Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Celebrate MH's birthday and the RETURN OF MANGA!! Start downloading, translating and scanlating manga HERE - legally!
Like us on Facebook, Follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year of MH and check out our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga: (4/7/14 - 4/13/14).
Site News: Check out our new sections: Nisekoi and Kingdom
Events: Nominate and vote for the winners in the Seinen Awards!
Translations: Gintama 489 by kewl0210 , One Piece 744 by cnet128 , Naruto 672 by aegon-rokudo , Bleach 576 (2)
Thread Closed
Page 134 of 134 FirstFirst ... 34 84 124 132 133 134
Results 1,996 to 2,001 of 2001

Thread: Naruto Tournament Discussion Thread

Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted zerocooldx's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Naruto Tournament Discussion Thread

Spoiler: jdw show

Didn't you hear? Sasuke gets ass-pulls all the time dude. A good pair of Aburame quality shades is not only guaranteed to counter Tsukuyomi but to also reflect it back on the user. Big hair and some stunner shades! The perfect MS counter. And if a shinobi really wants to be daring he will put on some really baggy clothes to absorb all of that physical damage from Susano'o. If only shinobi were fashionable the MS would be less effective then the Byakugan.

"Upon the back of his body not a wound of retreat scars it."
    One Piece is a series created by a genius, it's a masterpiece, it's like a fine wine, it only gets better with time.

2. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member LnDRash's Avatar
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by zerocooldx View Post

Didn't you hear? Sasuke gets ass-pulls all the time dude. A good pair of Aburame quality shades is not only guaranteed to counter Tsukuyomi but to also reflect it back on the user. Big hair and some stunner shades! The perfect MS counter. And if a shinobi really wants to be daring he will put on some really baggy clothes to absorb all of that physical damage from Susano'o. If only shinobi were fashionable the MS would be less effective then the Byakugan.
    I don't realy agree with that but its hilarious non the less... suddenly I have to imagine Naruto with Shino's shades and thick layers of clothing to the point where he's hardly able to move (just like Edolas Gray), standing in front of Sasuke and shouting: "Come on! Bring it on Sasuke! I'am prepared for you!!"
    Last edited by LnDRash; July 05, 2011 at 11:23 PM.
    Click here for what I consider the definition of "simply brilliant"

Quote Originally Posted by syx View Post
    He was once a very charismatic, kind, special and inspiring person. LnDRash was a premium brand, now this brand is called LnDTRash!

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member DementedKirby's Avatar
    Country
    Puerto Rico
    Post Thanks / Like

@jdw:

That is how arguments are won. With proof. And straight from the source, no less. People can assume and speculate all they want. Gaara's sand is fast and Jiraiya's hair is fast. Look at the sand caught on fire. It's above them. Gaara moved the fire away to a safe distance and then released his hold on the sand. Thus engulfment averted. Jiraiya could've done the same with his hair - people's argument everywhere. It's incredible how people can look at stone cold proof right in the face and deny it. Incredible. And with unsupported speculation no less. And with attitude to boot. Wow.

@ Raizen:

Super thumbs up! Couldn't agree more!

5. Thanks 3 Member(s) thanked this post
    MH Senpai 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member M3J's Avatar
    Country
    Fire Nation
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Raizen View Post
    That seems to be your response to any outcome when things don't go your way. Its sad.
    It is not about just fans but rather how they interpret event and skills.
    Saying things like that is a sad cop-out
    No it's not, it's actually proven, or are you selectively ignoring posts? I counted at least two posts where people said, "Sasuke suxxxx!!1 Jiraiya ftw! Why are you voting for Sasuke?!?! J-MAN ROX!" That's all they said, they never explained why they said it. That's far sadder. Or what about someone saying he didn't vote for Orochimaru because Orochimaru was a pedo and had bad personality or whatever? Yeeeah, my response is sooo totally unjustified. I did say I don't mind Jiraiya or Sasuke winning, and I like Naruto better than Kisame, but for the former, there was no good argument in Jiraiya's behalf. I fail to see how it's a sad cop-out when there's proof that what I'm saying is true. You however, are free to prove me wrong. Like I said though, some who voted for Sasuke have been illogical as well.

Interpreting events and skills is good and all, but in some posts there was no such thing. It was just bashing Sasuke while praising Jiraiya or bashing a character and thus giving the vote to the opponent. I don't know whether you keep up with the discussion or not, but I don't really care to link to such posts.

It's weird how people are willing to accept Itachi saying he couldn't beat Jiraiya, but refuse to accept Jiraiya can't break out of genjutsu when he himself admitted to be bad at genjutsu, one place where Itachi excels in and Sasuke does well in due to Sharingan. I can easily see Minato or Naruto, most likely Minato, winning, even if the manga revealed Itachi's true speed was better than Minato's or Jiraiya took Hiraishin and mastered it to a higher degree than Minato.

Before anyone accuses me of saying such thing, I was presenting hypothetic situations. While the situations aren't impossible, they're very unlikely to happen/to be revealed.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Nicholas.Sama's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by jdw View Post
    Itachi cannot keep launching Amaterasu even if he wanted to. For him that is basically committing Seppuku. His meager chakra will not permit it. Furthermore, I am not sure if, outside of Sasuke, A is the only person to react fast enough to prevent Amaterasu. The manga seemed to indicate that Gaara defended against it quite well using a sand defense. You can take a look at the chapter and come up with your own conclusion, though my suggestion would be to read and view more carefully. Enjoy.

Were to begin...

First off, Gaara's reaction time had nothing to do with this feat. His sand was out before Sasuke tried to use Amaterasu on him. This is where others are having a problem. In order for Jiraiya to be able to block a blast with his hair, he would have to anticipate it (which is what Gaara did). How can he anticipate it if he doesn't know it's coming? This scenario can branch off in so many ways:

Scenario 1
    Itachi turns on MS
    J-Man covers himself in hair at the sight of it.
    Turns out that Itachi was never going to use Amaterasu in the first place.
    J-Man is now mind raped by Tsukuyomi
    Why? Because in order to prepare for Amaterasu he looked Itachi straight in the eyes

Scenario 2
    Itachi actually fires Amaterasu and J-Man grows his hair
    We are back at square one.

Back to Gaara blocking the sand, can we tell which flames were spammed and which flames were manipulated by Sasuke's Enton technique? There is sustained ball of flame hovering above Sasuke's head.

In the end, I can't help but wonder how J-Man's hair compares to Gaara's sand in durability.

And let's keep this peaceful guys. It's not like we are putting money on this...right?

Now Sentient! 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member MangaHelpers's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

This thread is now closed it has a continuation thread Here

Thread Closed
Page 134 of 134 FirstFirst ... 34 84 124 132 133 134