Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Celebrate MH's birthday and the RETURN OF MANGA!! Start downloading, translating and scanlating manga HERE - legally!
Like us on Facebook, Follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year of MH and check out our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga: (4/7/14 - 4/13/14).
Site News: Check out our new sections: Nisekoi and Kingdom
Events: Nominate and vote for the winners in the Seinen Awards!
Translations: Gintama 490 by Bomber D Rufi

View Poll Results: Who wins?

Voters
73. You may not vote on this poll
  • Team Chocolate Love

51 69.86%
  • Team Ice, Ice Baby

22 30.14%
Thread Closed
Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7

Thread: Team Chocolate Love vs Team Ice, Ice Baby

Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted xXan's Avatar
    Country
    Romania
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Team Chocolate Love vs Team Ice, Ice Baby

Quote Originally Posted by Random101 View Post
    Problem: His sword arm is covered in Ice, presuming he's in bankai, which frankly against Love is a necessity (Again, Love Rapestomps his shikai). This effectively gives him a valid way to negate that, having control over ice and a regening bankai armor effectively gives him a way to, presumably, disconnect the controlled part, allowing it to melt and the armor to simply reform in not controlled glory.

Granted ice is see through, but so is Danku and that worked just fine, so assuming that's valid there's a reasonable way to frankly negate control over any ice part.

Similarly Rukia's fodder for Hitsugaya, especially reduced to only basic movement, sparing her life is easily 'freeze everything from the head down' which is neigh effortless even in shikai.

On Byakuya and Ichigo... Yeah neither of them had wounds like this at any point in their fights and kept going:

The amount of bloodloss alone is insane. Bar the BS getting up from a hole in the chest brought on by plotkai from Ichigo, neither of them ever got up from a wound that bad, let alone kept fighting under those circumstances. Again, Ichigo went down from a minor puncture wounds and cero's at times for crying out loud, and while valid he kept going after getting hit by Byakuya's bankai... frankly the first state rarely does much in the way of damage with just one pass (It's consecutive attacks and the inability to defend from that many petals for a majority of people that makes it dangerous).

I point you to comparative damage it did to Yammi as opposed to a single patched slash from Kenpachi. Let me remind you, Ichigo actually overpowered Unpatched Kenpachi by supercharging only his shikai, and then try comparing the power behind the two there. Granted, Yammi has Hierro which certainly makes the comparison murky, but the thing didn't even down a completely defenseless Renji adequately (ruined his day obviously but he still got up if only for a second), which in itself is kinda sad.

Byakuya's worst wound was one slash to a significantly lesser depth than the above, and while valid he tanked three getsuuga, the power of those is iffy in the forefront (Name me a person who went down to a Getsuuga. Beyond Renji, every one of Ichigo's getsuuga never did significant damage to anyone it actually hit, masked or not, his slashes have always done more damage than that move), and the wounds he had were not significant in the slightest. Going down that route is arguing defensive capacity anyway, which while a part of it doesn't take into account sheer durability. Are you seriously arguing that cutting your tendons to negate the movement of your arm and leg, an injury that is specifically designed to do as little damage as possible to maximize the results is as significant as that above?

Granted you have a point in that it's impressive he could actually shunpo with one foot effectively nulled, but that's not tanking. Not when it's specifically meant to do as little damage as possible. That's the very antithesis of tanking. However arguing that it's impressive that he won with one foot down and one leg nulled is kinda dumb when his bankai is literally designed not to require his body in any facet in the first state, and effectively ruined his day regardless. Byakuya didn't need those two because the arsenal he had worked fine without them, the only time he used either was when he shupoed to the guy and cut him in two after he was pretty much defeated anyway after that point, a majority of the damage/nulling of amor was caused by the bankai and the barrier was a simple spoken phrase away. Though again, shunpoing with a foot nulled is slick regardless.
    Ice is not going to stop that. Byakuya had you use a high level Kido to stop its effects. The spell does not effect the ice but the hand under it. Also what if he target's the face?

Actualy i can't even belive you would compare Danku to ice and state you can see trough both of them and if one of them can stop the spell so can the other ... One is a somewhat high level barrier and the other is just ice. The barrier has some properties that allow it to do that... There is no way in hell ice would stop that spell.

2. Thanks 2 Member(s) thanked this post
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Frankly I didn't even buy a high level Kido was even required. His logic behind his conclusion was kinda dumb. He based his assumption on the effectiveness of a binding kido, specifically designed to stop the target from moving on Rukia. Uh, how would Amor keep a mid level binding Kido from working?

Put something condensed with Reiatsu in front of it, and I'm assuming it'll block it from reaching however. Kido, Ice, Byakuya's bankai petals (Which noticeably was apparently safe enough that he even left himself partially visible to the guy), etc... I'm assuming it'll block.

You are correct that if he manages to get the head he's screwed, however frankly I don't buy he can accurately get a head shot whenever he wants. Otherwise he frankly should have destroyed Byakuya when the fight started.

4. Thanks 2 Member(s) thanked this post
    Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

I felt he could only control the head of someone with lower Reiatsu than himself - otherwise he could have gone for Byakuya's head initially.

6. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member leshrak's Avatar
    Country
    Brazil
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ShootToKill View Post
    I felt he could only control the head of someone with lower Reiatsu than himself - otherwise he could have gone for Byakuya's head initially.
    Just like how Shinji should have aimed for Aisen head oh his first attack ... I think that's just kubo trolling his own characters
    "There are some qualities, some incorporate things,/ That have a double life, which thus is made/ A type os twin entity which springs/ From matter and light, evinced in solid and shade"
    - Edgar Allan Poe, "Silence"

http://pandatoryu.wordpress.com/ Brazilian blog about anime, manga and games

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

He actually did. Tousen just screwed him over. Granted he didn't in shikai... but to be perfectly honest attempting a headshot when your ability is just reversal, ie: Going for a target near the center, is kinda dumb. Granted he should have gone for more than a superficial wound, but them's the bricks.

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member leshrak's Avatar
    Country
    Brazil
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Random101 View Post
    He actually did. Tousen just screwed him over. Granted he didn't in shikai... but to be perfectly honest attempting a headshot when your ability is just reversal, ie: Going for a target near the center, is kinda dumb. Granted he should have gone for more than a superficial wound, but them's the bricks.
    I mean when he used sakanade
    "There are some qualities, some incorporate things,/ That have a double life, which thus is made/ A type os twin entity which springs/ From matter and light, evinced in solid and shade"
    - Edgar Allan Poe, "Silence"

http://pandatoryu.wordpress.com/ Brazilian blog about anime, manga and games

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

I know, I referenced that bit in the next part of it. :P

That being said, for headshots being as lethal as they are to virtually everything, why does literally no one ever go for one? Even with multiple chances hardly anyone ever goes for the head.

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member Henry J. Gloval's Avatar
    Country
    Serbia
    Post Thanks / Like

Only Ken went for a headshot against Nnoitra. Actually, an eyeshot, but he managed to miss... Bloody hollow hole in the head, how lame is that?:-(
    Support Libya. Serbia is with you and your people, Colonel!

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Country
    Australia
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Henry J. Gloval View Post
    Only Ken went for a headshot against Nnoitra. Actually, an eyeshot, but he managed to miss... Bloody hollow hole in the head, how lame is that?:-(
    Actually:
    Hitsugaya went for a Headshot against Harribel
    Gin when for a headshot against Histuagaya
    Tosen went for a headshot against Shinji
    Kenpachi when for a head shot against Ichigo
    Shunsui against Starrk and maybe Aizen IIRC

Interestingly, only Hisagi and Rukia were actually successful.
    [IMG]http://i204.photobucket.com/albums/bb57/Jonas64/Kilrik.jpg[/IMG]

13. Thanks 2 Member(s) thanked this post
    Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member Snake_Cowboy's Avatar
    Country
    Netherlands
    Post Thanks / Like

Rather late to post in this thread, but I was pretty sure about who was going to win this match from the beginning: Team Chocolate Love should take this.

While he's not the most powerful, I do believe Love to be one of the strongest of the Vizards, especially when it comes to direct combat. Hitsugaya is going to have a handful with this guy, even if he's only using his shikai: Tengumaru really isn't something you want to get clobbered over the head with. Hitsugaya is good and with his small size on top of his skill, he'll be able to dodge quite well - but the thing is, if Tengumaru can tank Stark's Ceros with such astounding ease, then Hyourinmaru is going to be worthless. Love will smash his way right through most ice-attacks, so I suspect he will be able to force Hitsugaya to go Bankai pretty quick.

But as with all matches for Team Chocolate Love so far, it's Zommari who will be the game-changer: I just cannot see any way for Rukia to win or even last long against the likes of him. If his speed gave Byakuya trouble, then Rukia's totally screwed. At the most, she will be able to defend herself for a little while, but with those clones, there's no way she'll ever hit him. Although Sode no Shirayuki's attacks can be quite wide-spread, they take way too long to start up; anything that could give Zommari trouble, he'll dodge. Not that they will, because if Grimmjow can break from that ice so easily, then Zommari probably can too. Really, with that kind of Sonido, the guy can kill Rukia whenever he wants. That is, if he doesn't release and tries to posses her: if Byakuya isn't fast enough to dodge Amor, then Rukia sure as hell isn't.

Either way, Rukia will either be dead or under Zommari's control long before the fight between Hitsugaya and Love is finished.

Against Daiguren Hyourinmaru, Love is going to be in trouble and I'm not sure he'd win the fight, but with his mask and that flame-attack, he'll last for a while. Once Zommari joins the fight, it's over. There's no way Hitsugaya is good enough to dodge both Amor and Tengumaru (and Rukia, possibly) at the same time. The second one of his arms gets possessed and starts interfering with his fighting skills, Hitsugaya will get pulverised by Love. Hyoten Hyakkaso might save the day, but it takes a little time before he can use it, time in which Zommari or Love will have a clean shot at him. No matter how you turn it, Love will break Hitsugaya eventually.

Team Chocolate wins.
    "See you, Snake Cowboy..."

15. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    MH Senpai MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Team Chocolate Love wins! They shall advance into the next round. Discuss the result of this match and all others in the Tournament Discussion thread.

Stay tuned for more details!

Thread Closed
Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7