Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (10/13/14 - 10/19/14).
Forum News: The nomination phase of the Community Awards 2014 is live! Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
New Reply
Page 2 of 29 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 ... LastLast

Thread: Bakuman Vol 15 (ch125-ch133) Discussion

in absentia 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity saladesu's Avatar
    Country
    Singapore
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Bakuman 125 Spoiler Thread

Yes, he got most of them after Shinjitsu no Kyoushitsu. Before that he said he only had 5 people. I assume these 5 people were actually IRL friends to him, so maybe they might stick around and help even if the rest don't. Maybe they also have some artistic skill and will help as assistants...?

Either way, it would indeed be ironic if his stuff actually got better with less people... But I don't want that to happen because I get the feeling he'll just let it get to his head and he won't see the correlation between the fact that the rankings rose when people left. He's gonna think one of his methods worked and then think he's awesome.

I don't really think its dumb for Ashirogi to do this. I mean, if they did it without the EIC etc's approval then yeah, that would be very, very dumb. But since they have his approval, I think its okay. After all, it is true that a real head-on battle like this would be the best way to show Nanamine that his method won't cut it against them. Nanamine will really have no excuse if he fails this time.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member fizban's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

I think the best twist possible in this situation is if the EIC took it even further, and got every big series in the magazine to do the same story for the issue. Like the romance cup but all at once and literally the same thing over and over.

I look forward to seeing how this all plays out in the actual chapter. Spoilers for this series are always really short, even though the chapters are super packed full of text.

Country
    Singapore
    Post Thanks / Like

Ooh, that would be interesting indeed But it would probably be next to impossible, especially for series that aren't staged in schools (seems the arc is about some student council president), or if those series are already in the middle of a long arc or something.

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

The theme they are going to compete against each other with is something like "have the unpopular kid somehow win the vote for school president." I'd like to see that in One Piece and Naruto! Though it would probably be pretty boring reading like 15 series with the same theme.

I'm guessing the anti-Kosugi forces will quiet down this week... Dude's putting his "life" on the line to save Nanamine!

Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted FrostyMouse's Avatar
    Country
    Holy Britannian Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

I'm just not in favor of this. I see no point in going head-to-head against Nanamine, especially after what Takagi said at the end of chapter 124.

Nanamine's getting cancelled as it is, so what's the point of risking losing head-to-head? Of course, they'll win, but it's just not a risk that's worth taking. This could be used as a means for Nanamine to regain popularity, but I feel as if he'll just lose anyway...

Anyway, this student council president arc doesn't really seem to fit into either manga. I'm not seeing the "perfect crime" aspect of PCP anymore, and I'm not even sure where Nanamine would go on this one.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member fizban's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Series that aren't set in a school can make it an omake chapter type situation. Like when One Piece goes into Chopperman stuff and everybody is happy.

Wasn't the big Aizen showdown thing supposed to be a war between Soul Society and the Arrancar? People used to talk about it all excitedly, and then we got that disappointing thing where they each took turns fighting one person.

We know that Nanamine's story is tanking, but what about Aoki? I was kind of hoping we'd finally have a series for her that was doing well so she could stay in the magazine while doing something she is passionate about.

Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity LoS's Avatar
    Country
    Isle of Man
    Post Thanks / Like

125 raw is out, surprised the people of MRI haven't scanned it yet, they were on such a fast pace.
    The OG that ran Bleach for near a decade is no more.
    Cheers to a boss villain, I tip my hat to you Aizen

Country
    Singapore
    Post Thanks / Like

The raw is pretty low quality, so from what I understand, we'll have to wait for better quality raws for a scanlation.

However, that didn't stop me from translating, so here be translation

Interesting that Aida and a few others in the editorial division apart from Kosugi and Hattori know about Nanamine's methods now. The problems Nanamine is facing now (leaks etc) are all things we had predicted would happen, and he's in pretty deep shit plus losing his mind and being way too obsessed with defeating Ashirogi. It seems obvious that he's not going to succeed, but with all the emphasis given to Kosugi talking about reforming (sort of) Nanamine, I'm sure Nanamine will see how wrong he is and turn over a new leaf at some point to come.

EDIT: forgot to mention, Hiramaru and Yoshida in this chapter are brilliant :3 I love how Hiramaru was all "I have an idea... My hands won't stop moving!!"
    Last edited by saladesu; March 19, 2011 at 03:24 AM.

9. Thanks 5 Member(s) thanked this post
    MH Senpai 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Knifeshade's Avatar
    Country
    Hong Kong
    Post Thanks / Like

I'm not surprised if Nanamine eventually becomes converted into another "friendly rivalry, encouraging each other" mangaka ala Iwase.

I sort of understand the basis of where the story is heading, but the writing is pretty sloppy this chapter.

Let me get this straight, Nanamine has been beaten to a pulp. And yet this whole "all or nothing" is supposed to "reform him", or bluntly speaking, make him see his methodology is wrong. The way Nanamine's been portrayed this chapter just tells me he has lost all of his ability to think straight.

He's in self denial from the shock of doing so badly. He can't even think clearly. And you expect me to believe after he loses again to Ashirogi one-to-one (I'm predicting loss), he'll 180 and be all like "ZOMG I WAS WRONG, I WILL NOW BECOME A REGULAR MANGAKA".

It's just not written in a very convincing way. This "all or nothing" final fight feels no different to how he was being beat up in Wk 1-5. If Nanamine felt at least one bit of remorse then this set up is a nice finish, but as it stands it's dragging the feet of this arc.

And I haven't really commented much on Kosugi's character during this entire arc, but I have to say he is useless, from this chapter. USELESSSSS. I'm going to have to agree with Reclaimer's constant hatred towards him after this chapter. Kosugi's thinking in this chapter is off the charts mind boggling.

Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity LoS's Avatar
    Country
    Isle of Man
    Post Thanks / Like

Not a fan, really don't like how everyone agreed to have the showdown happen. I can see the merits to the competition via the outcome, but it just doesn't sit well with me.
    The OG that ran Bleach for near a decade is no more.
    Cheers to a boss villain, I tip my hat to you Aizen

Country
    Singapore
    Post Thanks / Like

I think the difference about this battle is just that Nanamine will really have absolutely no excuse if he loses here, since he's doing the same story as Ashirogi are. So it boils down to the difference in their ability as mangaka in executing that same story. I don't exactly like it either, but like LoS I guess I can see the merits of it. It could have been done better, though.

I don't think Nanamine's reformation will be a simple 180 change or that he'll instantly come to his senses. I think he'll be in denial for quite a while. He's already a trainwreck as it is and is totally losing it.

Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted k-dom's Avatar
    Country
    France
    Post Thanks / Like

Do You really think kosugi had Hattori and chief editor agreement on this ? It looks a bit like bluff to me. Hattori could be ok but I can't imagine the discussion with the chief editor without revealing part of the lies that have been made so far

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
    Country
    Philippines
    Post Thanks / Like

15. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

WSJ Pirate Re: Bakuman 125 Spoiler Thread

Aw man, this makes a nasty paradox for me... I want Kosugi to have a job in the future now that he's finally taking a few levels in editor and actually doing something instead of sitting around whining.

But I hate Nanamine all the more for failing to recognize that what he's doing isn't working, and want his crash and burn to be epic, humiliating and final.

But it's being set up so you can't have both!

MH Senpai MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Bakuman Bakuman 126 Discussion / 127 Prediction

This is where you can post all the spoilers for the next chapter of Bakuman!

And remember: NO SPAM, NO FLAME, AND NO SPOILERS OUTSIDE THE SPOILER THREADS. Please respect those that don't want to be spoiled. Thanks.

* Please do not post babelfish/google translations.
    For the most part they are just confusing and wrong. So feel free to do them for your own benefit, but don't post them here.

* Spoiler sources must be publicly open.
    Links to sources where registration is mandatory are not allowed. You may, however, copy and paste or post images from such a source using the format shown below.

* Please post your spoilers in a synoptic manner.

Spoiler: Making a spoiler post synoptic show

* Please do not image tag the complete chapter
    It is okay to image tag some pages of the chapter. Keep it at a minimum (3 pages at most), as soon as you have more: direct link it. The spoiler thread isn't meant to host a scanlation.

* Please discuss the spoilers in this thread and post here when a chapter is out
    Please do not create a new thread for discussion of the chapter - continue the discussion/predictions in this thread itself.

You can discuss the current chapter here and find translations here.
    Last edited by saladesu; March 30, 2011 at 10:57 AM.

18. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
New Reply
Page 2 of 29 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 ... LastLast