Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (10/6/14 - 10/12/14).
Forum News: The nomination phase of the Community Awards 2014 is live! Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
New Reply
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: [Webtoon] Orange Marmalade by Seok Woo

Vintage Reboot 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity vintagemistakes's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

[Webtoon] Orange Marmalade by Seok Woo

Orange Marmalade
    (오렌지 마말레이드)By SEOK Woo

Manga information

Demographic: Shoujo
    Status in Japan: 8 chapters (ongoing)
    Serialized in: Naver
    Manga Detail Page: Here
    Read Online: http://comic.naver.com/webtoon/list.nhn?titleId=293520

Summary:
    What will happen to a female vampire trying to live a normal school life when she meets the most popular boy in school and nips his neck?

Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted lawlett-kun's Avatar
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Post Thanks / Like

Orange Marmalade

My personal view:

Well probably as you guys have realized already this is a webtoon comics. I highly reccomend it to fans of supernatural romances since I mean we hav a vampire girl here c'mon! What can be better plus webtoon really gives an "anime feeling" which i really like, since some of the shoujo lack the art quality. CHaracters are extremely enjoyable. Highly reccomended!
    Last edited by Charlie; October 21, 2011 at 06:52 PM.

3. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    MH Senpai 九千以上だ! / Kyuusen Ijou Da! / It's Over 9000! phio_chan's Avatar
    Country
    Holy Britannian Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Orange Marmalade by SEOK Woo

I'm at chapter 13 right now and I mainly laughed because the funny yet sweet interaction between Ma Ri and Jae Min. It is cute because the high-leveled boy had to 'lower' himself and go after a strange girl. I'm looking forward to see the day when he knew Ma Ri's real identity. XD

Is it only me or do you also think that the two original band members who asked Ma Ri to join the club are rather annoying? They went as far as putting Ma Ri's photo and such sentence in the flyer. I mean, as if they didn't respect Ma Ri's feelings at all. :|

---------- Post added at 04:41 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:33 PM ----------

This series is just too hilarious. Even though it is also sad for Ma Ri, I can't help laughing at just how the plot is being presented. Ma Ri's anxiety is understandable... It's great that she could endure it like that. Poor Jae Min, as always. I really wonder how they would survive this. XD

Country
    Holy Britannian Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

Hmmmm~ The lovely normal days of Ma Ri and Jae Min is now disturbed with the coming of a new character. I like it. Not that I don't like the chapters so far, but after series of serious business of acceptance regarding vampires existence, I guess we all need a 'break' and get more from the romantic part of the series.

The new boy (I think his name is Si Hoo?) is fairly annoying, the typical vampire brat who likes to show off himself being different to others. And his prey... This couldn't be getting even more interesting. XDD

I wonder who the new person is. For Jae Min to turned like that... Anyone has a speculation?

Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted lawlett-kun's Avatar
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by phio_chan View Post
    Hmmmm~ The lovely normal days of Ma Ri and Jae Min is now disturbed with the coming of a new character. I like it. Not that I don't like the chapters so far, but after series of serious business of acceptance regarding vampires existence, I guess we all need a 'break' and get more from the romantic part of the series.

The new boy (I think his name is Si Hoo?) is fairly annoying, the typical vampire brat who likes to show off himself being different to others. And his prey... This couldn't be getting even more interesting. XDD

I wonder who the new person is. For Jae Min to turned like that... Anyone has a speculation?
    yeah i think its his elder brother or a new father, but id say its his elder brother coz they kinda look a like. I doubt its his real dad

Country
    Holy Britannian Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

If you read the new chapter (chapter 48 if I remember correctly reading last night) that man turns out to be...

Spoiler show

Country
    Holy Britannian Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

Caught up with the latest chapter, chapter 51, this morning.

My reaction:

Finally, some progress. I was happy to see the romance part of this series grew even more, as well as the life about the characters. I was happy to see how everyone seems to open up a bit, and how love advanced~ <33

Totally can't wait for more. I wonder what that white-haired guy would do.

9. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted k-dom's Avatar
    Country
    France
    Post Thanks / Like

I've catched up with this series yesterday, that was a nice read. The obnoxious characters compensate the twilight theme which could lack some originality. Now we arrive to an interesting point and I doubt our heroine can hide her secret longer now. I hope she finds a sweet revenge against the blond girl :-)

11. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Country
    Holy Britannian Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

I finally caught up with this series earlier this afternoon at campus.

I laughed as I read the past few chapters, it was so funny to see the interaction of all the characters. Some sad parts too especially involving the relationship of Jae Min and Ma Ri. Right when it seemed to went well, that happened... I like the twist. Putting aside the fact that the series theme is about vampires, which may be boring or repetitive to certain people, I like how the plot was developed. I think it was natural, nothing being pushed too much. I wonder what will happen from now on. I wish to see Ma Ri takes revenge too, but she's too sweet for me. XDD

I also think that arrogant white-haired vampire is starting to like Ma Ri. Or is it only me?

Country
    France
    Post Thanks / Like

Well the vampire thing seems more like a metaphor for difference than anything else since there is nothing really vampiresque so far but I don't mind.
    I also hope Ma ri get revenge especially since she put the blond witch back to her place so nice the other time. But I'm not sure she is in the right state of mind at the moment. And yes, seems like the white vampire is starting to show the love sickness signs :-). I wonder how the fact that he drink human blood will play a role in the future.

Country
    Holy Britannian Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by k-dom View Post
    I wonder how the fact that he drink human blood will play a role in the future.
    Yeah, that got me wondering too. I believe there must still be other vampires who drink human blood, but there hasn't been any cases of missing people or humans found dead with strange wounds and so on. I'm not sure about this... I think this will play role when Jae Min discovers who Ma Ri actually is. :3

Country
    France
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: [Webtoon] Orange Marmalade by Seok Woo

Finally !
    I guess this resume well this last chapter. Unfortunatly it seems there will be quite a long break before Part 2. I wonder if it will focus more on this music band after what happens.

Country
    Holy Britannian Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

Chapter 70, right, k-dom? I am enjoying how the plot goes to. I like to see how Ma Ri started to open up and fought back, because that is the only way to keep that Ah Ra girl to shut up, in my opinion, haha~ Poor Jae Min. I'm looking forward to see just how this white-haired boy (I forget his name again) will play the next role, he seems to be getting fond of Ma Ri more day by day, and his perspective of humans changed (?) ... :PP

Is there a break stated anywhere? I haven't heard of second season/part too, since we're at important moment now.

Country
    France
    Post Thanks / Like

There is a 71 translation available by another team ( check mangaupdate )
    In batoto forum, someone spoke of a 2 months break :-(

Country
    Holy Britannian Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

Gah, you're right! Chapter 71 is the last chapter of the second part of Orange Marmalade. Well, quite a happy ending, eh? I thought Ma Ri would mention the fact that she is a vampire, but she doesn't... I think Jae Min knows she hides something but decided not to push it too hard on her. How sweet. I don't understand why Si Hoo decided to help Ma Ri, but as long as he behaves I won't have problems with him. As for Ah Ra, she should just hide in the corner. Why did they join the band???? T___T

Anyway, two months break is quite a time. I'll miss the series, but hopefully once it returns we'll get to see more nice development. <3

New Reply
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast