Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (7/21/14 - 7/27/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: One Piece 753 by cnet128 , Bleach 589 (2) , Gintama 503 by Bomber D Rufi

View Poll Results: Who wins?

Voters
104. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yamamoto

95 91.35%
  • Suì-Fēng

9 8.65%
Thread Closed
Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: Yamamoto Genryūsai Shigekuni vs Suì-Fēng

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Takahashi's Avatar
    Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Yamamoto Genryūsai Shigekuni vs Suì-Fēng

Quote Originally Posted by LucyBenard View Post
    I do not see how you'd read so much into such a simple manga where everything is explained later on to the readers, if it ever happened.
    I do not see how you'd NOT read into a fight in the manga in which the bad guy both has the ability, and admits to using illusions that are even used to deceive the readers.

Also, if you're so against reading into things that aren't directly shown, then look at the bottom panel following Aizen after he admits to using KS-->http://www.mangareader.net/94-47010-...apter-392.html

Seems like pretty direct evidence to me. Hitsugaya first attacking Aizen, before his fight against the Gotei 13, was preceded by "when did you start thinking I wasn't using KS?".

Anyway, not arguing this here, Yama stomps, but I still think he can be killed by Suzumabachi, just that the odds are insanely low.

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Takahashi View Post
    I do not see how you'd NOT read into a fight in the manga in which the bad guy both has the ability, and admits to using illusions that are even used to deceive the readers.

Also, if you're so against reading into things that aren't directly shown, then look at the bottom panel following Aizen after he admits to using KS-->http://www.mangareader.net/94-47010-...apter-392.html

Seems like pretty direct evidence to me. Hitsugaya first attacking Aizen, before his fight against the Gotei 13, was preceded by "when did you start thinking I wasn't using KS?".

Anyway, not arguing this here, Yama stomps, but I still think he can be killed by Suzumabachi, just that the odds are insanely low.
    For the simple fact that there would be no right-or-wrong scenario anymore. If everyone came in with their own versions and interpretations of the events that had folded out then this whole thing would be nothing but an endless mess.

As for your quote, Aizen simply asks: "When did you think I wouldn't use KS", meaning, he questions the naivety of the captains for ever thinking that he wouldn't pull out a KS on them, in this case it ONLY being the Hinamori illusion.

Also, what happened to Shinji's earlier wound that he had inflicted on Aizen? Was that an illusion too? Or is it more simply a matter of the artist's lack of attention to detail? Such as the one time in which Yammy was drawn without a hollow hole, amongst hundred+ of other graphical errors in the manga.

So yes, Aizen only questioned Shinji's naivety. The manga only illustrated a single illusion. Therefore, there are no other illusions.
    Last edited by LucyBenard; March 21, 2011 at 12:41 AM.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Yeah Yama does this chick in pretty easily. She'd give it a shot, but it wouldn't be good enough. Yama without his sword is easily too much for any one captain over a period of a fight. At least most the time. With a sword it's a rap. And Aizen for the record said, "when did you think I wasn't using Kyoka Suigetsu?" I take that as he was using it the whole time. Even after Gin made that stupid monologue about him being so strong.
    Last edited by freshseth83; March 21, 2011 at 12:55 AM.

4. Thanks 2 Member(s) thanked this post
    Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member SaintSheik's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

lol @ baby shakes. Anyway, I believe Yamamoto takes this. A full powered Soi Fon shikai would be as ineffective as it was against Aizen IMO and the Captain Commander's hand to hand skills and speed should be enough to cripple her. Her bankai wouldn't have room to be prepared, I think..

Edit: not getting too into that discussion, but when was Yammy seen w/o the hollow hole? Early appearance, action scene?
    Last edited by SaintSheik; March 21, 2011 at 01:34 AM.

Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
    Country
    Costa Rica
    Post Thanks / Like

I like Soifon, but she has absolutely no chance here.

Lets move to Yama vs Aizen already...

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member Omiem's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by LucyBenard View Post
    Also, what happened to Shinji's earlier wound that he had inflicted on Aizen? Was that an illusion too? Or is it more simply a matter of the artist's lack of attention to detail? Such as the one time in which Yammy was drawn without a hollow hole, amongst hundred+ of other graphical errors in the manga.
    Doesn't matter. What we see is what we get, and author intent shouldn't be a factor in here when we're discussing these things, because it's not really a consistent argument.
    Last edited by Omiem; March 21, 2011 at 05:47 AM.

MangaHelper 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
    Country
    Mariejoa
    Post Thanks / Like

Yama wins this fight sealed. He is too strong for Soi Fong.

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member leshrak's Avatar
    Country
    Brazil
    Post Thanks / Like

Don't need to explain why Yama wins easily. But i wanna see if Soi Fon gets some votes as Ulquiorra did against Aisen
    "There are some qualities, some incorporate things,/ That have a double life, which thus is made/ A type os twin entity which springs/ From matter and light, evinced in solid and shade"
    - Edgar Allan Poe, "Silence"

http://pandatoryu.wordpress.com/ Brazilian blog about anime, manga and games

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Exodi's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Poor Sui Feng......she doesn't stand a chance.
    She's one of my favorite captains, too.

Yamamoto wins this. With just a flick of his magnificent beard.

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member Snake_Cowboy's Avatar
    Country
    Netherlands
    Post Thanks / Like

Yamamoto smokes Soifon in one hit.

Seriously, Soifon is good, but she doesn't stand one iota of a chance against the Captain-Commander. Her only hope is to try and kill Yama with Suzumebachi as quickly as possible, but for all her speed, I doubt she'll be able to match old man Yama. He'd probably catch her and one slice from his zanpakutou will end it. And as for her Bankai... I wouldn't be surprised if Yama can take the hit directly and still survive, though someone with his speed can easily dodge it.

If Soifon stays on the defensive, Ryuujin Jakka is probably fast enough to catch up with her. Maybe she'll dodge it for a while, but not indefinitely. Really, whenever Yamamoto decides to attack, she's dead.

Yama pwns.
    "See you, Snake Cowboy..."

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member BaddAzzKenpachi74's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Yama completely stomps Soi Fon barehanded in my opinion.

Live for battle, enjoy every minute, death is the price u pay for a good battle, live to kill, no fear.
    by Kenpachi Zaraki
    . ("Discuss This" http://discussthis.freeforums.org/index.php

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

If he could tank the Ryujin Jakka flames which exploded from within WW then I would bet he could also tank Soifon's Bankai, so yeah, even if he allowed her the time to use her Bankai, poor Soifon doesn't have a chance.

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member Lunatic Scream's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Mmmmmm... Soifon crisps.

Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Raizen's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Soifon's shikai is cool. But I think even if she hit Yama with it, he wouldn't die. His reiatsu is considered legendary.

Yama pwn!

Banned 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Country
    Belgium
    Post Thanks / Like

its threads like this that proves yamma should not be in the tournament.

he wins no matter who he is placed against and they not hard wins they full crushes

Thread Closed
Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast