Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Celebrate MH's birthday and the RETURN OF MANGA!! Start downloading, translating and scanlating manga HERE - legally!
Like us on Facebook, Follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year of MH and check out our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga: (4/7/14 - 4/13/14).
Site News: Check out our new sections: Nisekoi and Kingdom
Events: Nominate and vote for the winners in the Seinen Awards!
Translations: Gintama 489 by kewl0210 , One Piece 744 by cnet128 , Naruto 672 by aegon-rokudo , Bleach 576 (2)
Thread Closed
Page 2 of 134 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 52 102 ... LastLast

Thread: Naruto Tournament Discussion Thread

Vintage Reboot 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity vintagemistakes's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Naruto Tournament Discussion Thread

Quote Originally Posted by juUnior View Post

btw. is there some kind of idea when it will start? I'm not asking about specifics if you don't know yet, but maybe month or sth? xP
    I can't give you an exact date yet, but it won't start until the Bleach tournament is over.

Quote Quote:
    Editto:
    I read the rules, and one thing which strike me.. somewhat, and I thought I will write it here if I'm alone on this or maybe others think the same:

You know - part of Sasori's strength comes not only from his puppets, but also from his poison which is on that same puppets. I know he has IS at his disposal, many, many puppets, but thinking of him without his "one hit = poison hit" thingy just makes him considerably weaker in my eyes. He shouldn't have any limits, imo.
    Of the rest limits: I think they are good, hyhy ^^
    The reason why his poison was taking out is because it is extremely cheap and without prior knowledge, prep time and probably being a medical nin... I don't know if many of the other combatants would have a chance. We are only talking about a tiny nic, you know? Certainly someone like Madara or Raikage has a good chance at avoiding being hit, but most of the other combatants don't and it would be game over rather early.

Does it make him weaker... a little bit. However, he still has the Iron Sand Kazekage puppet, 100 puppet performance, his outer puppet (can't remember the name of it) and he is a puppet. That's a pretty daunting task to get around if you ask me.

Registered User 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member jdw's Avatar
    It is impossible to troll Yondaime. Get over it.
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Personally, I find some of the special character limits to be strikingly inappropriate and severely handicapping to the shinobi involved. I don't see why Sasori's poisons are any cheaper than Amaterasu, or whatever. Also, I cannot understand stealing Edo Tensei from Kabuto and Orochimaru, but not puppet from puppeteers, because puppets require prep as well, etc. I could go on. The special limits are disappointing and unevenly applied.

Also, when you say all battles will happen in a neutral place, what does that mean? Neutral as in no one has home-field advantage, or neutral as in no one has a jutsu based advantage due to surrounding structures or the lands themselves? For instance, if someone has Doton affinity and they are fighting someone with Suiton, will the battlefield lack both of those or will the battlefield have both, etc.

Naruto War Tracker: 2 days of combat, 63 chapters, 40,000 alliance soldiers lost (50%). Significant alliance characters lost: 0

3. Thanks 5 Member(s) thanked this post
    The True Ninja MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted jorped's Avatar
    Country
    Portugal
    Post Thanks / Like

Sasori should have is poison!
    About Orochimaru and Kabuto withouth et tech i think its a good measure!
    Come on , we already don't know much of it , we don't know the chakra that it is needed for it , we dont know the negattives effects of it. So theres still alot of thinks that would be just supposition!

So it would pretty lame if in a fight against Kabuto vs Raikage, people said that Kabuto would win cuz he would summon 20 et zombies, and they would fight for him ,..........
    et tech requires alot of preparations so i dont think its bad to see him not using it on this tournament

Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Delbi's Avatar
    Country
    The Wall
    Post Thanks / Like

Kimi being in the top tier is a bit of a stretch but he could certainly be there. Same goes for Asuma.

One person who certainly needs to be considered for that last spot is the Second Hokage.

Also, if they are shown in more detail soon, the past Kages and Jinchuriki who have been revived could all fill that last spot. Same goes for Sakumo.
    "The line dividing good and evil cuts through the heart of every human being. And who is willing to destroy a piece of his own heart?” - Aleksandr Solzhenitsyn

6. Thanks 2 Member(s) thanked this post
    Country
    Portugal
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Delbi View Post
    Kimi being in the top tier is a bit of a stretch but he could certainly be there. Same goes for Asuma.
    i dont know why , but i wouldn't put Kimi on the same league as Asuma , i think he is stronger than him.

And you think it would be a stretch to put Kimi on the top tier ????

i think that some of the combatants on the top tier would loose against him , at least i would vote for him! And the same wouldn't happen for Asuma.

Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted xXan's Avatar
    Country
    Romania
    Post Thanks / Like

Why no rinnegan for Madara? Up to the moment this starts we will probably get to see what he can do with it:P

Corporate 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member blai's Avatar
    Country
    Sweden
    Post Thanks / Like

It would be really interesting to have the ro32 losers fight a losers bracket, and the eight of them that looses the first round there will battle eight of the top players in the low bracket in a up/down bracket (mid) where the eight losers in the up/down will be moved down to low bracket next time and the eight winners will be moved up to the high bracket... If you get what I mean.

That way low tier participants will have a chance to be in the high tier next tourney and high tier participants may risk to get moved down.

Though I don't know how often this tournament is made so it might be an irrelevant addition as next tournament we'd seen so many new players etc that it wouldn't matter.

But I hope you at least understand my suggestion >,> *tired with broken English and horrible flow*
    You're not paid to think;
    A mindless worker is a happy worker,
    so shut up and do your job.

Country
    Portugal
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by xXan View Post
    Why no rinnegan for Madara? Up to the moment this starts we will probably get to see what he can do with it:P
    lol maybe you are right :P
    if thats so i would like to see we being able to use the rinnegan as a reason for seeing Madara winning cuz without it , we just need Madara to be extremely unlucky and face Minato, and than he is out of the game xD

Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted xXan's Avatar
    Country
    Romania
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by jorped View Post
    lol maybe you are right :P
    if thats so i would like to see we being able to use the rinnegan as a reason for seeing Madara winning cuz without it , we just need Madara to be extremely unlucky and face Minato, and than he is out of the game xD
    Its not a sure thing. Madara never used Izanagi back then, never finished that fight and had to control the Kyuubi to. Then again Danzo's bodyguards where also able to make Madara lose 1 arm:P

12. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Country
    Portugal
    Post Thanks / Like

totally forgot about izanagi

, even Minato has a good chance of being doomed

MH Senpai 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member M3J's Avatar
    Country
    Fire Nation
    Post Thanks / Like

WE haven't seen Tobi with Rin'negan or Niidaime Hokage fight yet, so we can't judge anything since Tobi could use his Rin'negan differently than Nagato and Edo Tensei, space/time ninjutsu, water dragon jutsu, and sensing aren't enough for Niidaime Hokage.

I don't believe Kimimaro can get through easily though. He'd have trouble against Neji as Neji's style isn't brawling like Rock Lee - he can attack the body internally as well, which could be problematic for Kimimaro.

Moemin 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member 3c's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Edo Tensei's removal and general limitation
    Edo Tensei was removed because it makes the user ridiculously overpowered. Even though they're being dealt with rather "easily" in the manga now, if e.g. Kabuto showed up with even ONE Edo Tensei the battle would instantly turn into a 2 v 1 where there's two individual and very strong people vs one unlucky guy. It's a different case with a puppeteer as puppets is everything he has. Remove them and he is left powerless while individuals like Orochimaru and Kabuto are still very strong fighters with all their summonings, snake techniques and in Kabuto's case medical jutsu as well. It's true that puppets require preparation time, but Sasori is more or less a big exception to the rule as he would be useless without them.

All the limits are placed so that the characters aren't too overpowered in their own way. I don't see how they are unevenly or unfairly applied (except Sasori which is adressed below). If you look at the top tier bracket, it's pretty balanced as it is. There are many characters that can go all the way depending on how their votes go. Had Madara for example had the Rinnegan he would have been ridiculously overpowered with almost all of Nagato's powers + warp, teleporting AND Izanagi.

Neutral fighting ground
    It means that no one has a strategic advantage over the other by fighting in the location. For example Gaara can create sand from the ground but he's not fighting in a desert. A water user will be able to use water, but is not fighting besides an ocean. Both parts will have equal advantages and will thus be neutral.

Sasori's poison
    Is allowed after further discussion. Although I personally find him to be insanely strong even without it. 298 puppets, his puppet body and the Third Kazekage puppet is no walk in the park. Even so, poison allowed.

16. Thanks 2 Member(s) thanked this post
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member AlB's Avatar
    Country
    Georgia
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by jdw View Post
    Personally, I find some of the special character limits to be strikingly inappropriate and severely handicapping to the shinobi involved. I don't see why Sasori's poisons are any cheaper than Amaterasu, or whatever. Also, I cannot understand stealing Edo Tensei from Kabuto and Orochimaru, but not puppet from puppeteers, because puppets require prep as well, etc. I could go on. The special limits are disappointing and unevenly applied.

Also, when you say all battles will happen in a neutral place, what does that mean? Neutral as in no one has home-field advantage, or neutral as in no one has a jutsu based advantage due to surrounding structures or the lands themselves? For instance, if someone has Doton affinity and they are fighting someone with Suiton, will the battlefield lack both of those or will the battlefield have both, etc.
    I second this post! These are my thought exactly!
    Limitations are, with all due respect, completely disorginized and need revision!
    I mean what, you take away six paths from pain, poison from sasori but Itachi gets healthy body? Extremely unfair in my opinion?!
    If that's how it's going to be let's give Kakashi bigger chakra pool, Take away Bee's and Naruto's Bijuus from them!

And this "neutral place" theme does need some serious clarification.
    I mean what's it gonna be for, for example, Kisame (water) vs Sarutobi (earth/fire)

Quote Originally Posted by 3c View Post
    Edo Tensei's removal and general limitation
    Edo Tensei was removed because it makes the user ridiculously overpowered. Even though they're being dealt with rather "easily" in the manga now, if e.g. Kabuto showed up with even ONE Edo Tensei the battle would instantly turn into a 2 v 1 where there's two individual and very strong people vs one unlucky guy. It's a different case with a puppeteer as puppets is everything he has. Remove them and he is left powerless while individuals like Orochimaru and Kabuto are still very strong fighters with all their summonings, snake techniques and in Kabuto's case medical jutsu as well. It's true that puppets require preparation time, but Sasori is more or less a big exception to the rule as he would be useless without them.

All the limits are placed so that the characters aren't too overpowered in their own way. I don't see how they are unevenly or unfairly applied (except Sasori which is adressed below). If you look at the top tier bracket, it's pretty balanced as it is. There are many characters that can go all the way depending on how their votes go. Had Madara for example had the Rinnegan he would have been ridiculously overpowered with almost all of Nagato's powers + warp, teleporting AND Izanagi.

Neutral fighting ground
    It means that no one has a strategic advantage over the other by fighting in the location. For example Gaara can create sand from the ground but he's not fighting in a desert. A water user will be able to use water, but is not fighting besides an ocean. Both parts will have equal advantages and will thus be neutral.

Sasori's poison
    Is allowed after further discussion. Although I personally find him to be insanely strong even without it. 298 puppets, his puppet body and the Third Kazekage puppet is no walk in the park. Even so, poison allowed.
    What about Itachi? I do not think he should be allowed Healthy Body.
    And there are many people who think that there are several characters who can defeat Pain while in his 6 paths mode (Raikage, Naruto, Itachi, etc).

Edit: Any reply from moderators in charge of the tournament would be appreciated. With limitations like that (Sasori's poison specifically) I suggest removing Amaterasu from sharingan users!
    Last edited by AlB; March 27, 2011 at 04:40 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

18. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Hound of Shadow 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member benelori's Avatar
    Country
    Romania
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by AlB View Post
    Edit: Any reply from moderators in charge of the tournament would be appreciated. With limitations like that (Sasori's poison specifically) I suggest removing Amaterasu from sharingan users!
    There will be answers, please be patient...

We've discussed all these problems, before creating this section, and while there were many pro and contra arguments, we chose this direction...the tournament was designed to have a certain balance, to enable actual discussion and not comments like:this is ridiculous, what a match-up, it's roflstomp for <insert character>

But that's why we created this, before the tournament's start...to brainstorm with you guys and see your arguments as well...

When there's a question like limitations, things are being discussed...so patience is key

There's still time, because
    Quote Originally Posted by vintagemistakes View Post
    I can't give you an exact date yet, but it won't start until the Bleach tournament is over.
    And in the mean time we might find out some new stuff about these characters via ET, so...
    Last edited by benelori; March 27, 2011 at 05:23 AM.

20. Thanks 2 Member(s) thanked this post
    Moemin 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member 3c's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by AlB View Post
    Any reply from moderators in charge of the tournament would be appreciated. With limitations like that (Sasori's poison specifically) I suggest removing Amaterasu from sharingan users!

What about Itachi? I do not think he should be allowed Healthy Body.

Pain contra Nagato.
    First things first. I am one of the moderators in charge of the tournament. I already adressed Sasori's poison and said it was allowed. I also clarified about the neutral ground issue. If you use jdw's post, it will be what he said last "the battlefield will have both", although the battlefield won't be so that the fighters are fully in their element. So e.g. a water source would be there but not a giant lake of "unlimited" water source.

Whoever said Itachi got a healthy body? What was said was "Itachi and Kimimaro are capable of what they've shown." This means that they won't be more powerful than they've shown. Ergo they are sick. Although "They won't fall over and die in combat so don't consider their sickness as a "time limit" or decisive factor." Which means that even though they are technically sick, the battle won't be decided by something like "Itachi and Kimimaro only lasted roughly 10 minutes in the manga, they won't last long in this fight as their sickness will kill them". They are sick but won't die from it in battle, after all how much better they were while healthy is pure assumption. This might however change in Kimimaro's case over the coming weeks so stay tuned.

Nagato is not that nerfed. He still has all the path's abilities minus one. He simply has them in his own healthy body and not spread out to six bodies. I wouldn't consider a guy capable of great speed feats and with a healthy body with 99% of the Rinnegan's powers a weak candidate.

22. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
Thread Closed
Page 2 of 134 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 52 102 ... LastLast