Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Celebrate MH's birthday and the RETURN OF MANGA!! Start downloading, translating and scanlating manga HERE - legally!
Like us on Facebook, Follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year of MH and check out our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga: (4/7/14 - 4/13/14).
Site News: Check out our new sections: Nisekoi and Kingdom
Events: Nominate and vote for the winners in the Seinen Awards!
Translations: Gintama 490 by Bomber D Rufi
New Reply
Page 4 of 29 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 14 ... LastLast

Thread: Bakuman Vol 15 (ch125-ch133) Discussion

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
    Country
    Portugal
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Bakuman 125 Discussion / 126 Prediction

what a change of subject. ^^

PCP not being a anime is just an excuse for the main characters still have a goal in this history.

2. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    in absentia 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity saladesu's Avatar
    Country
    Singapore
    Post Thanks / Like

Regarding the to-translate-or-not-translate-titles/moves issue, well, let's just say to each his own, shall we? There are people who prefer it in Japanese and others who don't, but I think the most important is that it is consistent throughout the chapter. I still have yet to read the scanlation, but if there were some left untranslated, then that was a mistake on MRI's part and as a part of the team and on behalf of them I apologize

I do agree with murtas that essentially, the main reason why PCP isn't getting an anime is because it's a ploy to keep Bakuman going. Though of course Ohba-sensei could also choose to pull the "yay we get an anime, but boo Azuki isn't the heroine, we need another new manga!" thing someone here mentioned before...

Unfortunately, the only way to measure what a better manga is in the Bakuman-verse, is by the TOC rankings. They aren't even showing us how well the tankoubons are selling because it's assumed a series that ranks high on the TOCs sells well (which isn't always true - look at Nurarihyon no Mago). So essentially, Ashirogi have to create a new series that ranks above Crow in the TOCS and that ALSO gets an anime that ALSO has Azuki as the heroine before they can consider their goal reached and Bakuman will end. It's kinda silly, but that's about the only quantitative and qualitative measure there is to use.

Oh and now with arcs like this recent Nanamine one, the story is being extended by stuff that (at least thus far) seems fairly unrelated to the overarching plot. Anyone wanna wage some bets on what the next arc will bring?

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Now that the anime has been greenlit for a second season, the manga basically has to continue so we may get more arcs that are "filler-ish." I'm guessing will get some stuff about the characters but away from the manga making? We need more Fukuda action...

Anyone find it odd that True Human's run so long...? Good job Shizuka keeping it going. Maybe we'll get an arc where it's canceled and Shizuka has to deal with the heartbreak?

Country
    Singapore
    Post Thanks / Like

Not really, just because the anime has got a second season doesn't mean the manga has to go on and on. It's not like there's insufficient material for a second season. In fact, there's already enough material in the 125 chapters of Bakuman to fill nearly 3 seasons! The current season is about to end and it has only covered until around chapter 30. This season will most likely end with Ashirogi getting their serialization.

I do agree it would be nice to see the spotlight on Fukuda for a change, though We've been having a lot of Hiramaru and Aoki, and I guess Ohba's forgotten than Fukuda was also rather popular back in the day.

I don't think there will be an arc dedicated just to TH getting canceled, but it could feature in an upcoming arc and a few panels/pages dedicated to Shizuka thinking it's "game over" again If any new rivals are going to be introduced, some currently ongoing manga will have to go and Shizuka's will probably be a candidate.

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Yes, really. It's called BUSINESS! Which Jump is very successful at.

Country
    Singapore
    Post Thanks / Like

They are But what I'm saying is that the second season being greenlit is not the reason why the story has to be extended. If you told me a third or fourth season had been greenlit, then yes maybe. But a second season? No, because like I already said, there's more than enough material to make a second season as it is.

Of course, one might say that Shueisha has to keep the hype going by having the manga ongoing as well, but in that case it's just never going to end, especially with the rate at which chapters are being "converted" to episodes (for other Jump series, it's typically 1ep=3ch, but for Bakuman it's like 1ep=1.5ch or less). Besides, Death Note's anime started after the manga ended, so it's not an argument that is necessarily true. Either way, if this keeps up, and more people lose interest, then that's not going to be good for Shueisha either :/

Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member Quaro1987's Avatar
    Country
    Greece
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by saladesu View Post
    Either way, if this keeps up, and more people lose interest, then that's not going to be good for Shueisha either :/
    I don't think Bakuman is that important to Jump's bottomline.

Country
    Singapore
    Post Thanks / Like

It's not as important as One Piece, definitely But it is one of the better sellers in Jump right now - OP, Naruto, Bleach, Reborn, Gintama, Bakuman and Mago are the ones that sell the most right now. If people are going to lose interest and stop reading, surely it is in Jump's interest to find a new series (though the question would be whether they can ) that can take its place rather than keep a series on when its popularity is on the decline.

Anyway, discussion of Bakuman's popularity doesn't belong in the chapter discussion thread, but if you'd like to discuss it further feel free to take it to the hangout

There was a missing page in chapter 124 (was missing in the raw...), pg 13, and it affected part of the translation of pg 3 of 125 as well, albeit very slightly. Please check it out: chapter 124 and 125

I think versions 2s of these 2 chapters should be out by MRI soon enough.
    Last edited by saladesu; March 25, 2011 at 09:59 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Scanlator 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member soDeq05's Avatar
    Country
    Japan
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Bakuman 126 Spoiler Thread

Spoiler PicturesSource: Manga HideOut
    Credits: Luffy-kun
    Verification: Confirmed

http://img638.imageshack.us/i/attachmenteyr.jpg/
    Last edited by saladesu; March 30, 2011 at 11:08 AM. Reason: more than 3 pages
    sing a love song for me
    There are only two ways to live your life. One is as though nothing
    is a miracle. The other is as though everything is a miracle.

(¯`v´¯)
    .`·.¸.·´ ♥
    ¸.·´¸.·´¨) ¸.·*¨)
    (¸.·´ (¸.·´ .·´ ¸    sodeq

My Anime List Profile

11. Thanks 5 Member(s) thanked this post
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Country
    Micronesia
    Post Thanks / Like

^ i am currently enjoying Nana's epic faces. I don't like him as a character, but he's just... very entertaining right now.

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

That guy looks wayyyy too smug. Period.

I don't care if he got #1 in every category. He's still too smug. :P

Looks like things are not over yet. Well, people did think the arc was going too fast.
    Last edited by kagato23; March 30, 2011 at 10:24 AM.

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Looks like Obata trys his best to top every week the last weeks freaky faces of nanami
    This guy is seriously batshit insane

Temp Overlord 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member Kotaku's Avatar
    Country
    Japan
    Post Thanks / Like

Wow! I no buy Jump yet. My convenience store no sell Jump yet. I cannot believe here can see picture of Jump!

I like Nanamine-sensei. He is so cool. Obata-sensei draw Nanamine-sensei face so funny. I always laugh ww

Together our song, we all can helping Japan

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Here's the spoiler:
    I'm not going to got through all the steps because it's too much work. This is a spoiler thread so why do the spoilers need to be hidden? Anyway, the MOD can fix this if they want.

spoiler summaryVerification: Confirmed

Shujin is 120% confident he can win. He explains it basically with "too many cooks in the kitchen ruin the meal." He later says that it's possible to create great manga the way Nanamine does but in order for it to happen, all the advisers would need to be angels and the mangaka would need to be a god.

Meanwhile, Nanamine is reassuring his peeps that the series is doing fine. But Nakai overhears the editor saying how the latest chapter came in 16th. He vows to do something by telling the advisers to try harder!

The advisers have started having meetings without Nanamine where they complain about him. Some doubt he is being honest and are calling him Uso-mine.(Uso=Lie) Some are saying they will quit if he is lying to them. Nakai sneaks in and tells them the real ranking and that they need to work harder. They all quit in disgust with Nanamine's deception. Then Kosugi arrives with the results. PCP=3rd, Yuuigi=19th. Nobody is voting for both of them anymore.

PS:
    Nakai-Hey, wanna go out for dinner?
    Girl Assistant-No way, I don't want people thinking I have a weird dad.
    Last edited by saladesu; March 31, 2011 at 10:28 PM. Reason: format

17. Thanks 8 Member(s) thanked this post
    Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
    Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

Thx, and I think that line from the girl assist. will finally
    knock the sense Nakai has been soo desparately needed ^ ^

So very soon they'll all be allies! Wonder how this arc will end.

New Reply
Page 4 of 29 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 14 ... LastLast