Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (9/22/14 - 9/28/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Thread Closed
Page 84 of 134 FirstFirst ... 34 74 82 83 84 85 86 94 ... LastLast
Results 1,246 to 1,260 of 2001

Thread: Naruto Tournament Discussion Thread

Registered User 九千以上だ! / Kyuusen Ijou Da! / It's Over 9000! mattiaildivino's Avatar
    Country
    Italy
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Naruto Tournament Discussion Thread

characters are fighting at their best,then Hiruzen should be how he was at least 10 years before Oro's war. I'd say his strongest age was after Minato's death when he learnt the dead demon seal. is he fighting as he was in that time? if he is he should be able to defeat Orochimaru,hashirama and tobirama. is Enma younger too?

Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted xXan's Avatar
    Country
    Romania
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by mattiaildivino View Post
    characters are fighting at their best,then Hiruzen should be how he was at least 10 years before Oro's war. I'd say his strongest age was after Minato's death when he learnt the dead demon seal. is he fighting as he was in that time? if he is he should be able to defeat Orochimaru,hashirama and tobirama. is Enma younger too?
    They are not fighting at there prime. We use there curent versions (or last incarnations before they died).

3. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Intl Translator MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted juUnior's Avatar
    Country
    Poland
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by mattiaildivino
    characters are fighting at their best,then Hiruzen should be how he was at least 10 years before Oro's war.
    No, no, no, it would be reading into this tooooooo much. Let's not get it more complicated than it already is methinks ^^
    ..:: I LoVe I's ::.. [Naruto] Share your thoughts on: Boobies

5. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
    Country
    Croatia
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Deepak5191 View Post
    Minato has shown many times to have insanely amazing base speed. He shunshined to save baby Naruto from being stabbed by Madara. He shunshined Kushina away right before she got crushed. He reacted to Madara coming up behind him and stabbed him in the head before he could even touch him, although that was avoided by his phasing.

Sasuke's greatest speed feat was using shunshin to attack Deidara who barely avoided it. Deidara claims that it is pretty fast and dangerous but that is coming from a guy who keeps getting punched in the face by people and overall low reflexes. He was surprised by this somehow. He was caught by Danzo, an old man way past his prime. Sasuke had Sakura in a similar position to what Madara had baby Naruto in but failed to finish the job due to a SM Naruto. SM Naruto is fast but Pein was able to fight him with taijutsu a couple times, so its not unavoidably fast.

Itachi had good reflexes but didn't have the body to make perfect use of it so we don't know the extent of his physical abilities. He did get hit with a partial blow by Sasuke's last fire attack when they were fighting but I'll let that go as he was probably exhausted.

Fact of the matter is that everyone praises Minato as the fastest ninja alive. Tobirama senju had S/T jutsu as well but no one comments about him on his speed. So does Madara and again they comment on the fact that he has better S/T jutsu than the Fourth but nothing about his speed. Minato is fast, deal with it. Maybe not as fast as the Raikage in RA armor compared to his base mode, but fast enough to be known for it. And if someone who isn't known for speed but can react to RA Raikage can dodge an attack, then Minato can.
    so to insult sasuke you are now insulting deidara, i mean minato showed same speed as sasuke and kakashi, it wasnt anything special(not to the point so he can dominate anyone)
    he is known as yellow flash because hirashin not shunshin
    so to go to the point hirashin(minato speed jutsu) doesnt have anything to do with regular speed so he doesnt have to have huge base speed

so on sasuke points, he didnt evade just because he scored deadly hit, against sakura he was 80% blind and exsausted , also Madara never wanted to kill, Minato said it himself, so you are ignoring what you dont like
    Quote Originally Posted by xXan View Post
    JMan is just stating that he does not know anybody that can beat Hanzo(from the living people of course). He is not saying he is the best as he already found out Pein owned him. I see no problem with what he stated there. You tell me who aside from Pein could beat Hanzo back then when we have so limited information from the rest and Hanzo himself and only use infomations JMan would have acces to.
    how convinient for you, you like you take it, you dont like it , you reform it

Quote Originally Posted by kakashidad View Post
    Hello there khar2...let me fill you in on something,if i may....It's gonna sound cheeky but believe me it's not
    meant to be.I can read..lol.Madara is what you call a classic type villian.Part of his baddest is his abilities of deception
    ...you must of seen him say.''It takes art to manipulate the darkness in someone heart''...this is clear indicator that
    he is NOT to be trusted!Anything that comes out of his mouth should be viewed with caution until independantly verified.kakashi naruto and tenzo all agreed to this if you remember...(i hope you have not got selective memory lol).

Now the trolling of Minato,You can't get any better facts or truth than the manga itself.That is pretty standard in
    all things.If there is actual evidence to something..documented!Then a bogus argument has no legs and will get
    laughed out of court or whatever arena it's based in.So for you to admit that i'm quoting the manga and i assume CORRECTLY?Then i'm chuffed to bits.It means we few Minato fans lol.Have you lot on the run.The debate will
    desend into sly snipes if we're not to careful...and all because one side.Cannot reason properly...Peace now.

---------- Post added at 10:58 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:22 AM ----------

hmm,Is sasuke and itachi alike jdw?That's where i was coming from.Raikage was clowning sasuke to the extent
    that.He had to come up with a defensive tactic.Just to live though that conflict.He could not read his movement.
    Itachi my boy and all.But i think he may have struggled with landing amaterasu...oh, wait a minute.He can cast a
    genjutsu with his finger...right i see now lol.I wonder if increasing his raiton armour,Would it act like disturbing his
    chakra...as a form of escaping said genjutsu?

Minato vs itachi would be a decent fight.And i think stamina would be itachi downfall.I reckon he'd have to engage
    Susano'o pretty damm sharpish lol.Otherwise he'd be full of holes,courtesy of minato kunai...Lets see if that fight
    will happen first.Eh lol.
    why would he lie to girl who was about to die, or better a ex friend he was about to kill, or did he lied just because you dont like he said that day

didnt minato had to put some kind of defensive tactic against raikage

yes itachi would be full of holes, hell like sharingan can predict something, or even better isnt like sasuke and itachi had theirs little duel with shuriken barrage, but ok, minato can definitly hit itachi with kunai

Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted ninjabot's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Deepak5191
    Sasuke can react thanks to the sharingan, Minato can react thanks to his amazing reflexes. Minato is faster in base speed, not directly shown but more than implied in the manga). If Sasuke can avoid it, then so can Minato.

The sharingan gives amazing reaction times to the Uchiha. It doesn't mean that that reaction speed is unachievable without it.

I don't remember stating that actually. I simply stated that the Sharingan allows one to predict one's movements. The differences between predicting movements and reacting to them are substancial. Predicting means you know what move will be made before it's attempted. Reaction time means after you know what movement is being made, you're fast enough to dodge.

Thus, Sasuke had both the ability to predict Raikage's movements beforehand, and then the reaction time to dodge once he knew where his opponent was aiming.

Minato has reaction time enough to react to attacks coming to him, ofcourse. Just not attacks of Raikage's speed. Without Hiraishin ofcourse. With Hiraishin, there's almost nothing that could hit him. Almost.

Registered User 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member jdw's Avatar
    It is impossible to troll Yondaime. Get over it.
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by khar2 View Post
    why would he lie to girl who was about to die, or better a ex friend he was about to kill, or did he lied just because you dont like he said that day

didnt minato had to put some kind of defensive tactic against raikage
    I don't think Madara lied. I think he told Sasuke the truth about losing to Hashirama. I also think he believes what he told Konan, about him being the true winner because he was able to see the future, etc. Doesn't mean he won the fight though. He lost the fight, but on the way he accomplished his goal of obtaining something from Hashirama that enabled him to go this far.

BTW, you think I have some special investment in holding on to Hashirama winning. I don't. I couldn't possibly care less than I do right now.
    Last edited by jdw; June 19, 2011 at 04:12 PM.

Naruto War Tracker: 2 days of combat, 63 chapters, 40,000 alliance soldiers lost (50%). Significant alliance characters lost: 0

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Sevenheadedmirror's Avatar
    Country
    Mexico
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by jdw View Post
    You'll never get that wish in this tournament unless there is a secret organization fixing the vote. Raikage will not likely survive Madara, but if by chance he does, Raikage is complete toast against Itachi, who is going to WTFPWN Gaara, sadly.

Additionally, Minato against Nagato can go either way. We all know that Tsunade has no future against Nagato, and Darui is as good as buried.
    Meh, then Minato wins the tournament fast and easy. Quite honestly Madara vs Minato happened, arguing against it is useless. I think Raikage can pawn Itachi, while Madara vs Raikage will be the most boring battle ever: How will Madara win against raikage?, light flash speed can surely get out of the whirlwind so what's next?... a long battle that's what's next. Itachi is awesome and a pretty badass contender but a swing of Susano-o will never manage to hit him while Yata's mirror has a limit; the raikage will open a pass through the back.

So... about the secret organization... I have a proposal *chapter end* ( LOl villain building)
    To in infer something and pose it as implied in the source is to justify something.
    The justification that an arc or a story sucks because the author is as tired as us from it can't apply since it's the author's fault it sucks to begin with.

Registered User 九千以上だ! / Kyuusen Ijou Da! / It's Over 9000! mattiaildivino's Avatar
    Country
    Italy
    Post Thanks / Like

I'm waiting for the fight,MINATO VS NAGATO. I would have loved to see it in the manga!

Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Raizen's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Minato and nagato is definitely going to be a good battle.
    Itachi vs raikage is going to be lopsided because people love itachi and hates raikage :/. Based on his speed, raikage would have an edge over itachi. But itachi is cunning. THat is a closer match then most would think

12. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity jaymizzo's Avatar
    I had a smaller one but i guess i left it at home
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Raizen View Post
    Itachi vs raikage is going to be lopsided because people love itachi and hates raikage :/. Based on his speed, raikage would have an edge over itachi. But itachi is cunning. THat is a closer match then most would think
    Without taking personal feelings into account, If your rash against Itachi, no matter who you are, he will WTFPWN you
    "Man hands misery onto man" - Philip Larkin

Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted ninjabot's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Raizen

Sasuke fought Raikage to a draw and he was slower than Itachi, had inferior Genjutsu, had a FAR inferior Susanoo, and was bloodlusted.

Itachi would stomp Raikage. And admittedly, I think his Tsukuyomi would work on Raikage, as it's more powerful and instantaneous, unlike Sasuke's. Then again I can't prove it's fast enough to overwhelm Raikage's rapidfire synapses, but I've got reasonable doubt.

Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted zerocooldx's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Raizen View Post
    I think it would be like any other of Minato's hypothetical battles. He throws a few Kunai and places a seal or two here and there and then that fight is essentially over. Both Nagato and Minato are very broken characters. But no one is as broken as Minato.

"Upon the back of his body not a wound of retreat scars it."
    One Piece is a series created by a genius, it's a masterpiece, it's like a fine wine, it only gets better with time.

Country
    Romania
    Post Thanks / Like

@khar2

Quote Quote:
    how convinient for you, you like you take it, you dont like it , you reform it
    No, i am just reading the manga... Perhaps you should to... Or do you belive JMan was refering that Hanzou could take the sage of 6 paths to?

At that point JMan had no information about:

Madara, Pein, Zetsu. Perhaps some more i am not going to over analyze it.

Sasuke was not on that level as of then, Naruto no way and so on. What he stated in the contexet of the Manga makes perfect sense. If Minato was alive and JMan stated that i could understand it but as it is it makes perfect sense. Hanzou was one of the top level shinobi in the manga (or so the manga implies).

Now again let me ask you who could take Hanzou at that time and ONLY use information JMan would have acces to at that time (ignoring Pein). Also considering the little we know about Hanzou's techs i am really curious how you would do that. Now perhaps you can actualy debate and give me a answer and not just some irrelevant quote tring to disprove my argument with insult in a sense(i am twisting the manga for my needs). So again you whant to debate fine but post something that actualy has arguments in it.

Oh yes even so JMan's argument is proved as false (that Hanzou can beat anyone in 1vs1) in the same sentence with the Pein beat him part, JMan just states he finds it hard to belive he lost in a 1vs1. Hanzou from JMan point of view was a beast. Nagato and Konan also belived nothing and nobody could beat Pein and that also was proven false later. Even the fact that Nagato is a God and was proven false later. When you take a statemant take it with the context of the story.
    Last edited by xXan; June 20, 2011 at 02:44 AM.

17. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity jaymizzo's Avatar
    I had a smaller one but i guess i left it at home
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by zerocooldx View Post
    I think it would be like any other of Minato's hypothetical battles. He throws a few Kunai and places a seal or two here and there and then that fight is essentially over. Both Nagato and Minato are very broken characters. But no one is as broken as Minato.
    The same applies for Sasuke/Itachi battles, Amaterasu or Tsukuyomi are a one-shot, Susano'o and nothing gets through.. The Uchiha are more broken than Minato
    "Man hands misery onto man" - Philip Larkin

19. Thanks 4 Member(s) thanked this post
    Country
    Romania
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by jaymizzo View Post
    The same applies for Sasuke/Itachi battles, Amaterasu or Tsukuyomi are a one-shot, Susano'o and nothing gets through.. The Uchiha are more broken than Minato
    Nothing is more broken then the Uchiha and expecialy Itachi. He can 1 shot 90% of this torunament lol. Take Raikage vs Itachi for one. Considering Raikage is not faster then the speed of light(and considering he has no other counters like shadow clones) he is going to get 1 shoted with Tsukuyomi.

Thread Closed
Page 84 of 134 FirstFirst ... 34 74 82 83 84 85 86 94 ... LastLast