Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Celebrate MH's birthday and the RETURN OF MANGA!! Start downloading, translating and scanlating manga HERE - legally!
Like us on Facebook, Follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year of MH and check out our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga: (4/7/14 - 4/13/14).
Site News: Check out our new sections: Nisekoi and Kingdom
Events: Nominate and vote for the winners in the Seinen Awards!
Translations: Gintama 490 by Bomber D Rufi
New Reply
Page 29 of 34 FirstFirst ... 19 27 28 29 30 31 ... LastLast

Thread: Noblesse Hangout Thread

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
    Country
    Czech Republic
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Noblesse Hangout Thread

I think it's derived from trailer for season 3 (or 4? I have quite a mess in them ) of a manhwa. But it was mistaken for an anime ...

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member strixflash's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

They are official. A teaser was released for Season 3 books which most of you have seen. The videos I posted are the ones available when you purchase the books.

Quote Quote:
    For those with whom I forgot to share (Sorry!):

Rael and Franken
    http://m.site.naver.com/03wGq

Grandia
    http://m.site.naver.com/03wGz

Seira and Rozaria
    http://m.site.naver.com/03wHa

The Throne Room
    http://m.site.naver.com/03wGQ
    ---------- Post added October 10, 2013 at 08:32 PM ---------- Previous post was September 18, 2013 at 02:25 PM ----------

Naver is considering publishing its webtoons in other languages:

http://english.etnews.com/policy/2841860_1302.html

Noblesse Forever!

Uchuujin 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member naruto-niichan's Avatar
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Well I just talked with Son Je-ho and Lee Gwang-su at the Frankfurt Fair. They were really nice guys, especially Je-ho was was incredibly friendly and asked me lots of questions After asking them, they told me that they want to release Noblesse with english text as well, as soon as possible \o/

---------- Post added at 07:11 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:10 PM ----------

Some pictures of the two and more will follow later

4. Thanks 3 Member(s) thanked this post
    Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    MH's Best Reviewer 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Jammin's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by naruto-niichan View Post
    Well I just talked with Son Je-ho and Lee Gwang-su at the Frankfurt Fair. They were really nice guys, especially Je-ho was was incredibly friendly and asked me lots of questions After asking them, they told me that they want to release Noblesse with english text as well, as soon as possible \o/

---------- Post added at 07:11 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:10 PM ----------

Sweet! How big were they there in terms of popularity? And how big was the manwha following there?

I really hope Naver does releases in English too. Series like Noblesse and ToG could do so well. Especially if they created an ipad app or something. I know I have several friends who would immediately become more interested. Mainly because, among comics fans in the United States, manga and fantranslations seem to carry a certain stigma that webtoons don't. They sort of expect that kind of thing to be like One Piece or something (And to be fair, a pretty large portion of it is).

English webtoons are viewed differently here. More like indie comics. Which gives them an irrational boost among most of the western comic fans I know.
    Last edited by Jammin; October 12, 2013 at 12:55 PM.
    Jammin's Recommended Reading
    The Gamer [Esp. for RPG fans]
    Black Haze [Esp. for Fairy Tail fans]
    Geukji High [Esp. for Kenichi fans.]
    Divine Bells [Esp. for Action/Comedy fans]
    Dragons Rioting [Esp. for Ecchi fans]

6. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Halfway 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
    Country
    Fun Forum
    Post Thanks / Like

Alls I can say is.... WOW!!
    Can't wait to see the pictures!!

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member strixflash's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Share the pics please! Please tell every little detail!

Noblesse Forever!

Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Jammin View Post
    Sweet! How big were they there in terms of popularity? And how big was the manwha following there?

I really hope Naver does releases in English too. Series like Noblesse and ToG could do so well. Especially if they created an ipad app or something. I know I have several friends who would immediately become more interested. Mainly because, among comics fans in the United States, manga and fantranslations seem to carry a certain stigma that webtoons don't. They sort of expect that kind of thing to be like One Piece or something (And to be fair, a pretty large portion of it is).

English webtoons are viewed differently here. More like indie comics. Which gives them an irrational boost among most of the western comic fans I know.
    Hmm, I think there was an equal amount of fans on both sides. SIU and the author of God of Highschool signed their webtoons from 2 - 4 PM and Je-ho and Gwang-su from 4 - 6 PM. The popularity prolly was bigger than what they expected, because the korean helpers/staffers were really like "Oh wtf, more than 50?" I think around 100 people got their book signed (100 for Tog/God of Highschool and 100 for Noblesse). Prolly would have been more, but they couldn't handle more in 2 hours. As you will see later, there was a really big amount of people there, way more than what I actually expected too, and a korean TV station interviewed a few fans and filmed some stuff. I wasn't interviewed because that usually only happened to a few of the 20 first people, but they filmed us for quite a long time, so I guess I'm on korean TV too haha
    Even though I always got there 30 minutes early, there already was a big amount of people. I was the 21 person to get my Tog/God of Highschool books signed (prolly took 45 minutes) and the 57 person to get my Noblesse book signed (waited freaking one and a half hours but worth it). So yeah, I think you can imagine that the event was quite popular on both sides.

Btw one of the girls interviewed (I have a pic of her too), told the station that she read part of Noblesse on the web and I was like "Goddamn, not good". I was really careful with what I told SIU and Je-ho and people like her could create some trouble. Korean's didn't seem all that pleased either, but they only talked about it in korean, so who knows what exactly they thought about it. They definitely knew about it to some extent, because the interviewer especially asked if she reads it on the net.

And I think there is quite some potential, yeah. They seem to be seriously interested to translate their works, so we can expect something I believe.

Quote Originally Posted by Charlie View Post
    Alls I can say is.... WOW!!
    Can't wait to see the pictures!!
    Quote Originally Posted by strixflash View Post
    Share the pics please! Please tell every little detail!
    I will upload the first badge in an hour or two, promise

10. Thanks 2 Member(s) thanked this post
    Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member Mister K's Avatar
    Country
    Spain
    Post Thanks / Like

Btw one of the girls interviewed (I have a pic of her too), told the station that she read part of Noblesse on the web and I was like "Goddamn, not good". I was really careful with what I told SIU and Je-ho and people like her could create some trouble. Korean's didn't seem all that pleased either, but they only talked about it in korean, so who knows what exactly they thought about it. They definitely knew about it to some extent, because the interviewer especially asked if she reads it on the net.

this is bad

MH's Best Reviewer 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Jammin's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mister K View Post

this is bad
    I think it should be alright since they launched an offical english scanlation site of their very own. With that in mind it should all work out.

All the scanlators have been very supportive of the series, so I have to imagine that if when the Naver Webtoon gets starts doing current releases EGS and MangaCow will likely taper off releases anyhow. So it's probably going to become a moot point fairly soon.
    Jammin's Recommended Reading
    The Gamer [Esp. for RPG fans]
    Black Haze [Esp. for Fairy Tail fans]
    Geukji High [Esp. for Kenichi fans.]
    Divine Bells [Esp. for Action/Comedy fans]
    Dragons Rioting [Esp. for Ecchi fans]

13. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Halfway 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
    Country
    Fun Forum
    Post Thanks / Like

I've read some of the official translation chapters - seems decent enough although Reijar's name.
    I thought the webtoon raw had it as Raizel or there was some place where the artist mentioned it that way...?

Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity FrostyMouse's Avatar
    Country
    Holy Britannian Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

NN, how was their English?

Spoiler show

Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by FrostyMouse View Post
    NN, how was their English?
    They didn't say much besides some usual phrases like "Thank you", "Nice to see you" and stuff. Like with SIU, they had a translator. You tell the translator something in german, and she translates it for the two. They answer something in korean, and she translates for you Probably was done to make things easier and more fluid, but the few words they said sounded fine, without any weird dialect.

Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity FrostyMouse's Avatar
    Country
    Holy Britannian Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

They didn't say much besides some usual phrases like "Thank you", "Nice to see you" and stuff. Like with SIU, they had a translator. You tell the translator something in german, and she translates it for the two. They answer something in korean, and she translates for you Probably was done to make things easier and more fluid, but the few words they said sounded fine, without any weird dialect.
    Ah, I see. That's a little disappointing in some ways. Did they teach the manhwakas any German or was it just a few English phrases and then the translators.

Thanks for the info.

Spoiler show

Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Dunno, I doubt they knew any german words. It really was only a few english sentences, the translator translated 90% of the time.

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
    Country
    Storm's End
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Quote:
    1. When did I said that Lord was not being rude? o.o She was indeed rude because she thought he was a traitor who was responsible for things that took place 500 years ago. And why shpuld Rai punidh her for the treachery of past clan leaders? It has been hinted many times that the treachery started long before Previous Lord entered his sleep. Heck Rai himself faced betrsyal by their hands 820 years ago.

You are really confused about the meaning of Noblesse. Please re-read Ch.236. Rai didn't contributed to Lukedonia's force but he was their protector as well. Franky said that Rai protects nobles but his greater role was to guard the meaning of nobles' existence.

So there is no plothole. Rai indeed can't stand mockery and disrespect as we have seen with Jake & The Infected. He knew what needed to be known about them... He also punished 10th for looking down at him.

2. Did you read my statement clearly? I was talking about the berserk franly in Korea and not the one we saw after 10 years of his arrival in Lukedonia. Remember when Franky went berserk first time he was much easily defeated during the battle with Gejutel and Rajar? (The illustration for berserk Franky has evolved over time as we have seen in Season 3, Season 5). And the current berserk Franky was giving an equal stand more or less to 5th who is on same level as that of traitors. The past and present are different. How can you compare two fights which took place on a gap of around 1000 years? You forgot the fact that Franky's current strength is thanks to the batttle experience he gained by fighting all clan leaders... the one we saw only had 10 years of experience and that too only with Gejutel and Rajar. Afterwards he started fighting other leaders as well.

So I doubt you can even call them plotholes.
    1. Even though the betrayel already started 820 years ago. We have to note that the traitors only had the guts to turn their back on Lukedonia and the Noble lifestyle after the Lord entered eternal sleep. Which says a lot. The clan leaders were scared shitless of the Lord cause they knew that the old lord wouldn't hesitate to punish them harshly. But what did Raskeria do? Did she even try to stop them? I mean there was no mention of the clan betrayers fighting against the new ones. So this could mean that Raskeria let them leave without doing anything.

Like I said Jake and co. wouldn't have behaved like that if they knew who Rai is. Look at how well behaved Urokai,Zarga and the 5th elder were when Rai arrived.Hell the 5th elder turned from a fighting maniac into a lap dog who was afraid to even bark.
    Th 5th elder like the lord behaved like jake and didn't even get a warning. She killed humans, injured Frankenstein, wanted to kill Rajak etc.

Like I said which crime is more fatal: One done knowingly or one which is don unknowingly?

What did Rai know about the Infected and jake? Hell the infected was turned against his will into a monster and we don't know Jake's story.

New Reply
Page 29 of 34 FirstFirst ... 19 27 28 29 30 31 ... LastLast