Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (8/18/14 - 8/24/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Gintama 507 by Bomber D Rufi
New Reply
Page 35 of 38 FirstFirst ... 25 33 34 35 36 37 ... LastLast

Thread: Noblesse Hangout Thread

MH's Best Reviewer 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Jammin's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Noblesse Hangout Thread

Man, what a rough week.

No Tower of God due to SUI having an appointment about his wrist and now Noblesse is going to be on a health related hiatus for an "intermediate" amount of time. I need to send whoever writes "The Gamer" some vitamins or something; before it's too late.
    Jammin's Recommended Reading
    The Gamer [Esp. for Everybody]
    I Don't Want This Kind of Hero [Esp. for Superhero/Comedy fans]
    Girls of the Wild's [Esp. for Romance/Martial Arts fans.]
    Ultimate Legend: Kang Hae Hyo [Esp. for Delinquent/Comedy fans]
    Otogi Taisen Fantasma [Esp. for Harem Fans]

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Country
    India
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Jammin View Post
    Man, what a rough week.

No Tower of God due to SUI having an appointment about his wrist and now Noblesse is going to be on a health related hiatus for an "intermediate" amount of time. I need to send whoever writes "The Gamer" some vitamins or something; before it's too late.
    Lol. You do that.

Even one piece is on break. :/

Country
    North Pole
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by sameel View Post
    So no chap this week either? Get well soon author-san.
    You mean... author-nim, hahaha.

4. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Country
    Storm's End
    Post Thanks / Like

I only hope Noblesse won't end up like D.Grayman. This week really is a bad week. It started with the Breaker taking a break last week,then no OP,no Noblesse and so on.

It is only the author that is ill right? The artist isn't ill?

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mohsen View Post
    I only hope Noblesse won't end up like D.Grayman. This week really is a bad week. It started with the Breaker taking a break last week,then no OP,no Noblesse and so on.

It is only the author that is ill right? The artist isn't ill?
    I was under the impression that it's Lee Gwang-Su who is having the health problems. He's Noblesse's artist. Son Jae-Ho is the writer and as far as I know he's healthy.

Being the artist on a comic, or two comics in the case of Lee Gwang-Su (Ability, which I irrationally blame for this), is a very taxing thing. That being said I have no idea if the illness is work related or just something that came up. For all i know he could have broken his hand playing racquetball or something but whatever is going on does seem to be a bit more than a standard hiatus. Especially with the way Ability was put on hiatus a few weeks before. Which makes it seems to me like they were trimming down the artist's workload.

Katsura Hoshino (the author and artist of D. Grayman) had a pretty impressive string of bad luck. That kind of thing can happen to anybody so it's always a risk but I wouldn't be too concerned for Noblesse as the series has been around for almost 7 years and this is the first problem like this. So even if this Hiatus needs to be stretched out to a few months or so I don't really see it as a big deal. This has almost no risk of being like Berserk or HunterXHunter where long hiatus' are frequent and endless.

So nothing to do but be patient (or in my case read more series) and send our best wishes for a speedy and full recovery.

---------- Post added at 12:14 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:05 AM ----------

That and maybe see how the author and artist of The Gamer feels about being covered head to toe in bubble wrap and loaded full of a combination of vitamin C and antibiotics as a precaution.

Also maybe spritz them with holy water a few times a day; can't be too careful but we can damn well try.
    Last edited by Jammin; March 18, 2014 at 11:19 PM.

7. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Noblesse Chapter 319 Spoiler Thread *The delay due to illness has been extended"*

Good god please don't turn into Nana....

Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted FrostyMouse's Avatar
    Country
    Holy Britannian Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Noblesse Chapter 319 Spoiler Thread *The delay due to illness has been extended"*

Get well soon is all I can say...

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member Mister K's Avatar
    Country
    Spain
    Post Thanks / Like

Artist has to be seriously ill. Hope he'll get well soon.

MH Senpai 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Wowzers's Avatar
    Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

I don't know about serious, at least let's hope not. You can be out for a few weeks with the flu without much trouble. There are other ways to be out of it without it being serious.... OH NO!!! I just realized... Rai was the actual author!!! He only had a week left so we'll be stuck with someone else writing the end.

12. Like 3 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member Mister K's Avatar
    Country
    Spain
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Wowzers View Post
    I don't know about serious, at least let's hope not. You can be out for a few weeks with the flu without much trouble. There are other ways to be out of it without it being serious.... OH NO!!! I just realized... Rai was the actual author!!! He only had a week left so we'll be stuck with someone else writing the end.
    In such case Muzaka should write the end

14. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Wowzers View Post
    I have an alternate theory.

I think maybe a stray shot in the fight between Karias and the 3rd Elder and the Lady Werewolf crossed over the fourth wall and came through the window of Lee Gwang-Su's apartment. See this is why constantly blowing up South Korea was a bad idea. Now he's probably stuck in body cast in a hospital room somewhere watching daytime soap operas.
    Last edited by Jammin; March 24, 2014 at 10:46 PM.

16. Like 2 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted FrostyMouse's Avatar
    Country
    Holy Britannian Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Jammin View Post
    I have an alternate theory.

I think maybe a stray shot in the fight between Karias and the 3rd Elder and the Lady Werewolf crossed over the fourth wall and came through the window of Lee Gwang-Su's apartment. See this is why constantly blowing up South Korea was a bad idea. Now he's probably stuck in body cast in a hospital room somewhere watching daytime soap operas right now.
    Have you ever noticed that it's never South Korea, it's only Seoul? I mean, sure, the Union mentions South Korea now and then, but for the most, most, most part, in manhwa, you only ever see Seoul. I get that they want the area and the environment to be familiar to the readers, but in manga, you see all over. Or, if you do see something that's not Seoul, it's just some random place, like the island they took Shioon to that just exists somewhere. In manga, they use landmarks, everything to enhance the story, but I just don't see it in manhwa. Is there some cultural thing about not talking about the rest of South Korea?

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by FrostyMouse View Post
    Have you ever noticed that it's never South Korea, it's only Seoul? I mean, sure, the Union mentions South Korea now and then, but for the most, most, most part, in manhwa, you only ever see Seoul. I get that they want the area and the environment to be familiar to the readers, but in manga, you see all over. Or, if you do see something that's not Seoul, it's just some random place, like the island they took Shioon to that just exists somewhere. In manga, they use landmarks, everything to enhance the story, but I just don't see it in manhwa. Is there some cultural thing about not talking about the rest of South Korea?
    That's interesting. I never really thought about it before but manhwa really doesn't seem to be as prone to that as say Manga. Maybe nationalism just runs stronger in Japan than in South Korea.

I've always noticed that manga really works in a lot of Japanese cultural mythology into their series almost as a rule. Like the obsession with Samurai stuff. Like the swords (which in reality were not great weapons, pretty much only good for killing unarmored civilians) and the Bushido stuff (which historically came about after the wars were mostly over, when Samurai had nothing better to do that make up rules). But those myths have become almost a staple in manga along with the various Japanese landmarks and cities. Manwha doesn't do much of that. Other than maybe making Taekwondo a little extra prominent.

Of the clan leader soul weapons I don't think any where actually traditional Korea weapons. Instead the soul weapons were a european longsword, a scythe, a pair of daggers, a suit of armor, a longbow, a chinese spear, a whip, a magicians staff, a buckler, and a chain thingy I don't know the name for.
    Last edited by Jammin; March 24, 2014 at 10:51 PM.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member strixflash's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Good News!
    Quote Originally Posted by d1r31

Lee Kwangsu has recovered/ is on his way to full recovery. They still need some time for recovery & to prep the next chapter. No exact date/time given for next release. Source: LINE.
    ---------- Post added March 26, 2014 at 08:18 PM ---------- Previous post was March 25, 2014 at 02:02 PM ----------

From Naver Webtoon
    Quote Quote:
    [Breaking News]The Noblesse artist Lee Kwangsu's recovery! In preparation for the following releases.

As Noblesse has fallen under hiatus, there had been many people who were worried if the artist was alright, if now that Rai is hurt, he was, too, or if he had had to go in hibernation.

<Fancy star> Lee Kwangsu is in the stage of recovery, and afterwards, to ensure steady releases, he is preparing the new work with enough time. For the sake of even better artworks, we hope that he won't overexert himself, right?

Noblesse is sceduled to return during the course of April, so give full support!
    Credits: Liska from EGD for translation

Noblesse Forever!

20. Thanks 7 Member(s) thanked this post
    Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted lawlett-kun's Avatar
    Country
    South Korea
    Post Thanks / Like

id give it 2 weeks. But good news.

New Reply
Page 35 of 38 FirstFirst ... 25 33 34 35 36 37 ... LastLast