Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (9/8/14 - 9/14/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Gintama 510 (2) , Naruto 692 by aegon-rokudo , Bleach 595 by BadKarma

View Poll Results: Who wins?

Voters
72. You may not vote on this poll
  • Team Heavy Metal

31 43.06%
  • Team Toxic Arrow

41 56.94%
Thread Closed
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Team Heavy Metal vs Team Toxic Arrow

MangaHelper 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
    Country
    Mariejoa
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Team Heavy Metal vs Team Toxic Arrow

The only hope for Toxic arrow is if Mayuri goes Bankai from the begining, otherwise they will be trashed by Koma's Bankai. But Mayuri can also take this if he manages to poison Koma or his Bankai.

Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted xXan's Avatar
    Country
    Romania
    Post Thanks / Like

Going with Team Heavy Metal. Koma is going to go full bankai fast and smash them. Mayuri is good but only when he has prep or knows the dudes he is fighting. Here he has none of that.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Exodi's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Mayuri would definitely be able to paralyze Kira with his shikai. I'm fairly certain he wouldn't need shikai.

I think Uryuu could definitely take Kira, too. Kira's zanpakutou is pointless against someoone who uses long ranged attacks. And Uryuu isn't half as stupid as Avirama was, so he won't be charging in at Kira.

The problem for Team Toxic Arrow is Komamura. I think he can take Uryuu.
    Against Mayuri it would come down to whose bankai is bigger and badder. All in all.....I'd say Komamura's samurai-giant eventually squashes Mayuri's bug-baby.

Buuuuut, I would bet Mayuri has knowledge of both Komamura and Kira abilities.
    Also, his intelligence plus Uryuu's cunning....might pull them through.
    Plus, I like them more.

I give it to Team Toxic Arrow.
    Last edited by Exodi; March 21, 2011 at 11:36 AM.

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member Snake_Cowboy's Avatar
    Country
    Netherlands
    Post Thanks / Like

Team Toxic Arrow is a deadly combination, but they got stuck with a really dangerous opponent this time. Team Heavy Metal is certain to win here.

What Mayuri lacks in outright fighting skills (which are still definitely captain-class), he usually makes up for with his intellect, his techniques and gadgets, his preparations beforehand and, if worst comes to worst, his Bankai, its poison in particular. Of course, prep time is out the window in this tournament and the rest is not going to matter much against the likes of Komamura. Against Komamura's aggressive fighting style and the raw power of Tenken, Mayuri will be in trouble from the start. Mayuri needs time to analyse his opponent for a weakness - time which Komamura won't give him. Mayuri will be forced to use his shikai and quick to defend himself; if it connencts, Komamura might be in trouble, but with his sword-skill, I highly doubt he'll allow himself to get hit.

Of course, none of that is going to matter much, because I think Komamura will go Bankai pretty damn quick. In this fight, Komamura's greatest advantage is that he doesn't mess around: he'll try and crush Mayuri with Kokujou Tengen Myou'ou without hesitation. Mayuri's only hope will be his own Bankai, but let's face it: I doubt Komamura will even allow that poison to come close. He'll strike at Konjiki Ashisogi Jizou without any mercy and with that kind of power, he'll probably destroy the thing in one hit. Without his Bankai, Mayuri is screwed. One clean hit from Komamura's Bankai and he'll either be dead or forced to liquify himself to escape.

Kira and Ishida is a much more interesting match. Kira is a pretty tough opponent to face, but Ishida is probably the best to counter him, as Wabisuke will be rendered useless. Ishida will fight from range and shower Kira with arrows, meaning that Kira will have to lure Ishida into a trap much like he did with Avirama in order to get a clean hit with Wabisuke - a trap which a smart guy like Ishida will not fall into very easily. Even if he does, Ishida can use Ginrei Kojaku as a shield (kinda) to catch the blow from Wabisuke. I'm not even sure if it's effect will translate properly because the bow is made up of spirit particles and even if it does, I think Ishida can just switch it off and turn it back on to cancel Wabisuke's power out: if it has an effect on the spirit particles, then all Ishida has to do is to use new ones. Couple that with Seele Schneider probably being capable of absorbing the spirit particles of Kira's kidou, weakening their effects, and I'd say Ishida has this one in the bag.

Unfortunately for him, Komamura will have finished with Mayuri by then. Against that giant and Komamura's endurance, I don't think Ishida stands any kind of chance. His arrows are useless against Kokujou Tengen Myou'ou and even if he avoids his Bankai for a while and manages to trap Komamura in Sprenger, I highly doubt it will be strong enough to take him down. After all, Komamura is still the guy that got kind of a hole in his chest from Tousen, still got up to fight Aizen and even after Aizen chopped his arm off, the guy kept going. No way Ishida can do anything to replicate that. Eventually, Komamura's Bankai will crush him as well.

Team Heavy Metal wins.
    "See you, Snake Cowboy..."

5. Thanks 4 Member(s) thanked this post
    Banned 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Country
    Belgium
    Post Thanks / Like

uryu takes out kira so easy.

kira lost to damn rangiku who is damn weak compared to the other VCs.

it comes down to koma. i love koma, i love uryu...i really cant decide between them both.

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Hystzen View Post
    uryu takes out kira so easy.

kira lost to damn rangiku who is damn weak compared to the other VCs.

it comes down to koma. i love koma, i love uryu...i really cant decide between them both.
    If it comes down to Mayuri and Uryu 2on1ing Komamura, I think they have a shot - although neither of them are amazingly fast I'd say they are faster than Komamura, so dealing with 2 opponents, one of whom can fire vast amounts of arrows simultaneously, and the other having a deadly poison attack, will be difficult for him.

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member Lunatic Scream's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Gonna say Uryu over Kira... Kira's zan is basically worthless against ranged opponents, or ones with less-than-material/reformable weapons. He's got some kido, but I figure he'll be a pincushion sooner rather than later.

Got to agree with the sentiment that Koma doesn't mess around. He's gone bankai more than most characters in the series, but unlike Ichigo or Hitsugaya, it's not because he's overexposed. As a matter of fact, he has very limited screen time... he just likes to get the job done as fast as possible.

Honestly... I see Koma going through great lengths to protect Kira in this fight. He's not going to sit and watch him get critically/fatally injured. That could be a weakness.

On the other hand... his bankai really has nothing to fear from Uryu, or Mayuri (short of Mayuri's bankai) UNLESS Mayuri's shikai can transfer the paralysis/poison via Koma's bankai...

I'll have to think on this one.

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member Henry J. Gloval's Avatar
    Country
    Serbia
    Post Thanks / Like

His samurai is probably some sort of a mecha. When Tousen nuked it, it did not actually bleed, did it? Nor did it show any bones, muscles and such. I think it did not.
    Mayuri and Ishida have nothing on his bankai. In order to release the poison, Mayri's bankai needs to be close enough, right? But the giant can squish him from very far away. They have no energy canon at their disposal to harm it, and Kira could bind at least Ishida with kido.
    Team Samurai beheading stomps its way into the next round.
    Support Libya. Serbia is with you and your people, Colonel!

Banned 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Country
    Belgium
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Henry J. Gloval View Post
    His samurai is probably some sort of a mecha. When Tousen nuked it, it did not actually bleed, did it? Nor did it show any bones, muscles and such. I think it did not.
    Mayuri and Ishida have nothing on his bankai. In order to release the poison, Mayri's bankai needs to be close enough, right? But the giant can squish him from very far away. They have no energy canon at their disposal to harm it, and Kira could bind at least Ishida with kido.
    Team Samurai beheading stomps its way into the next round.
    Komas bankai did bleed when tousen cut it making a paper cut

it also bled clearly when Aizen hacked it off its hand

11. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Country
    Serbia
    Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for correcting me, mate. Sorry, I did not recall that. Then Mayuri probably can poison it. Dont know. Still, I think Samurai beheading takes this. I already posted why. Thanks again!

Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

I think Toxic Arrow might be able to win because Mayuri MIGHT respond to Komamura's Bankai in kind. I feel like this fight ends very quickly, one way or another. Also, I'd like to see Mayuri tank a hit from Koma's Bankai. After his fight with Uryu he's shown to continue fighting after some pretty ridiculous injuries.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Sevenheadedmirror's Avatar
    Country
    Mexico
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Henry J. Gloval View Post
    Tough one, I would go for Metal, but that poison bankai if done right could own everyone. Who ever goes bankai first wins this one. Could Kira cast a Bakudo on Mayuri right of the bat? If so, Koma solos from there.
    That's a super power only komamura can show
    To in infer something and pose it as implied in the source is to justify something.
    The justification that an arc or a story sucks because the author is as tired as us from it can't apply since it's the author's fault it sucks to begin with.

15. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    MH Senpai MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

This is a match I could easily see going either way depending on the strategy undertaken.

If Team Toxic Arrow can take out Kira and focus solely on Komamura, I think that they would win for sure.

I had been thinking of an interesting strategy for Team Heavy Metal (interesting to me anyway ). Let's say Komamura goes bankai. Then, Kira surrounds him with that kidou barrier that he used in FKT. Then, Kira just keeps healing Komamura while Komamura battles with his bankai. Do you think this strategy would be effective here?

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Country
    Australia
    Post Thanks / Like

^ It could. Ishidas long range power could challenge it though.

If he keeps out reach of KTM's sword and gets a clear shot of Kira's barrier, Im sure his 1200 consecutive arrow shots will crack through it.

KTM (since its the only one engaged in battle) will divide its efforts into attacking Mayrui or defending against Ishidas arrows.
    [IMG]http://i204.photobucket.com/albums/bb57/Jonas64/Kilrik.jpg[/IMG]

Country
    Serbia
    Post Thanks / Like

Could Kira climb onto the giant, like in his shirt pocket? Then he preys upon Ishida and Mayuri to bind them. KTM attack is massive, they would have to jump aside to dodge, no tanking here. He catches them mid-air with a bakudo and its a game. :-)

As for Toxic arrow, Ishida could ride on top of KAJ and attack with his arrows barrage. Dune style, hell yeah! He'd get squashed in no time, but he would go in style. :-D
    Just throwing out some interesting strategies.

Thread Closed
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast