Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (8/25/14 - 8/31/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Gintama 507 (2)

View Poll Results: Who wins?

Voters
80. You may not vote on this poll
  • Team Retro Pink

8 10.00%
  • Team Magic Muscles

72 90.00%
Thread Closed
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: Team Retro Pink vs Team Magic Muscles

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Takahashi's Avatar
    Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Team Retro Pink vs Team Magic Muscles

Quote Originally Posted by CeroOskuraz View Post
    Hachi can't do that because he's a weak combatant, not physically fit, and has terrible reactions, so it's safe to say that his elaborate forbidden Kido teleport thing wouldn't work on most good fighters who don't stand still.

Tessai is different in that he's a Captain, a whole jump of power above Hachi =/.
    I hope that's not going to be your actual argument though

Quote Quote:
    Also, for you guys debating on the premise of plot-induced whatever, if the characters fight IC then it will be present again. Making excuses from plot is an amateurish way to debate.

Just mah two cents
    What? When were we debating anything? We were saying that's the reason for people not actually using their abilities to their full extent in the manga.

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Takahashi View Post
    I hope that's not going to be your actual argument though
    Actually I argued against that happening in this fight

Quote Quote:
    What? When were we debating anything? We were saying that's the reason for people not actually using their abilities to their full extent in the manga.
    Never mentioned you

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Takahashi's Avatar
    Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by CeroOskuraz View Post
    Actually I argued against that happening in this fight
    Oh, I guess I haven't been paying attention to this topic too much

Quote Quote:
    Never mentioned you
    Doh

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member Snake_Cowboy's Avatar
    Country
    Netherlands
    Post Thanks / Like

Szayel is incredibly hax, but Team Magic Muscles can definitely handle this.

Szayel and Mashiro are a dangerous combination, but Szayel is already a lot less of a threat without his lab to prepare himself for a match beforehand. I think some people are hyping Tessai up a bit too much, but he does seem like a very formidable combatant. And as others have pointed out, a skilled kidou-user might be Szayel's weakness. Don't underestimate Chad, either, though. He's getting stronger and while I'm not sure he's capable of defeating Mashiro, he should be able to hold his own for a while.

So how do I see the fight playing out?

The match-up will be pretty obvious as Chad and Mashiro are far more direct fighters and even if Szayel has more of an interest in Chad (due to him being a human with special powers), Tessai will quickly recognise who the greatest threat is around here. Szayel will have no time to calmly analyse his opponent, though, as Tessai doesn't seem like the kind of guy that messes around. Hell, if he fires that Hadou #88 he used against Aizen, before Szayel releases, I suspect he'd kill him in one shot. If not, Tessai will still unleash some pretty deadly kidou and Szayel will have to release and quick if he wants to stand any chance.

I'm not sure how Chad and Mashiro will do, but once Mashiro uses her Hollow mask, Chad better watch out. Still, with Brazo Derecha de Gigante and Brazo Izquierda del Diablo, Chad will be okay. He may not have the advantage in speed, but with that shield-arm, I think he'll be capable of defending himself against Mashiro. If he manages to land La Muerte, he'd probably defeat Mashiro, but that's probably not going to happen.

Tessai will be able to guard himself against Szayel's clone-liquid with a quick Danku or other barriers. Similarly, Tessai should have plenty in his arsenal to keep from being caught by Szayel's wings, if he stays on his guard. Once Szayel starts running out of tricks to use on Tessai, he'll get desperate. He'll try a Gran Rey Cero, but Tessai can probably dodge it and counter, block it entirely with a Bakudou or even overpower it with a spell of his own. Either way, it will all boil down to Tessai using a #61 Rikujoukouro to keep Szayel in one spot and then a Hadou #88 or #63 Raikouhou to blast him out of existence. With Szayel toast, Tessai will be able to assist Chad; he'll bind Mashiro and a La Muerte from Chad will end it.

Team Magic Muscles wins.
    Last edited by Snake_Cowboy; March 20, 2011 at 09:42 AM.
    "See you, Snake Cowboy..."

5. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted xXan's Avatar
    Country
    Romania
    Post Thanks / Like

Chad is actualy a liability to his team. I can't see Tessai getting hit by Szayel but Chad is another story. I can see Szayel resurecting himself in Chad. I think its better if Chad runs for the hills and leaves Tessai to deal with this or try to lure Mashiro somewhere away from Teesai and Szayel.

Still going with Tessai but its a tricky one.

MH Senpai MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Team Magic Muscles wins! They shall advance into the next round. Discuss the result of this match and all others in the Tournament Discussion thread.

Stay tuned for more details!

Thread Closed
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3