Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (9/8/14 - 9/14/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Bleach 595 (2)
New Reply
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Kenichi's mom?

MH Senpai 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Zatono's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Kenichi's mom?

Quote Originally Posted by Maledicente View Post
    The most oddly thing about Kenichi's mom is the fact that she's way too hot for his old geezer of a dad.
    The latest chapter pretty much brings this into light again.

2. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member tret16's Avatar
    Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

i wouldn't say that it's the training that would really get his mother to jump in since every parent knows that when it comes to training, your gunna get some cuts and bruises. mind you if she knew about Yami then ya she would deffinitely jump in. The problem i see with all this is a mother would never let her child MOVE INTO the dojo with a bunch of strangers for the sake of training... That in itself is the main fishy thing i see... It would deffintiely be cool to see his mother have some relation to martial arts, even if it's not her being a master... but something.. Something close to it...

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Franckie's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Maledicente View Post
    The most oddly thing about Kenichi's mom is the fact that she's way too hot for his old geezer of a dad.
    Considering the father is an expy of Golgo 13, the mother may not in fact be hot enough actually.

MangaHelper 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member kkck's Avatar
    wherever cookies can't get to me...(as if such a place existed...)
    Country
    Galactic Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

^What are you talking about? Golgo 13?

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member BASED Shinigami's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

^Indeed what is Golgo 13?
    My comic suggestions: Ecchi, Martial Arts, Historical, Harem, Adventure!

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member Buggy's Avatar
    Country
    Andorra
    Post Thanks / Like

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Golgo_13

I think he posted in the wrong thread

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member ish3's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

No I'm pretty sure he posted in the correct thread. I think he's saying he looks like the main character from Golgo 13. Which is true you does in a ten to 15 year older state. He was probably based of his character I'm not surprised he brought guns to the dojo when he first appeared there. It's possible the mother or Kenichi had grandparents who did in fact teach martial arts but the story is so slow paced like Hajime no Ippo I wouldn't be surprised if we didn't care when this information was revealed 300+ chapters later.

-Sidenote:Golgo13 is a 40+ year old manga based of a master assassin that always get his job accomplished no matter how impossible.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Post Thanks / Like

is this crazy but here it goes I only started reading kenichi short time ago but I have an idea about kenichis mother. I believe that she is sasaki's older sister not sure about time line but it could work. Could explain why we didnt she her face?
    all spelling mistakes are copyrighted to mars0103

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member bighawke5's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by kkck View Post
    I would question to what extent not mentioning kenichi's grandparents implies anything lol. Anyways, what got me thinking about his mom was that she was strangely supportive of his son's initial training. What sort of mom would be supportive of his son "training" with the result being the kid getting home while barely being able to walk and having to help himself with a stick? His dad had the more cohorent approach to the whole thing (except when he wanted to use his girl named guns). His attitude was more along the lines the more coherent "O MOTHERFUCKING HELL NO" about kenichi's training. Its not like we have any reason to believe that his mom was aware of the true nature of kenichi's training either. As far as we know she only new kenichi was at a martial arts dojo and the result of the training was him being brutally beaten by a bunch of old dudes. At least stereotypically it would have been her who should have grabbed the big guns and saves her baby from the giants who thought babies had the same purpose as meat carcases in rocky. Instead not only she allows this to go on but also encourages it. Why in the world would any sane parent approve of the initial stages of kenichi's training? It actually included broken bones and near death experiences. The whole thing actually makes sense if she was somehow aware that kenichi was doing "actual" martial arts training instead of what most people are familiar with.
    You make great points. I think its normal if she were to act the way you think a mother SHOULD act. But there must be a reason for her to act this way. I think just like others have mentioned she may just be a "tough female type" as in she loves her son and wants him to be strong enough to fight his evils.

The fact that she dominates her husband who's not a walking stick physically says a lot about her character. I wouldnt compare her to gohans's mother from dragonball z who while a "tough female type" had other goals for her son, so was completely against him fighting and the image it brings.

This is more like, kenishi was a loser and probably getting bullied in school, no mother would want that but in this case for our "tough female type" character she'd love if he'd get stronger even if that meant him getting hurt, as long as he was coming back home alive even if barely. That coupled with how mothers will support their kids in whatever betters that kid's well being, I'm sure she's proud.

If my son was a wimp and all of a sudden comes home all beat up every once in a while i'd try to find out what's up and if I learn he's trully getting that beat up training at some dojo and that he doesn't seem to want to quit-that's key here, that would mean he's trying to break out of his chicken shell and i'd back him up emotionally completely.

New Reply
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2