Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Celebrate MH's birthday and the RETURN OF MANGA!! Start downloading, translating and scanlating manga HERE - legally!
Like us on Facebook, Follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year of MH and check out our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga: (4/7/14 - 4/13/14).
Site News: Check out our new sections: Nisekoi and Kingdom
Events: Nominate and vote for the winners in the Seinen Awards!
Translations: Gintama 490 by Bomber D Rufi , One Piece 744 by cnet128 , Bleach 576 by cnet128
New Reply
Page 30 of 34 FirstFirst ... 20 28 29 30 31 32 ... LastLast

Thread: HSD Kenichi Spoiler Thread

MangaHelper 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member kkck's Avatar
    wherever cookies can't get to me...(as if such a place existed...)
    Country
    Galactic Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: HSD Kenichi Spoiler Thread

Ahhh, so rimi was not fighting using her dou ki until now. It is kinda interesting that over a few week's worth of training she was able to acquire so much skill and speed however there is also a backside. It means that in spite of every powerup we had seen until now rimi still had one, the more significant one, left. At least it seems this was the last one.

I have to admit though, I am kinda surprised that activating her dou ki made rimi that much stronger or rather capable of pushing miu back with ki alone. I guess it will come down to miu finally crossing that line and activating her own true dou ki. In all likelihood miu will grow and use her dou ki without outright killing rimi thus making miu objectively perfect again.

I do wonder if sei ki can have such an effect once activated. I mean, has kenichi ever experienced anything like what miu did but with sei ki? The most he has done is ryusui seikuken but I don't quite get the impression he has gotten into a situation where ki pushed him back that much. His ki has not yet quite displayed something which would allow him to fend off dou ki like that either. What would such a thing look like for a sei user? What happens when other disciples start using dou ki like that against him? Or have they done that before? Has kenichi defended from ki like that before?

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
    Country
    Brazil
    Post Thanks / Like

All i can say is boredom. I dont find the least believable the insane power up Rimi got in such a small time spam, nobody ever pushed Miu back on the entire manga with the exception of Kano Shou, and Miu toys around with Kenichi whenever they fight. With that said even ignoring such a plot hole this fight continues to bore me to death and its lasting too long, get it over with already we all know Miu gonna awaken her freaking ki and win and this constant power ups mid way fighting got old chapters ago. I can only pray it will finally end on the next chapter and we can move on to a better setup.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member SaitoSpike's Avatar
    Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

poor Rimi doesnt know what she's about to unleash.....based on her forced training of recent Miu might kill this poor girl, i hope she can control it

---------- Post added at 06:44 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:43 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Unholy View Post
    All i can say is boredom. I dont find the least believable the insane power up Rimi got in such a small time spam, nobody ever pushed Miu back on the entire manga with the exception of Kano Shou, and Miu toys around with Kenichi whenever they fight. With that said even ignoring such a plot hole this fight continues to bore me to death and its lasting too long, get it over with already we all know Miu gonna awaken her freaking ki and win and this constant power ups mid way fighting got old chapters ago. I can only pray it will finally end on the next chapter and we can move on to a better setup.
    but Miu hasnt even done anything yet so why is it such a big deal, it seems to me Rimi hasnt done anything yet

Only one thing stirs my emotion. Aku. Soku. Zan. For the sake of my justice alone!

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member BASED Shinigami's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by kkck View Post
    Ahhh, so rimi was not fighting using her dou ki until now. It is kinda interesting that over a few week's worth of training she was able to acquire so much skill and speed however there is also a backside. It means that in spite of every powerup we had seen until now rimi still had one, the more significant one, left. At least it seems this was the last one.

I have to admit though, I am kinda surprised that activating her dou ki made rimi that much stronger or rather capable of pushing miu back with ki alone. I guess it will come down to miu finally crossing that line and activating her own true dou ki. In all likelihood miu will grow and use her dou ki without outright killing rimi thus making miu objectively perfect again.

I do wonder if sei ki can have such an effect once activated. I mean, has kenichi ever experienced anything like what miu did but with sei ki? The most he has done is ryusui seikuken but I don't quite get the impression he has gotten into a situation where ki pushed him back that much. His ki has not yet quite displayed something which would allow him to fend off dou ki like that either. What would such a thing look like for a sei user? What happens when other disciples start using dou ki like that against him? Or have they done that before? Has kenichi defended from ki like that before?
    I found that interesting as well. I guess it once again speaks volumes of Kensei's teaching abilities. Sadly, we already know the outcome of this fight no matter how many DBZish power-ups Rimi utilizes. All of Kensei's work and effort he put into her will die in vain once she is beaten. I'm so sick of this notion of love Rimi keeps referring to it's like a broken record now just shut up already about your stupid one-sided love for Ryuto. Sheesh.

Well, I wouldn't say perfect yet. I still get the impression she's socially awkward as she's yet to fully break out of her shell IMO

Hmm, I don't think we've ever seen Kenichi get pushed back by Ki alone in any one of his fights. We've seen him get pushed back by the Ki of quite a few master class fighters, but never from a disciple fighter (he was once intimidated by the Ki pressure of Kano in one chapter before the D & D tournament, but he stood his ground though). This is a quite a new development for disciple fighters. If Rimi can push around Miu like this with Ki alone just imagine what will happen when Miu decides to finally release her own Dou Ki. Well, if Dou fighters release their Ki to exceed their physical limitations while fighting with anger then we know the it's the exact opposite for Sei fighters. If there is a Sei Ki release...then perhaps it would revolve around becoming completely emotionless or very calm and compressing his Ki within himself to the point where his analytical skills not his physical skills are brought to an entirely different level...but damn Kenichi has already done such a thing and it resulted in Ryusui seikuken. Perhaps if there is a Sei Ki release it would work as an possible further application to Ryusui Seikuken or it works almost just the same...something entirely new/different much like RS, but has the same fundamental principles.

---------- Post added at 11:43 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:15 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by SaitoSpike View Post
    it seems to me Rimi hasnt done anything yet
    She just turned this fight one-sided with the release of her Dou Ki (unlike the other power-ups she utilized) in this manga an inferior fighter beating the hell out of Miu is a very big thing. It wont last long though...
    Last edited by BASED Shinigami; December 21, 2012 at 11:23 PM.
    My comic suggestions: Ecchi, Martial Arts, Historical, Harem, Adventure!

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Shader's Avatar
    Country
    Russian Federation
    Post Thanks / Like

Chapter is out.
    http://www.mangapanda.com/historys-s...le-kenichi/507

and an additional note...lookslike we will not get another one until 6th febr (so no chapter next week)
    Last edited by Shader; January 25, 2013 at 08:59 AM.

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
    Country
    South Africa
    Post Thanks / Like

I think the 6 Feb thing is only for Japan. We who read online get manga chapters 5 days earlier than Japan so I'm sure we can still expect the next issue to come next week as we'd usually expect.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member •Sasuke•'s Avatar
    Country
    Italy
    Post Thanks / Like

the chapter will be out today that sentence is about the official release in japan.
    Chapter 508 spoilers -> http://animeprodestiny.forumcommunity.net/?t=36842853 lastpost
    http://imgbox.com/g/Px6KhDCkAe

see ya!

8. Thanks 3 Member(s) thanked this post
    Country
    Russian Federation
    Post Thanks / Like

10. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member TemplateR's Avatar
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Country
    Italy
    Post Thanks / Like

13. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Country
    Galactic Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

Well, chapter is out
    http://www.mangareader.net/historys-...le-kenichi/510

I take it the chapter did not have many fans if by now no one has commented.

Anyways, the chapter did have some interesting points.

It seems like miu has indeed gone berserk and ihas lost every measure of control since she released her ki. Even now she is fighting recklessly and taking damage which perhaps she wouldn't have taken if she was in control. This reminds me of two particular events, when she went berserk as she saw how kano beat her friends and the guy who tanimoto trained against under ma's orders. I guess miu's ki control issues are at the core of her problems as a martial artist. It is interesting that miu has been on the verge of releasing her ki since all the way back then though. I wonder why she has this much trouble though, perhaps her trauma's from her mother's death? I also wonder what the status of miu's ki increase is right now. When tanimoto fought that guy with the dou ki his master said that tanimoto was on a deadline to win because the ki of his enemy would keep increasing until it was too large for tanimoto to handle. Is miu going through something like that? If she is then the fight can only have two possible outcomes, either rimi kills miu or miu brutally murders rimi. Rimi could easily be on the verge of being overpowered by the release of miu's ki. I am overall surprised that the reason rimi seems to have an advantage up to now is that she is better with ki. I guess it makes sense although once finally gets a hold or her ki the situation should once against change dramatically. I wonder what sort of plot device will lead to miu finally getting control.... Perhaps the kick she took to the head will bring her back to her controlled state? Or perhap that will simply anger her further and she will release more of her dou ki. Either way things should not look pretty for rimi. They just flew over kenichi though, perhaps he will put his fight with berserker on hold to try and get miu back.

As far as the kishunada vs kisara fight, I can't say I dig the fight. Its not too interesting and the plot device of kisara learning something in the middle of a fight has been used repeatedly before. We had her copying miu, we had her developing her nia quan do and no we have her learning something of her balance... Kushinada uses ki and the core of his enemies to throw them around at max stregth while herself using little to no strength so the obvious counter to it would be a better mastery of her center of gravity... Perhaps kisara as a dou user (it hasn't been stated but her feral nature and obvious cat berserker mode makes her an obvious dou) is more suited to learning by feeling hence why she has repeatedly learned that way. If kushinada uses the center of gravity to throw her opponents with no strength then the obvious counter is absolute mastery of the center of gravity. Its unlikely kisara would get that far however just improving a bit would perhaps be enough to be able to counter against kushinada. I doubt kushinada can actually take a punch for that matter.

It does seem as if there is a big deal of conflict within kushinada. If she loses I would think it will be because kisara will take advantage of kushinada hesitating to finish them off, there is no reason for kisara to be on the level with a yomi in the end.

Country
    Italy
    Post Thanks / Like

16. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Country
    Galactic Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

Country
    Russian Federation
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by kkck
    This is actually the old chapter discussion thread.... I am not a mod here but I think we should take this one to the spoiler discussion at least.

Quote Originally Posted by Buggy
    What Kenichi is doing is just plain stupid, imo. Last time he stepped against a master-class he was praised by his masters, but he had a reason - to protect. Now, what is his reason? To act like a tough guy and prove something?
    No, Kenichi is pissed becase Ogata is going to make other peoples use that taboo move again and so far the only one who still alive after yousing it is a crippled Ryuto. Kenichi wants try to stop him right here and now he is acting like a true katsujinken right now.

Country
    Galactic Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

Well, the chapter did take a dark twist this time. At least right now it does seem like rimi is dead.... I guess the author plans to use this development to teach miu and kenichi the true shackles of the katsujinken and for rimi to be something like a kano sho for miu. So far it has been relatively easy for the gang to stay true to the katsujinken they preach. In turn they are close to getting to situations where they simply can't afford to hold back and without precise skills the very moves the gang has been taught can kill a man easily. The ryozampaku guys have the skill and finesse to be able to fight at full power without killing but as we have seen even other masters have trouble doing such a thing (take the silat old guy who was with lona).

Kenichi taking oogata is plain stupid but it is understandable. Oogata taught rimi a technique that could kill her and when she died all he regretted was the death of someone talented.... I don't think oogata will actually kill kenichi but right now it is extremely likely someone else will appear and intervene. I guess it is possible tanaka will appear as he just might have finally reach master class power... I would like to see kensei defeated by akisame though. Akisame would be specially pissed to see kensei allowed her disciple to die so easily. Of course, with ma and akisame it is possible to even revive rimi though. It is surprising she died so quickly though...

New Reply
Page 30 of 34 FirstFirst ... 20 28 29 30 31 32 ... LastLast