Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (10/13/14 - 10/19/14).
Forum News: The nomination phase of the Community Awards 2014 is live! Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Bleach 601 by BadKarma , Gintama 515 (2)

View Poll Results: Who wins?

Voters
77. You may not vote on this poll
  • Team Aqua Beauty

61 79.22%
  • Team Test Tube Symphonics

16 20.78%
Thread Closed
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: Team Aqua Beauty vs Team Test Tube Symphonics

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Team Aqua Beauty vs Team Test Tube Symphonics

Izayoi Bara didn't get rid of the wolves, they reformed and came back. It is an impressive attack, but it didn't work against the wolves. I wonder what it would do to another opponent. But it's hard to gauge.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member El Samurai Guapo's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by freshseth83 View Post
    The anime drew what happened.
    No, the anime portrayed them getting blown up and falling down onto a building. This was never shown in the manga. Love and Rose emerged from the smoke still standing in the air. They did not get knocked out of the sky like you original claimed.

Quote Quote:
    I didn't say they weren't in the sky anymore,
    Really?

Quote Originally Posted by freshseth83
    http://manga.bleachexile.com/bleach-...6-page-16.html In the sky getting caught in the explosion.

http://manga.bleachexile.com/bleach-...6-page-17.html not in the sky any longer- they obviously got knocked out the sky- unless you think they floated down lol.
    Another lie.

Quote Quote:
    they did get knocked out the sky where they were at though. This is obvious when Starrk floats down. There'd be no reason to float down if they didn't in some way fall.
    It's not obvious at all, Starrk chose to land on the pillar for some unknown reason, but Love and Rose were never shown to get knocked down. That's a fact.

Quote Quote:
    http://read.mangashare.com/Bleach/ch...5/page014.html This is from the same site you linked to earlier. But you look at the bottom panel, you'll see Love shunpo behind Shunsui. He obviously wasn't in the same position anymore after Starrk hit him and Rose with the wolves.
    What is this, I don't even.

So what? This was already some time after Love & Rose got blown up and were last seen. What does it matter if they were still in the same position or not by that point. The point is you were wrong, and had the anime in mind when you made this comment:

Quote Originally Posted by freshseth83
    After the second explosion Rose and Love fell out the sky.
    Jesus could you stop trying to defend an obvious blunder you made and for once admit you made a mistake?
    Watch, I'm sure ShootToKill will realize and admit he was wrong about the Bushogoma thing and move on. That's too much to expect from you though apparently.

Quote Originally Posted by ShootToKill View Post
    I'm not sure how powerful Izayoi Bara is - it destroyed all the wolves within a pretty large radius, but Shunsui's Bushogoma, which is essentially a technique for disorienting the opponent, also took care of Starrk's wolves without a problem. So going just on this, I can't be sure that it has what it takes to do serious damage to Hallibel.
    That was also in the anime only. The anime REALLY screwed up the fight with Starrk.
    Last edited by El Samurai Guapo; March 19, 2011 at 02:10 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

3. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by El Samurai Guapo View Post
    No, the anime portrayed them getting blown up and falling down onto a building. This was never shown in the manga. Love and Rose emerged from the smoke still standing in the air. They did not get knocked out of the sky like you original claimed.

Really?

Another lie.

It's not obvious at all, Starrk chose to land on the pillar for some unknown reason, but Love and Rose where never shown to get knocked down. That's a fact.

What is this, I don't even.

So what? This was already some time after Love & Rose got blown up and were last seen. What does it matter if they were still in the same position or not by that point. The point is you were wrong, and had the anime in mind when you made this comment:

Jesus could you stop trying to defend an obvious blunder you made and for once admit you made a mistake?
    <hr noshade size="1">

That was also in the anime only. The anime REALLY screwed up the fight with Starrk.
    Another typical post from my MH post critic.

"They fell out the sky" is just that. They fell. I didn't say "They got slammed to the ground"

The point is you read so much into whatever I post, it's like you have to respond to everything I write! Why don't you just back off and read the pages again. You clearly see Starrk look down on them. Then he goes and lands on a LOWER area and says here comes the death blow. The facts are, they got blown out the sky where they were at. Like I said. I don't have to go into details about where they were, or how far they ended up going. They were trying to escape, obviously moving. So getting blown up by the wolves, they fell out the sky. There's nothing more to read into it. I never said they couldn't hold their footing 'floating' in the air. Maybe if you stopped looking for mistakes and things to get at me about, you would notice that I never said anything along the lines of what you're implying.

I know it's hard for you to take what I say seriously, but that's ok. I can forgive you for attacking my every post. It must be a bore though, having to have a reply for every little thing I say. Just because they were running and could have moved to an area that was higher up than where they ended up, that means they could have gotten blow out the sky. Fell! I can jump and if I get hit in mid air, that's me falling out the sky. Nothing more, nothing less.
    Last edited by freshseth83; March 19, 2011 at 02:09 AM.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Jackk's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

The anime drew what happened.
    Factually incorrect.

I didn't say they weren't in the sky anymore, they did get knocked out the sky where they were at though.
    Factually incorrect, and a blatant contradiction to your previous statement. This is the fourth time you contradict yourself between this thread and the other one. Seriously...it's obvious that you're just trying to save face now.

This is obvious when Starrk floats down. There'd be no reason to float down if they didn't in some way fall.
    Logical fallacy.

The point is Starrk was too much for both of them. So how is it that only one of them could Stand up to Hallibel?
    Completely missed the point.

http://read.mangashare.com/Bleach/ch...5/page014.html This is from the same site you linked to earlier. But you look at the bottom panel, you'll see Love shunpo behind Shunsui. He obviously wasn't in the same position anymore after Starrk hit him and Rose with the wolves.
    That does not prove that Rose and Love fell out the sky from the second explosion--which was what you had claimed. Heck you outright claimed that they were no longer in the sky.

See this:

Izayoi Bara didn't get rid of the wolves, they reformed and came back.
    Rose's Izayoi Bara actually annihilated the wolves that were on the sky; there were more that sneaked on them from behind though.

Quote Originally Posted by ShootToKill
    I'm not sure how powerful Izayoi Bara is - it destroyed all the wolves within a pretty large radius, but Shunsui's Bushogoma, which is essentially a technique for disorienting the opponent, also took care of Starrk's wolves without a problem.
    Shunsui never faced Stark's wolves in the manga.

6. Thanks 2 Member(s) thanked this post
    Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Ah ok, I assumed that it would have been in the manga, since quite a point seemed to have been made of it in the anime. My mistake

I still stand by the belief that Izayoi Bara is ideal for dealing with large quantities of "weaker" entities rather than a single strong enemy. Also, not trying to get too caught up in physics, but if Gin's Bankai can move anywhere close to Mach 500 and Izayoi Bara, being a sound based attack, would be Mach 1, I would think Hallibel could Sonido out of the way of it pretty easily if Ichigo can almost dodge Gin's Bankai.

8. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Ah ok, I assumed that it would have been in the manga, since quite a point seemed to have been made of it in the anime. My mistake
    No worries.

I still stand by the belief that Izayoi Bara is ideal for dealing with large quantities of "weaker" entities rather than a single strong enemy. Also, not trying to get too caught up in physics, but if Gin's Bankai can move anywhere close to Mach 500 and Izayoi Bara, being a sound based attack, would be Mach 1, I would think Hallibel could Sonido out of the way of it pretty easily if Ichigo can almost dodge Gin's Bankai.
    Hard to say. I actually think Rose's whip moved pretty darn fast, but we have really no way of knowing how fast exactly. It just comes down to opinion in the end. Besides, I'm one of those who believes that Gin was going easy on Ichigo.

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Another typical post from my MH post critic.

"They fell out the sky" is just that. They fell. I didn't say "They got slammed to the ground"

The point is you read so much into whatever I post, it's like you have to respond to everything I write! Why don't you just back off and read the pages again. You clearly see Starrk look down on them. Then he goes and lands on a LOWER area and says here comes the death blow. The facts are, they got blown out the sky where they were at. Like I said. I don't have to go into details about where they were, or how far they ended up going. They were trying to escape, obviously moving. So getting blown up by the wolves, they fell out the sky. There's nothing more to read into it. I never said they couldn't hold their footing 'floating' in the air. Maybe if you stopped looking for mistakes and things to get at me about, you would notice that I never said anything along the lines of what you're implying.

I know it's hard for you to take what I say seriously, but that's ok. I can forgive you for attacking my every post. It must be a bore though, having to have a reply for every little thing I say. Just because they were running and could have moved to an area that was higher up than where they ended up, that means they could have gotten blow out the sky. Fell! I can jump and if I get hit in mid air, that's me falling out the sky. Nothing more, nothing less.
    Going to quote myself for 'Guapo's backup QB'.

First line there, Jacck- "They fell out the sky" is just that. They fell. I didn't say "They got slammed to the ground"

Another line for you, Jacck- You clearly see Starrk look down on them. Then he goes and lands on a LOWER area and says here comes the death blow. The facts are, they got blown out the sky where they were at.

Here's one more, Jacck- They were trying to escape, obviously moving. So getting blown up by the wolves, they fell out the sky. There's nothing more to read into it. I never said they couldn't hold their footing 'floating' in the air.

Just in case you missed this part, Jacck- Just because they were running and could have moved to an area that was higher up than where they ended up, that means they could have gotten blow out the sky. Fell! I can jump and if I get hit in mid air, that's me falling out the sky.

Also, when I stated it was drawn in the anime what happened, I was answering YOUR question about how the anime showed that. Or do you not remember this statement?- Quote: El Samurai Guapo- That bs was from the anime. What bs? Rose and Love falling from the sky? I actually don't even remember that, but I guess it must have been in the anime because it certainly wasn't in the manga lol...

See what happens when you read into things too much? You try to point the finger when there's nothing to point at. I'm well aware of how you and Guapo view my posts. It's fine. Like I told him though, it must be a bore to have a reply to my every post. Maybe to you its not. It sure seems like you get a kick out of trying to find faults in things I post. So sad.
    Last edited by freshseth83; March 19, 2011 at 02:38 AM.

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Jackk View Post
    Hard to say. I actually think Rose's whip moved pretty darn fast, but we have really no way of knowing how fast exactly. It just comes down to opinion in the end. Besides, I'm one of those who believes that Gin was going easy on Ichigo.
    Totally agree about Gin going easy on Ichigo, but I think his going easy was more in the sense of giving Ichigo the heads up every time he was about to attack, I don't think he was actually slowing his Bankai down (I'm not sure whether he can slow it down).

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Going to quote myself for 'Guapo's backup QB'.

First line there, Jacck- "They fell out the sky" is just that. They fell. I didn't say "They got slammed to the ground"
    Stop contradicting yourself and stop making stuff up.

Here's what you really said:

http://manga.bleachexile.com/bleach-...6-page-16.html In the sky getting caught in the explosion.

http://manga.bleachexile.com/bleach-...6-page-17.html not in the sky any longer- they obviously got knocked out the sky- unless you think they floated down.

Need more proof?

http://manga.bleachexile.com/bleach-...6-page-18.html Where are they at there? Still 'floating'? If so, why is Starrk floating down?
    You said it right there in the bold and underlined text. You claimed that they were "not in the sky any longer" !

And we showed you that you were wrong; they were STILL in mid air--which is still in the sky. Then you started saying that you never stated that they were no longer in the sky. Seriously, Stop contradicting yourself. And stop lying.

13. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Still grabbing for anything you can get?

I gave you an example of being "in the sky". That's in the air, or flying, or jumping. They were beaten up bad enough that they weren't flying, or jumping, or escaping any longer. That's why you see them kneeling. Which is the link I gave. Did you not get that? Regardless of where they were at, they were beaten up and fell out the sky. If you don't read the manga over and over like I do, I can see how you could miss that. But for someone who swears they know everything, you sure do miss a lot.

Like usual, the dynamic duo taking people's comments out of context. Reading in between the lines. Taking things too literally. I can't say it wasn't expected though. You two are my biggest fans!

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Sevenheadedmirror's Avatar
    Country
    Mexico
    Post Thanks / Like

I never believed AA was 9 and I also guess neither did Kubo, that's why he gave him a weak point. Let's be realistic here, this guy had what did he said? 10,000 or something hollows and absorbe their direct power? that means if this guy weren't in the sun he could use both Yammi's and Stark's more fancy powers (a humongous cero or fifthy of them at top speed).

But I don't know what to do. If the fight is anywhere but hollow world (no sun save Aizen's titanic colloseum with a fake sun) Rose will have to deal with two people. Yumichika he can take easily (he kinda depends on an opponent not being able to fly, do shunpo or be stupid enough to remain close to him when the tentacles go for him.) but shark girl will remain to limit his movements kind of sucks to be him.

So.. where's the fight?
    Last edited by Sevenheadedmirror; March 20, 2011 at 02:05 PM.
    To in infer something and pose it as implied in the source is to justify something.
    The justification that an arc or a story sucks because the author is as tired as us from it can't apply since it's the author's fault it sucks to begin with.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Takahashi's Avatar
    Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Sevenheadedmirror View Post
    I never believed AA was 9 and I also guess neither did Kubo, that's why he gave him a weak point. Let's be realistic here, this guy had what did he said? 10,000 or something hollows? that means if this guy weren't in the sun he could use both Yammi's and Stark's more fancy powers (a humongous cero or fifthy of them at top speed).

But I don't know what to do. If the fight is anywhere but hollow world (no sun save Aizen's titanic colloseum with a fake sun) Rose will have to deal with two people. Yumichika he can take easily (he kinda depends on an opponent not being able to fly, do shunpo or be stupid enough to remain close to him when the tentacles go for him.) but shark girl will remain to limit his movements kind of sucks to be him.
    I think it was more like 33 000 Hollows or something. At any rate, he's only shown one ability, so we can't make assumptions on the rest.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Sevenheadedmirror's Avatar
    Country
    Mexico
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Takahashi View Post
    I think it was more like 33 000 Hollows or something. At any rate, he's only shown one ability, so we can't make assumptions on the rest.
    But that ability was getting stabbed in the face LOL

...well in a sense we could, I mean AA got to use all of the black haired Ichigo's skills with relative ease and it was a man absorbed by a hollow. I know inferring other stuff is highly cheap (I always argument against it) but let's be honest both characters in tube team didn't appeared but for little time: Rose only lasted a single chap and AA lasted one second after his release, while we know all what the other guys could do. Asking not to deduce a little stuff is like giving instant victory to beauty. I think it's completely valid in a hypothetical case.

Once again to me it depends if AA gets to use his power freely or not.
    To in infer something and pose it as implied in the source is to justify something.
    The justification that an arc or a story sucks because the author is as tired as us from it can't apply since it's the author's fault it sucks to begin with.

18. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Takahashi's Avatar
    Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Sevenheadedmirror View Post
    But that ability was getting stabbed in the face LOL

Quote Quote:
    ...well in a sense we could, I mean AA got to use all of the black haired Ichigo's skills with relative ease and it was a man absorbed by a hollow. I know inferring other stuff is highly cheap (I always argument against it) but let's be honest both characters in tube team didn't appeared but for little time: Rose only lasted a single chap and AA lasted one second after his release, while we know all what the other guys could do. Asking not to deduce a little stuff is like giving instant victory to beauty. I think it's completely valid in a hypothetical case.

Once again to me it depends if AA gets to use his power freely or not.
    That's true, but that's part of the disadvantage of not showing enough and being thrown in this tournament. Sucks to be the Test Tubes, I know.

20. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

I like that! -Black Haired Ichigo, hah!- Shiba never had a better compliment!

Thread Closed
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 LastLast