Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (7/21/14 - 7/27/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Gintama 504 by Bomber D Rufi , One Piece 753 by cnet128 , Bleach 589 (2)
New Reply
Page 12 of 29 FirstFirst ... 2 10 11 12 13 14 22 ... LastLast

Thread: Bakuman Vol 15 (ch125-ch133) Discussion

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member Tias's Avatar
    Country
    Denmark
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Bakuman 128 Spoiler Thread

I think this will strengthen the bond between Aoki & Hiramura 8D
    Or i hope so, since i like that pairing o_o

Reviewer 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity alphabeta's Avatar
    Country
    Russian Federation
    Post Thanks / Like

Honestly, it was obvious that Nakai will become a punchbag in Bakuman, since the moment he was reintroduced. If he were to become a good character he woudn't

1. Be so fu***** WAY to fat

2. Work for an antogonists.

3. Eat his stress away with pizza, but go cry himself out with Saikou, like in the good ol' days.

4. would accept Fukuda's offer (last chance for him to become good)

All that's left for Nakai is to hope, someone will find a Death Note in the Bakuman-verse and write his name in it. <----- maybe a certain alphabeta will do that?
    Last edited by alphabeta; April 15, 2011 at 07:40 AM.

in absentia 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity saladesu's Avatar
    Country
    Singapore
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by deffkryz View Post
    Could be Nakai the one to open the door to Mashiro's second manga series in Jump?
    You mean as an assistant? Or as the artist (while Mashiro does the story...?)? Honestly I wouldn't want this to happen especially in the latter case. IMO a lot of meaning would be lost if Saikou ends up getting an anime-worthy series with anyone other than Shuujin.

In the former case, however, that is a possibility. With his skills he would be a great asset and could probably help cut down the time needed for Saikou to have that second series. But, I would only want this to happen if Shuujin was still providing the story, for the same reason I stated above.

Anyway, I'm really looking forward to the scenes with Hiramaru, Aoki and Nakai. They should be very entertaining

Country
    Russian Federation
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by saladesu View Post
    You mean as an assistant? Or as the artist (while Mashiro does the story...?)? Honestly I wouldn't want this to happen especially in the latter case. IMO a lot of meaning would be lost if Saikou ends up getting an anime-worthy series with anyone other than Shuujin.

In the former case, however, that is a possibility. With his skills he would be a great asset and could probably help cut down the time needed for Saikou to have that second series. But, I would only want this to happen if Shuujin was still providing the story, for the same reason I stated above.

Anyway, I'm really looking forward to the scenes with Hiramaru, Aoki and Nakai. They should be very entertaining
    I think it's gonna su** pretty hard, if Saikou does a second series, regardless with whom.

Anyway, haven't you finished your transaltion? You said, you'd do it today.

Oh yeah, i forgot... i promised, not to... well you know what.... well... i kinda... broke it just know, eh?
    Last edited by alphabeta; April 15, 2011 at 09:54 AM.

Country
    Singapore
    Post Thanks / Like

Which is why I hope it doesn't happen. Shuujin has had his chance to work with someone else (Shiratori on Rabuta) and Saikou has also had his chance to "spread his wings on his own" by doing that romance one-shot, even if Shuujin did end up giving him some input. Nonetheless, even if it wasn't for another series, if Nakai became an assistant to Ashirogi, he would be an asset because regardless of all the other bad things you can say about him, he is a talented artist.

I don't recall telling you or anyone I was translating anything today If you meant the spoilers, akoftroy has done them already so no need for me to repeat. Raws are not even out for the real chapter for me to translate off...

Country
    Russian Federation
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by saladesu View Post
    If someone doesn't get to it before me, I'll post a translation tomorrow (/me is tired and has other stuff to take care of)
    I thought you meant the chapter back then

BTW, i'm not spamming right now, or? ...

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by deffkryz View Post
    Could be Nakai the one to open the door to Mashiro's second manga series in Jump?
    If that was to happen, it likely would have happened back during the Romance one-shot competition ark. Redeeming him as a character would have been relatively easy at that point. (He did one stupid thing that was more pathetic than evil.)

Now? It would take a lot more work, and is debatable whether it is even possible. And if the author tries it and it doesn't work...

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Bakuman 128 Chinese scan online at mangahead

Spoiler show

9. Thanks 3 Member(s) thanked this post
    MH Senpai 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Knifeshade's Avatar
    Country
    Hong Kong
    Post Thanks / Like

It seems Nakai is slowly being set up to walk the path of redemption. It was an okay chapter if only because of the Hiramaru vs Nakai showdown. Maybe Hiramaru will talk some sense into Nakai in the next chapter, Fukuda has pretty much given up on him. But even if that happened, apparently Shuiesha pretty much wants nothing to do with him anymore soooo he's gonna have to do something amazing if he wants to be a mangaka again.

And it took me forever to realize "most awesome" is Mashiro's nickname, Saikou. I was wondering why some of Shujin's sentences didn't make sense.
    Last edited by Knifeshade; April 15, 2011 at 07:01 PM.

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Post Thanks / Like

As much as I want Nakai to turn things around, he's pretty much finished. Seeing Aoki and Hiramura dating has pretty crushed the poor guy and now Nakai has to be a fucking slob in front of Aoki once again? I can't stand watching this torment anymore. If Hiramura delivers the final strike, Nakai will definately be finished and it's way too heavy of a painful burden he will endure which I doubt he can. He will resort to committing suicide.

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member Tias's Avatar
    Country
    Denmark
    Post Thanks / Like

LoL wat?
    Nakai, being set up for repemption?
    Dude, just as people think he can't get any more low than he already is, he goes and proofs he can sink much lower. Chosing to rather go with some random chick to "have fun" than accept Fukuda's offer. And then it turns out they just messed around with him. He's so desperate.

Hiramura is not there to talk sense into nakai, or i doubt so.
    Would be nice with some translation to know what exactly Hiramura said on the last page. But i think more like here is there to "protect" Aoki from Nakai's "Harrasment"

Sure, Nakai is a talented artist, but just because he is so does not mean he will be a good guy again.
    But considering the nature of this manga i bet it's gonna end up with a happy ending for every single characyer = /

But still, Nakai, i think he had his chance for redemption when he was introduced back into the story, but then he ends up stuffing himself with pizza every single day and only caring about how to prolong his life style and other things.

Country
    United Kingdom
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Tias View Post
    LoL wat?
    Dude, just as people think he can't get any more low than he already is, he goes and proofs he can sink much lower. Chosing to rather go with some random chick to "have fun" than accept Fukuda's offer. And then it turns out they just messed around with him. He's so desperate.

Hiramura is not there to talk sense into nakai, or i doubt so.
    Would be nice with some translation to know what exactly Hiramura said on the last page. But i think more like here is there to "protect" Aoki from Nakai's "Harrasment"

Sure, Nakai is a talented artist, but just because he is so does not mean he will be a good guy again.
    But considering the nature of this manga i bet it's gonna end up with a happy ending for every single characyer = /

But still, Nakai, i think he had his chance for redemption when he was introduced back into the story, but then he ends up stuffing himself with pizza every single day and only caring about how to prolong his life style and other things.
    Which is why I could not stand seeing Nakai torment himself any longer after all this.

I appreciate Hiramura's good intentions...but...I wonder.....was Hiramura invited to the tea party? Kinda convinient of him to appear out of nowhere to the rescue LOL

MH Senpai 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Knifeshade's Avatar
    Country
    Hong Kong
    Post Thanks / Like

Aoki was currently on the phone with Hiramaru when Nakai suddenly appeared at Aoki's door shouting "GET YOUR ASS DOWN HERE, WOMAN", she says "Nakai-san?" to which Hiramaru heard on the other phone, and a few panels later Hiramaru's all like 'STALL HIM A BIT, I'M ON MY WAY THERE TO PROTECT YOU" (so Aoki's like "Um I just got out of the shower so could you wait a bit?" which is why we have that weird panel of Nakai licking the intercom?).

The last page basically consists of Hiramaru asking what Nakai is doing while leaping out of the car, Nakai says Aoki said she was going to come out but even she lied to him and threatens her, and Hiramaru's saying he won't let him harm her and stuff. It's cringeworthy dialogue but it's funny at the same time with those poses. XD

Quote Quote:
    LoL wat?
    If the authors wanted Nakai to disappear, they already did a good job last time. If the authors wanted to ridicule Nakai, they already did a good job last time. Bringing him back just to see him like this is a waste of time if nothing good comes out of it. Like him redeeming himself or something. Fukuda has basically given up on him after he saw him walk off with the chick. So it's up to Aoki and Hiramaru in this weird situation to snap him out of his current state and tell him to accept reality.

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by yugito View Post
    it's way too heavy of a painful burden he will endure which I doubt he can. He will resort to committing suicide.
    Don't forget that these are manga characters, not real people. If the author wants them to redeem themselves, they will redeem themselves. For me, it would not be surprising if he did so.

Country
    Singapore
    Post Thanks / Like

Bakuman 128 Translation

I think that since Fukuda is a nice guy deep down, though it looks like he has given up on Nakai, he will still take Nakai in. Ohba-sensei effectively killed the prediction that Nakai might work for Ashirogi by bringing up the fact that Ashirogi have Katou working for them. Ashirogi aren't the kind who would sack Katou to bring Nakai on board, imo, even if Nakai is the more talented of the two. I would really like to see Nakai redeem himself. I think this next arc will be solely focused on that. I expect all or at least most of Team Fukuda to be involved, as well as possibly Nanamine. And maybe, in some way or another, Nanamine will be able to redeem himself as well

17. Thanks 4 Member(s) thanked this post
New Reply
Page 12 of 29 FirstFirst ... 2 10 11 12 13 14 22 ... LastLast