Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (7/21/14 - 7/27/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Gintama 503 by kewl0210 , One Piece 753 by cnet128 , Bleach 589 (2)
Thread Closed
Page 44 of 134 FirstFirst ... 34 42 43 44 45 46 54 94 ... LastLast

Thread: Naruto Tournament Discussion Thread

Registered User 九千以上だ! / Kyuusen Ijou Da! / It's Over 9000! mattiaildivino's Avatar
    Country
    Italy
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Naruto Tournament Discussion Thread

are summons allowed? can jiraiya summon pa,ma and the other toads?

GOT MILLKKK? 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member 3c's Avatar
    Country
    Norway
    Post Thanks / Like

I highly doubt that even a normal Shinra Tensei wouldn't knock out normal people or at least heavily damage them. A "normal" ST pretty much owned Hinata, and she's a "normal person" without any super enhanced body abilities like Naruto in Sage Mode (which is the reason why he shrugged off ST so easily as he was so resistant to damage). The damage is heavily influenced by the force the person hits something with. Like with Hinata she was slammed into the ground and thus more or less knocked out. Without having defensive boosts like Sage Mode, Susano'o etc the person would take quite a lot of damage even from a normal ST. Imagine if the force is multiplied enough to throw boss summons hundreds of meters or erase Konoha. Nothing would be left of the person. There's a reason why Tsunade made Katsuyu protect all of Konoha's inhabitants, if not they would probably all have died.

Quote Originally Posted by mattiaildivino View Post
    are summons allowed? can jiraiya summon pa,ma and the other toads?
    Yes. Only Edo Tensei is disallowed as summoning.
    Last edited by 3c; May 23, 2011 at 06:55 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    Don't. Be. A. Steph.

3. Thanks 4 Member(s) thanked this post
    Intl Translator MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted juUnior's Avatar
    Country
    Poland
    Post Thanks / Like

About past battles, top tier: I wasn't surprised that Konan win; Kakashi was just even more sure win considering his opponent <devastating win, wish to say at the end: "finish him!" xD>

Low tier: Shino wins - rather nothing special, and Neji vs Kiba.. well, Neji even more carbstomps Kiba than Kakashi did to Kitsuchi Well.. "finish him!" - fatality with 64 strikes

About new fights: Ji-man's and Shika's battle mostly interest me ^^I mean: Sasori's battle also interest me, but with Sasuke as an opponent.. yeah xd
    ..:: I LoVe I's ::.. [Naruto] Share your thoughts on: Boobies

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by 3c View Post
    I highly doubt that even a normal Shinra Tensei wouldn't knock out normal people or at least heavily damage them. A "normal" ST pretty much owned Hinata, and she's a "normal person" without any super enhanced body abilities like Naruto in Sage Mode (which is the reason why he shrugged off ST so easily as he was so resistant to damage). The damage is heavily influenced by the force the person hits something with. Like with Hinata she was slammed into the ground and thus more or less knocked out. Without having defensive boosts like Sage Mode, Susano'o etc the person would take quite a lot of damage even from a normal ST. Imagine if the force is multiplied enough to throw boss summons hundreds of meters or erase Konoha. Nothing would be left of the person. There's a reason why Tsunade made Katsuyu protect all of Konoha's inhabitants, if not they would probably all have died.
    <hr noshade size="1">

We were talking about only shockwave damage.

We were saying for instance ; remove the land,buildings and everything that can be in the way, how much damage would it do to a body?

Hinata suffered great damage from being thrown against the ground.

Of course, at some point, Nagato can create a massive ST and it would be able to kill, but lets not forget people in Konoha were among buildings and such thing that is wasnt only the shockwave.

My point was, buildings and bodies dont react the same, and the ST used on the bosss summons didnt kill them in mid-air, it's when they hit the walls that they got injured, yet didnt die.

Human bodies won't die from this ST either, this is pure physic, the bigger you are and the more resistance you oppose on yourself when you hit something, so had it been 3 human bodies they wouldnt have suffered additionnal damage.

@ Xxan

Quote Quote:
    ST is not gravity. Gravity does not repel things, only attract. Also the density of the bones and flesh and defenetly the outer layer of the body would be important on how much damage a human would take in comparison the a huge frog.

ST would be better compared to magnetism but this also would not make much sense as magnets don't exacly repeal anything like flesh.

The way i look at ST is a giant blast of pure force.
    It's both Gravity and repulsions, Kakashi commented on it as being the case as well.

http://somemanga.com/alt/Naruto/423/cm/4/

Of course Shinra tensei uses force, and gravity is a force.

The difference now is that Nagato is the center of attraction and repulsion, and he decides how big the gravity constant gets.

So without a doubt, at some point, a ST will be strong enough to obliterate a body, but the only ST that has so far the potential of killing someone with his shockwave is the city buster one, any of the other ones we've seen was far from being enough to do anywhere near this kind of damage.

Either way, if city buster ST is used, given that there is a landscape and things in the way, the victim will hit something, and will die from that without a doubt, if he has no protection that is.
    Last edited by insid3rkill3r; May 23, 2011 at 04:33 PM.

My child, do not hesitate, it is the path you chose after all.
    Our suffering will only last an instant, it is nothing compared to what you will have to face.
    Our opinions may differ, but i am still proud of you - Fugaku
    -

6. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    MangaHelper MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Rikudou King's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by xXan View Post
    Actualy it was. 1 we know the rasengan does insane levels of interior damage (kabuto) and we also got to see a part that was somewhat away from the point of impact getting damaged(the hand). Also Minato already proved you can hit Madara without realizing it, yes in the back but 30 cm above would have made no diference aside from the plot shield.
    Internal damage wouldn't cause a hand to fall out. That was due to Madara's unique body. Madara had no trouble continuing standing and jumping around. It took Minato several attempts before he manage to hit Madara and in this situation, Madara has no reason to not warp Minato instantly instead of standing and talking.

MH Senpai 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member M3J's Avatar
    Country
    Vatican City State
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by 3c View Post
    <hr noshade size="1">

Look at what she hit though. I don't think the ground was like that, but after SHinra Tensei, the ground looked pretty cracked and all, which meant Shinra Tensei pushed Hinata with enough force to hurt her badly when she hit the ground.

Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted ninjabot's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Kakashi ate like, 2 Shinra Tensei if we're talking about normal ninja. One of which was when he was still partially in the ground, meaning he was literally crushed into the ground.

By that logic, I'm pretty sure you've gotta be on the weaker end of the strength or endurance side of things if you're to be oneshotted by a basic Shinra Tensei.

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Country
    Australia
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by M3J View Post
    Look at what she hit though. I don't think the ground was like that, but after SHinra Tensei, the ground looked pretty cracked and all, which meant Shinra Tensei pushed Hinata with enough force to hurt her badly when she hit the ground.
    But if we look at the ground beneath her its not like she got half burried or the cracks on the ground came from her impact:
    http://www.mangareader.net/93-443-2/...apter-438.html

While she created a lot of dust, the ground under her is relatively flat:
    http://www.mangareader.net/93-443-5/...apter-438.html

The damage seems to be from ST going through her whole body and inflicting internal damage - more so than impact at least.
    [IMG]http://i204.photobucket.com/albums/bb57/Jonas64/Kilrik.jpg[/IMG]

Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

The ground greatly lifted upward, the impact between her body and the ground was severe, which is why it lifted.

It's not hard to realise that the ST is obviously not what caused the most damage here to Hinata, but rather the resistance that was created by the ground against her.

And that is what i'm saying, this shows you how resistant Naruto characters are, Hinata was resistant enough to cause the ground to actually be torn up, which means her physical resistance was great enough to actually overcome the ground's resistance and push it to give weight.

She obviously suffered great damage from it, yet she wasnt obliterated.

Our suffering will only last an instant, it is nothing compared to what you will have to face.
    -

Country
    Australia
    Post Thanks / Like

^ Absolutely not.

For a person to even begin to think that the cracks on the ground originated from Hinta's impact the biggest indentation should be underneath Hinatas body.

But its not:

The damage on the ground was made purely from TS, and even had Hinata not been in the blast zone...the cracks would still be exactly as they are. Thats why it form a near perfect arc of TS radius.

Again the state of the ground underneath her body indicates her slam into it could not be as great as it could...otherwise she would be at the centre of the crater, with cracks orginating from the impact.

A TS less than a city buster but not concentrated to a part of the body i.e. larger than a whole body = affecting all of it at once, did major damage to a normal person = Hinata.

The pressure above her body from TS is what seems to have caused the most damage rather than the flat/virtually untouched ground beneath her.
    Last edited by Waking_Dreamer; May 23, 2011 at 09:14 PM.

13. Thanks 2 Member(s) thanked this post
    Banned 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Quote:
    None of them were ever told to be all that impressive or powerful aside from the two brothers and Tsuande.
    There was a notable genjutsu user among them. The girl with the bun standing to Hashirama's left in the flashback picture I believe.

Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Waking_Dreamer View Post
    ^ Absolutely not.

For a person to even begin to think that the cracks on the ground originated from Hinta's impact the biggest indentation should be underneath Hinatas body.

But its not:

The damage on the ground was made purely from TS, and even had Hinata not been in the blast zone...the cracks would still be exactly as they are. Thats why it form a near perfect arc of TS radius.

Again the state of the ground underneath her body indicates her slam into it could not be as great as it could...otherwise she would be at the centre of the crater, with cracks orginating from the impact.

A TS less than a city buster but not concentrated to a part of the body i.e. larger than a whole body = affecting all of it at once, did major damage to a normal person = Hinata.

The pressure above her body from TS is what seems to have caused the most damage rather than the flat/virtually untouched ground beneath her.

Are you certain?

Notice here, everything is clean,

http://somemanga.com/alt/Naruto/437/cm/9/

And now here, Hinata is being pushed unto the ground by ST, and you see the ground as it's being torn apart and lifted upward because of the preassure, this is as clear as it gets.

http://somemanga.com/alt/Naruto/437/me/12/

She is in the middle of it all, he targeted her, and slammed her into the ground.

Kakashi and co. got hit by Shinra tensei like twice before being incapacitated, and that was because Kakashi was stuck into the ground.

The damage caused by that ST was superior to this one, as we have seen how the buildings arround got blown off badly, yet the shockwave didnt do anywhere near the damage it did to Hinata, and thats because she was at point blank, and she instansly got smacked into the ground.
    Last edited by insid3rkill3r; May 23, 2011 at 10:00 PM.

-

Country
    Australia
    Post Thanks / Like

^ Links dont work.

17. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    MH Senpai 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member M3J's Avatar
    Country
    Vatican City State
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Waking_Dreamer View Post
    But if we look at the ground beneath her its not like she got half burried or the cracks on the ground came from her impact:
    http://www.mangareader.net/93-443-2/...apter-438.html

While she created a lot of dust, the ground under her is relatively flat:
    http://www.mangareader.net/93-443-5/...apter-438.html

The damage seems to be from ST going through her whole body and inflicting internal damage - more so than impact at least.
    She wouldn't necessarily need to get buried if the ground's solid. There were cracks, but it doesn't look like anything decreased in elevation/got pushed down. Though, your next post about the arc thing does make sense, but it was more the impact of hitting the ground that hurt Hinata the most. Shinra Tensei was used two times without killing Kakashi, Chouji, or Chaoza. We only saw them hurt after they hit rubble.

Same with Naruto's bunshin as well (though the tajuu kage bunshin keeping Naruto from being blown back proves otherwise). It disappeared after Deva used Shinra Tensei right before Naruto could hit Hungry Ghost and Deva. Of course, the force or the shock of the force did get to Naruto.

Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

http://www.mangareader.net/93-442-13...apter-437.html

She was right in the middle of it when she hit the ground.

http://www.mangareader.net/93-443-6/...apter-438.html

And look here, Kyuubi withstands ST and backfires it right at God realm, he is thrown back yet isnt harmed at all.

The damage caused to the ground was simply rediculously more devastating.
    Last edited by insid3rkill3r; May 23, 2011 at 11:01 PM.

-

Thread Closed
Page 44 of 134 FirstFirst ... 34 42 43 44 45 46 54 94 ... LastLast