Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (9/8/14 - 9/14/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Gintama 510 (2) , Naruto 692 by aegon-rokudo , Bleach 595 by BadKarma
New Reply
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Evangeline ( fun discovery )

Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
    Country
    Czech Republic
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Evangeline ( fun discovery )

I just realized that Dynamis might have actually been talking about Master of the grave and not about MotB... maybe they know each other or something

I know it's unlikely but it would be kind of cool if Eva was from family too =)
    I would be finally able to let go about Sword of conviction spell Arika and Eva seemed to like =) if I remember correctly only Negi, Eva and Arika have been using it up till now... even thought it might just be spell like any other.. I always thought that it might be related to that ancient magic stuff =)

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member Ceipheed's Avatar
    Country
    Panama
    Post Thanks / Like

Dyunamis was NOT talking about the master of the grave. that much is certain. you can easily tell in the original text.

as for Arika, when did she use the sword of conviction? I dun remember @_@

Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
    Country
    Czech Republic
    Post Thanks / Like

to be honest I can't find the chapter...
    but i think i remember talking talking about it right after Arika used it :-/
    I think it was in one of those flashbacks when Nagi and Arika went on date destroying headquarters of CE ... but i can't remember which chap it was so i can't check :-/

edit:
    I checked like from ch250 to the latest and couldn't find it so i guess i just remembered it wrong :-/ sry for confusion
    Last edited by deSolAxe; March 23, 2011 at 10:51 PM.

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member bebuxe's Avatar
    mmmm.... i can't tell??? it seems that i see trees after trees with wavying grass and a few birds...
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Green Grin Re: Evangeline ( fun discovery )

Quote Originally Posted by Astraios View Post
    Off-topic: If you are familiar with the manga/anime Sora No Otoshimono, you probably noticed that the author named a girl Ikaros (イカロス, Ikarosu), this is actually grammatically wrong. Since she is a girl the name should be Ikaria (this is the female/feminine form of the name, Ikaros is the male form).

PS: Sparta is a part of Greece, it's not separated, but every place had it's own rules & king/administration etc, however Sparta was more militarist than other places (for example compared to Athens). I'm not 100% sure, but I don't think the -a (or -i, -ia) ending in feminine names originated from Sparta, every feminine name ends like that, it was like that from the beginning.
    You see, I can be wrong at times. I thanked you for everything. And yes I know about Sora No Otoshimono, and I know her name is Ikaros, and it was done in purpose (to literary reference Ikaros from the story, and to suggest that it is a thing, not being with gender that can reproduce). Is there a neuter case in Greek, cause then that should be its name ending?

Also thanks for clearing up the misreported history (bad bad bebuxe). All I know is Romans were pretty much copyfags. (the only thing I studied of another lang, latin)
    two ads this time

and visit http://hitana.deviantart.com/ , she has some inspiring pics. esp. "Yummy-75464373".

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
    Country
    Greece
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bebuxe View Post
    You see, I can be wrong at times. I thanked you for everything. And yes I know about Sora No Otoshimono, and I know her name is Ikaros, and it was done in purpose (to literary reference Ikaros from the story, and to suggest that it is a thing, not being with gender that can reproduce). Is there a neuter case in Greek, cause then that should be its name ending?

Also thanks for clearing up the misreported history (bad bad bebuxe). All I know is Romans were pretty much copyfags. (the only thing I studied of another lang, latin)
    No, there isn't a neuter case for a Greek name. The names only have masculine and feminine forms, however in few cases, some names have only a masculine form and don't have a feminine one, while others are only feminine names.
    I suppose the author named her Ikaros because of the myth, he gave her a guy's name but I guess he assumed that most readers won't notice it. By the way, Daedalus is also a masculine name, however Astraea/Αστραία was correct.

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member bebuxe's Avatar
    mmmm.... i can't tell??? it seems that i see trees after trees with wavying grass and a few birds...
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Thumbs Up Re: Evangeline ( fun discovery )

then he is really playing with the names. Thanks for everything αδελφός!
    two ads this time

and visit http://hitana.deviantart.com/ , she has some inspiring pics. esp. "Yummy-75464373".

New Reply
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2