Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (9/22/14 - 9/28/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: One Piece 761 by cnet128 , Bleach 597 (2) , Gintama 511 by kewl0210
New Reply
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: How would you like Bakuman to end?

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner Heike's Avatar
    Country
    Lithuania
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Bakuman 168 Discussion / 169 Predictions

Quote Originally Posted by suicune123 View Post
    I would've love to have seen what happens to the gang in the future, do they have kids? Maybe a movie deal? LOL, anyways maybe a special future chapter would be released once it ends. I intend to buy all the volumes, Bakuman would always be remembered as one of the greats in my opinion. Sad to see it end, but there has been no mention of it being in it's final arc, maybe Obha will throw a spanner in the works! LOL, any ideas? Hahaha.
    Haha I have the exact same plan just still torn on which language to choose (Jap or Eng).

Some people speculate that they will throw some chapters on how they have been living after the marriage and stuff. Seems logical since we know how it turned out for Mashiro's uncle and Miho's mom But because there is no announcement about it ending I'm gonna keep believing we gonna have more than this arc. Unless they plan on mimicking their Reversi strategy - keep the manga's true ending date a secret and then shock the fans Hope they won't do that because I'd be more than shocked.
    We start at a single string, colourless and short. As we grow, it expands, it contracts, stretches or forks. Dependant on the way we spend our lives it becomes a signature like no other, composed solely of one's own dreams.

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member OtakuModeEngage's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

They could do a summery chapter to show their life after marriage as the last chapter, but any more than that is really pushing it. There dreams would be accomplished, so there just wouldn't be anything to drive the story. Do we really need to see an after story, that always corny, and rarely done right. The fact that they marry is inclination enough of a bright and happy future if we base it on their love thus far. I rarely accept when a writer adds to his story after its completion, it just doesn't feel real, because its not in the official story, it doesn't feel official. But simply enough, there would be nowhere to go with it, they've accomplished their dreams, so next they live them out. A story without a conflict is boring and if we try to add a new conflict, it wouldn't be Bakuman anymore, because Bakuman revolves around chasing the dreams of Manga Anime and Marriage.

Ahm... I did say no offense to Pokemon, and I really didn't want to start this argument, because its slightly off topic and people who love something have a tendency to ignore reason and fact when its presented. But to clear everything up, Pokemon covers all the basic requirements to build the foundations of a timeless story; it has an amazing original world, a clear goal for the plot and characters to develop off of, the classic theme of good verses evil, a mascot character to draw in and keep attention, and a great cast of diverse characters. HOWEVER, all these elements gathered as the foundation of a story will come to naught if you DON"T USE THEM. There is NO character or plot development WHATSOEVER in Pokemon, the story DOES NOT move forward towards their goals AT ALL, every episode follows the SAME pattern and plot scheme, and they've DRAGGED OUT the story to the point of TRASHING it. I'm sorry, Inuasha was despicably long too, but that was due to the fillers, the plot of the actual story was always moving towards a climax and conclusion. The same cannot be said for Pokemon. Hagime no Ippo, which is 960 chapters or so, is still interesting because the characters and plot are always moving forward, its not filled with random events that make up the whole of Pokemon, and its chapters are actually connected. That being said, its not impossible to have a ridiculously long anime/manga and still maintain the quality, but Pokemon fails to do so. Story-wise, its crap, plain and simple; running off of past glory and an architect mascot.

Please don't erase this post dear Mangahelper monitors, it has clear relevance to Bakuman in that it is a reference of what we do not want Bakuman, or any good manga for that matter, to become. This is part of the 'Bakuman should end soon argument.' Which is discussed in this thread because there is a clear indication that Bakuman may very well be ending. I understand that it is regardless, slightly off topic, so these will be my last words on the matter.
    Last edited by OtakuModeEngage; February 26, 2012 at 03:05 PM.

3. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member suicune123's Avatar
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Post Thanks / Like
    Wow! Well aren't you opinionated! (And very metaphoric I've noticed ). Not in the mood to argue and besides this forum is about Bakuman! (Is this me succumbing to defeat NEVER!!!) lol. Anyway, maybe a chapter on what happened after would be good, after they marry I know a lot of us would be interested in knowing what goes on the future. About this issue (which is the thread topic) I enjoyed it. I wonder how the otaku in Japan are responding to it, because they could have personal connection to the story, i'm sure their are real life examples of this happening, maybe not seiyuu dating a mangaka, but anyone for that matter!

Ahhh Death Note. If indeed Bakuman is ending, I wonder what Obha's next story will be? I hope it's a romance. lol
    Last edited by Knifeshade; February 26, 2012 at 04:33 PM.

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: How would you like Bakuman to end?

Quote Originally Posted by suicune123 View Post
    Wow! Well aren't you opinionated! (And very metaphoric I've noticed ). Not in the mood to argue and besides this forum is about Bakuman! (Is this me succumbing to defeat NEVER!!!) lol. Anyway, maybe a chapter on what happened after would be good, after they marry I know a lot of us would be interested in knowing what goes on the future. About this issue (which is the thread topic) I enjoyed it. I wonder how the otaku in Japan are responding to it, because they could have personal connection to the story, i'm sure their are real life examples of this happening, maybe not seiyuu dating a mangaka, but anyone for that matter!
    Yeah, one chapter as an after note would be interesting, and would fit well as falling action to close the story. I love how you keep bashing me in those parenthesis, even though I noted I was slightly off topic. lol I loved this chapter too, definitely one of my favorite, and without a doubt a turning point that will either throw Azuki off the frying pan and into the flames, or onto the plate ready to eat. That is to say, this could go either way, having a negative or positive impact on her career; but either way, assertions is the first step to clearing ones image. Even if her popularity hits its all-time low as a result of her proclamation, from this point we will rapidly see her continue to rise back up.

As for real life examples, I posted them on http://mangahelpers.com/forum/showth...dictions/page4
    Last edited by OtakuModeEngage; February 26, 2012 at 09:30 PM.

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member Enn's Avatar
    Country
    Philippines
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by OtakuModeEngage View Post
    They could do a summery chapter to show their life after marriage as the last chapter, but any more than that is really pushing it. There dreams would be accomplished, so there just wouldn't be anything to drive the story. Do we really need to see an after story, that always corny, and rarely done right.
    This reminded me of Rurouni Kenshin's ending. I found it quite nice!

Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
    Country
    Greece
    Post Thanks / Like

A flash forward of 3-4 chapters with the Mashiro and Takagi households with children would be nice. Hattori should finally get a team leader or a vice chief editor at last. I'd also like to see Yoshida succeed in his Nakai "Super Mangaka" project, Aoki trying to persuade Hiramaru to work with a helping hand from Yoshida, Fukuda getting a biker girlfriend and Niizuma getting together with Iwase. That would be fun

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member DoctorApollo's Avatar
    Country
    Israel
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Nognir View Post
    A flash forward of 3-4 chapters with the Mashiro and Takagi households with children would be nice. Hattori should finally get a team leader or a vice chief editor at last. I'd also like to see Yoshida succeed in his Nakai "Super Mangaka" project, Aoki trying to persuade Hiramaru to work with a helping hand from Yoshida, Fukuda getting a biker girlfriend and Niizuma getting together with Iwase. That would be fun
    I'm okay with almost everything you said, but I think that Niizuma getting together with Iwase would ruin both the character of Niizuma and the character of Iwase. Nothing within Niizuma's interests even remotely resembles Iwase. They wouldn't even make it in that "opposites attract" sort of way, she's too one dimensional and flat whereas he's an imaginative genius. They would bore the fuck out of each other.

Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
    Country
    Greece
    Post Thanks / Like

Up to the second sentence I'm serious. I thought I should give a more comical mood afterwards. Of course there's no way Niizuma and Iwase could get together, can you imagine Niizuma with any woman introduced in Bakuman so far? (The closest is Kato, she's into younger men)

But I'd sure like to have a look at the Hiramaru household

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by blade5468 View Post
    I'm okay with almost everything you said, but I think that Niizuma getting together with Iwase would ruin both the character of Niizuma and the character of Iwase. Nothing within Niizuma's interests even remotely resembles Iwase. They wouldn't even make it in that "opposites attract" sort of way, she's too one dimensional and flat whereas he's an imaginative genius. They would bore the fuck out of each other.
    Lol, but while that eliminates any chance of their dating, on the other hand, the fact that she is real and boring, whereas he is a crazy genius, is why they can create amazing manga together. She holds him down in reality, while he lifts her up; thus balance is achieved. A story without realism is too unbelievable to even be enjoyed and likewise, a story that does not derive from the everyday is too boring to drawl and hold readers captivated.
    Last edited by OtakuModeEngage; March 15, 2012 at 11:26 PM.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member hoeru's Avatar
    Country
    Mauritius
    Post Thanks / Like

Today I came up with what I would say would the best end - suggesting the marriage ceremony is in the final chapter of Bakuman.:

Spoiler show

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner Leu's Avatar
    Country
    El Salvador
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: How many chapters left?

Yeah, there is still some stuff unanswered or unfinished, like Hiramaru-Aoki story, what happened to Shiratori (if the author didnt made him aside since he wasnt a good character), what really happend to PCP on the other magazine.

Anyway, I still feel uneasy if it ends now, since they may win to Eiji, but it would be a short lived win.

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
    Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by hoeru View Post
    Today I came up with what I would say would the best end - suggesting the marriage ceremony is in the final chapter of Bakuman.:

Spoiler show
    I actually like that quite a bit as maybe like the final scene, but not as a way to wrap up the series.

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member phudinhcao3's Avatar
    Country
    Vietnam
    Post Thanks / Like

when Ashirogi Muto beat Eiji and become to 1st mangaka

:"> :"> you're Jay Park, i know who you're :">:">

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member DoctorApollo's Avatar
    Country
    Israel
    Post Thanks / Like

also I just realized that it's a bit weird that mangahelpers as a community is people that would only get the volumes of a series in a special case and not normally.

I'm not criticizing, I couldn't care less about piracy and whatever, but looking at it logically, it's weird how it's a COMPLIMENT to Bakuman for us to pay money for the actual volumes, instead of being what one would be expected to do in the first place.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member SHINOBI-03's Avatar
    Country
    Dubai
    Post Thanks / Like

Good Ending: Mashiro and Azuki get married and Ashirogi keep on working to rival Niizuma forever.

Bad Ending: A raging fan comes to the wedding and kills either of Mashiro or Azuki.

17. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
New Reply
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast