Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Celebrate MH's birthday and the RETURN OF MANGA!! Start downloading, translating and scanlating manga HERE - legally!
Like us on Facebook, Follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year of MH and check out our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga: (4/14/14 - 4/20/14).
Site News: Check out our new sections: Nisekoi and Kingdom
Events: Nominate and vote for the winners in the Seinen Awards!
Translations: Gintama 490 (2)
New Reply
Page 1 of 34 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast

Thread: Noblesse Hangout Thread

Halfway 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
    Country
    Fun Forum
    Post Thanks / Like

Noblesse Noblesse Hangout Thread

Noblesse by SON Jae Ho and LEE Gwang Su

Genre: Action, Fantasy, Adventure

Serialized: Korean Web comic that comes out on Tuesdays in Korea.

Noblesse (노블레스) is an online manhwa written by Son Jae Ho and illustrated by Lee Gwang Su. Noblesse is about a powerful, noble vampire - Cadis Etrama Di Raizel (also called Rai) - who has been asleep for 820 years with no knowledge of mankind's advancement and scientific successes. He has recently woken up in an abandoned building in South Korea[1]. He is starting to get used to the modern world, often with the much-needed help of his loyal servant, Frankenstein. Rai enrolls in Ye Ran high school and inadvertently befriended Shinwoo - an athletic teenager, Ik-Han - a computer geek, Yuuna and a few others. Noblesse follows the group's often dangerous adventures against a secret organization while uncovering Rai's past. (Source: Wiki)

You can read the offical chapters for free on the offical site here.

Spoiler: Characters show
    Last edited by phio_chan; August 15, 2011 at 10:40 AM.

2. Thanks 5 Member(s) thanked this post
    Translator 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member Kyouria's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Noblesse Web Manhwa

T/N: As I am not familiar with this story or its characters, some names, locations, and scenarios (references to past chapters) may be incorrect or faulty. I also didn't add who-said-what: so I apologize

Translation: MF

4. Thanks 2 Member(s) thanked this post
    Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
    Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Noblesse by SON Jae Ho

great webcomic, would recommend to anyone who hasn't read it yet.

6. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member sabret00the's Avatar
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Post Thanks / Like

Why is this marked as complete? Last I checked they were far from.
    *Have you taken a look at Onepunch-Man? You should consider it, it's a great manga!

8. Thanks 2 Member(s) thanked this post
    MH Senpai MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by sabret00the View Post
    Why is this marked as complete? Last I checked they were far from.
    It's not complete? Oh, I'll change the status then. I was going by what is stated in the MH Database.

EDIT: Just FYI - The database has now been updated to correctly say that the series is ongoing.
    Last edited by Tsukisama; March 15, 2011 at 09:08 PM.

10. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Country
    Fun Forum
    Post Thanks / Like

Cool Re: Noblesse by SON Jae Ho

Thanks for the fix, Tsuki <3 and yeah its still an ongoing series.

current chapter 176.

Forbidden / Ban area

I think the previous lord must have placed a ban of entry to the mansion since Rai was missing. He probably didn't want anyone going around there.

I must say that was one huge mansion. Does it look similar to the emblem on the school uniform that Rai and the kids wear?

Too bad it was a night scene. Regi's reaction were pretty amusing to see. The lock or entry system to the mansion was also intriguing.

So now its pretty much given that its Rai's home. Wonder just how much of a "big shot" he really is. The central order guys were pretty funny. I felt sorry for them, when they were attacked.

So many questions remain, looks forward to next week.

Thank again to Kyouria for doing an excellent translation fast.

I also checked out the other series you mentioned here. Seems pretty cool, and the art work is beautiful too.

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
    Country
    France
    Post Thanks / Like

Chapter 176 was good, the comedy was fun, the storytelling is, as usual, very good but i REALLY wonder how Tao and co. will be able to join Rai, Frankenstein & Regis, but the one thing i am sure is that i'll be lmao when they do! ^^

13. Thanks 2 Member(s) thanked this post
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Post Thanks / Like

Filler chapter really, let's hope the following chapters are good enough.
    *Have you taken a look at Onepunch-Man? You should consider it, it's a great manga!

15. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Country
    Fun Forum
    Post Thanks / Like

Filler chapter really, let's hope the following chapters are good enough.
    Maybe thats why the fans on naver keep giving lower ratings for some of the recent chapters. Kind of disappointing but I'm still enjoying it.

What do you think the cross signifies? Any guess as to who Rai might be from this chapters revelation that he's the owner of that mansion.

Country
    United Kingdom
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Charlie View Post
    Maybe thats why the fans on naver keep giving lower ratings for some of the recent chapters. Kind of disappointing but I'm still enjoying it.

What do you think the cross signifies? Any guess as to who Rai might be from this chapters revelation that he's the owner of that mansion.
    I wouldn't be surprised. I know we can't have huge revelations or action every chapter. But there's nothing happening which we didn't already know beforehand. And when we used to get chapters like this, we'd get a funny joke at the end of the chapter, but the jokes have been dry of late.

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
    Country
    France
    Post Thanks / Like

I wouldn't be surprised. I know we can't have huge revelations or action every chapter. But there's nothing happening which we didn't already know beforehand. And when we used to get chapters like this, we'd get a funny joke at the end of the chapter, but the jokes have been dry of late.
    Well, let's just hope that this slow pace is just the set up for some great action (or at least some badass fights ... ), i have mixed feelings about the current ruler i can't tell if she's evil or not...

As for the humor i still have my fair share of laugh every chapter, i liked the central order guys in the latest one for instance.

Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted k-dom's Avatar
    Country
    France
    Post Thanks / Like

At least it changes from the ramen joke...
    I don't know about you but what I like in this webcomics is the frame architecture. With these long vertical bands that makes a great and original design. That's the first corean manga I read so maybe it's more standard than I thought
    As for the current chapter, I don't know if we should expect big fights. There is this story of betrayal but I don't see how the 3 humans can expect to win against the nobles

20. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Country
    Fun Forum
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by k-dom View Post
    At least it changes from the ramen joke...
    I don't know about you but what I like in this webcomics is the frame architecture. With these long vertical bands that makes a great and original design. That's the first Korean manga I read so maybe it's more standard than I thought
    As for the current chapter, I don't know if we should expect big fights. There is this story of betrayal but I don't see how the 3 humans can expect to win against the nobles

Perhaps its too much to say that against clan leaders but maybe they can stand up to the ones lower than them. Franky has upgraded them a lot to be able to stand up to Rael at the very least.

I think Rai is going to offer the cross from his mansion to the current Lord as a tribute for the passing away of her father the previous Lord.

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
    Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

I think the cross might be his soul weapon or some equivalent. Or some leader identifying badge. Rai was the previous leader, it was hinted at few times, and i think proven with Frankenstein and Getajul (sp?).

Another thing i realized is that Regis is actually strong and held in high regards compared to the other nobles. And if you remember D5 and Regis were somewhat equal in a one on one fight, and since M21 was also able to keep up with D5 for awhile as well. Then the 6 of them (rai/frank/regis/tao/takao/m21) are all pretty strong and should be able to hold their own in coming chapters.

Deciding factors will probably come down to soul weapons, and how much the experiments/training has progressed them. And if they have any Aces.
    Last edited by tehgrim; March 20, 2011 at 01:15 PM.

23. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Country
    Fun Forum
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by tehgrim View Post
    I think the cross might be his soul weapon or some equivalent. Or some leader identifying badge. Rai was the previous leader, it was hinted at few times, and i think proven with Frankenstein and Getajul (sp?).

Another thing i realized is that Regis is actually strong and held in high regards compared to the other nobles. And if you remember D5 and Regis were somewhat equal in a one on one fight, and since M21 was also able to keep up with D5 for awhile as well. Then the 6 of them (rai/frank/regis/tao/takao/m21) are all pretty strong and should be able to hold their own in coming chapters.

Deciding factors will probably come down to soul weapons, and how much the experiments/training has progressed them. And if they have any Aces.
    I think you might be on to something there are a lot of options currently available for the cross. If Regis goes under the coming of age ceremony, I wonder how much stronger he will be. Not having done so yet, appeared to be a problem as he stated in that match against D5 boss Krantz.

If Rai was the leader before then it would have been before the previous lord went to sleep. I may be thinking too much on it but Rai might be Royalty (looking at that huge mansion).

I read back on some of the chapters and one thing that Rai mentions after awakening is that he asks Franky if he's become a clan leader yet. I would think that to even consider being a clan leader, one must have a clan? So what's his family / clan background?

Thought that was interesting.

What I currently think about what the cross is quoted from the post above.

I think Rai is going to offer the cross from his mansion to the current Lord as a tribute for the passing away of her father the previous Lord.
    Last edited by Charlie; March 20, 2011 at 10:22 PM. Reason: edit: update

New Reply
Page 1 of 34 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast