Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (6/30/14 - 7/6/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: One Piece 752 by cnet128 , Bleach 587 (2) , Gintama 501 by Bomber D Rufi

View Poll Results: Who wins?

Voters
73. You may not vote on this poll
  • Team Chocolate Love

51 69.86%
  • Team Ice, Ice Baby

22 30.14%
Thread Closed
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: Team Chocolate Love vs Team Ice, Ice Baby

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member SaintSheik's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Team Chocolate Love vs Team Ice, Ice Baby

Chocolate Love wins.

This time around, Rukia is virtually irrelevant. Hitsugaya wouldn't hold a candle against Love, and I want to say a pre released Zommari is the fastest combatant in the bunch.

I could see a fatal blow faster than either of his opponents could counter. Then again, Hitsugaya could keep up with a released Harribel but that's another story. Love and Zommari got my vote.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Loves hammer smashes through the ice... You do realize that thing was physically blocked with a pair of guns right? Granted I hold Starrk as ungodly, but not in regards to physical strength (There Koma reigns) and giant ice wings hold a hell of a lot more defensive umph than guns by sheer virtue of guns having a horrid grip for that sort of thing. >>

I do hold he wrecks Hitsugaya's shikai with it, but Bankai is an entirely different story. Granted the flaming hit apparently had a crapton more force behind it, but obvious hit is obvious and the flame is rather small all in all.

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Shawlong had no problem smashing through the ice wings when Hitsu was at 20%, and I don't think it would be a stretch to say masked Love is at least 5x stronger than Shawlong.

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

He didn't smash, he cut. The dude was called 'The Scissors' I think the distinction there is clear. Particularly when he's slicing through entire sections of the wings. >>

Blunt force wise the wings have a hell of a lot more umph to them, as blunt force in Bleach is crap in that it never works nor does jack. Luppi tried to smash and didn't even dent the thing, needing an all around spreed, something Love can't do mind, to even get chunks of it to fall off, and it STILL held enough that it didn't actually touch him. Thing tanked both Harribel's blunt force energy assaults too, and I say blunt force because dude took a direct hit to the torso with one of those and wasn't even nicked.

Granted he's definitely getting knocked aside, but saying they would break through the wings to do any significant damage, with blunt force no less is bonkers. >>

Well, save the massive force of that one named assualt in which the mallets on fire anyway. I'd rate that a bit higher if there were a tad more fire though as again, blunt force in Bleach means jack.

5. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member AlB's Avatar
    Country
    Georgia
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Random101 View Post
    I'd rate that a bit higher if there were a tad more fire though as again, blunt force in Bleach means jack.
    Lol whut?! where did you get that from?

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Yoruichi, only one without a blade, has to virtually supercharge herself with a highly volatile and dangerous state to even begin to be able to do damage without hurting herself as much as her opponent, Starrk himself took a direct hit with that same hammer with little more than an 'ow' and outright blocked it when he wasn't feeling down on himself, Komamura outright tossed a dude and he barely felt it, Kenpachi took a bloody punch from Yammi's release when entirely unprepared and got up like nothing, the list goes on.

Blunt force in Bleach is worth jack compared to bladed strikes, particularly for opponents of roughly an equal level in power, give or take. Partly because the damage is not visible and hardly registers half the time, and partly because, lets face it, it's pretty much never done much in the way of good for those who rely on it.

Country
    Georgia
    Post Thanks / Like

Blunt force in Bleach is worth jack compared to bladed strikes, particularly for opponents of roughly an equal level in power, give or take. Partly because the damage is not visible and hardly registers half the time, and partly because, lets face it, it's pretty much never done much in the way of good for those who rely on it.
    Do remind me what happened to Barragan's Fraccion that fought Omaeda

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by AlB View Post
    Do remind me what happened to Barragan's Fraccion that fought Omaeda
    What you mean the one who got up after a direct hit to the face and nearly killed him? Or bit about him getting a direct projectile captain to the face. In case you forgot:

Quote Quote:
    Blunt force in Bleach is worth jack compared to bladed strikes, particularly for opponents of roughly an equal level in power, give or take.
    As we've established, even a half dead full power captain >>>>> fraccion. And it still wouldn't change that straight up cutting the dude would have been easier. >>

I reiterate, blunt force is worth jack. Particularly of more serious examples I listed.

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member Henry J. Gloval's Avatar
    Country
    Serbia
    Post Thanks / Like

Just because shinigami arent carrying clubs instead of katanas, does not mean blunt force is useless. Who has a blunt zan, let me think... Omaeda, Renji's HZ, Love and Koma's bankai is more of a blunt force though KTM uses a sword, because of its size. I'm not sure about hand to hand, is that filed under blunt damage or not?:-|
    Omaeda is crap, I'd give you that, but judging based on his performance would be like judging slashing damage based on Hanataro's performance.
    Renji's bankai looks cool, and does pretty well blunt damage wise.
    Love has enormous power in his club, see the damage he caused to his surroundings in his fight with Stark. He didnt smash Stark, though, because of the wolves.
    Koma crushes his enemies in one hit, grawrr! Jokes aside, his samurai does great as a damage dealer.
    The point with blunt vs slashing is in different application. Most enemies in Bleach are human sized, not Yami or Poww sized. Versus human sized targets in CQC you are better off with a katana for its maneuverability and its multiple attack options vs unarmored opponents, that are the most common in bleach. Vs someone Yammi sized it is better to have a more powerfull weapon that has greater attack surface like Tengumaru, for you cannot really stab through him, or bifurcate him, and even though a big ass club is slow, so is your giant target. Imagine Love hitting Yami on the head, devastating!
    Just as in real life, if your opponent were to wear heavy plate armour, your katana aint really good against him. But a battle hammer, even though it will not cut him will brake his bones like nothing, or at least stun him. The huge swords used in Spain and across Europe were meant to compensate the lacking blunt force of the smaller blades vs heavy armor popular at that time.
    Now, in Bleach almost everybody has a katana as their sealed zan, and it seems everyone is dressed in light clothes, which downplays the usage of blunt weapons. It is not given much screen time due to that, and that most of us like blades better (including me), but sometimes it appears and does not disappoint. Save for Omaeda, of course.
    Support Libya. Serbia is with you and your people, Colonel!

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member Lunatic Scream's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

What you mean the one who got up after a direct hit to the face and nearly killed him? Or bit about him getting a direct projectile captain to the face. In case you forgot:

As we've established, even a half dead full power captain >>>>> fraccion. And it still wouldn't change that straight up cutting the dude would have been easier. >>

I reiterate, blunt force is worth jack. Particularly of more serious examples I listed.
    That's probably why Chad is so worthless. (Kidding) (Okay, not really)

This one is interesting. Love and Zommari have the advantage straight out, just because Love is quite the fighter, Zommari's ability is haxtothemax, and Rukia is the "baby" part of Ice, Ice, Baby.

I don't see Rukia doing much. Keep in mind that when Zommari DID take control of her, she was flat out unconcious, so I wouldn't say the fight starts with her simply getting controlled, especially if her and Hitsu are playing defensively (getting offed by his sonido is far more likely).

Hitsu would have to turn this into a 1v1 fairly quickly by taking out Zommari... and Zommari trying to take control of Hitsugaya's bankai is a rather difficult task, IMO. Anyways, the only way I see Hitsu winning is to use that clone effectively and to turn this into a 1v1. I do think Bankai Hitsu is stronger than Love's power in this tournament (though obviously not if he had bankai), so while he can win, it's a long shot.

Gonna have to go with Chocolate Love.

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member Buzz Killington's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

To be honest I believe Team Chocolate Love can take this without Zommari having to release. Rukia would be horribly blitzed by Zommari

Hitsugaya would probably hold up fairly well against Love, that is until he releases himself and begins to swing around Tengumaru. Seeing as Hitsu isn't too great when it comes to being faced with heavy blunt damage, and if his Ice covers Love's Zanpakuto he can just melt it, you have the White-Haired Captain being on his toes this entire time if not downright taken out of the fight.

With Zommari making short work of Rukia, his assistance would only speed things here

Team Choco-Love for the Win

13. Thanks 4 Member(s) thanked this post
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

I'd be more adamant about that if said heavy blunt damage coming from Love could do more than one direction at a time. And more importantly if that blunt damage actually got all the way though. Granted though ultimately I support the two captain class vs. one idea, even if in a bout of insanity I'm supporting the other side. :P

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Team Chocolate Love should stomp.

No matter how you dig it, Hitsugaya in Bankai was implied to be the equal of these lovely Visored ladies, all of whom fought released Harribel without being overwhelmed. Now, what rank were they again?

Lieutenant?

That's what I remember. What rank was Love before he was exiled?

Captain?

Yes. So is Love stronger than Hitsugaya without Bankai? Obviously. He's much stronger, and given his high Reiatsu content in being able to take Primera level ceros, given his ability to tag released Stark when the latter was capable of casually blitzing Captain level opponents in base, and given his retardedly destructive attacks, Hitsugaya stands nearly no chance.

You might also want to consider that the difference between Zommari and Rukia is even greater than the difference between Love and Hitsugaya.

16. Thanks 2 Member(s) thanked this post
    Country
    Georgia
    Post Thanks / Like

Blunt force in Bleach is worth jack compared to bladed strikes, particularly for opponents of roughly an equal level in power, give or take. - These are your words. omaeda and that elephant dude were of roughly same level, so why you bring up "half dead" captains againts fraccion is beyond me

And I suggest you recheck your sources, Elephant guy was killed by Omaeda.
    Last edited by AlB; March 23, 2011 at 04:41 PM.

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Uh, Hitsugaya in shikai and both those chicks going all out could not break though Harribel's defenses, while Bankai Hitsugaya kicked her ass. If anything those two going all out is roughly equivalent to a captain level shikai. That arguement's kinda dumb.

Similarly that tagging would be impressive... if it weren't OUTRIGHT STATED on the next page that Starrk's reactions dulled heavily in response to Barragon's death. >>

Quote Quote:
    These are your words. omaeda and that elephant dude were of roughly same level, so why you bring up "half dead" captains againts fraccion is beyond me

And I suggest you recheck your sources, Elephant guy was killed by Omaeda.
    Dude... Reread that fight. What the hell-Oh wait the anime changed it.

Sorry to burst your bubble but: http://www.mangareader.net/94-786-5/...apter-332.html

Soifon's crashing into him knocked him out. Not Omaeda. Omaeda's strike only pissed him off and nearly got him killed.
    Last edited by Random101; March 23, 2011 at 04:42 PM.

Thread Closed
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast