Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (7/7/14 - 7/13/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Gintama 503 by Bomber D Rufi , Bleach 588 (2)
New Reply
Page 3 of 29 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 ... LastLast

Thread: Bakuman Vol 15 (ch125-ch133) Discussion

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member fizban's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Bakuman 125 Discussion / 126 Prediction

Best thing ever? "Keep drawing WAHAHAHAHA"

I'm a theater person, so I am around a lot of people who cackle light that and it fills me with glee. Congrats to Hiramaru for his new manga. I hope we get to see a little of it.

Also, Nakai looked so disgusting in the panel where he was asking if his privileges were going to be taken away. I honestly thought he might have turned a corner when he found out about Nanamine, but then he went even further down the wrong path. Breaking my heart to see a character we used to love acting that way.
    Last edited by fizban; March 19, 2011 at 08:27 PM.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Country
    Micronesia
    Post Thanks / Like

the CP looks like an ad for mobile phones... ^^;;

by the way, the 'having too many elements being stuffed inside till the audience do not know what is the manga about anymore' part really reminds me of a particular manga in the real WSJ... *cough*khr*cough*
    Last edited by R4n; March 20, 2011 at 03:27 AM.

in absentia 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity saladesu's Avatar
    Country
    Singapore
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Bakuman 125 Spoiler Thread

Quote Originally Posted by k-dom View Post
    Do You really think kosugi had Hattori and chief editor agreement on this ? It looks a bit like bluff to me. Hattori could be ok but I can't imagine the discussion with the chief editor without revealing part of the lies that have been made so far
    That's an interesting thought... I never considered it. Kosugi would be in serious trouble if the EIC found out, but I guess if he's already got the resolve to submit that request for a transfer, he's ready for this as well. Ashirogi wouldn't be held responsible as Kosugi was the one who tricked them. If its true that the EIC is kept in the dark about this, then Hattori probably is too. I can't imagine Hattori letting Kosugi do this and not trying to stop him. I'd think that if Hattori did try to stop him but Kosugi convinced him otherwise, then such a scene should have been shown in the manga itself.

I think you might really be right about this, k-dom

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
    Country
    Philippines
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Bakuman 125 Spoiler Thread

Quote Originally Posted by k-dom View Post
    Do You really think kosugi had Hattori and chief editor agreement on this ? It looks a bit like bluff to me. Hattori could be ok but I can't imagine the discussion with the chief editor without revealing part of the lies that have been made so far
    There's a panel that he went to shuiesha at day and went to Ashirogi Muto at night..
    Spoiler show

Chances are high that we we'll see PCP manga again and a second-rated PCP.
    Last edited by sekida; March 20, 2011 at 08:00 AM.

Country
    Singapore
    Post Thanks / Like

Hah, nice catch Sekida Can't believe I missed that, especially since I was the one who translated it

Still, I would have liked something this important to be shown. I'd really have liked to see exactly how the EIC reacted to the proposal, and if, like k-dom asked, the EIC is now privy to all of Nanamine's methods.

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member luffyg2's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Well this guy is truly someone who never learns... and of course some of the ex internet partner were going to post everything on the internet.. even if he see the errors of his ways and start doing things normally.. his reputation already took a hit... don't think he will repent though. he'll just get beaten by PCP and makes some excuses again

The True Ninja MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted jorped's Avatar
    Country
    Portugal
    Post Thanks / Like

Nanamine never learns!!!!!
    this chapter was interesting, much better than the previous one! i think it will be interesting to see this final clash between ashirogi and nanamine , and of course that i hope that Nanamine looses and manages to understand that the way he is doing thinks is not the right one , and that he needs to respect his editor and listen to his ideas!

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Country
    Poland
    Post Thanks / Like

I protest against turning Nanamine's character into a nervous wreck, just to show the kiddies: look, this happens when you break the rules. so, be good. Bakuman has raised a serious issue about feedback, editorial division, author - editor relation, the ToC votes, etc, and then behaved as if nothing happened. Same story as usual, another villain defeated. The same thing happened when Kaya argued with Shujin, because he behaved like a jerk. There was an interesting discussion on this forum. But, next thing we know they're happy again, no resolution, no apology. Once again, the authors behave as if nothing happened. It starts to annoy me.

And did I see an attempt to sell Kosugi's fear and unability to act as some convoluted noble action? I hope not.
    Last edited by natli; March 20, 2011 at 11:03 AM.

9. Thanks 5 Member(s) thanked this post
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member SHINOBI-03's Avatar
    Country
    Dubai
    Post Thanks / Like

Nanamine is so creepy in this chapter...!! But I kinda expected him to go that far to steal ideas from Ashirogi since he doesn't make stories on his own.

Now, they're all in agreement with competing with the same ideas, and everyone predicts that Nanamine is going to lose, right? But... what if the opposite happens, and Nanamine actually does better when he works on his own?! That would be a huge twist, right?!

--

P.S. Dear Translators... If you are going to translate a manga's title, translate all of them!

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member LeDuck's Avatar
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by natli View Post
    I protest against turning Nanamine's character into a nervous wreck, just to show the kiddies: look, this happens when you break the rules. so, be good. Bakuman has raised a serious issue about feedback, editorial division, author - editor relation, the ToC votes, etc, and then behaved as if nothing happened. Same story as usual, another villain defeated. The same thing happened when Kaya argued with Shujin, because he behaved like a jerk. There was an interesting discussion on this forum. But, next thing we know they're happy again, no resolution, no apology. Once again, the authors behave as if nothing happened. It starts to annoy me.

And did I see an attempt to sell Kosugi's fear and unability to act as some convoluted noble action? I hope not.
    Had the same thoughts for weeks, unfortunately I can't add anything, everything was said

Country
    Singapore
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by SHINOBI-03 View Post
    P.S. Dear Translators... If you are going to translate a manga's title, translate all of them!
    Just thought I'd defend myself here, as this seems to be directed at me I don't translate any of the manga titles. I add in a translation note with the translation the first time, but subsequently I leave it in Japanese. For example "Shinjitsu no Kyoushitsu" and not "Classroom of Truth". I personally think it is better this way as it sounds more original. You can see this in the original translation. In MRI's case, their proofreaders have changed the Japanese titles and replaced with the English translation, as they wanted consistency and I was outnumbered one to many. I have yet to read MRI's version of this chapter, but they probably missed one or two of the titles.

Also occurred to me that you might be talking about the way some titles are shortened. Well that's the way it is in the Japanese as well, like "Yuuigi na Gakuen Seikatsu ni Hitsuyou na Sore" is always abbreviated to "Yuuigi na~" or "Yuuigi~".

Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member Quaro1987's Avatar
    Country
    Greece
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by saladesu View Post
    I personally think it is better this way as it sounds more original.
    Not attacking you, just discussing (it would be really ungrateful to attack someone who helps us enjoy our favorite manga, over something so trivial), but many translation groups do that, and some times it works (for example nakama in One piece has done wonders to make the audience feel like the straw hats have a special bond), but when translators leave too much untranslated, it really gets tiring to keep track.

For example, in Naruto they leave a lot of attacks untranslated, and I'm scratching my head which attack they are talking about. And it's ok if it's a one word attack like chidori or rasengan, but those 3-5 word attacks can confuse the audience, specially in the manga where there isn't so much visual aid.

And in Bakuman, I usually don't pay too much attention to the titles, cause well... they are all Japanese to me :P, and I end up getting confused which manga they are talking about.

Just my opinion, and the reasons I would do it differently.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member SHINOBI-03's Avatar
    Country
    Dubai
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by saladesu View Post
    Just thought I'd defend myself here, as this seems to be directed at me I don't translate any of the manga titles. I add in a translation note with the translation the first time, but subsequently I leave it in Japanese. For example "Shinjitsu no Kyoushitsu" and not "Classroom of Truth". I personally think it is better this way as it sounds more original. You can see this in the original translation. In MRI's case, their proofreaders have changed the Japanese titles and replaced with the English translation, as they wanted consistency and I was outnumbered one to many. I have yet to read MRI's version of this chapter, but they probably missed one or two of the titles.
    What I hate about fan-subs and fan translations in general. The "We will keep it in Japanese because it's sounds cooler." rule.

Then, allow me to ask everyone else here. What do you prefer: "Yuugi Na Gakuin Sekatsu Ni Hitsuyou Na Sore" or "What Is Required"?

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member fizban's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Ugh, that name is just so long. That's, like, all the dialogue that you usually see in a chapter of Bleach.

They mentioned that Arai got his third cancelation this chapter. I thought that was kind of a weird point. He's supposed to be the veteran mangaka of the story - I'm sure he has had more than three series in Jump. But it gave me a chance to see one of my favorite editors again. Love that random guy. And Heishi was in the chapter too so yay.

When it comes to translating things like attack names, I don't mind them keeping the Japanese thing on the main part of the page. But I would like it if they did the thing where they include a footnote at the bottom of the page where they say what the attack is in English. Especially when it's things like sword attacks. If it is Naruto and he is using his one attack I probably don't even need any text on the page. Why is he screaming the attack name anyways? This isn't HunterXHunter, where stuff like that will actually make the attack more powerful.

I miss Hunter X Hunter. Every time it comes back from hiatus I am reminded why I like the series so much and then it leaves and we have new series which just don't measure up.

16. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    News Writer 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member Asahina's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

So, I've been wondering. Their PCP manga is not accepted to be an anime because of how real the situations can be mimicked, right?

So, they plan on doing a battle mainstream kind of story. But should they really consider themselves rivals to Nizuma Eiji? I think that even if they do manage to create an anime for their new manga, they are waaaay behind all their rivals who had an anime going for a year or so. This new manga they create must be a masterpiece that changes everything.

What I mean is having the Japanese president admitting that he loves their manga or something. Or having a movie based on their manga. Or a Train Station being named after one of their characters special moves or something. Cause I really don't see any other way to surpass Nizuma Eiji besides proving Moritaka Mashiro and Akito Takag have more dedicated fans around the world than Nizuma Eiji.

18. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
New Reply
Page 3 of 29 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 ... LastLast