Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (8/11/14 - 8/17/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: One Piece 756 by cnet128 , Bleach 592 by cnet128

View Poll Results: Who wins?

Voters
110. You may not vote on this poll
  • Kenpachi

    36 32.73%
  • Shinji

    74 67.27%
Thread Closed
Page 17 of 17 FirstFirst ... 7 15 16 17
Results 241 to 251 of 251

Thread: Zaraki Kenpachi vs Hirako Shinji

  1. #241
    Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member Henry J. Gloval's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Belgrade
    Country
    Serbia
    Age
    27
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    223
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Zaraki Kenpachi vs Hirako Shinji

    Write his speed, Kido and ceros off, Shoot to kill.
    Flash steps mean nothing in up close swordplay, they are not competing in a race. Shinji needs speed in swinging his sword to match Ken, he has not shown anything amazing in that area. Ken can evade and parry catch weapons bare handed and tank hits easily.
    Shinji knows kido, yes. What has he shown, apart that burn he gave to Grim? Did he cast high level spells? Could any of his spells trap or harm a skilled opponent? He has shown none of this. So we can not make things up that kido will help him against Ken.
    Cero. His cero was able to break through a cero of a badly wounded Grimjow. Big deal. Ken stopped a stronger cero by Nnoitra with his bare hand just like that. Ceros vs Ken are a no go, not even Shinji's. He must get close and cut him down. Ken avoids a slash from Tousen under his bankai with just a small cut. Shinji barely avoids a slash from Tousen while seeing and hearing normally. The same Tousen who is by your judgement much weaker than Shinji. That is Shinji's best feat to prove his reflexes. Your conclusion is Shinji has EXCELLENT, and Ken has GOOD reflexes. How is that? Ken is better at this, imho.
    Power augmentation from mask which he never used with his shikai, nor in his battle with Aizen, a mask that he can keep on for about 3 mins max. Ken has a patch on his eye that he can keep off only for about forever, and was actually shown doing it, doing amazing feats of strenght and stamina as well. We might as well give Shinji the option of using bankai, since we know he has it, and as Kensei has shown wizards can use bankai. Lisa used shikai with mask on, Shinji can too, probably. Not that it would make any difference, Ken is stronger and more durable than him with or without his mask on.
    Sakanade this, Sakanade that. Why cant you admit that Ken beat Tousen with his eyes closed, same Tousen Shinji barely avoided with his senses intact? How can you say Shinji is better at base than Tousen, when Tousen cut a healthy Grimjow's arm off and burned it before it touched the ground, while Shinji did not land a cut on a half dead, one handed Grim? Tousen is good when he needs to hype Shinji up, but his performance is poor against Ken? Double standards, guys.
    Lastly, Shinji is superior in intellect, he would find a way to kill Ken. He did not show his intellect that much, mister "I can take on Aizen with just shikai, no mask" and I might explain in detail how my power works, Aizen is dumb to figure it out anyway... The same Shinji who in 100 years came up with nothing to fight Aizen with? That man is going to figure out how to beat Ken with his ceros and around Tousen level slashes that have little to no effect on Ken? Really? Stop dreaming, as freshseth said Ken has this in a bag.
    Ken wins this by 3:2 votes majority.
    Support Libya. Serbia is with you and your people, Colonel!

  2. #242
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Country
    United States
    Age
    31
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    1,704
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Zaraki Kenpachi vs Hirako Shinji

    Quote Originally Posted by ShootToKill View Post
    Hierro doesn't affect Nnoitra's cutting power, and we don't have any evidence about Nnoitra's physical strength being the highest.
    I didn't say Hierro affected cutting power. That was thrown in for measure as a reminder that Kenpachi was cutting through skin tougher than steel, a baseline for the cutting power of Kenpachi.

    Quote Originally Posted by ShootToKill View Post
    Nnoitra was pretty slow though - so his 6 arms made it a more level playing field in this sense. Kenpachi was being completely overwhelmed by Nnoitra's released form though, until he used "Kendo", which I believe trolled Nnoitra pretty badly.
    Overwhelmed? I don't think laughing and enjoying the fight was being overwhelmed. The only thing he said was that if he kept it up he would die because of the loss of blood. So he decided to end it. Which, in my eyes seems like he has limits beyond almost any captain. No captain has been slashed cut or beaten on the way Kenpachi has and still gone on enjoying the fight and then go on and win. Not even Komamura.

    Quote Originally Posted by ShootToKill View Post
    I've said this before. However previously you were saying Shinji's Shikai < Tousen's Bankai because it's a Bankai. I have said that neither of them augment base abilities, they work based on illusions / sensory deprivation, so if Shinji's base skills >> Tousen's, then Shinji's in Shikai will be more effective against Ken than Tousen's Bankai.
    Where did I say his shikai was less than Tosen's bankai? You never saw me say that. I said you can't say that a bankai is less than a shikai. I also said that you can't compare fooling one sense to completely canceling out every sense but touch.

    Quote Originally Posted by ShootToKill View Post
    Shinji has: Speed, The ability to perform Kido, The ability to shoot ceros, Power augmentation from his mask, and a Shikai which means Ken will have to fight with his eyes closed to have any chance of hitting him.
    Ken has: Durability, Good reactions (Although from dodging Tousen's attack Tousen's attack, Shinji has also proved to have excellent reactions).

    I believe Shinji has too many advantages and ways he could find to defeat Ken, especially if Ken has to fight with his eyes closed. As far as Ken's analytical skills go, I wouldn't call him stupid but I wouldn't say he has had to be especially analytical in his fights up to now either.
    I don't believe that. Shinji still got hit in the head. Tosen said he missed when he was going to lop off Shinji's head. That was SEALED Tosen as well. Not even Shikai Tosen (which had dozens of blades WHICH KENPACHI ATE) nor Bankai Tosen (which also lost to Kenpachi). And as brought out earlier, Kenpachi dodged attacks that he didn't even know were coming nor where, nor how. He moved as soon as the blade touched his skin. Shinji relies on much the same as Tosen. Now that I think about it- fooling senses is much less than canceling senses. If you were all of a sudden blind deaf and dumb, would you not consider that worse off than having your vision being mirrored? I donno about you but I look in the mirror and do things everyday.
    Last edited by freshseth83; March 20, 2011 at 03:43 PM.

  3. #243
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member El Samurai Guapo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    San Diego
    Country
    United States
    Age
    26
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    1,496
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Zaraki Kenpachi vs Hirako Shinji

    Quote Originally Posted by kkck View Post
    That is a big statement.... we don't know how much reiatsu the patch consumes so we really can't say for sure. Eyepatch kempachi was roughly equal to sealed nnoitora and removing the eyepatch was enough of a boost for kempachi to quite literally manhandle him.
    Any reason why you call him Kempachi? Actually eyepatched Kenpachi was already dominating Nniotora. It was only a matter of time before he released, all the removal of the patch did was speed things up really. Kenpachi didn't even take the patch off himself, it was accidentally removed by Nnoitora.

    Quote Quote:
    Upon resurreccion the tables changed which does show nnoitora had a reasonably powerful resurreccion.
    Yes, once Nnoitora released Kenpachi not wearing his patch made no difference, he wasn't able to land a single hit on Nnoitora other than the playing-dead cheap shot. In other words, resureccion is a far greater boost than Kenpachi taking his patch off, and I actually think Nnoitora's resureccion paled in comparison to most of the other espada.

    Also, as I recall, you're the very same person who has stated in the past that the mask boost was pretty much on the level of a resureccion.

    Quote Quote:
    Once kempachi added kendo to the equation the extra finesse made a huge difference and nnoitora was pawned. Along with the eyepatch boost we also have to consider the implications of the whole kendo thing. The fight with nnoitora basically told us that kempachi regularly does not use any form of finesse or technique with his sword. He is basically a very strong thug who at best swings his sword around like a maniac. Kempachi might as well be fighting as if he did not know how to fight. Even then, in spite of kempachi getting unnecessarily hurt and tiring himself, he is able to react and take people who fight from the very start with kendo or whatever other martial art they do use as equals. This is extremely significant as to the sheer amount of reiatsu kempachi has. Kendo isn't something kempachi has and others don't, it is something everyone uses out of sheer habit. Basically kempachi using kendo means he is doing what anyone with common sense would do. Kempachi, even with his eyepatch on, has an overwhelming amount of reiatsu to say the least.
    Yes, Kenpachi using kendo is a far more important boost than removing the eyepatch. Fighting one-handed and without any particular form is his biggest way of handicapping himself. That being said, he's going to have a hard time landing a direct hit with kendo because the consesus here seems to be that Kenpachi will just fight Shinji blindfolded and defeat him in a similar way he defeated Kaname. Against Kaname Kenpachi was unable to connect a serious hit without letting himself get impaled first (huge gamble considering Kaname could have nailed one of his internal organs and killed him). So let's say he did let himself get stabbed the way he did with Kaname, and grabbed a hold of Shinji with one arm, how's he gonna use kendo there?

    Quote Quote:
    In all likelyhood kempachi's reiatsu even with the eyepatch on is much higher than what a captain normally has considering he has match and even best captain level people while fighting in the worst possible manner.
    It's actually already a given that Kenpachi has monster reiatsu. He's like Ichigo in that he's always in constant-release. The problem? He has poor control of that reiatsu, and has his zanpakutous reiatsu also working against his.

    Quote Quote:
    As I see it, the eyepatch boost is a bit of an unknown quantity. The mask boost has shown to be considerable but we have to consider that people we have seen using it have used their power and technique efficiently from the start while in turn kempachi has been fighting like a maniac and doing everything he can to make himself weaker.
    Well, not exactly. Kenpachi holds back a lot when he fights, sure, but same goes for the vaizards. Kenpachi fighting with his sword is basically already his best form, so he had to find some other ways to limit is strength. Other character don't need to do that as they actually have their shikai and bankai transformations. All of the vaizards at this point have fought while withholding something, whether it be the latent effects of their shikai, their bankai, or bankai + mask. I also support the idea that the mask boost becomes far more significant with bankai since it seems to stack with the base power of their current form.

    Quote Quote:
    Kempachi's reiatsu might actually be large enough that removing the eyepatch does provide a greater boost than mask. I really can't imagine any of the vizards with a sealed sword one shooting any of the espada at all honestly.
    That's not a fair comparison though. Kenpachi can one-shot Nnoitora in his most perfect form, yes. Is being "sealed" a vaizard's most perfect form? No. And by the way, Kenpachi is in shikai, not sealed. If Love had gone bankai + mask and failed to one-shot Nnoitora, then we can say Kenpachi has superior reiatsu.

    Quote Quote:
    Heck, love with mask and shikai did not even kill starrk lol. To be completely honest, I don't think any of the captains or vizards could take on kempachi in melee, it comes down to their abilities.
    For starters, Love never connected Hifuki no Kozuchi on Starrk. Secondly, Starrk is leagues of above Nnoitora. Yes, including defense considering Nnoitora's reiatsu was FAR inferior to "LOL i kill hollows just by existing."

    Lastly, Love would lay the smackdown on Kenpachi. He's quicker, has far better range, can swing Tengumaru around extremely fast, and apparently also has latent fire abilities. To top it off he has a mask to vastly increase all of the above. Kenpachi would be f*cked. I can imagine him trying to grab Love and getting his arms torn off.
    Last edited by El Samurai Guapo; March 20, 2011 at 04:06 PM.

  4. Thanks 2 Member(s) thanked this post
  5. #244
    Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Austin
    Country
    United States
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    464
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Zaraki Kenpachi vs Hirako Shinji

    Quote Originally Posted by Henry J. Gloval View Post
    Write his speed, Kido and ceros off, Shoot to kill.
    Flash steps mean nothing in up close swordplay, they are not competing in a race. Shinji needs speed in swinging his sword to match Ken, he has not shown anything amazing in that area. Ken can evade and parry catch weapons bare handed and tank hits easily.
    I won't write any of these off. Ken will not be able to work his way around Shinji's Shikai, he'll have to close his eyes and rely on touch. If Shinji casts a Kido spell from a distance, what will Ken do? If he fires a cero, what will Ken do? For the latter, Ken will probably tank it, but this will give Shinji the opportunity to come in for a quick attack with his sword. Flash steps help Shinji inasmuch that he can rush in to attack Ken and quickly withdraw before Ken can hit him. This is where I believe Shinji's speed exceeding Tousen's will allow him to succeed here where Tousen failed.

    Quote Originally Posted by Henry J. Gloval View Post
    Shinji knows kido, yes. What has he shown, apart that burn he gave to Grim? Did he cast high level spells? Could any of his spells trap or harm a skilled opponent? He has shown none of this. So we can not make things up that kido will help him against Ken.
    Shinji has shown minimal Kido, it's true, but it's not too big an assumption to believe that as a (ex) Captain who isn't Kenpachi, he will know some binding Kido. Ken with his eyes closed will be a sitting duck, so I don't think it's too much of a stretch to think Shinji can use this to his advantage? Can I prove it? No, it's just a rational assumption. On the other hand, we KNOW Ken knows zero Kido.

    Quote Originally Posted by Henry J. Gloval View Post
    Cero. His cero was able to break through a cero of a badly wounded Grimjow. Big deal. Ken stopped a stronger cero by Nnoitra with his bare hand just like that. Ceros vs Ken are a no go, not even Shinji's. He must get close and cut him down. Ken avoids a slash from Tousen under his bankai with just a small cut. Shinji barely avoids a slash from Tousen while seeing and hearing normally. The same Tousen who is by your judgement much weaker than Shinji. That is Shinji's best feat to prove his reflexes. Your conclusion is Shinji has EXCELLENT, and Ken has GOOD reflexes. How is that? Ken is better at this, imho.
    I haven't ever said his cero will do serious damage to Kenpachi, but it will stall him for a while, and act to buy Shinji some time if nothing else. I was saying that they both had feats relating to reflexes - when Ken dodged Tousen he didn't have his sight but knew Tousen was coming. Shinji didn't. A sneak attack from even a weaker Captain like Tousen still isn't easy to dodge. However, Ken's reflexes are probably better than Shinji's, I'll admit this. With regard to the bold, you are being too pedantic, I have used the words good and excellent interchangeably.

    Quote Originally Posted by Henry J. Gloval View Post
    Power augmentation from mask which he never used with his shikai, nor in his battle with Aizen, a mask that he can keep on for about 3 mins max. Ken has a patch on his eye that he can keep off only for about forever, and was actually shown doing it, doing amazing feats of strenght and stamina as well. We might as well give Shinji the option of using bankai, since we know he has it, and as Kensei has shown wizards can use bankai. Lisa used shikai with mask on, Shinji can too, probably. Not that it would make any difference, Ken is stronger and more durable than him with or without his mask on.
    Sakanade this, Sakanade that. Why cant you admit that Ken beat Tousen with his eyes closed, same Tousen Shinji barely avoided with his senses intact? How can you say Shinji is better at base than Tousen, when Tousen cut a healthy Grimjow's arm off and burned it before it touched the ground, while Shinji did not land a cut on a half dead, one handed Grim? Tousen is good when he needs to hype Shinji up, but his performance is poor against Ken? Double standards, guys.
    Imo he will only need 3 minutes to finish Ken. Even without his mask I'm still sure he could take him, just saying the mask provides even more power and speed. Ken's power increase from the eyepach removal doesn't matter if he can't hit Shinji. I don't really get the bold - are you saying we don't know enough about the mask to allow it to be used in the tournament?

    Why can't I admit that Ken beat Tousen with his eyes closed? I don't believe I have ever claimed Ken didn't beat Tousen with his eyes closed. I don't see how Tousen sneaking up on Grimmjow makes him as good as or better than Shinji - all this shows is that Shinji has better reflexes than Grimmjow. Shinji's seniority, leadership of the Vizards, mask power and speed augmentation, and speed feats are some indications that he is a more powerful combatant than Tousen. As I've said before, it's pretty clear Shinji was not trying to kill Grimmjow in their skirmish - he was probably there just to show the Espada which side the Vizards were on.

    Quote Originally Posted by Henry J. Gloval View Post
    Lastly, Shinji is superior in intellect, he would find a way to kill Ken. He did not show his intellect that much, mister "I can take on Aizen with just shikai, no mask" and I might explain in detail how my power works, Aizen is dumb to figure it out anyway... The same Shinji who in 100 years came up with nothing to fight Aizen with? That man is going to figure out how to beat Ken with his ceros and around Tousen level slashes that have little to no effect on Ken? Really?
    Aizen is an extremely rare case, I don't believe there is another Captain in the Gotei 13 who could fight effectively against Sakanade. Arguments against people due to their performance against Aizen aren't really arguments - basically everyone failed against Aizen, the power of KS is not to be taken lightly. As I said before, I think Shinji's slashes are well above Tousen's, especially with his mask. I don't understand where all the "Shinji's slashes are too weak to hurt Ken" arguments from.

    Quote Originally Posted by Henry J. Gloval View Post
    Ken wins this by 3:2 votes majority
    You're probably right about this, there are a lot of Kenpachi fanboys out there

  6. Thanks 2 Member(s) thanked this post
  7. #245
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member El Samurai Guapo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    San Diego
    Country
    United States
    Age
    26
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    1,496
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Zaraki Kenpachi vs Hirako Shinji

    I don't understand why lack of feats (for obvious plot reasons) means we should automatically assume the worst for Shinji. He's on par with ones of the weakest captains power wise...just because? That's no more a valid of an assumption than for me to say he has more raw power than Komamura.

  8. Thanks 2 Member(s) thanked this post
  9. #246
    Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member Henry J. Gloval's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Belgrade
    Country
    Serbia
    Age
    27
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    223
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Zaraki Kenpachi vs Hirako Shinji

    Shoot to kill, why do you refuse to go by the manga? Shinji has not shown any high level kido, but he can use it in the tournament? Why?! Byakuya has shown more than him, but you do not see people claiming he could use above 80 level hado spells, though he probably can, he used Danku, has great knowledge of kido. Do not make things up. I for an example do not claim that Ken would instantly grab Shinji's blade in the begging of their fight and OHKO him by poking him in the head like he tried with Nnoitra? I, as many other refrain ourselves from claiming something like this that is shown and can be easily used by Ken, but you allow Shinji things he has not even shown. Like high level kido and shikai+mask. Might as well give him Bankai to use, he has it for sure, he just has not shown it. Rules of the Tournament are clear, I suggest you read them.
    And no one said Shinji cannot cut Ken, we claim that Ken has the ability to dodge them like he did with Tousen. Prove us wrong. Show us the amazing and godly cutting power and sword proves from Shinji that surpasses Tousens by a land slide, and I will stand corrected. Until then, I stand by my point.
    Do not bring up the "everyone failed against Aizen" argument in order to justify his stupid behaviour. Shinji was cocky and underestimated Aizen in a way no one else did. The other captains ganged up on him in FKT, Yama tanked his blow in order to strike him, Urahara made a kido seal that did him in. No one in FKT rushed in with leisure at Aizen he has shown. Stupid.


    Stupid for Shinji, I'm not calling you stupid. Typo
    Last edited by Henry J. Gloval; March 20, 2011 at 04:38 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    Support Libya. Serbia is with you and your people, Colonel!

  10. #247
    Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Austin
    Country
    United States
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    464
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Zaraki Kenpachi vs Hirako Shinji

    Quote Originally Posted by freshseth83 View Post
    I didn't say Hierro affected cutting power. That was thrown in for measure as a reminder that Kenpachi was cutting through skin tougher than steel, a baseline for the cutting power of Kenpachi.
    Kenpachi has high cutting power, I've acknowledged this - I just don't think it will help him if he can't hit Shinji - which I don't believe he will if Shinji uses Sakanade since he will be forced to fight with his eyes closed, and Shinji can used his superior speed and ranged attacks to his advantage.

    Quote Originally Posted by freshseth83 View Post
    Overwhelmed? I don't think laughing and enjoying the fight was being overwhelmed. The only thing he said was that if he kept it up he would die because of the loss of blood. So he decided to end it. Which, in my eyes seems like he has limits beyond almost any captain. No captain has been slashed cut or beaten on the way Kenpachi has and still gone on enjoying the fight and then go on and win. Not even Komamura.
    He was being overwhelmed - however being Kenpachi, it still didn't bother him too much. The man lives for fighting, and has an immense pain threshold so even if he is being seriously wounded he won't appear disheartened because of it. I haven't ever called his durability into question.

    Quote Originally Posted by freshseth83 View Post
    Where did I say his shikai was less than Tosen's bankai? You never saw me say that. I said you can't say that a bankai is less than a shikai. I also said that you can't compare fooling one sense to completely canceling out every sense but touch.
    How about say... Yama's Shikai vs Renji's Bankai? Pretty sure you'd agree in this case Shikai > Bankai. But this isn't my argument. I'm saying Shinji's Shikai is just as effective against Kenpachi as Tousen's Bankai, if not more so, since both will require Kenpachi to be without sight for the battle to have a hope of landing a hit, but unlike in the Tousen situation where it's forced on him, Kenpachi will have the option of keeping his eyes open and trying to fight Shinji while he is affected by Sakanade's power, which will not go well for him. As for other senses - smell and taste aren't going to work in a fight, and hearing is going to be a minimal benefit as well, certainly not enough to allow him to react in time. Kenpachi's best bet is to just use touch, as with Tousen's Bankai

    Quote Originally Posted by freshseth83 View Post
    I don't believe that. Shinji still got hit in the head. Tosen said he missed when he was going to lop off Shinji's head. That was SEALED Tosen as well. Not even Shikai Tosen (which had dozens of blades WHICH KENPACHI ATE) nor Bankai Tosen (which also lost to Kenpachi). And as brought out earlier, Kenpachi dodged attacks that he didn't even know were coming nor where, nor how. He moved as soon as the blade touched his skin. Shinji relies on much the same as Tosen. Now that I think about it- fooling senses is much less than canceling senses. If you were all of a sudden blind deaf and dumb, would you not consider that worse off than having your vision being mirrored? I donno about you but I look in the mirror and do things everyday.
    The fact that Tousen was sealed makes no difference regarding his speed or power. It was an unexpected attack and Shinji managed to avoid it, at least Kenpachi was expecting his and was on guard, even if he couldn't see Tousen. I'm not saying Shinji could tank Tousen's Shikai or even deal with Kenpachi's Bankai the way Kenpachi did, but he doesn't need to since he isn't fighting Tousen. For most people, Tousen's Bankai would be more of a disadvantage than Shinji's Shikai, but for Ken, who will have to rely on his sense of touch either way, I don't believe it would be.

  11. Thanks 2 Member(s) thanked this post
  12. #248
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Takahashi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Country
    Canada
    Age
    24
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    2,050
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Zaraki Kenpachi vs Hirako Shinji

    Quote Originally Posted by El Samurai Guapo View Post
    I don't understand why lack of feats (for obvious plot reasons) means we should automatically assume the worst for Shinji. He's on par with ones of the weakest captains power wise...just because? That's no more a valid of an assumption than for me to say he has more raw power than Komamura.
    No one has more raw power than Komamura! Ruff! <--closest thing to a Komamura emoticon....

    Ahem*

    I think the comparison comes simply from the similarity in their abilities, so naturally people are going to make the connection, even if Tousen without Vaizard powers is unbelievable garbage.

  13. #249
    Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Country
    United States
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    69
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Zaraki Kenpachi vs Hirako Shinji

    I think I'm going to have to go with Kenpachi on this one. I believe with eyepatch on, he could beat unreleased Shinji. No problem. He'd tank any ranged attacks and the moment Shinji tries to speedblitz him, Kenpachi will wreck him in CQC because that's Kenpachi's *specialty*. Shinji got hit about as badly by Tousen with all of his senses as Kenpachi did (albeit after some thinking) with NONE.
    However, this fight isn't between Unreleased Unmasked Shinji vs. Patched Kenpachi. So, I'm just going to count Sakanade as blinding Kenpachi. I'm going to trust his lack of eyepatch to increase his tanking levels comparably to Shinji's attacking levels. Now, I believe that would afford Kenpachi the reaction time (the time it would take for Shinji's blade to cut Kenpachi) enough time to counter attack, particularly with enough power to maim Shinji. Especially if Shinji's mask breaks or runs out of time. I think Shinji is fantastic and versatile, but Kenpachi, unfortunately, has a very specific set of feats that allow him to match up to Sakanade.

  14. #250
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Jackk's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Yoruichi
    Country
    United States
    Age
    24
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    791
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Zaraki Kenpachi vs Hirako Shinji

    I don't really find Kenpachi's reflex feat against SS Tousen to be better than Shinji's reflex feat against FKT Tousen to any significant degree. To be honest, I'm actually more impressed with Shinji's feat. Let me elaborate.

    First of all, I want to reiterate that I still hold that Tousen could have killed Kenpachi had Tousen gone for the head or had he stabbed Kenpachi's vital areas rather than messing around like an idiot. Anyway, Tousen gave Kenpachi time to think; Tousen wasn't attacking quickly enough from different directions. And Kenpachi still took 3 cuts from Tousen, then Kenpachi needed to get stabbed by him so that he could grab Tousen's sword. Also even when Kenpachi was finally able to come up with a counter, Kenpachi still needed to allow himself to be hit by Tousen's sword (Kenpachi just prevented the sword from cutting in deeply) and then grabbed Tousen. The final and most important point I'm getting into now though is the fact the Kenpachi was actually expecting Tousen! Kenpachi knew that Tousen was coming, thus he was prepared.

    Now, let's look at Shinji's feat against Tousen-

    Shinji was actually focused on striking Aizen, and Tousen (who was standing somewhat nearby Aizen) tried to pull a cheap shot and cut Shinji's head off. Seriously, Shinji actually dodged an attack that was half an inch away from his head that he didn't even expect. I mean, you can see it here: http://manga.bleachexile.com/bleach-...80-page-3.html Tousen's sword was literally half an inch away from Shinji's head before he began to dodge.

    Shinji might have seen part of the swing coming a split-second earlier, but the problem is Shinji himself was moving forward/downwards (toward Aizen). In other words, Shinji had to stop and then bend backwards to avoid Tousen's blade (which Shinji didn't fully avoid; he still got cut). Doesn't change the fact that Tousen's sword was already cutting through his hair before Shinji bent backward and dodged. Also, notice the speed at which Tousen's blade was traveling here: http://manga.bleachexile.com/bleach-...80-page-4.html ...Yet Shinji's insane reflexes still allowed him to keep his head.

    Basically, Kenpachi was cut several times, he KNEW that Tousen was coming and he still needed to get hit by Tousen's blade. Further, Kenpachi was also simply standing there waiting for Tousen; Kenpachi was not bending forward/downwards attacking somebody else. Now, Shinji was NOT expecting Tousen at all, Shinji was not only charging at Aizen but also moving forward/downwards towards Aizen before he even began to dodge Tousen's blade. Shinji actually needed to bend backwards quickly and dodge to save his head. That's an insane reaction, reflex, and speed feat. And I believe that the fact that Shinji was able to dodge that in such a way does indicate that Shinji is faster and has better base skills than Tousen, otherwise Shinji would have lost his head.


  15. Thanks 2 Member(s) thanked this post
  16. #251
    MH Senpai MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Country
    United States
    Posts
    6,239
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Zaraki Kenpachi vs Hirako Shinji

    Shinji's victory is no illusion! He shall advance on into the Quarter-finals. Discuss the result of this match and all others in the Tournament Discussion thread.

    Stay tuned for more details!

Thread Closed
Page 17 of 17 FirstFirst ... 7 15 16 17

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts