Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Celebrate MH's birthday and the RETURN OF MANGA!! Start downloading, translating and scanlating manga HERE - legally!
Like us on Facebook, Follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year of MH and check out our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga: (4/7/14 - 4/13/14).
Site News: Check out our new sections: Nisekoi and Kingdom
Events: Nominate and vote for the winners in the Seinen Awards!
Translations: Gintama 490 by Bomber D Rufi , One Piece 744 by cnet128 , Bleach 576 by cnet128 , Naruto 672 by aegon-rokudo
New Reply
Page 11 of 34 FirstFirst ... 9 10 11 12 13 21 ... LastLast

Thread: Noblesse Hangout Thread

MH Senpai 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Monsterguy's Avatar
    Country
    Slovenia
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Noblesse by SON Jae Ho

Yessssss,
    I was waiting for something like this...

Spoiler show
    Spoiler: sample from originally colourful manhwa Tower of God show

It never ceases to amaze me:
    "How are authors of famous manhwa / manga,... able to create such amazing works???"

2. Like 2 Member(s) likes this post
    Fruits Punch Samurai MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted BBB Banana's Avatar
    Country
    Fun Forum
    Post Thanks / Like

Spoiler show

4. Like 3 Member(s) likes this post
    News Writer 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member Asahina's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

I can't wait to see Rai say one commanding word: KNEEL!

6. Like 4 Member(s) likes this post
    Halfway 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
    Country
    Fun Forum
    Post Thanks / Like

Spoiler show

8. Like 2 Member(s) likes this post
    MH Senpai 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Monsterguy's Avatar
    Country
    Slovenia
    Post Thanks / Like

Translated chapter 187 [ENG] is out !!!
    Spoiler: sample from originally colourful manhwa Tower of God show

It never ceases to amaze me:
    "How are authors of famous manhwa / manga,... able to create such amazing works???"

10. Thanks 3 Member(s) thanked this post
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Freid's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by sabret00the View Post
    Spoiler show
    I'm glad it happened this way.

Rael is a 500+ year old adult noble that has reached his peak in terms of individual strength. In addition to that, he is said to be amongst the strongest of his clan and was also using a soul weapon that contains half the power of his former clan leader. In contrast, M-21, Tao and Takeo have overwhelmingly lower speeds and strength compared to him, despite fighting together.

It's sensible of the author not to allow a noble as powerful, as experienced and as noteworthy as Rael is, to be defeated by three modified humans who are yet to even realize half of their full potential.

Frankestein has also stated previously that Tao and Takeo are not designed for close combat. Tao is designed for 'seizing control of surrounding systems to find out the movement of the enemy and support' his team. His strength basically lies in his tactical ability in order to maximize efficiency in battle.

Takeo is designed 'to shoot his opponents, utilizing his excellent vision' and is basically strongest as a long range fighter.

Up until now, both were fighting the way Frankestein told them they fight best and have been successful. However, last chapter, even their strongest was already rendered futile against Rael when using his soul weapon, so out of desperation, they digressed into fighting the way that they were not designed to fight which Frankestein considered 'the worst possible way'.

After they abandoned what they were purposed for, the battle only had one possible outcome and that is what we saw. If Rael had lost, I would have had trouble understanding it.

In general, I like the way fights are handled in this manhwa. It's clear that the author is writing this manhwa with one foot on the ground, always taking into consideration his ideas for the future, avoiding hastily developing the strength of the protagonists and even the antagonists, which a lot of authors evidently get tempted to do. The result of this battle in particular leaves room for a lot of improvement and development for the three, which is good for the story in the long run.

Overall, it's good that Rael's maximum level of power has been kept out of reach of the three guys, for now.

With all that said, Frankestein appearing may mean that the author is setting the stage up for a rematch between him and Rael.

Gejutel had previously laughed at Rael's undermining statement about Frankestein's strength and basically implied that Frankestein must have fought Rael wearing kid gloves, seeing as he is still alive. However, Rael apparently misunderstood (though, no surprise as Frankestein did look serious) and assumed that Gejutel caught on to the fact that he has a soul weapon. This, to me, foreshadowed a rematch between Frankestein and Rael where Rael will underestimate Frankestein, possibly saying to Rajak something like 'leave this one to me', but he will soon realize what Gejutel really meant - the hard way

On another note, I squealed like a fan girl when I saw Frankestein and Rai
    Predictions: Smoker | One Piece
    Why So Serious?

12. Like 3 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member sabret00the's Avatar
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Freid View Post
    I'm glad it happened this way.

Rael is a 500+ year old adult noble that has reached his peak in terms of individual strength. In addition to that, he is said to be amongst the strongest of his clan and was also using a soul weapon that contains half the power of his former clan leader. In contrast, M-21, Tao and Takeo have overwhelmingly lower speeds and strength compared to him, despite fighting together.

It's sensible of the author not to allow a noble as powerful, as experienced and as noteworthy as Rael is, to be defeated by three modified humans who are yet to even realize half of their full potential.

Frankestein has also stated previously that Tao and Takeo are not designed for close combat. Tao is designed for 'seizing control of surrounding systems to find out the movement of the enemy and support' his team. His strength basically lies in his tactical ability in order to maximize efficiency in battle.

Takeo is designed 'to shoot his opponents, utilizing his excellent vision' and is basically strongest as a long range fighter.

Up until now, both were fighting the way Frankestein told them they fight best and have been successful. However, last chapter, even their strongest was already rendered futile against Rael when using his soul weapon, so out of desperation, they digressed into fighting the way that they were not designed to fight which Frankestein considered 'the worst possible way'.

After they abandoned what they were purposed for, the battle only had one possible outcome and that is what we saw. If Rael had lost, I would have had trouble understanding it.

In general, I like the way fights are handled in this manhwa. It's clear that the author is writing this manhwa with one foot on the ground, always taking into consideration his ideas for the future, avoiding hastily developing the strength of the protagonists and even the antagonists, which a lot of authors evidently get tempted to do. The result of this battle in particular leaves room for a lot of improvement and development for the three, which is good for the story in the long run.

Overall, it's good that Rael's maximum level of power has been kept out of reach of the three guys, for now.

With all that said, Frankestein appearing may mean that the author is setting the stage up for a rematch between him and Rael.

Gejutel had previously laughed at Rael's undermining statement about Frankestein's strength and basically implied that Frankestein must have fought Rael wearing kid gloves, seeing as he is still alive. However, Rael apparently misunderstood (though, no surprise as Frankestein did look serious) and assumed that Gejutel caught on to the fact that he has a soul weapon. This, to me, foreshadowed a rematch between Frankestein and Rael where Rael will underestimate Frankestein, possibly saying to Rajak something like 'leave this one to me', but he will soon realize what Gejutel really meant - the hard way

On another note, I squealed like a fan girl when I saw Frankestein and Rai
    While you're 100% correct in terms of Tao and Takeo. Aren't Werewolves supposed to be on par with the nobiles in terms of strength?
    Last edited by igotthegoods; May 31, 2011 at 08:41 PM. Reason: edited out duplicate post
    *Have you taken a look at Onepunch-Man? You should consider it, it's a great manga!

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Country
    Philippines
    Post Thanks / Like

I expected the trio to be defeated it is too early for them to fight a Noble w/ Soul Weapon...
    Rael will be no where fighting anyone after we see Rai and Frankenstein arrive... I think Rael's clan leader will most likely will know how dangerous Rael and Frankenstein so he will stop Rael's foolishness... And I think Rai and Frankenstein will likely come with Rael's clan leader peacefully because they will be headed to the Leader anyway... It is too early for Rai to be epicly saying kneel knowing that there is a cocky bastard there (Rael)...

15. Like 2 Member(s) likes this post
    The True Ninja MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted jorped's Avatar
    Country
    Portugal
    Post Thanks / Like

While you're 100% correct in terms of Tao and Takeo. Aren't Werewolves supposed to be on par with the nobiles in terms of strength?
    What do you mean by that ?

Though M-21 might have the potential in transforming into an Werewolves, he i still away distant from that .
    The part of his body that he can transform it's nothing compared to what he should in order to become a real Werewolve.

Seeing they loosing makes completely sense to me and i am happy to see that the author didn't make them defeat Rael !
    I can't wait to see Rai in action
    Though Rael's brother seems quite strong and probably much stronger than Rael , i don't quite think that Rai is going to have problem defeating him

I mean he is Rai.

I can't wait for the next chapters

17. Like 2 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Freid's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Although werewolves are comparable in strength to nobles, only in his fully transformed state can M-21 potentially fight Rael on equal grounds. His partial transformation stands no chance.

We shouldn't underestimate Rael. For all intents and purposes, he is a very good representation of the unparalleled strength that has made Nobles such a dominant race. On the other hand, if I were to guess, M-21 has only been exhibiting roughly about one fifth of the power that has made the werewolf race equally as prevalent.

On another note: It's possible, and could potentially make for an even more interesting story if the werewolf heart that M-21 was implanted with belonged to someone highly regarded amongst the werewolf species.

Just like the Nobles, it's likely that there is a hierarchy also established within their race. If so, then it's also possible that those higher in power are able to use unique abilities that are irrespective of the natural skills that all werewolves are inherently able to use, like Rai's ability to control blood.

With that said: The possibility of M-21 having had this heart implanted in him would not only bring more depth to him as a character, but it could also mean that his fully awakened form would grant him unique abilities that could make him special amongst even the other werewolves.
    Predictions: Smoker | One Piece
    Why So Serious?

19. Like 2 Member(s) likes this post
    Country
    Poland
    Post Thanks / Like

I was really impressed how Rajak ignored Rael's soul waepon. For a moment I thought that Rael might usurp his older brother but turns out he's not even a threat. Rajak gives off the vibe of a seasoned killer.

It seems like Rai and Franky were observing the battle from a distance and tried not to interfere.

Now there's a strong possibility that this will end in an EPIC fight, and I'm in favour of that option

21. Like 2 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted k-dom's Avatar
    Country
    France
    Post Thanks / Like

I also like when M-21 told Rael than Regis was a real noblesse and nit him. knowing how they despise each other that well done statement. The last chapters proved he was right on the mark.
    I don't know if the fight will continue. Rael cannot really use his soul weapon in front of his brother and I don't think a Rajak is a match for Rai. I rather expect them to continue their path toward the previous master as if nothing really big happened

23. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Little tocs-Coming Soon 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member thornofcarrion's Avatar
    Country
    Pakistan
    Post Thanks / Like

This chapter gave me chills, while I feared the three would die, I knew his brother would interfere. But what really excited me the most is seeing Rai and Frankenstein at the end of the chapter. The next chapter should be gigantic, fight or not.

25. Like 2 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Host Samurai's Avatar
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

I finally caught up with this awesome Manwha. And I have to admit that most of the characters are awesome in every aspect such as Rai, Frankenstein, Regis to name a few.

I have a theory about Frankenstein origins, whichI want to share with you guys. So far we know that Rai is definetly a Noblesse but what about Frankenstein? He doesn't have the special 'trait' of a Noblesse (the red eyes). Which got me thinking of Gejutel words when he talked to the trio of RK-4 before he left for Lukedonia. He asked them if they wanted power in other words drinking the blood of a Noblesse. What if Rai saved Frankenstein in the past by making a contract with him, this could also explain why Frankenstein is so powerful and why Rai is able to put a seal on his powers. What are your thoughts regarding this matter?

Credits:Shinsatsu

27. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Like 2 Member(s) likes this post
    Country
    Philippines
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Host Samurai View Post
    I finally caught up with this awesome Manwha. And I have to admit that most of the characters are awesome in every aspect such as Rai, Frankenstein, Regis to name a few.

I have a theory about Frankenstein origins, whichI want to share with you guys. So far we know that Rai is definetly a Noblesse but what about Frankenstein? He doesn't have the special 'trait' of a Noblesse (the red eyes). Which got me thinking of Gejutel words when he talked to the trio of RK-4 before he left for Lukedonia. He asked them if they wanted power in other words drinking the blood of a Noblesse. What if Rai saved Frankenstein in the past by making a contract with him, this could also explain why Frankenstein is so powerful and why Rai is able to put a seal on his powers. What are your thoughts regarding this matter?
    Frankenstein origins are one of the biggest mystery this manga had and I doubt it will be revealed anytime soon maybe after this Nobles arc... Because we all know that Rai caught Frankenstein and make him change his ways and I think Frankenstein is a renowned mad scientist in the Noblesse world... The thing is do Frankenstein actually purposely left his experiments documents to be read by humans and will backstab Rai this next few arcs... Because for me Frankenstein had too many secrets Rai didn't know and I think he will be a great villain ^^...

New Reply
Page 11 of 34 FirstFirst ... 9 10 11 12 13 21 ... LastLast