Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (9/15/14 - 9/21/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Gintama 510 (2)

View Poll Results: Who wins?

Voters
72. You may not vote on this poll
  • Team Heavy Metal

31 43.06%
  • Team Toxic Arrow

41 56.94%
Thread Closed
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4

Thread: Team Heavy Metal vs Team Toxic Arrow

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member AlB's Avatar
    Country
    Georgia
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Team Heavy Metal vs Team Toxic Arrow

Quote Originally Posted by Takahashi View Post
    Komamura's Bankai isn't slow. It moves when Koma does without lag. KTM is the same speed as Komamura (although I don't know if it can Shunpo ) Only the anime gave did the impression that it's slow and laggy. But they also had Masked Tousen casually blocking KTM's SWORD with one hand
    Wasn't that Shikai? lol

Anyway, Komamura managed to land a hit on Kaname when the latter was mid-flight and considering the insane speed Hollowfication granted him Koma's Bankai is by no means slow.
    People here like to talk that Komamura's Bankai is worthless, but they don't pay attention compared to Whom it is worthless: Perfect hybrid Kaname in Ressurection and freaking Aizen! Give the doggie some love people.

2. Thanks 2 Member(s) thanked this post
    Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member Buzz Killington's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by AlB View Post
    Perfect hybrid Kaname
    I've been seeing that alot, but I never understood what makes Tousen a "Perfect Hybrid"

Though I do agree, Komamura's fights have been against either fodder (Poww) or people who he's fodder to in comparison (Aizen, Ress Tousen)

Country
    Georgia
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Buzz Killington View Post
    I've been seeing that alot, but I never understood what makes Tousen a "Perfect Hybrid"

Though I do agree, Komamura's fights have been against either fodder (Poww) or people who he's fodder to in comparison (Aizen, Ress Tousen)
    He was a shinigami who achieved complete hollowfication. It was complete for several reasons:
    1. Remember the white armor on his chest? That was the sign of the complete hollowfication. Why? Because Mashiro and Kensei also had additional accessories (leg armor and rods stuck in the back and arms respectively) in TBTP arc. No vizard (even Ichigo) acquires additional accessories when summoning the mask.
    2. Mask time limit: Every Vizard had a time limit on the mask varying from 11 seconds (Ichigo) to 15 hours (Mashiro). Kaname maintained the mask for quite a while and did not show any signs of suddenly losing it.
    3. RS - Again, no vizard has displayed the ability to perform Ressureccion. Ichigo may be considered only exception, but take into account the fact that his inner hollow had to take over completely to achieve, what many percieve as, Ressureccion. Kaname not only retained control over his inner hollow, but even performed the release on a whim, without anybody blasting holes in his chest.
    4. High Speed Regeneration - not much to say here. Out of all individuals that have acquired the mask Tosen is the only one who displayed such ability.

5. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member Buzz Killington's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Yes, but to me it seemed as though he was more of a failure than a success, which is what a perfect hybrid would be. After all, Aizen referred to the Vizards as being perfect.

Tousen being able to perform Ress just means he's more Hollow than Shinigami, which isn't a perfect mix. For all we know doing so means he lost the ability to perform Bankai, or things of that nature, many people took his words here to imply such a thing. Then you have this happening to him, which only furthers the idea that Tousens power was wildly unstable

Seemed far from being a Perfect Hybrid to me, if anything, I'm more inclined to believe Aizen used Tousen as an experiment before he realized the proper way of becoming a perfect hybrid through the Hogyoku. With Ichigo being one naturally

7. Thanks 3 Member(s) thanked this post
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Takahashi's Avatar
    Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by AlB View Post
    Wasn't that Shikai? lol
    Nope bankai. It's ridiculous, he did it with the same ease as when he blocked the shikai.

Country
    Georgia
    Post Thanks / Like

Yes, but to me it seemed as though he was more of a failure than a success, which is what a perfect hybrid would be. After all, Aizen referred to the Vizards as being perfect.

Tousen being able to perform Ress just means he's more Hollow than Shinigami, which isn't a perfect mix. For all we know doing so means he lost the ability to perform Bankai, or things of that nature, many people took his words here to imply such a thing. Then you have this happening to him, which only furthers the idea that Tousens power was wildly unstable

Seemed far from being a Perfect Hybrid to me, if anything, I'm more inclined to believe Aizen used Tousen as an experiment before he realized the proper way of becoming a perfect hybrid through the Hogyoku. With Ichigo being one naturally
    Well, I never said that Tousen was a successful perfect hybrid
    What I meant was that Tousen possessed all the traits of a perfect hybrid: Shinigami being able to use Mask without a time limit, access Ressureccion, high speed regeneration. Hence he was a perfect Hybrid. Take into account that prior to exploding the guy's head and throat were pierced so it's safe to assume that Hisagi was instrumental in the incident. Still, this "blowing up" thing does imply that something was off with the hollowfication, so I simply guess that Tousen was a failure as a complete vizard, but still a one.
    As for losing Shinigami powers:
    1. Not a fact (though heavily implied, yes, but still not a 100% fact)
    2. Is that not a point of a complete hollowfication? I mean, it's complete hollowfication. So I assume that was the point.

As for Aizen referring to Vizards as complete, well... can't really say anything. I mean they don't have High speed regen, have limits on masks - in my opinion word "complete" is an exageration here, but it's Aizen, who is rarely wrong (if ever) so I don't know

Quote Originally Posted by Takahashi View Post
    Nope bankai. It's ridiculous, he did it with the same ease as when he blocked the shikai.
    Drat

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member El Samurai Guapo's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

I agree. The hogyouku was pretty much a wish granter, and since Urahara Kisuke obviously had in his mind what a perfect hybdrid should be like, that's what Shinji's group became. In Kaname's case, he no longer wanted to be a shinigami, so obviously he got a hollowfication that leaned far more towards the hollow side. Having hollow powers while still retaining access to shikai and bankai is obviously the ideal balance between shinigami and hollow.
    Last edited by El Samurai Guapo; March 24, 2011 at 09:30 PM.

11. Thanks 2 Member(s) thanked this post
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Jackk's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Nice to see someone else who noticed those details. I had actually pointed out something very similar to that a while ago. I also don't think that Tousen's hollowfication was more perfect or more complete than Shinji's and his group. To put it simple: their hollowfication is different.

Tousen not only gets a mere Mask. Tousen actually gets a whole helmet with a chest plate and shoulder pads; even Tousen's body composition changes as he even attains high-speed regeneration. But, thing is, he never used a single shinigami zanpakutou ability simultaneously with all his extra hollow powers.

It seems as though when he hollowfies, his Zanpakutou also changes. In other words, he seems to trade his shinigami zanpakutou abilities for more hollow powers: HSR and a resurreccion. And we know that when he released his sword in that hollowfied state...what he released was a resurreccion--which is very similar to how even though an arrancar actually has a zanpakutou just like a shinigami, an arrancar still doesn't actually have access to a shikai and Bankai....they have a resurreccion instead.

It does make sense that Tousen's hollowfication turned out different like that considering that Tousen told us that he really didn't wish to be a shinigami. Tousen actually hated the shinigamis since he believed that it was their fault that his old friend died. Tousen even told Komamara that he truly did not wish to die as a shinigami either; dying as a shinigami was Tousen's fear. Then, Aizen even told us that the Hogyouku's true power is basically to grant a person's deepest desire (as long as they have the potential to fulfill their desire). Therefore, it does seem as though the Hogyouku gave Tousen the hollowfication he had because that's what Tousen really wished for deep inside; Tousen wished to not be a shinigami, but he did wish to have a lot of power.

Shinji and his group have a different hollowfication, and that's because their hollowfication was actually the result of Kisuke Urahara's deepest wish (deep down he wanted them to become shinigami/hollow hybrids). Logically the Hogyouku granted Kisuke's ideals of what a shinigami/hollow hybrid would be. As a result, the hybrid powers of Shinji and his group seemed to be more balanced as they can actually fully utilize their shinigami powers (shikai and bankai) and augment themselves further with a Mask--Though, they do still lean more towards the shinigami side... in contrast to Tousen's hollowfication, which seems to lean way more towards the hollow side. And the fact that even Aizen himself later affirms that Shinji and his group were really complete vizards thanks to Kisuke's wish through the Hogyouku also supports the idea that the hollowfication of Shinji and his group is definitely not "incomplete" in comparison to Tousen's. They just have a different type of hollowfication, which is due to the Hogyouku granting somewhat different wishes.

Anyway, back to this thread's match more specifically, I actually think that it could go either way honestly. Both teams have the means to take the other out. Mayuri's poison is what could give his team the win;however, I do have to say that I'm leaning more towards Team Heavy Metal due to Komamura seemingly having a more aggressive personality than Mayuri. In other words, it's likely that Komamura will be the first to go all out with his Bankai, which I believe is capable of overwhelming Mayuri. Granted Mayuri may still have a chance to release his own Bankai and from there maybe use his poison before getting smashed by Kokujō Tengen Myō'ō. In the end though, I find smashing your opponent to death more visually impressive than poisoning your opponent to death. I'll give my vote to the K-man.
    Last edited by Jackk; March 24, 2011 at 09:41 PM.

13. Thanks 3 Member(s) thanked this post
    MH Senpai MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Team Toxic Arrow wins! They shall advance into the next round. Discuss the result of this match and all others in the Tournament Discussion thread.

Stay tuned for more details!

Thread Closed
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4