Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (7/21/14 - 7/27/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: One Piece 754 by cnet128 , Bleach 590 by cnet128 , Gintama 504 by Bomber D Rufi

View Poll Results: Who wins?

Voters
101. You may not vote on this poll
  • Ichigo

69 68.32%
  • Yammy

32 31.68%
Thread Closed
Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread: Kurosaki Ichigo vs Yammy Llargo

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Kurosaki Ichigo vs Yammy Llargo

Quote Originally Posted by Buzz Killington View Post
    I'm a Yammy fan, and I could show you a TON of other Yammy fans too. He isn't without fans

Thing is, I'm not biased enough to vote based on such a reason. I do believe Ichigo wins this, if it is the latest version of Ichigo Pre-Dangai training (Fully Healed FKT Ichigo, Twice the reiatsu of a Captain)

Yammy does have the 2nd strongest Hierro in the Espada, however, Ichigo was capable of cutting him with his Getsuga when he was only at half strength, so he isn't immune to Ichigo damaging him

If Ichigo can find an opening, I'd say he's more than capable of ending this fight
    Just out of interest, where do you get twice the Reiatsu of a Captain from? (I'm not denying you're right, I just don't know when it was mentioned)

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member Buzz Killington's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ShootToKill View Post
    Just out of interest, where do you get twice the Reiatsu of a Captain from? (I'm not denying you're right, I just don't know when it was mentioned)
    From when they were on their way to Karakura, just click here and here, and Unohana recovers it fully

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Ah yes I remember now, thanks. However, Reiatsu seems to vary quite a lot amongst the Captains. I doubt Ichigo's Reiatsu is say... twice Byakuya's or Kenpachi's (a captain known for his immense Reiatsu).

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Kenpachi literally has bankai level reiatsu. Which is insane. Ichigo did indeed edge ahead of him in their fight though, but for some asinine reason he's absolutely garbage at utilizing it. See his GT on Yammi. I don't care if he was half strength, boosted by both mask and his pressure compressing bankai he should be far above goddamn patched Kenpachi. And he barely knicks the dude, while Kenpachi Casually swipes off entire appendages. What the hell Kubo?!

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Well, you have to remember Kenpachi had just got through fighting the Espada with the toughest hierro, so Yammy, having 2nd best, wouldn't be much of a problem. If you want to see how tough Yammy's hierro is, take a look at what Senbonzakura did to his face as compared to what Kenpachi did to his jaw/chin area

Ichigo's cutting power has never been that great, it obviously improved given how he was able to do more to Yammy at Half Power, so I'd say at Full Power if he can find an opening he should be able to inflict heavy damage or take Yammy down with a Getsuga like this

If it doesn't take him down (Probably won't), then he can rinse and repeat

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Ichigo's signature used to be cutting through his enemies swords. And those are literally the hardest thing in this manga. I mean his cutting strength was amazing back in the SS arc. Now it's complete trash, he's barely getting through even sealed espada with far less impressive Hierro's without pulling an uber form out of his ass.

7. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Well he could do some damage when he donned his mask to sealed Ulq, but yeah...

Just not quite Kenpachi level

As for SS, yeah, Ichigo IMO was at his strongest point (Pre-FKT) in SS Arc, the HM Arc was him re-accessing this power, and it culminated with him reaching a new plateau of power before going all haxx mode , he's one inconsistent dude

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Buzz Killington View Post
    As for SS, yeah, Ichigo IMO was at his strongest point (Pre-FKT) in SS Arc, the HM Arc was him re-accessing this power, and it culminated with him reaching a new plateau of power before going all haxx mode , he's one inconsistent dude
    I disagree with this, but I don't want to bring up the first part because of the blatant Espada/Captain hype and brutal Ad Nauseum debate this is going to cause.

But I heard you suggested that he reached a plateau of power? Definitely not true

Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted TheChosenOne's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Kinda confused about the restrictions for the fight. Which form of Ichigo appears in this fight against Yammy ? Is it solely his Mask Forms or can we consider his Hollow Forms as well ?

P.S. Don't understand why the OP (Mods) don't state out the restrictions in the post.

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member Tonix's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Ichigo will need his mask to actually do any real damage to Yammy, and as shown in his short bought with Yammy, and his fight with Gin, his mask doesn't last very long at all. So I think Yammy takes this, Ichigo should have never beaten Starrk anyway.

12. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    MH Senpai MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by TheChosenOne View Post
    Kinda confused about the restrictions for the fight. Which form of Ichigo appears in this fight against Yammy ? Is it solely his Mask Forms or can we consider his Hollow Forms as well ?

P.S. Don't understand why the OP (Mods) don't state out the restrictions in the post.
    Ichigo has access to whatever he has before he entered his training session with his father in the Dangai. This means he can use his mask and his hollow. (In regards to his hollow, as long as you can explain a situation in which his hollow form would take him over, it is fair game.)

We don't place these individual character restrictions in the opening of each thread. They are mentioned in the Tournament Rules thread under Character Specific Rules.

14. Thanks 2 Member(s) thanked this post
    MangaHelper 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
    Country
    Mariejoa
    Post Thanks / Like

There are different options in this fight. Actually if Ichigo manages yto take down Yammy quickly before he releases he can easily win this fight. In his Bankai he is damn fast. He was even faster than Byakuya and Ichigo really was fast enough to slice Yammi's hand and if we asume that all the fights in this Tournament people start at their full resolve, hence we can asume that Ichi will try to end this fight quickly.

Also it really is strange for me that people bring Ichi in the fight against Ulquiorra or even before, when Orihime was kidnapped by Starrk. It wasn't the same Ichi that fought Yammi! Ichi's mask changed and became stronger, also he gained twice upgrade in Reiatsu after the fight with Ulquiorra. When he was fighting Yammi he was holding back, becuse Rukia was close and also he had less than a half of his Reiatsu and he wasn't acustomed to his new mask, but we asume that it is FKT Ichigo who will fight Yammi and he got pretty well with his mask to actually cut Aizen really great. I'd say without Hougioku Aizen might have lost after such a wound.
    So it isn't that obvious who will win this fight if Ichi is full resolved and without manga's drama. I actually see |Ichigo having problems with Yammy in R2, but still Ichi really might have taken Yammy while he is in sealed form and in his sealed for he is the weakest among the Espada.

16. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member Henry J. Gloval's Avatar
    Country
    Serbia
    Post Thanks / Like

Since Ichigo has access to his full Hollow form, Yami doesn't stand a chance.
    In the worst case scenario, Yammi releases and weakens/wounds/ Ichigo like R2 Ulq did. But then, since Ichigo is so weak Hollow takes over in the form of Ichigonataor and just stomps Yammi. Ichigo needs not to have a hole in his chest for his hollow to take over, evidenced in the Byakuya fight, Vaizard training, and by the fact that while in Dangai, Hollow Ichigo had only the Ichigonator mask, no hole in his chest. Face it, Hichigo takes over in order to save Ichigo, for they are the same. Ichigo dies, he dies too. The reason why Ichigonator had a hole is that Ulq made it. Why would Hichigo when taking over him manifest something he himself does not possess? So, Ichigo cannot lose this fight, or any other, if his final hollow form, known as Ichigonator is not defeated by his opponent. Which makes him a formidable challenge, does it not? You must do away with shikai, bankai and mask Ichigo, but even if you blow a hole though him, cut his arm off, break his leg, the real badass Hollow version of him will rise and pwn you. And that is a fact.
    The only question is, can Ichigo and Ichigonator be considered one and the same? If Ulq did not break his horns and mask, Ichigonator would have never reverted to Ichigo probably. It is one thing for Ichigo to be able to crack his mask during Byakuya fight, but for him to find enough power to suppress evolved Hichigo is unlikely, evidenced by his performance in the Dangai training, when he was getting his ass kicked.
    Long story short, Ichigo wins even if Yammi somehow beats his bankai plus mask form.
    Support Libya. Serbia is with you and your people, Colonel!

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Please do not turn this battle into an emotional debate, example: "Ichigo needs to lose here because he should not have won the last round".

Forget what had happened. This is a new round. Yammy vs. Ichigo.

As for my prediction:

Ichigo is too fast for the likes of Yammy, hence, Ichigo will just slice and dice his legs/arms, etc. An injured sealed Kenpachi was able to do so without any effort.

19. Thanks 2 Member(s) thanked this post
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

If we go by that, Yoruichi should have been too fast for Yammy, yet she hurt herself. Then Ichigo after being upgraded with a new mask, sliced Yammy's neck and left a 'nick'. Ishida should have wasted Yammi if we go by the logic that is stated here. But that didn't happen either. He wasn't released then was he? Not only that but he just got pissed off. When he DID release, in only his FIRST STAGE yet he still claimed that he was stronger than any of the espada that Ichigo had faced. Not only did Ichigo pretty much get wasted, but so did Ishida, Chad and Rukia. How is Ichigo going to win without a prayer? That full hollow form of Ichigo to me was a one-off. I think it was mostly Orihime that brought him out. After all it was "protect her, protect her, protect her"; wasn't it?

Thread Closed
Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast