Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (9/8/14 - 9/14/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Gintama 510 (2) , Naruto 692 by aegon-rokudo , Bleach 595 by BadKarma
New Reply
Page 31 of 38 FirstFirst ... 21 29 30 31 32 33 ... LastLast

Thread: Noblesse Hangout Thread

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner Kurien's Avatar
    Country
    Australia
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Noblesse Hangout Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Jammin View Post
    A little over 2 years for me. I caught up to releases about the same time Rael showed up been with it ever since.

So what would you say you like most about Noblesse Kurien? The action, the characters, the humor?
    Now Rael is a really intriguing character for me, not to mention his character design is awesome.

I'm going for the excellent balance between comical humour, plot development and character design!
    "There are 10 types of people in this world. Those who understand binary, and those who don't."

Do you enjoy Noblesse? Come and check out the ONLY Noblesse forum, right here at Lukedonia.com - see you there!

Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted lawlett-kun's Avatar
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Post Thanks / Like

I also started over 2 years ago! Have to admit until like chapter 40 and the girst time Rai used mind control I was about to drop it. Glad I didnt

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner Kurien's Avatar
    Country
    Australia
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by lawlett-kun View Post
    Have to admit until like chapter 40 and the girst time Rai used mind control I was about to drop it. Glad I didnt
    I myself was about to drop it well before that point, but Shinwoo's character kept me reading, to be honest. He's the human star of the early chapters!
    "There are 10 types of people in this world. Those who understand binary, and those who don't."

Do you enjoy Noblesse? Come and check out the ONLY Noblesse forum, right here at Lukedonia.com - see you there!

4. Like 2 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member strixflash's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

For those with whom I forgot to share (Sorry!):

Rael and Franken
    http://m.site.naver.com/03wGq

Grandia
    http://m.site.naver.com/03wGz

Seira and Rozaria
    http://m.site.naver.com/03wHa

The Throne Room
    http://m.site.naver.com/03wGQ
    Last edited by strixflash; September 17, 2013 at 11:17 AM.

Noblesse Forever!

Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted lawlett-kun's Avatar
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by strixflash View Post

Rael and Franken

Grandia

Seira and Rozaria

The Throne Room
    wait is this like official anime or just like fan made? i know its korean ^^

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
    Country
    Czech Republic
    Post Thanks / Like

I think it's derived from trailer for season 3 (or 4? I have quite a mess in them ) of a manhwa. But it was mistaken for an anime ...

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

They are official. A teaser was released for Season 3 books which most of you have seen. The videos I posted are the ones available when you purchase the books.

Quote Quote:

Rael and Franken

Grandia

Seira and Rozaria

The Throne Room
    ---------- Post added October 10, 2013 at 08:32 PM ---------- Previous post was September 18, 2013 at 02:25 PM ----------

Naver is considering publishing its webtoons in other languages:

http://english.etnews.com/policy/2841860_1302.html

Noblesse Forever!

Light and Shadow 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member naruto-niichan's Avatar
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Well I just talked with Son Je-ho and Lee Gwang-su at the Frankfurt Fair. They were really nice guys, especially Je-ho was was incredibly friendly and asked me lots of questions After asking them, they told me that they want to release Noblesse with english text as well, as soon as possible \o/

---------- Post added at 07:11 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:10 PM ----------

Some pictures of the two and more will follow later

10. Thanks 3 Member(s) thanked this post
    Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    MH's Best Reviewer MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Jammin's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by naruto-niichan View Post
    Well I just talked with Son Je-ho and Lee Gwang-su at the Frankfurt Fair. They were really nice guys, especially Je-ho was was incredibly friendly and asked me lots of questions After asking them, they told me that they want to release Noblesse with english text as well, as soon as possible \o/

---------- Post added at 07:11 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:10 PM ----------

Sweet! How big were they there in terms of popularity? And how big was the manwha following there?

I really hope Naver does releases in English too. Series like Noblesse and ToG could do so well. Especially if they created an ipad app or something. I know I have several friends who would immediately become more interested. Mainly because, among comics fans in the United States, manga and fantranslations seem to carry a certain stigma that webtoons don't. They sort of expect that kind of thing to be like One Piece or something (And to be fair, a pretty large portion of it is).

English webtoons are viewed differently here. More like indie comics. Which gives them an irrational boost among most of the western comic fans I know.
    Last edited by Jammin; October 12, 2013 at 12:55 PM.
    Jammin's Recommended Reading
    The Gamer [Esp. for Everybody]
    I Don't Want This Kind of Hero [Esp. for Superhero/Comedy fans]
    Girls of the Wild's [Esp. for Romance/Martial Arts fans.]
    Ultimate Legend: Kang Hae Hyo [Esp. for Delinquent/Comedy fans]
    Otogi Taisen Fantasma [Esp. for Harem Fans]

12. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Halfway 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
    Country
    Fun Forum
    Post Thanks / Like

Alls I can say is.... WOW!!
    Can't wait to see the pictures!!

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Share the pics please! Please tell every little detail!

Noblesse Forever!

Light and Shadow 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member naruto-niichan's Avatar
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Jammin View Post
    Sweet! How big were they there in terms of popularity? And how big was the manwha following there?

I really hope Naver does releases in English too. Series like Noblesse and ToG could do so well. Especially if they created an ipad app or something. I know I have several friends who would immediately become more interested. Mainly because, among comics fans in the United States, manga and fantranslations seem to carry a certain stigma that webtoons don't. They sort of expect that kind of thing to be like One Piece or something (And to be fair, a pretty large portion of it is).

English webtoons are viewed differently here. More like indie comics. Which gives them an irrational boost among most of the western comic fans I know.
    Hmm, I think there was an equal amount of fans on both sides. SIU and the author of God of Highschool signed their webtoons from 2 - 4 PM and Je-ho and Gwang-su from 4 - 6 PM. The popularity prolly was bigger than what they expected, because the korean helpers/staffers were really like "Oh wtf, more than 50?" I think around 100 people got their book signed (100 for Tog/God of Highschool and 100 for Noblesse). Prolly would have been more, but they couldn't handle more in 2 hours. As you will see later, there was a really big amount of people there, way more than what I actually expected too, and a korean TV station interviewed a few fans and filmed some stuff. I wasn't interviewed because that usually only happened to a few of the 20 first people, but they filmed us for quite a long time, so I guess I'm on korean TV too haha
    Even though I always got there 30 minutes early, there already was a big amount of people. I was the 21 person to get my Tog/God of Highschool books signed (prolly took 45 minutes) and the 57 person to get my Noblesse book signed (waited freaking one and a half hours but worth it). So yeah, I think you can imagine that the event was quite popular on both sides.

Btw one of the girls interviewed (I have a pic of her too), told the station that she read part of Noblesse on the web and I was like "Goddamn, not good". I was really careful with what I told SIU and Je-ho and people like her could create some trouble. Korean's didn't seem all that pleased either, but they only talked about it in korean, so who knows what exactly they thought about it. They definitely knew about it to some extent, because the interviewer especially asked if she reads it on the net.

And I think there is quite some potential, yeah. They seem to be seriously interested to translate their works, so we can expect something I believe.

Quote Originally Posted by Charlie View Post
    Alls I can say is.... WOW!!
    Can't wait to see the pictures!!
    Quote Originally Posted by strixflash View Post
    Share the pics please! Please tell every little detail!
    I will upload the first badge in an hour or two, promise

16. Thanks 2 Member(s) thanked this post
    Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member Mister K's Avatar
    Country
    Spain
    Post Thanks / Like

Btw one of the girls interviewed (I have a pic of her too), told the station that she read part of Noblesse on the web and I was like "Goddamn, not good". I was really careful with what I told SIU and Je-ho and people like her could create some trouble. Korean's didn't seem all that pleased either, but they only talked about it in korean, so who knows what exactly they thought about it. They definitely knew about it to some extent, because the interviewer especially asked if she reads it on the net.

this is bad

MH's Best Reviewer MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Jammin's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mister K View Post

this is bad
    I think it should be alright since they launched an offical english scanlation site of their very own. With that in mind it should all work out.

All the scanlators have been very supportive of the series, so I have to imagine that if when the Naver Webtoon gets starts doing current releases EGS and MangaCow will likely taper off releases anyhow. So it's probably going to become a moot point fairly soon.
    Jammin's Recommended Reading
    The Gamer [Esp. for Everybody]
    I Don't Want This Kind of Hero [Esp. for Superhero/Comedy fans]
    Girls of the Wild's [Esp. for Romance/Martial Arts fans.]
    Ultimate Legend: Kang Hae Hyo [Esp. for Delinquent/Comedy fans]
    Otogi Taisen Fantasma [Esp. for Harem Fans]

19. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Halfway 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
    Country
    Fun Forum
    Post Thanks / Like

I've read some of the official translation chapters - seems decent enough although Reijar's name.
    I thought the webtoon raw had it as Raizel or there was some place where the artist mentioned it that way...?

New Reply
Page 31 of 38 FirstFirst ... 21 29 30 31 32 33 ... LastLast