Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (10/13/14 - 10/19/14).
Forum News: The nomination phase of the Community Awards 2014 is live! Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Bleach 600 (2)

View Poll Results: Who wins?

Voters
72. You may not vote on this poll
  • Team Heavy Metal

31 43.06%
  • Team Toxic Arrow

41 56.94%
Thread Closed
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Team Heavy Metal vs Team Toxic Arrow

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member Buzz Killington's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Team Heavy Metal vs Team Toxic Arrow

Where'd this misconception that Komamura somehow goes to end things with Bankai faster than everyone else come from?

My money's on Team Toxic Arrow here

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member Henry J. Gloval's Avatar
    Country
    Serbia
    Post Thanks / Like

It is not a misconception, I belive, Buzz.
    Koma used his bankai every time he fought, while his shikai was seen only that time he attacked Ken back in the SS. He is sure a hasty fella, dont you think? Kill them all, and let God sort them out. Maybed its his animal instinct, i dont know. He's a beast! :-D
    On the other hand, Mayuri is known for preparations he makes before the fight. He will not have the time now, so he is left with releasing KAJ or dying. I think he dies by one strike of KTM... Feel free to differ, though...
    Support Libya. Serbia is with you and your people, Colonel!

3. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

I don't know if the past indicates that he will go Bankai immediately - vs Poww he needed something to match the size of his release, so KTM was the obvious choice. Other than that, vs masked Tousen and Aizen, he knew he'd be totally outclassed unless he went Bankai. Against a "weaker" Captain, I'm not saying he'll underestimate him, but he might not believe that going all out is necessary from the beginning.

5. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member Buzz Killington's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

ShoottoKill is pretty much dead on..

Komamura has actually never gone Bankai right off the bat, nor has he gone straight for the kill off the bat. He beats around the bush just like everyone else. The only Captain I can say for sure goes for the kill off the bat is Byakuya Kuchiki, because he uses Senka almost everytime.

Let's look at Komamura's fights and see just how long it takes him to "Go for the kill".

In his first fight with Zaraki, Komamura starts out using his Shikai against another Captain. Then you have him fighting in Base after his Shikai didn't work, trying to overpower Kenpachi. Then he questions whether or not he should even use Bankai despite not being able to budge Zaraki otherwise. Finally, he goes Bankai after watching Tousen's Bankai is defeated

Komamura went through all the paces here

Second fight against Aizen. He opens up using his shikai again, goes Bankai against 2 Captainsafter that doesn't work

Next fight against Poww. Koma opens up barehanded. Poww laughes off that attack, and releases. Komamura again attacks him barehanded, which still doesn't even hurt Poww. Realizing that doesn't work, he finally goes Bankai

Fight against Tousen. Yeah we all know he didn't go "straight for the kill" there, but I won't mention this one since he kinda said he couldn't find it in himself to kill Tousen

Last fight against Aizen. Despite already knowing it won't work, Koma goes and attacks Aizen with shikai again. Then goes Bankai after Aizen intimidates him

So basically, I don't see what makes Komamura "go for the kill" more than anyone else. He won't right out of the blue go Bankai against Mayuri if his previous encounters are considered, he's gonna go through the paces. In doing so, Mayuri would probably have poisoned him with his own Shikai by that time, and once he does that he renders KTM useless

7. Thanks 2 Member(s) thanked this post
    Country
    Serbia
    Post Thanks / Like

I guess you're right, but there was something in his attitude that makes me think he really aint a slouch when it comes to fighting, and he is put against 1 captain level opponent and one above VC, so he might get serious. In his defence he was mostly yelling at Tousen, Aizen and co, so he might be a calm and collected individual when not under pressure. Against Pow, I believe he could have won without going Bankai he has great damage shikai, and should be able to jump to Pow's head and kill him. Maybe he was hard pressed to defend the pillars, dont know if he had to go Bankai just because of his size. Hell, a captain should very well be able to kill a Fraccion without resorting to his full release.
    And yes, the Head of the Kuchiki noble house always goes for the kill! He would have Byakurai-ed Pow's but.

Anyway, I believe that Koma could kill Mayuri in shikai too, he is much better at CQC than him and much more powerfull. And I doubt Mayuri could tank his attack like Ken did. If he manages to beat him, then no bankai vs Uryu is a given. He is a freaking captain, though a slow one, but Ishida did not show some incredible speed either. In the meantime, Kira stands a chance against Ishida but only if gets him in a binding kido and then decapitates him. Or Ishida goes CQC with Schneidrs and falls prey to Wabisuke. Otherwise, a barrage of arrows will do him in.
    To conclude, Koma decides this match. If he plays well, Toxic arrow is screwed. He fails, Kira will stand no chance of winning.
    One more outcome it plausible, that KAJ poisons Koma and Kira, but they manage to kill them before they die. Poison is still DoT, right? It is a draw! Unless Unohana and Orihime are the Tournament official medic crew and heal them somehow.

9. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Takahashi's Avatar
    Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ShootToKill View Post
    I don't know if the past indicates that he will go Bankai immediately - vs Poww he needed something to match the size of his release, so KTM was the obvious choice. Other than that, vs masked Tousen and Aizen, he knew he'd be totally outclassed unless he went Bankai. Against a "weaker" Captain, I'm not saying he'll underestimate him, but he might not believe that going all out is necessary from the beginning.
    What? He didn't need bankai to beat po. He did it to make him feel fear of something much bigger than him, he even said that he was just a worm of a man before crushing him. Koma went bankai to give someone a taste of their own medicine, I don't see why he'd be reluctant against mayuri.

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Takahashi View Post
    What? He didn't need bankai to beat po. He did it to make him feel fear of something much bigger than him, he even said that he was just a worm of a man before crushing him. Koma went bankai to give someone a taste of their own medicine, I don't see why he'd be reluctant against mayuri.
    Okay, put it this way, Poww gave Kubo a good opportunity to showcase Koma's Bankai in action He probably didn't need it, but the easiest way to fight a Giant is to use another Giant

edit: Didn't Koma refer to himself as a "meager worm", not Poww?

Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

Okay, put it this way, Poww gave Kubo a good opportunity to showcase Koma's Bankai in action He probably didn't need it, but the easiest way to fight a Giant is to use another Giant

edit: Didn't Koma refer to himself as a "meager worm", not Poww?
    Yeah, that's what I meant. I'm terrible at phone typing.

Anyway, yeah, I understand the logic of using his bankai, but it clearly wasn't neccesary. Even the other captains commented on komamura's attitude right after, I don't think it's unusual for him.

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member Tonix's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Henry J. Gloval View Post
    On the other hand, Mayuri is known for preparations he makes before the fight. He will not have the time now, so he is left with releasing KAJ or dying. I think he dies by one strike of KTM... Feel free to differ, though...
    Mayuri is known for being smart. If the smart move is to go Bankai right away, what would make you think Mayuri wouldn't go Bankai right away? If beings of lesser intelligence such as ourselves can deduce that anything less than Bankai would be futile against wolfman, a super genius like Mayuri is sure to come to the same conclusion.

Country
    Serbia
    Post Thanks / Like

According to tournament rules, no team has any knowledge of the other, they meet for the first time. And shikai vs shikai, Koma kills him. Also bankai vs bankai Koma kills him. The poison will be blown away by Kira's Orchid sky. I think he knows what a funny looking mist is...

15. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Sevenheadedmirror's Avatar
    Country
    Mexico
    Post Thanks / Like

Hey interesting thing: what if Kira hits the sword from Koma's Bankai?. That thing with quintuple the weight would kill anything that breaths air in a hundredth miles after being swung down.
    Last edited by Sevenheadedmirror; March 23, 2011 at 09:06 PM.
    To in infer something and pose it as implied in the source is to justify something.
    The justification that an arc or a story sucks because the author is as tired as us from it can't apply since it's the author's fault it sucks to begin with.

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Koma's Bankai is already slow enough, it doesn't need any help in that department If he is solely doing vertical slashes then it might provide an advantage were his opponent 1) Slow himself and 2) Able to block Koma's original Bankai. Other than that, it will just be easier for an enemy to evade it.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Sevenheadedmirror's Avatar
    Country
    Mexico
    Post Thanks / Like

Koma's Bankai is already slow enough, it doesn't need any help in that department If he is solely doing vertical slashes then it might provide an advantage were his opponent 1) Slow himself and 2) Able to block Koma's original Bankai. Other than that, it will just be easier for an enemy to evade it.
    ... no it wouldn't. he can use both hands in any case and pull a saraki, also it's not like if Mayuri's Bankai was that small or that fast. The measurement of strength of an impact is weight over space (kg/cm2) so I'd like to see a wimp like Mayuri or the arrow boy (who gets pounded every arc) block it, even without my strengthening proposal. The earth shakes when that guy hits the ground already, imagine it with that more strength those guys will blow like popcorn or be blown away like flies if standing in the air.
    Last edited by Sevenheadedmirror; March 23, 2011 at 09:24 PM.
    To in infer something and pose it as implied in the source is to justify something.
    The justification that an arc or a story sucks because the author is as tired as us from it can't apply since it's the author's fault it sucks to begin with.

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

What I'm saying is, Koma's Bankai is probably strong enough to cleave through Mayuri's Bankai as it is, so making it heavier would dramatically increase the power of a downward strike especially, but it would slow it the hell down, making it easier for Mayuri to move himself, and his Bankai, out of harm's way.

Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

Komamura's Bankai isn't slow. It moves when Koma does without lag. KTM is the same speed as Komamura (although I don't know if it can Shunpo ) Only the anime gave did the impression that it's slow and laggy. But they also had Masked Tousen casually blocking KTM's SWORD with one hand

21. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
Thread Closed
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast