Fullbring if they had a Fullbring.

Here is the link to that other thread.
    Last edited by Tsukisama; March 11, 2011 at 01:10 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

3. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    MangaHelper 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member kkck's Avatar
    wherever cookies can't get to me...(as if such a place existed...)
    Country
    Galactic Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Fullbring Discussion Thread

I have been wondering if a souls such as a shinigami could use fullbring if he had the potential to use it as a human. Fullbring results from traces of hollow powers but if those traces affect the human body rather than the soul then perhaps fullbring is simply not accessible for souls. In that sense ichigo for example would perhaps be unable to use fullbring as a shinigami and it would perhaps give us a clue as to what would happen to chad's and orihime's abilities upon death.

I still have a bit of trouble understanding how exactly fullbring abilities come about. In ichigo's case the badge seemingly took in the memories of his previous battles and turned into a pseudo zangetsu but what about other people? What exactly does the user input into an object to turn into a fighting ability when there is no previous battle experience? Would regular memories eventually form into an ability? If the object itself is so important then would the ability be lost if the object is permanently destroyed? If what kujo said about ichigo is true then the battle experience from before should reform the lost ability into a new object though. Even then, since the object itself is so important the could the ability or shape of the fullbring be different? Ever since it was said I found it strange that it is memories that form a fullbring even though the object is enhanced through the soul of the user.

I also find riruka to be a strange fullbring user to an extent. Isn't her ability to let stuff into the house? But when she uses her ability she does not do it through the house but rather through a kiss in her finger or something. I think she is not telling us something. Does her fullbring have any battle applications at all?

To be honest I am really expecting ishida to have a fullbring considering the chapter where ichigo got his power and what we have seen from ishida before.
    http://www.mangareader.net/bleach/436/16
    http://www.mangareader.net/bleach/437/4
    http://www.mangareader.net/94-577-19...apter-123.html

This links evidence that ishida meets all the requirements to be a damn good fullbringer. First and foremost the things that ishida takes pride on. He is a quincy, he was trained by his grandfather and father and fights for the sake of others.

Second is the fact that ishida has had plenty of battles as a quincy. The memory of those battles should be just as good as ichigo's. His battle experience should work just as well as ichigo's too. The most important aspect of the memories of his battles is that an object receiving them could only plausibly transform into a sole thing: a bow. The possibility of ishida getting something different of a bow is basically null. He has trained with a bow, he has fought with a bow, he loves his bow and takes a damn good amount of pride in his bow. Ishida's potential fullbring simply cannot be something other than a bow.

Third, ishida is a descendant of the quincy, people who have fought hollows for generations. Fullbringers are people whose parents have had encounters with hollows and inherit hollow abiliites which stuck to their parents. There is no reason for ishida to not meet this requirement at all as his father, grandfather, great grandfather and who knows how many generations back have all been quincy and fought hollows at some point. Basically, ishida meets the most basic requirement to be a fullbringer.

Now, an interesting thing to discuss would be what item ishida could use. I guess what the object is is really not important considering fullbring makes it change shape so what is relevant here are the plot elements behind this hypothetical object. Ishida has changed bows several times so I doubt any of those would be all that good. It'd be interesting if he gets his grandfather's quincy cross which is currently possessed by his dad. Even if he has not had it for long it does carry the memories and pride from generations and generations of quincy (as far as we know) so it would be perfect. It'd be interesting if ishida gets a fullbring not from his own pride and memories but a fullbring with the pride and memories from all quincy so to speak. That would be nothing but the ultimate bow lol.

Now, based on how fullbring works it is interesting that any quincy could be manipulated into having a bow-like fullbring. They simply have to be taught quincy abilities, fight as quincy and inevitably the resulting fullbring will be a bow simply because the pride, memories and battle experience behind it will be that of a quincy and a bow.
    Last edited by kkck; March 21, 2011 at 02:12 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

5. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

There is only one problem with your theory kkck; as far as we know, fullbringers are only born when their mother is attacked by a hollow while they are pregnant. Now I'm not sure about you, but I highly doubt that the Quincy would send a pregnant woman into battle, especially with how highly they regard human life. That is the only reason I can think of that would put a damper on a quincy being a fullbringer.

Country
    Galactic Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

I don't think it was said fullbringers only occurred when pregnant women got attacked.... What was said was that residual powers stuck to parents and then those powers were passed on to their kids.

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

http://manga.bleachexile.com/bleach-...7-page-11.html

Bottom pannel. While yes it does say that each of them has a parent that was attacked by a hollow, it goes on to say that traces of the hollow powers remained in their mother's body and were later transfered to them when they were born. It should be a natural jump to assume that these women were pregnant at the time so that the unborn fetus would have contact with the powers so they could be passed on.

Country
    Galactic Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

I don't see how there is any ground to the assumption. It said the powers remained in their mother's body so there really is no basis whatsoever to assume mothers necessarily had to be pregnant while they were attacked. There is nothing natural about the assumption in question, it is just a guess.

I have been wondering about the reason for ichigo to have fullbring. Is it because masaki was attacked at some point in the past by a hollow and retained hollow powers unknowingly within her or is it because he himself has hollow powers? I don't see how the fullbringers would know ichigo can use fullbring if it is because masaki was attacked but in turn if it is because ichigo has hollow powers it would make sense right?
    Last edited by kkck; April 29, 2011 at 04:05 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Quantized's Avatar
    Country
    Imperium of Mankind
    Post Thanks / Like

Fullbring Basics ~ How it works ~

With this brand new power that we're slowly exploring right now, it seems to be about time to put it on the table, and discuss how it works compared to the other 3 powers in Bleach.
    Namely, Shinigami, Hollow, Quincy and of course the mixed powers like Arrancars, Vizards and soon likely Fullbring / Shinigami or even Hollow / Shinigami / Fullbring mixture.

Fullbring seems to be a little bit related to the Quincies, by what Ishida's dad was referring to back in the early arc, similar probably being humans extracting reatsu?

But we also know their source are from Hollows when they got affected as unborn children, perhaps their abilities while their reatsu is just unlocked, thus why they're a bit similar to Quincies? or did Ishida's dad only refer to Chad and Orihime when talking?

This thread is about discussing the how Fullbring works, how it is similar to other powers and what is unique on it's own with Fullbring.

Furthermore, we can include Hollow powers, as there are still doubts on that area as well.

So what is your take on Fullbring powers? How do you think it works with human bodies?
    Do you think they're cable of fighting Shinigami captains if the scenario ever came to that?

Country
    Galactic Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Fullbring Basics ~ How it works ~

I wouldn't compare fullbring with quincy powers. Some time ago we saw urahara wondering about chad's abilities in particular. He noticed in particular that chad's abilities were specifically unlike quincy and shinigami abilities hinting at them having a connection to a hollow's powers.

I think it is plausible for quincy abilities to have common points with hollow abilities but not because quincy abilities actually come from hollows as fullbring does. Quincys fight by absorbing reiatsu from the environment, something hollows also do, but that particular ability in itself does not necessarily come from actual hollow powers. It could have been deviced from observing hollows doing it though.

The way I see it there are also two aspects to fullbring. Fullbring has an external and an internal factor to it. Internal because for you to use fullbring you have to be innately capable of using it. Basically, either you can or cannot use it. external because the tool you use is foreign to you, it is a soul completely different from your own which you enhanced using your own soul. With quincy abilities that is not the case, there is no internal aspect to it. Quincy abilities do not require the user to be a quincy beforehand but rather it requires the user to specifically learn how to use quincy abilities. This would be dramatically different from a fullbringer as you can't become a fullbringer through training, either you can use fullbring or you can't while becoming a quincy is a matter of learning quincy techniques. As for the tools used by quincy, IMO they have nothing to do with fullbring. IMO they are just tools made by the quincy which channel power.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Quantized's Avatar
    Country
    Imperium of Mankind
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Fullbring Basics ~ How it works ~

That is how they might relate a bit though, while still be way different.

Don't get me wrong, I agree with you and I think you're onto something.. What I mean is, Quincies probably have a base reatsu, the rest they draw in from the surroundings.

As you mentioned, hollows are like that too. Since Fullbring are very roughly said power vice, half human, half hollow (since fullbring source is hollow).

So what if fullbring also can grow stronger from gathering from surroundings?
    Essentially, that could make them similar to the Quincy, yet still way different.

Just throwing out some thoughts, not so keen to put Quincies and Fullbringers in a relationship my self, not unless someone can come up with a good theory on it.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Country
    Riverrun
    Post Thanks / Like

The Hogyoku seems to use a stronger version of fullbring. The HG brings out the ability of someone by reading and becoming familiar with their soul (I think). It seems the only time it could be used to it's fullest was when fused with Aizen and only after taking a long time. Maybe this is because it could become more familiar with Aizen's soul if it fused with him, but it takes time to understand his soul and bring out it's full capabilities.
    Last edited by En Yang Ji; August 10, 2011 at 04:29 PM.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member niblack89's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

What I'm wondering is about Ichigo's fullbring. Chad claimed his fullbring comes from is actually skin. Fullbrings comes something you use that you love. If chad can love his skin (arms) they give him pride, then that would mean Ichigo could loves his actual soul. What if his soul reaper powers are his actual fullbringing powers.

Recession hit us all hard

MH Senpai MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Uriel's Avatar
    Country
    Argentina
    Post Thanks / Like

Well, he loves his shinigami-self if we're strict.

In which He's now :O
    The Sky is pouring
    The wind is blowing
    The sea looks red,
    a surging sea of flames
    looks like the entrance to hell
    'Perfect', the captain said.

New Reply