Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (9/8/14 - 9/14/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Gintama 510 (2) , Naruto 692 by aegon-rokudo , Bleach 595 by BadKarma
Thread Closed
Page 132 of 134 FirstFirst ... 32 82 122 130 131 132 133 134 LastLast
Results 1,966 to 1,980 of 2001

Thread: Naruto Tournament Discussion Thread

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member LnDRash's Avatar
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Naruto Tournament Discussion Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Shaunlim View Post
    It's the same as me saying Konohamaru kills Nagato with a kunai to the head after a bunshin trick. Can it happen? Yes. Is it likely to happen? Not likely at all but even if I think that it's a no doesn't mean that everyone feels the same way regarding the same argument.

It's really a matter of perspective really and since all the arguments were already made there, I doubt a better one would suddenly pop up here.
    No offense but that sounds more like a matter of bias then a matter of perspective.
    Click here for what I consider the definition of "simply brilliant"

Quote Originally Posted by syx View Post
    He was once a very charismatic, kind, special and inspiring person. LnDRash was a premium brand, now this brand is called LnDTRash!

Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Shaunlim's Avatar
    Country
    Malaysia
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by LnDRash View Post
    No offense but that sounds more like a matter of bias then a matter of perspective.
    Well even if you put that way then it still differs between people. One person is inclined to be more bias towards another character as compared to another and vice versa. Even if I support someone who's opposing my favourite character doesn't make me any less bias that those that are supporting their favourite. It would simply mean that I'm more impressed with what that character have shown compared to what my favourite character have shown but that doesn't mean that everyone share the same sentiment.

3. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    MH Senpai 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member M3J's Avatar
    Country
    Vatican City State
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Shaunlim View Post
    Fair enough if you think those scenarios can be countered easily but things work both ways IMO. Why would Amateratsu burn through Jiraiya's hair(not that I really agree with this method of countering Amateratsu) before something can be done or why is Orochimaru going to block every single attack? Darkness genjutsu, tree bind, stab with one of the summoned swords/weapons. Not that I agree it would necessarily go that way but it's a possibility. It's the same as me saying Konohamaru kills Nagato with a kunai to the head after a bunshin trick. Can it happen? Yes. Is it likely to happen? Not likely at all but even if I think that it's a no doesn't mean that everyone feels the same way regarding the same argument.

It's really a matter of perspective really and since all the arguments were already made there, I doubt a better one would suddenly pop up here.
    I completely understand what you're saying and agree, but I'd also like to know how something happened. If Konohamaru kills Nagato with a kunai, I'd like to know how it happened. Just someone saying that or implying Nagato stood still wouldn't really work. If they said Konohamaru came up with good plans to stab Nagato in the head, then I wouldn't mind. That's all I want, not 100% definite proof or reason that one will beat the other.

Honestly, one of the fun things about this tournament is seeing people's scenarios of how the fights would go and seeing others counter it, as long as it's reasonable.

5. Like 2 Member(s) likes this post
    Banned MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by benelori
    I'm curious about one thing...would this Itachi's statement argument be used if Jiraiya were to actually meet Itachi here in the tournament? I mean this tournament has a specific setup and all, they don't know each other for example...

It would be used. Just because Itachi won't know his strength doesn't mean Jiraiya's fans won't use their knowledge of his strength in his favor. Or rather what they think his strength is based on Itachi's statement. Even if it's unprovable and his overall displayed strength comes up short to Itachi's displayed strength.

Which it does by the way.

7. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Banned 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
    "Quiapo" = one of the most notorious black market in the world.
    Country
    Philippines
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by M3J View Post
    how not? Itachi could have put Jiraiya in genjutsu while Kisame sucked Jiraiya's chakra or hit him with a jutsu. Many ways Itachi could have taken out Jiraiya or could have kept Jiraiya busy for a while while kidnapping Naruto. .
    That's really the problem is, itachi has the tsukuyomi to cast on jiraiya and yet he just using a babe, jiraiya's weakness, to lure jiraiya out..

If itachi isn't afraid fighting jiraiya then why the heck he never fight him head on.? He can use his tsukuyomi to break jiraiya's spirit, and yet he just using a safe attack to lure jiraiya..

If Itachi was that scared of Jiraiya, why did he only use a basic plan without any backup? Why not have plan B or have more traps for Jiraiya rather than lure him away usin something basic that Jiraiya would see through?.
    Itachi can break jiraiya's spirit in an instant and yet he never done that.. He just using a sexy babe to lure jiraiya out of their way.. Itachi admitted that jiraiya is stronger than him and kisame, infact, itachi's strategy/plan is to use a sexy babe because that's jiraiya's weakness.. That's the weakness on the man for whom they admitted as stronger than the both of them..

Why didn't Itachi immediately kill Asuma and Kurenai? Why did he say he preferred to not fight them? Why didn't he go all out against Kakashi, Asuma, and Kurenai before there was a chance of backup? .
    AS in immediately.? that's an accidental fight.. Itachi doesn't want to fight them because he don't want to kill them. But when kurenai use his genjutsu on kisame and itachi, itachi was on the "killing intent" on kurenai, infact, kurenai is suppose to be dead if he wasn't biten his lipz.

Notice that Itachi never killed Kakashi, and Kakashi was still able to move until Gai joined. Kisame himself said Tsukuyomi was a one-shot kill jutsu, as did Zetsu after Sasuke broke out. Maybe he knew Gai was there, maybe he knew a backup was there, but Gai interfered just as Kisame was about to kill Kurenai and Asuma and take Kakashi back with them..
    Tsukuyomi isn't a one-shot kill jutsu.. and i think you're the one who failed to notice that after itachi's tsukuyomi, his left eye was hurt. He cover his left eye the way he cover at his fight against sasuke when sasuke broke his tsukuyomi.. Itachi can't kill kakashi at that time because he feel the side effect of tsukuyomi.. nothing more, nothing less..

I'm not making this stuff. I'm just thinking deeper into it than just what was shown: looking underneath the underneath. It's not my fault if some others are incapable of doing so.
    yes you are.. You're thinking so deep to satisfy your imagination/assumption..

and from the bold part, So we're incapable of thinking deeper, looking underneath the underneath just to satisfied our imagination.?

Well, maybe i'm incapable in thinking deeper and looking underneath the underneath just like the way your assumption is, but the thing is, mine is different from yours..

9. Thanks 2 Member(s) thanked this post
    Banned 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

What exactly is the argument that Jiraiya's hair will save him from Amaterasu? It burns through everything, including hair and his Needle Jizo, when used for defensive purposes, normally renders him immobile.

Hound of Shadow 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member benelori's Avatar
    Country
    Romania
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by White Silver King View Post
    What exactly is the argument that Jiraiya's hair will save him from Amaterasu? It burns through everything, including hair and his Needle Jizo, when used for defensive purposes, normally renders him immobile.
    Well the fact that he can seal jutsu...or at least that's what I think...the only problem is that it take too much time to be applied in battle

Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity hakuthehedgehog's Avatar
    Country
    Portugal
    Post Thanks / Like

Of course Amaterasu burns through everything, but if Jiraya could anticipate that Itachi would do something, he could go on the defensive and create a hair lion and use to defend himself: Amaterasu would take time to burn through it, and Itachi eventually would have to close his eye.
    Quote Originally Posted by Darth Executor View Post
    On that topic, anyone else think Naruto's the type of guy who would cry after sex?
    Quote Originally Posted by Rikudou King View Post
    I fount it interesting that had Kushina not gotten knocked up, None of them would be in the current situation. She's more responsible for the Uchiha massacre then Danzo and co. Crap, Now Sasuke has a valid reason to use his hatred against Naruto.
    LMFAO

13. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member EMS's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

why people really think that jiraya is a nobody?..i mean he was a sannin and nobody got so close to pein until jiraya fought him and yes after that naruto defeated pein, people don't acknowledged jiraya's strength and he was wise and was good on summoning,sealing jutsu and diferent techniques...i'm a fan of itachi uchiha, itachi was something else, he never got defeated until he let sasuke killed him and his tsutuyomi and MS power was fear by anyone, the problem here is that we saw itachi fight more than jiraya and defeated shinobies so fast and easy while jiraya just fighted pein and got killed...i think if jiraya and itachi actually fought, the battle could go either way but itachi has more chance to win because we never saw him loose a battle and his power was out of this world.

15. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member DementedKirby's Avatar
    Country
    Puerto Rico
    Post Thanks / Like

If your clothes catch fire, you can take them off before you get consumed in the fire yourself. Jiraiya can use his hair, and just extend it and cut it and extend it again to regain the length. My argument was Jiraiya's superior experience and skill against Sasuke. However, if it was Jiraiya against Itachi, as much as I love the old, pervy bastard, he doesn't stand a snowball's chance in hell against Itachi. Itachi's always two steps ahead of his opponent. Itachi humiliatingly owned Orochimaru. And Orochimaru ain't a dumb ninja. If it were Jiraiya vs. Itachi then it's a whole 'nother story. Itachi ain't just some crony wielding a Mangekyou Sharingan. He's frickin' Itachi wielding the Mangekyou.

As for Itachi holding his eye after using Tsukoyomi and then getting weakened after using Amaterasu shortly afterward, we don't know for exactly how long Itachi's been ill. He could've been sick during that period in time already and his sickness limited his stamina. If Itachi eliminated the entire Uchiha clan (even if he had the help of a decrepit Madara), he no doubt spammed his Mangekyou to do so. He even used Tsukoyomi against Sasuke in the end and he didn't even so much as flinch afterwards. So a battle weary Itachi, after eliminating the final members of his clan, still had enough juice left to Tsukoyomi Sasuke and then flee. Clearly, if Itachi had to clutch his eyes that day he visited Konoha, then he must've surely been ill then.

A healthy Itachi in this tournament is a top class contender who I have a hard time seeing fall to some non-astrally epically broken ninja.

17. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted zerocooldx's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by hakuthehedgehog View Post
    Of course Amaterasu burns through everything, but if Jiraya could anticipate that Itachi would do something, he could go on the defensive and create a hair lion and use to defend himself: Amaterasu would take time to burn through it, and Itachi eventually would have to close his eye.
    Why would he have to close his eye? Amaterasu burns on its own. Besides Itachi basically set a good portion of a forest on fire in one sweep of Amaterasu while "chasing" Sasuke. And Sasuke set the Hachibi on fire in one burst as well. Point being that a single burst of Amaterasu can cover a very large surface area. So I don't think a bundle of hair, no matter what shape it takes, is going to do anything against Amaterasu.

"Upon the back of his body not a wound of retreat scars it."
    One Piece is a series created by a genius, it's a masterpiece, it's like a fine wine, it only gets better with time.

... 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member 3c's Avatar
    Country
    Norway
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by DementedKirby View Post
    A healthy Itachi in this tournament is a top class contender who I have a hard time seeing fall to some non-astrally epically broken ninja.
    Itachi isn't healthy in the tournament. He's exactly like he was in his fight against Sasuke, only his sickness won't function as a "time limit" so he won't fall over and die after 10 minutes, and he won't constantly cough up blood.

Spoiler: Rules Info on Itachi show

Registered User 九千以上だ! / Kyuusen Ijou Da! / It's Over 9000! mattiaildivino's Avatar
    Country
    Italy
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by hakuthehedgehog View Post
    well,Gaara rejected amaterasu too,and sasuke's amaterasu was stronger than itachi's. gaara rejected it with his sand,moving the grains which were burnt.jiraiya might do the same.

Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity hakuthehedgehog's Avatar
    Country
    Portugal
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by zerocooldx View Post
    Why would he have to close his eye? Amaterasu burns on its own. Besides Itachi basically set a good portion of a forest on fire in one sweep of Amaterasu while "chasing" Sasuke. And Sasuke set the Hachibi on fire in one burst as well. Point being that a single burst of Amaterasu can cover a very large surface area. So I don't think a bundle of hair, no matter what shape it takes, is going to do anything against Amaterasu.
    After Itachi closed it's eye, Jiraya would detach his hair, and IMO, he can grow hair at the same rate Itachi can create amaterasu.
    At a direct clash, the amount of flames Itachi should be able to create is this: http://www.narutobase.net/manga/Naruto/389/16
    Versus: ~http://www.narutobase.net/manga/Naruto/374/6
    Quote Originally Posted by Darth Executor View Post
    On that topic, anyone else think Naruto's the type of guy who would cry after sex?
    Quote Originally Posted by Rikudou King View Post
    I fount it interesting that had Kushina not gotten knocked up, None of them would be in the current situation. She's more responsible for the Uchiha massacre then Danzo and co. Crap, Now Sasuke has a valid reason to use his hatred against Naruto.
    LMFAO

22. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Banned MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Jiraiya's hair doesn't have the consistency of the metal that protected the samurai from Amaterasu (unless he's in sage mode actually). Clothing hit by it (regular clothing) evaporate far shorter and I'm not sure Jiraiya's hair can outgrow the speed at which the flames spread. Gaara's sand was able to block amaterasu by replacing the burnt sand with fresh sand to keep it at bay. Even if Jiraiya's hair can hold the fralmes off for a while he'd have to continue pumping chakra into the jutsu to gradually grow more and more hair.

Also, what does he use to cut the hair off again? I was under the impression it recedes into it's normal shape after it's used.
    Last edited by 3c; July 06, 2011 at 03:49 AM.

Thread Closed
Page 132 of 134 FirstFirst ... 32 82 122 130 131 132 133 134 LastLast