Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (7/21/14 - 7/27/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Gintama 503 by kewl0210 , One Piece 753 by cnet128 , Bleach 589 (2)
Thread Closed
Page 4 of 134 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 14 54 104 ... LastLast

Thread: Naruto Tournament Discussion Thread

Banned 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Naruto Tournament Discussion Thread

Quote Quote:
    Since we will be allowing a certain amount of prior knowledge to be known i.e Kakashi has a Sharingan, Shodai was a Mokuton user, Itachi is an Uchiha... There is the issue of how much prior knowledge one has before facing him. Not knowing anything is instant doom for many, if not all of the participants. So, do they know what each path can do, the recharge time for Shinra Tensei, etc... In the end the fact that he is uber strong and there are too many things that need to be covered, he isn't going to be allowed.
    Not to be over analytical but then how can Hidan be included? His entire fighting style revolves around his enemies not knowing what he can do. If they know he needs their blood, he becomes little more than TenTen but if they don't know hes nearly invincible (much more so than Sasori with his poisons).

Quote Quote:
    for the last one on the top tier why don't kin/gin get added as one opponent they work well together and can use the kyuubi shroud and the RS items. also ET should be allowed but limit it to one or 3 zombies for either the 2nd hokage, oro, and kabuto.
    Because it'd be a 2 vs 1 (or a 4 on 1 battle in the case of ET) battle which is not fair.

I agree with the no ET. The should be directly based on the opponents intrinsic and individual skills, not their ability to have someone else do their work for them.

Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity NAM61's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

so are summoning available to use in battle like jiriaya and naruto using frogs, oro and kabuto snakes?

Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted xXan's Avatar
    Country
    Romania
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by NAM61 View Post
    so are summoning available to use in battle like jiriaya and naruto using frogs, oro and kabuto snakes?
    I don't see why not:P

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member AlB's Avatar
    Country
    Georgia
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by 3c View Post
    First things first. I am one of the moderators in charge of the tournament. I already adressed Sasori's poison and said it was allowed. I also clarified about the neutral ground issue. If you use jdw's post, it will be what he said last "the battlefield will have both", although the battlefield won't be so that the fighters are fully in their element. So e.g. a water source would be there but not a giant lake of "unlimited" water source.
    I thought that you said it was allowed for discussion. my bad

Whoever said Itachi got a healthy body? What was said was "Itachi and Kimimaro are capable of what they've shown." This means that they won't be more powerful than they've shown. Ergo they are sick. Although "They won't fall over and die in combat so don't consider their sickness as a "time limit" or decisive factor." Which means that even though they are technically sick, the battle won't be decided by something like "Itachi and Kimimaro only lasted roughly 10 minutes in the manga, they won't last long in this fight as their sickness will kill them". They are sick but won't die from it in battle, after all how much better they were while healthy is pure assumption. This might however change in Kimimaro's case over the coming weeks so stay tuned.
    5. Itachi and Kimimaro are capable of what they've shown. They won't fall over and die in combat so don't consider their sickness as a "time limit" or decisive factor.

That basically means that "Itachi's sickness will not be an issue for him" no?
    What I suggest is that there should be a limit for Itachi using at least Susanoo. e.g. with not as great frequency as Sasuke.

Nagato is not that nerfed. He still has all the path's abilities minus one. He simply has them in his own healthy body and not spread out to six bodies. I wouldn't consider a guy capable of great speed feats and with a healthy body with 99% of the Rinnegan's powers a weak candidate.
    It is my firm belief, that Nagato in a single body does not possess as much potential as Nagatio as a six paths. He will lose his informational advantage, advantage over amaterasu, etc. But as they say: Right you are, Boss!

Quote Originally Posted by benelori View Post
    There will be answers, please be patient...

We've discussed all these problems, before creating this section, and while there were many pro and contra arguments, we chose this direction...the tournament was designed to have a certain balance, to enable actual discussion and not comments like:this is ridiculous, what a match-up, it's roflstomp for <insert character>

But that's why we created this, before the tournament's start...to brainstorm with you guys and see your arguments as well...

When there's a question like limitations, things are being discussed...so patience is key

There's still time, because

And in the mean time we might find out some new stuff about these characters via ET, so...
    Aye aye sir! I'll be on a standby!

Thanks for the replies guys, really appreciated!
    Last edited by AlB; March 27, 2011 at 04:34 PM.

GOT MILLKKK? 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member 3c's Avatar
    Country
    Norway
    Post Thanks / Like

After further discussion Gai and Lee's limits have been taken away. They will both be able to use as many gates as they've shown in the manga. Meaning 7 for Gai and 5 for Lee. Thanks for all the posts guys, it's great to see you all so interested in the tournament

Quote Originally Posted by Delbi View Post
    Isn't it sort of unfair that Nagato gets his healthy body, yet Kimi and Itachi are both sick? Both of their illnesses, much more Itachi's made them weaker. I know we don't want to leave anything to speculation, but hacking up blood mid battle and being unable to dodge attacks kind of hinders what Itachi is "supposed to be".
    Also, is Itachi nearly blind like when he fought Sasuke, or does he have his "good" vision that he had back in part 1?

Is Madara really going to be that much stronger, than say Sasuke with EMS, or Naruto with full control over the Kyuubi? We don't know yet what Naruto and Sasuke are fully capable of yet, same goes for someone like Muu who could be freakishly powerful. So making Madara weaker in the end might be pointless because he may not even be the strongest character in the tournament in a few weeks.
    Itachi & Kimimaro
    You raise a good question with the eyesight issue. Let me put it shortly. Like it was said in the rules thread, Itachi and Kimimaro are as strong as they've been shown. Let's face it, Itachi was more than strong enough even as a 95% blind man. His eyesight isn't any better than shown in the manga, BUT it won't get worse in battle no matter how much he uses MS. The extent of how much he can use MS is therefore solely based on his stamina level and how much pain he can take from using Susano'o.

Summary: Itachi and Kimimaro are just like they were before their death. However their sickness won't hinder them in terms of making them cough up blood and fall over and die. It doesn't function as a time limit.

Nagato, Madara, Naruto & Sasuke
    This can't really be compared to Nagato as he had to be given healthy legs to be able to fight in his own body. Pain is still by far the strongest fighter in the manga and would break the power cap in the tournament with the lack of info we have about Madara, Naruto and Sasuke. Since we know literally nothing about Sasuke's new powers, he's just as strong as shown in the manga, meaning MS Sasuke with 100% eyesight (because of EMS, that's all we know about it). Naruto is like he has shown so far, and we don't know much about his powers while in Rikudou Mode, so he too isn't much stronger (if at all) than he was against Kyuubi.

I will update the rules to clear up some issues. Take in mind that things can change like with every other detail as the actual launch is a while away, plus new info can arrive (especially in Kimimaro's case)

Quote Originally Posted by THM Nindo View Post
    Still, it feels weird that we can't have everyone go "all-out".
    And they are pretty much the only ones that are restricted...
    Some restrictions are necessary to make the tournament balanced. I know it sucks but it must be done to make it as balanced as it can be even if it's unfair to a small fraction of the characters. The tournament is for entertainment purposes after all. Without the restrictions the tournament would probably be like the kid tournament in Dragonball Z where Trunks and Goten played their way to the finals (exaggerated). Madara with Rinnegan and Pain would probably not have an equally easy time, but they would probably be the strongest two and clear favorites. Personally I would rather nerf a few characters (which pains me to support, believe me) than discuss a tournament where I know that one of two characters are definitely winning. Would you enjoy such a tournament more?

Quote Originally Posted by NAM61 View Post
    Of course.

Quote Originally Posted by AlB View Post
    It is my firm belief, that Nagato in a single body does not possess as much potential as Nagatio as a six paths. He will lose his informational advantage, advantage over amaterasu, etc. But as they say: Right you are, Boss! !
    I agree, Nagato is probably weaker when fighting in a single body compared to using six. However he has one advantage when fighting in one body, if he stays alive he will still have all the path's powers (minus cyborg-Asura) intact, unlike when he uses the Six Paths and a body dies. Let's not downplay him too much, he can still summon all of his many summons and cause chaos with them, he can use Preta Path's ability to absorb all ninjutsu, he can use Shinra Tensei like normal, he grabs your head and your soul is gone. Nagato is still a monstrous fighter. Given his offensive and defensive arsenal (it's quite imbalanced with Fat Pain AND Deva Path in one body) he's not easy to get around. He's probably a little weaker than when using Pain yes, but I would only nudge him down a small notch. He's literally packed with power.
    Last edited by 3c; March 27, 2011 at 05:55 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    Don't. Be. A. Steph.

6. Thanks 2 Member(s) thanked this post
    MangaHelper MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Rikudou King's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by xXan View Post
    First off its only logical to asume he will start with all 6 realms on the field. This is really not a good reason.
    Also going with how much info people got on the other dudes it is only normal that peeps will have 0 info on Pein.
    Now if you think people having 0 info on Pein = defeat how about:

Itachi and tsukuyomi = instant defeat to ALL peeps but Itachi and Sasuke.
    Itachi/Sasuke with Amaterasu is instant defeat to most of them. exceptions are some but not many.
    Itachi's Susano and the weapons = invincible Itachi (as stated by PlantBoy and i have to agree). The only one i see stoping him is Deva with CT but Nagato would have 0 chanses to even get to use CT vs Itachi.
    Of course Madara could buy some time but that is it(intangibility, teleport).
    Madara's teleport you up would be instant win vs all but Minato(he has ST to actualy get away). This is all considering Susano would not go up instantly, with Susano the brothers could put up a fight.
    Nerfing Nagato but allowing the Uchiha to instantly win fights is not right with me. Expecialy with the rull that states peeps don't know what Itachi can do is instant loss vs his tsukuyomi. Basic info about the sharingan right?

The way i see it with this rules the finalist are all going to be Uchihas ...
    Even Raikaige has 0 chanses to fight off Itachi, curent Sasuke or Madara.
    Bee? 1 amaterasu and he is done (we got to see this part in the manga).
    Naruto? Grreees brr genjutsu = done.
    Who exacly is going to fight off the Uchihas? Yes sure let's remove Pein because he would be the only one to stop the Uchihas from dominating... To much hating around here on Nagato...
    Also i would accept the rules if you name 1 person that would have any chanse on defeating the Uchiha. 1vs1 with Itachi its a death sentence for anybody but another Uchiha.. Great no?
    There are several contestants that provide a good enough counter to the Uchihas to keep them from simply instantly winning due to their own unique abilities. Some can counter or are immune to the usage of Tsukuyomi and some that can simply take a huge amount of damage without being stopped.

Kirabi, Ee, Sasori, Kakuzu, and possibly Deidara are all opponents not effected greatly by genjutsu and Gai, Ee, Gaara, Danzo, Orochimaru, and Kakuzu are all that are either fast enough to evade Amaterasu or strong enough to tank a hit.

Vintage Reboot 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity vintagemistakes's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

I agree with Rikudou. The whole notion of MS/EMS as being the end all of all jutsu as sort of taken a hit as the skill level of shinobi has gone up. Way back in Part I, Kakashi made Itachi's genjtusu abilities out to be godly, Sure they are when you put them against Asuma and Kurenai. However, as the series has developed, the stronger characters don't really seem to even bat an eye at the thought of them. I mean, when Sasuke attacked the Kage Summit, both Raikage and Mei didn't even seem to care that Sasuke was an Uchiha and had a Sharingan. It's a non factor as far as they are concerned. Now certainly that doesn't meant that they have a simple counter to it, but that also doesn't mean that they will easily be hit by it.

Quote Originally Posted by White Silver King View Post
    Not to be over analytical but then how can Hidan be included? His entire fighting style revolves around his enemies not knowing what he can do. If they know he needs their blood, he becomes little more than TenTen but if they don't know hes nearly invincible (much more so than Sasori with his poisons).
    The prior knowledge only goes as far as knowing very basic, widely known, and general things about you opponent. Everyone seems to know that Kisame was a Seven Swordsmen, but they don't seem to know what Samehada is capable of. The same goes with knowing that Sasori is a puppet master. However, they don't know that he has the Iron Sand Kazekage as a puppet. Only the most general of things.

As for Hidans abilities, I would say that they are unknown to everyone. The same with Kakazu's five hearts and that each of them carry a element with them. Secret techs will not be known to others.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member RezzieThaRapper's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Would it be possible to give a fixed amount of info on the 6 paths of Pein in order for him to not be so over powered... along with a restriction...

Like for instance....

-Negato(The Main Body) doesn't have to be killed in order to win
    -Pein cannot bring his bodies back to life (so no Naraka/Outer path)
    -All enemies know 1 body summons, 1 body controls gravity, 1 body absorbs ninjutsu, & 1 body blows up stuff... but not which one does what..
    -Asura could be included and Human could be sidelined...

This brings the number of Peins to 4... No Asura and no Naraka

You are left with
    Deva Path - Gravity Manipulation, And he can make it rain
    Animal Path - Summonings
    Asura - Long Range, Projectiles
    Preta Path - The path who can Tank attacks (But not Taijutsu)

With Human, Asura, & Naraka gone... the fights seem a lot more even, he keeps his strategy and signature moves, and other people have a fighting chance...

With the info, people with brains (i.e. Kakashi) and people with power (i.e. Raikage) have equal oppurtunity... and everyone in the top Tier now has a fighting chance again...
    I have an opinionDon't hate me for it...

MH Senpai 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member M3J's Avatar
    Country
    Vatican City State
    Post Thanks / Like

Pain is simply too overpowered, even if Nagato isn't that bright. It's better if it's Nagato vs. whatever since the enemy stands more of a chance winning. Nagato still has most of his power we've seen, like Shinra Tensei and summoning, so I have no idea why there's some complaints. I'm sure he'll be able to walk on his two legs in this fight.

Unless people are aware think that Nagato's nothing without his bodies.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member vizardichigo's Avatar
    Country
    Trinidad and Tobago
    Post Thanks / Like

Nagato already wins this IMO...Definitely the most powerful ninja we have seen within the series and as Nagato not Pain, he can use all the jutsu the 6 paths could use in one body which is much more convenient and effective IMO....Even as Pain he would win this tournament. But some of the match ups should be interesting, looking forward to them...
    Thank You Kubo...You have proven once and for all, that Yamamoto Genryuusai is STRONGER THAN AIZEN SOUSUKE despite what the fanboys think

Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Delbi's Avatar
    Country
    The Wall
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by vizardichigo View Post
    Nagato already wins this IMO...Definitely the most powerful ninja we have seen within the series and as Nagato not Pain, he can use all the jutsu the 6 paths could use in one body which is much more convenient and effective IMO....Even as Pain he would win this tournament. But some of the match ups should be interesting, looking forward to them...
    Keep in mind he is very vulnerable as just himself, Hanzo proved that. And he can't bring himself back to life.

Naruto, Gai, Konan, Sasori, Sasuke, Itachi, Jiraiya, Minato, Orochimaru, and even Kakashi thanks to Kamui all stand a great chance of defeating Nagato.

Hell, if you ask me Gai would slaughter him as soon as he opened the gates it wouldn't even be a contest.
    Last edited by Delbi; March 27, 2011 at 11:42 PM.
    "The line dividing good and evil cuts through the heart of every human being. And who is willing to destroy a piece of his own heart?” - Aleksandr Solzhenitsyn

13. Thanks 4 Member(s) thanked this post
    Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member Hauradrims3's Avatar
    Country
    Serbia
    Post Thanks / Like

quick question: who has samehada? Kisame or bee?

MangaHelper MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Rikudou King's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Kisame has Samehada. Kirabi has just his normal swords.

16. Thanks 2 Member(s) thanked this post
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member MonsterEnvy's Avatar
    Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

Kimmimaro wins low teir none of the others can hurt him in his teir

also why were the members of the sound 4 shafted from the low teir
    Last edited by MonsterEnvy; March 28, 2011 at 12:13 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    Know your Place Humans

MH Senpai 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member M3J's Avatar
    Country
    Vatican City State
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by MonsterEnvy View Post
    Kimmimaro wins low teir none of the others can hurt him in his teir
    I think Neji and Yamato stand a good chance though. Neji's style of fighting is way different from Rock Lee's and Gaara's. His ability to stop chakra could be very troublesome for Kimimaro and Yamato's mokuton is no slouch either, methinks. Plus, we didn't see Rock Lee open his gates.

Thread Closed
Page 4 of 134 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 14 54 104 ... LastLast