Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (10/13/14 - 10/19/14).
Forum News: The nomination phase of the Community Awards 2014 is live! Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Gintama 515 (2)
New Reply
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: How would you like Bakuman to end?

in absentia 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity saladesu's Avatar
    Country
    Singapore
    Post Thanks / Like

How would you like Bakuman to end?

It seems obvious that Bakuman will end with Ashirogi getting an anime and Azuki voicing the heroine. But that's very general, so how would you, personally like to see Bakuman end? What kind of build up towards this ending would you like to see? You can give all the details you want and include your ideal closure for all characters that have appeared

For that matter, how long more do you want Bakuman to run before it ends?

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: How would you like Bakuman to end?

I joined just so I could comment on this I don't know how I want Bakuman to end, but there's a lot of things I'd love to see before the story ends --

1) I want to see Shizuka's character developed. He hasn't shown up in ages now, it would be cool to see him come out of his shell and actually meet the other mangaka.
    2) More causes for Team Fukuda to unite again
    3) More Fukuda period. Ohba sunk my ship by pairing Aoki with Hiramaru, but I don't know how I'll feel if he tries pairing Fukuda off with Iwase or something.
    4) Would love to see Iwase get over Takagi already!
    5) Have Nakai redeem himself.
    6) See Eiji end a manga.

So long as it doesn't harm the story, I'd love for Bakuman to continue for a long time, even several years.
    Last edited by pina; March 15, 2011 at 02:37 AM.

3. Thanks 2 Member(s) thanked this post
    Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member Quaro1987's Avatar
    Country
    Greece
    Post Thanks / Like

Hm. First something must happen that cancels PCP. Perhaps Ashirogi could lose their passion for making PCP, it could drop in the middle of the rankings, but not enough to cancel it, and Eiji can decide to cancel it for them, cause he knows they can do better. Then they get fired up to finally beat him, with a new manga.

Trap was great, but I really find PCP kind of boring

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Country
    Mexico
    Post Thanks / Like

I think it will end with Ashirogi finally getting an anime, Kaya pregnant and the Miho being the V.A. for the heroine of the anime.

What I want to happen:
    -Show real authors! I think we have seen that mangas like DRAGON BALL, Ashita no Joe, ONE PIECE, NARUTO, BLEACH, To Love Ru, Hikaru No Go, REBORN!, TORIKO, etc exist in Bakuman-verse, so a "battle" against a real mangaka would be cool.
    -Show other magazines, I know that the authors can´t add "Weekly Shonen Sunday" or "Weekly Shonen Magazine" but at least they could like make what the anime did instead of "Weekly Shonen JUMP" they changed it to "Weekly Shonen JACK!" maybe "Weekly Shonen Saturday" and "Weekly Shonen Mangazine" would work LOL, anything would work, just to represent the actual magazines, I think this needs to be done when Ashirogi really becomes real popular, imagine PCP "battling" against Detective Conan.. or "Detective Konan" (You get the point)

As for the characters:
    Eiji continues doing his stuff.
    Fukuda moving to Young/ULTRA JUMP?? He seems like he would be better in Seinen where more violence is allowed.
    Aoki and Hiramaru get married.
    Nakai has his own series with a writer.
    Shun gets to know Yoshihiro Takahashi the author of Ginga Nagareboshi Gin, and they talk or something.

The True Ninja MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted jorped's Avatar
    Country
    Portugal
    Post Thanks / Like

I think that bakuman cannot have more than 300 chapters in my oppinion

i really would like to see them doing a manga more interesting than PCP, cuz in the end i want them to be reconignize has one of the best mangakas and i dont really think that PCP can take them to that place.

i want that they managed to achieve their dreams, on this part i am talking more of Mashiro and Azuki and it would be awesome if we saw them being friends with Kishi or Oda , that would be great lol

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

What i really hope to see is Team Fukuda(especially fukuda himself) changing jump to a better magazine. Of course, since the fictional jump can't be different than the real jump it will never happen, but i can still hope, right?^^"

There are also many other things i might want to see, however one other thing is Nakai becoming thin and manly. I actually hoped the next time we would see him he would become this, but as we know that didn't happen. But maybe it might still happen just onscreen.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member SHINOBI-03's Avatar
    Country
    Dubai
    Post Thanks / Like

Hmm... The first thing I have in my mind is Niizuma acknowledging his defeat against Ashirogi Muto. Because they were ((and still)) rivals, and it would be nice to see Niizuma who is used to be at the top to do so.

Another thing is Nakai redeeming himself and actually starts a manga of his own and gets a girlfriend. Especially with his reappearance and how he sunk low as a character.

But the ending scene, I want it to be Mashiro and Azuki's wedding.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member fizban's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

I want the series to end when Eiji turns towards the readers and goes "THE SERIES I WANT TO CANCEL... IS BAKUMAN"

Then people get all freaked out wondering if it is a joke or not but it really is how it ends.

10. Thanks 3 Member(s) thanked this post
    Banned 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Eiji and gang form their own manga company and release the stories that will change the formulation of manga forever. that would be really cool.

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner shen jue's Avatar
    Country
    Sao Tome e Principe
    Post Thanks / Like

It's rather hard, to conjure up an ending to a 'slice-of-life' kind of story.

{and for free, too}

Country
    Singapore
    Post Thanks / Like

It may be hard, but you can still share what are some things YOU personally want to see in Bakuman before it ends

For me, I want to finally see Azuki and Saikou get married. I totally love Shinobi's idea of the ending being their wedding Though, a flash forward to them with kids (likewise for Shuujin and Kaya) would also be cute :3 Even better: Hiramaru and Aoki getting married

Okay, enough marriages. I also would like to see Eiji end a manga. I really hope Ohba hasn't forgotten all about it It would also be nice to see all the characters together again, even those that seem to have been forgotten, like that classmate who dissed Saikou at the start, even Iwase and Fukuda have hardly been shown as of late. I guess something like an award ceremony (or wedding ) would serve this purpose well.

Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member Quaro1987's Avatar
    Country
    Greece
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by saladesu View Post
    I also would like to see Eiji end a manga. I really hope Ohba hasn't forgotten all about it
    Something tells me that they'll just let it slide, and hope the readers forget as well. To me it stinks like at the beginning Bakuman was Miuraized, in other words they had this dumb editor who thought doing every cliche in manga is a good thing, so the manga needed a villain. Kind of like the first season of House M.D where they brought in a villain cause the producers wanted one, but the show was popular either way, so the character left the show.

But Bakuman probably became popular, even though the mangakas decided to make Eiiji a friendly rival, so the idea of Eiji being an enemy was probably dropped.

Country
    Singapore
    Post Thanks / Like

I dunno, I remember the issue being brought up again fairly recently (around ch70+ iirc), and by then Eiji was already more or less a friendly rival, so it shouldn't have been brought up if that was the case. I think it's like an ace Ohba can have Eiji pull out any time, if you would consider it an ace, heh. It really depends on how Ohba chooses to use it if at all Anyway, if you wanna discuss the issue further, you can do so in this thread

Anyway, to me, it's like a plot hole that should be filled. Like I already said, I really hope Ohba didn't forget, or that s/he's hoping that we all forgot

Anyway, something else I would like to see before Bakuman ends is cameos by real mangaka! For example Oda, Kishimoto, Tamura, Shiibashi... Even Ohba and Obata themselves. Of course, we can't really assume that these mangaka and their manga even exist and are running in the Bakuman timeline, but it would still be kinda cool

Country
    Singapore
    Post Thanks / Like

Sooo it looks like Bakuman will be ending fairly soon, and this thread died almost a whole year ago. So here's reviving it

How would you like Bakuman to end now?

What are the things you want to see in Bakuman before it ends? I got my wish, which was to see Eiji end a manga I need to think a little longer before deciding what's #1 on my "want to see before Bakuman ends" list...

MH Senpai 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Knifeshade's Avatar
    Country
    Hong Kong
    Post Thanks / Like

Preferably on a high note. Something touching but not corny. Like several months (or years) later screen. A bit like how FMA ended. What everybody's upto. What WSJ has become (whether it was changed or not as per Fukuda wanted). Even a wide angled shot of the cemetery and Nobuhiro smiling in the sky or something would be nice.
    Last edited by Knifeshade; January 29, 2012 at 03:26 PM.
    -

New Reply
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast