Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Celebrate MH's birthday and the RETURN OF MANGA!! Start downloading, translating and scanlating manga HERE - legally!
Like us on Facebook, Follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year of MH and check out our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga: (4/7/14 - 4/13/14).
Site News: Check out our new sections: Nisekoi and Kingdom
Events: Nominate and vote for the winners in the Seinen Awards!
Translations: Gintama 489 by kewl0210 , One Piece 744 by cnet128 , Naruto 672 by aegon-rokudo , Bleach 576 (2)

View Poll Results: Who wins?

Voters
72. You may not vote on this poll
  • Team Heavy Metal

31 43.06%
  • Team Toxic Arrow

41 56.94%
Thread Closed
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Team Heavy Metal vs Team Toxic Arrow

The Giggs MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted igotthegoods's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Team Heavy Metal vs Team Toxic Arrow

Team Heavy Metal vs. Team Toxic Arrow

this keeps the others ones nicely aligned
    Komamura

Komamura Sajin, the captain of the 7th division, is an anthropomorphic wolf, though he is often mistaken for a dog. Initially, he was very self-conscious about his appearance but has now gained the confidence to go without a helmet to cover his face. In contrast to his large physical stature, Komamura has a heart of gold, as well as being a loyal and grateful subordinate to the Captain-Commander. Despite being a gentle person, he is cold, ruthless, and calculating when fighting. Komamura's immense strength and durability make him most suited for physical combat, armed or unarmed. His zanpaukutō is called Tenken. In its shikai, Tenken creates various phantom body parts of a fearsome armored giant to copy whatever body part Komamura moves. His Bankai brings forth the entire giant, which is about a hundred meters tall. This giant mirrors every move that Komamura makes and, despite its large size, is deceptively fast.
    Kira

Kira Izuru is the sullen vice-captain of the 3rd division. He possesses a strong sense of devotion to both his comrades and responsibilities. Having been a former member of the 4th division, he possesses knowledge of healing kidō and medical practice in addition to medical supplies. He shows aptitude in the areas of shinigami combat expected of a Gotei 13 vice-captain. The shikai of his zanpakutō, Wabisuke, doubles the weight of anything or anyone stricken by its blade.

vs.

Mayuri

Kurotsuchi Mayuri is the 12th division captain and 2nd president of Shinigami Research and Development Institute. He is an amoral genius with a penchant for poisons and body modifications of his subjects, subordinates, and even himself. His shikai, Ashisogi Jizō, can, after stabbing of the opponent, induce paralysis of the limbs that does not inhibit pain reception. His bankai, Konjiki Ashisogi Jizō, produces a large, autonomous creature that exhales deadly, incurable poison, can extend and retract numerous blades, devour and crush opponents, and self-destruct at Kurotsuchi's command.
    Ishida

Ishida Uryū, a Quincy living in Karakura Town, is generally quiet and solitary, but also cares about being seen as 'cool.' He has a genius intellect as well as a very strong sense of justice, operating on a moral ethic known as the "Pride of the Quincy." Uryū, as a Quincy, primarily absorbs spiritual energy from the atmosphere, and combines it with his own spiritual energy to form weapons. A bow and arrow is his weapon of choice, but he has also shown aptitude with other weapons, such as the sword Seele Schneider. In addition, he is able to use several high-level Quincy techniques such as Hirenkyaku and Ransōtengai.

Cast your vote and discuss (logically) why you voted for who you voted for. Have fun, but keep it clean!
    Last edited by Tsukisama; March 20, 2011 at 12:38 AM.

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member Henry J. Gloval's Avatar
    Country
    Serbia
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Team Heavy Metal vs Team Toxic Arrow

Tough one, I would go for Metal, but that poison bankai if done right could own everyone. Who ever goes bankai first wins this one. Could Kira cast a Bakudo on Mayuri right of the bat? If so, Koma solos from there.
    Support Libya. Serbia is with you and your people, Colonel!

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member El Samurai Guapo's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Well at least I know Takahashi and I will be on the same side for this one.

Team heavy metal wins.

Mayuri is a lot weaker than Sajin is, and Sajin doesn't mess around. He goes straight to bankai and smashes Mayuri, forcing him to liquefy and flee, leaving Uryuu to fend to himself. I honestly don't know who would win between Izuru and Uryuu. I think I'd lean towards Uryuu a bit since he can stay away from Wabisuke and attack from a range.

4. Thanks 2 Member(s) thanked this post
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member El Samurai Guapo's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by CeroOskuraz View Post
    Voting heavy Metal.

Mayuri doesn't bring out his Bankai immediately. It's simply not in his Nature.

Komamura? Yes. Can Izuru avoid a Bankai that moves analogously to Komamura? It's deceptively fast because it mimics everything Komamura does. Kira would be one-shotted and it would be Mayuri against Komamura+Ishida. Given how canonically Uryu stomped Mayuri, adding Komamura would be horrible.

They win.
    You got the teams backwards dude, Izuru is on Sajin's team.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Takahashi's Avatar
    Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by El Samurai Guapo View Post
    Well at least I know Takahashi and I will be on the same side for this one.

Team heavy metal wins.

Mayuri is a lot weaker than Sajin is, and Sajin doesn't mess around. He goes straight to bankai and smashes Mayuri, forcing him to liquefy and flee, leaving Uryuu to fend to himself. I honestly don't know who would win between Izuru and Uryuu. I think I'd lean towards Uryuu a bit since he can stay away from Wabisuke and attack from a range.
    I'm actually quite torn on this. Mayuri's poison is essentially an insta-win against anyone assuming he gets the opportunity to use it.

Buuuuut like you said, Komamura doesn't fuck around (something I'd actually kind of forgotten), he goes all out just to teach Fraccion a lesson, I could definitely see him insta-Bankai-ing and winning solo.

Yeah, let's go with the K man What? Kira's there too? Okay, they both win
    Last edited by Takahashi; March 20, 2011 at 08:40 PM.

7. Thanks 3 Member(s) thanked this post
    Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Oops.

Lol, doesn't change much. Komamura would've solo'd the duo anyways.

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

I'm surprised by Heavy Metal's unwavering support so far. Izuru's Shikai is basically useless against Mayuri and Uryu - true he could cast a Bakudo spell but I would find it hard to imagine him being able to dodge Uryu's volley of arrows - I would say Uryu is above VC level after all. Komamura vs Mayuri is a tough call, Mayuri is a pretty smart guy, and would realize he wouldn't stand a chance vs Komamura's power unless he went to Bankai. If Mayuri went into Bankai quickly, I don't know how it would play out. Perhaps the poison would reach Komamura, perhaps Komamura would slice right through it with his Bankai. Not too sure at the moment.
    Last edited by ShootToKill; March 20, 2011 at 08:44 PM.

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Yeah haha I know. I deleted that post. Although I support Komamura wholeheartedly in this fight. Ishida is not Captain level, and Shikai Mayuri definitely isn't Captain level in terms of combat. Given how Komamura moves analagously to KTM and has a habit of Bankai'ing early...

Unless Mayuri has the regen and physical stats of Visored Tousen he would be one-shotted very quickly. So would Uryu Ishida.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Takahashi's Avatar
    Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ShootToKill View Post
    I'm surprised by Heavy Metal's unwavering support so far. Izuru's Shikai is basically useless against Mayuri and Uryu - true he could cast a Bakudo spell but I would find it hard to imagine him being able to dodge Uryu's volley of arrows - I would say Uryu is above VC level after all. Komamura vs Mayuri is a tough call, Mayuri is a pretty smart guy, and would realize he wouldn't stand a chance vs Komamura's power unless he went to Bankai. If Mayuri went into Bankai quickly, I don't know how it would play out. Perhaps the poison would reach Komamura, perhaps Komamura would slice right through it with his Bankai. Not too sure at the moment.
    The issue is prep time for Mayuri. I think he's as dangerous (if not more given the messed up way he does things) than Urahara if he has the opportunity to view a few key things. But in a situation where he isn't even allowed to know that the giant wolf is going to have one hell of a big brother appear behind him and crush him in roughly a second, it'll be tough. That being said, no one knows about Mayuri's ability either, but given the history of each personality, gotta go with the guy that finishes things quickly.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Toxic Arrow if the poison gets out. Heavy Metal every other instance. Hard to say frankly, depends on how fast before Mayuri realizes poison is the only option.

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member Henry J. Gloval's Avatar
    Country
    Serbia
    Post Thanks / Like

If someone mentions Mayuri liquifying himself to escape, Kira would evaporate him. Ishida gets Kidoed, then loses his head. Literally... Gruesome. Poor Ishida, Kira is fast and can use kido to defend himself. Remember hado Orchid Sky? Perfect against a barrage of arrows. Or Koma shields him until he binds Ishida.
    Koma stomps.
    Support Libya. Serbia is with you and your people, Colonel!

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

One possible scenario for me is Uryu quickly taking out Kira with a volley of arrows, nothing really indicates to me that Kira will be able to avoid them. Then it's Mayuri and Uryu vs Komamura. I just think Komamura's Giant is too slow (yes I know it hit Tousen but I think Tousen started to act incredibly stupidly as soon as he Hollowfied, and I would hardly call it a blitz, as I believe some people have in the past) to take on two opponents simultaneously. Mayuri can go Bankai and Uryu can go for Komamura with more fast paced arrows. The arrows would do nothing to his Bankai but Komamura himself? I believe he would get hurt if hit by enough of them. I believe some opportunities could be presented for Mayuri to poison him with Uryu acting mainly as a distraction.

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member SaintSheik's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Hmm..excuse the pun but I see Kira as deaf weight here. Ishida would more than likely outdo him. As for Mayuri and Sajin going head to head with bankai, I could see it getting interesting.

While Sajin's bankai would more than likely squash Mayuri's bankai like a bug, the poison could end up messing with Sajin through that massive disadvantage of his.

Is his bankai capable of inhaling poison as well? If Mayuri could somehow get a shikai hit in with Ishida as backup, that would be game as well. Toxic Arrow wins, IMO

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member Tonix's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

If Komamura can be poisoned by his bankai, then team toxic arrow takes this. Because even though Komamura's bankai is undoubtedly stronger than Mayuri's, I don't think Komamura could destroy Mayuri's bankai with out receiving any damage in return.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member AlB's Avatar
    Country
    Georgia
    Post Thanks / Like

uhmm... can I try supporting for toxic arrow?

I mean, come on guys... Mayuri's poison is a death sentence and don't you think that Ishida might have a chance at evading Koma's bankai?

Thread Closed
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast