Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (9/22/14 - 9/28/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!

View Poll Results: Who wins?

Voters
77. You may not vote on this poll
  • Team Aqua Beauty

61 79.22%
  • Team Test Tube Symphonics

16 20.78%
Thread Closed
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: Team Aqua Beauty vs Team Test Tube Symphonics

MangaHelper 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
    Country
    Mariejoa
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Team Aqua Beauty vs Team Test Tube Symphonics

I'd go with Aqua Beauty here.
    Aaroniero is not only the weakest among Espada, but also is a bit overrated. His only feat was having plenty of abilities (that were not shown) and beating Rukia that is pretty lame, cause she isn't stronger than Umichika. I'd actually say that Umichikai is stronger. He was shown practically at Ikkaku's level in abilities and both of them are considered to be at VC level and not only VC but high VC level along with Kira and Hisagi. Also his Shikai is pretty useful in sense that he can drain Reiatsu from his opponent and heal himself and become more powerful.
    I don't actually think that Umichika can beat Aaroniero, but he can clearly delay him and make an opening for Harribel to hit him in the head.
    Also about Harribel vs Rose. I agree that Rose is strong, but people are clearly overstemating him. I don't think that even his Shikai + Mask are at the same level as Hitsugaya's Bankai and Hitsu strugled pretty much even with his Bankai against Harribel and couldn't beat her in the end.
    So I dno't think that Rose with just Shikai and Mask that has a time limit on it will prevail.

Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Raizen's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Aqua Beauty without a doubt.

Yumi would be able to stall the 9th espada for a while. However, once it release, yumi is in trouble. But the big size of the 9th makes it a bigger target for cascada, which should be enough to take it out.

Rose has not shown anything that makes me think he can take on halibel. Good luck trying to use a whip in CQC against halibel. I have nothing against whips. Kurama from Yu Yu Hakusho used a whip and he was my favorite. Difference was, hsi whip was sharp, fast, small, and not too long. He was also intelligent unlike rose. Once he tries to whip hallibel, she would sondio up close and take him out. With nothing to defend him due to his whip being far away, he is F-ed. That is how I see most captains taking him down. Or even grabbing his whip then attacking

3. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member SaintSheik's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Damn, these team bouts are harder to vote for than the ongoing tournament.

I would say Aqua Beauty mainly due to the fact that her third Espada status tends to get ignored due to her battle with Hitsugaya which had an elemental variable and the fact that she was KS'd by Aizen. I think the top three VL-level Espada can take this, with Yumichika serving as unnecessary backup.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Exodi's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

*props to whoever is coming up with the team names. Some of them are pretty funny.

I'm giving it to team Aqua Beauty.

Quite frankly, I think Yumichika is unnecessary here. Harribel can definitely take on Aaroniero, considering their ranks and their abilities.

I can see Harribel taking Rose down, too. I can't really see how his whip would be effective against giant torrents of water. Harribel also wields a giant sword that's at least 2/3 as tall as she is. Good luck getting a whip around that.

Banned 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Country
    Belgium
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Raizen View Post
    He was also intelligent unlike rose.
    curious..why you find Rose is not intelligent ..he not really shown any stupid moves or done anything rash to say he not intelligent

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member xXAshisogiJizoXx's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Hmm, I wonder if Hitsuguya+Rukia vs Halibel+AA would have been a more interesting match as each has faced another one on the other team, and they all have water based abilities.

Anyways, without consideration of Rose's unknown Bankai, Team aqua beauty should win fairly easily. Body possession and Zan destruction would be game changers in a team battle, but there is only weak indirect evidence for AA still having them, although no reason why he shouldn't. Rose's shikai is not useless; having such small surface area, I can see it going through the water quite cleanly. However that still results in Halibel getting a booboo, and Rose being crushed by a tidal wave (assuming Rose cannot use his explosive abilities when drinking several hundred gallons of water)
    Not Perfect is GOoD

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member Snake_Cowboy's Avatar
    Country
    Netherlands
    Post Thanks / Like

This was a no-brainer for me. Team Aqua Beauty has this in the bag.

Because of her fight with Hitsugaya, Halibel often doesn't get the credit she deserves; with her skill, power, intelligence and overwhelming water-abilities, she's a power-house to have on your side. Yumichika should not be underestimated either. Despite being only a fifth-seat, I think he's actually around vice-captain level and he has a seriously hax shikai. The fact that he doesn't release it unless he absolutely has to actually works to his advantage, since it allows him to catch his opponents off-guard with it.

But the opposing side...? To be honest, Rose has always seemed like one of the weaker captains to me. With Bankai, that might turn out to be a different story, but obviously, we can't use that as a factor here. Even with his mask, he really hasn't impressed me. Aaroniero is the weakest of the Espada, despite the fact that he also absorbed Kaien, not to mention a huge target once he's released. And since his boast of having 30k different abilities is pointless since we didn't see a single one in his battle with Rukia ( )... Yeah, it's not looking good for Team Test Tube Symphonics.

Rose and Aaroniero might have a shot if they quickly gang up to take out Yumichika and then focus on Halibel, but I don't think Rose would play that dirty. Even if he would, Halibel won't let it happen. She'll handle Rose while Yumichika faces Aaroniero. I think Rose will still be able to put up a good fight with his shikai and his Hollow mask, but once Halibel releases, he's screwed: Cascada will drown him and if Halibel can survive Hyoten Hyakkaso (Hitsugaya's strongest attack, on Bankai) unscathed, Kinshara's Izayoi Bara will do jack shit. I think she's more than skilled and strong enough to handle the whip itself too. Rose is going to get murdered. Yumichika will be in a tough spot against Aaroniero. He might be able to keep up with him, even when he's using Nejibana, but once he releases Glotonería, Yumichika has a big problem. Mostly because of Aaroniero's mass: I don't think the vines of Ruri'iro Kujaku will be able to ensnare him. With those massive tentacles, he'd easily break free.

However, once Halibel is finished with Rose (which won't take too long), Cascada and Hierviendo will wash Aaroniero away. If necessary, Halibel will get in and close, go for Aaroniero's real body. I doubt that fishtank is strong enough to survive Halibel's huge blade being buried in it. And with Yumichika there for support as well, is any further explanation required?

Team Aqua Beauty wins.
    Last edited by Snake_Cowboy; March 17, 2011 at 03:54 PM.
    "See you, Snake Cowboy..."

9. Thanks 3 Member(s) thanked this post
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Country
    France
    Post Thanks / Like

.... yet people wonder why their favorites lose ....
    everyone is saying that halibel can beat rose, yet 0 espada managed to beat a captain and rose is a 100+ years captain level with a mask that adds an enormous boost
    IMO, halibel gets massacred , she was 2 shoted by aizen , srsly she will fall after a couple of hits by masked rose

and , what did halibel show to start with? she was facing kidsugaya not yamamoto ...
    THE UCHIHA LOGIC:
    "brother follows hiw on path? destroy konoha " uchiha sasuke
    "the village wants you not to interfere with politics? coup-d'etat" uchiha fugaku
    "coup-d'etat on the way? obliterate entire clan" uchiha itachi
    "clan wants to make peace? destroy everyone everywhere" uchiha madara
    "10 years old crush dead?infinite tsukyumi" uchiha obito

11. Thanks 2 Member(s) thanked this post
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member El Samurai Guapo's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Was starting to think I'd be the only one to favor Rose and Aaroniero here.

In my opinion some of you here pay too much attention to the fact that Kinshara is a whip. I don't think the size/shape/type of weapon matters much in bleach to be honest. As long as the user has high enough reiatsu, their zanpakutou should be able to deal damage to their opponent. I think it's a given that Rose has enough reiatsu to damage the 3rd espada with his zanpakutou, with or without the mask.

As for Harribel's water attacks, none of them came across as too damaging to me. The only way I see Harribel putting Rose down is with her big-ass arm-sword, the water attacks should do little more than harass Rose w/ his mask on. Not only that, but this will be another two vs. one because Aaroniero can easily defeat Yumichika.

13. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Type of weapon DEFINITELY matters. Unless you think Love is literally incapable of cutting Starrk, then his mallet is never cutting anyone, Omadea's mace is never slicing anything in half, etc...

A whip you might be able to stretch as a cutter, problem is it's never cut anything, in fact got pulled the hell away from him like nothing. Granted via Aizen, but you'd need some actual support of some other kind before you could even begin to go that route to say the least. Just arguing type not mattering is completely invalid even given Bleach.

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Actually no, I don't think Tengumaru can cut (minus perhaps stabbing with the spikes), nor do I think Omaeda's mace would ever slice anything in half either. Tengumaru and Gegetsuburi do crushing damage.

Likewise I don't think Kinshara is an effective cutter, but I do believe the impact from its strikes would be damaging. Cutting and slashing is not the only way to hurt opponents...

16. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Not the only way to effectively hurt sure, but suffice to say the most effective in Bleach is always cutting. Especially when up against Hierro.

Country
    France
    Post Thanks / Like

Also people miraculously forgot how lame halibel looked when she was been held by shikai lisa ....
    Quote Originally Posted by Random101 View Post
    Type of weapon DEFINITELY matters. Unless you think Love is literally incapable of cutting Starrk, then his mallet is never cutting anyone, Omadea's mace is never slicing anything in half, etc...

A whip you might be able to stretch as a cutter, problem is it's never cut anything, in fact got pulled the hell away from him like nothing. Granted via Aizen, but you'd need some actual support of some other kind before you could even begin to go that route to say the least. Just arguing type not mattering is completely invalid even given Bleach.
    care to explain more? i dont really get your point (at least that's what i think) , you are saying that type definitly matters then you say that aizen easily pulled it away like if he would have found it difficult if it was a sword instead of a mace??
    THE UCHIHA LOGIC:
    "brother follows hiw on path? destroy konoha " uchiha sasuke
    "the village wants you not to interfere with politics? coup-d'etat" uchiha fugaku
    "coup-d'etat on the way? obliterate entire clan" uchiha itachi
    "clan wants to make peace? destroy everyone everywhere" uchiha madara
    "10 years old crush dead?infinite tsukyumi" uchiha obito

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Aizen stops swords with his hands too, so honestly, him catching a battered-up and mask-less Rose's whip shouldn't make Rose look bad in the least.

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Quote:
    Also people miraculously forgot how lame halibel looked when she was been held by shikai lisa ....
    What you mean the Harribel who just got out from a technique designed to kill her and was weakened enough that she apparently couldn't use her water techs anymore, despite Hitsugaya providing a metric crapton of ice to fuel her right there? And despite that could still take two blows from Aizen to take down?

Suffice to say that instance isn't particularly downgrading for her. >>

Also it being Aizen is specifically why I denote it as Aizen. My point is there's no feats of that thing being able to cut, just embed the spike part of it into energy wolves that blew appart with a mallet anyway. With Cutting being the only really effective means of taking someone down, particularly with Hierro, having a lack of capability for doing so works against him to say the least. >>

Thread Closed
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast