Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Celebrate MH's birthday and the RETURN OF MANGA!! Start downloading, translating and scanlating manga HERE - legally!
Like us on Facebook, Follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year of MH and check out our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga: (4/7/14 - 4/13/14).
Site News: Check out our new sections: Nisekoi and Kingdom
Events: Nominate and vote for the winners in the Seinen Awards!
Translations: Gintama 490 by Bomber D Rufi
New Reply
Page 5 of 34 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 15 ... LastLast

Thread: HSD Kenichi Spoiler Thread

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
    Country
    India
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: HSD Kenichi Spoiler Thread

i think he does not believe what he heard from the yami members. He wants to know it from the person who was present there when sho was shot.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Franckie's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Jorge D. Dragon View Post
    I actually don't believe that Miu is in desicple class. She should be already in that expert class that is higher than disciple, but lower than Master. Actually the same as Kenichi as was stated by Elder, but Kenichi is still not at Miu's level. Of course he could have put a fight, but she is stronger in every department and has way more experience. Also it should be mentioned that Miu is also constantly progressing and it's not like she is the same as was during DofD Arc.
    That's why it was strange for mew that some weak girls became at Miu's level all of a sudden, when before they were rather easily wiped by Ruyto who is obviously now not at Miu's level.
    Miu has two major problems that make determining her actual level difficult. The first problem problem is that her strength falls along the lines of informed ability. We're told things such as how she's a great prodigy, experienced, and Kenichi has never won a fight with her. Whoop-de-doo on all this. So what if she's a "genius"? Everybody is a "genius" in this series. Experience? Experience only matters when the plot demands it. Her "superior" experience would not save her from fighters such as Ryuuto, Shou, and Tirawit when Kenichi faced them. Kenichi never won a fight against her? Kenichi will never win against Miu and his strength is known to widely fluctuate depending upon the seriousness of the fight. Furthermore, he has better feats than her and whatever gap in ability between the two is miniscule to the point its negligible.

The second problem is her lack of a consistant rate of improvement. For example, early on in the Ragnorak Saga, Miu was going "OMG! He's strong!" when Hermit and Ryuuto were introduced. At the end of the saga, however, we're led to believe that Miu wouldn't have had any notable difficulty with either fighter. There's a few problems, however. Miu noted that Ryuuto would be a difficult opponent to face during his debut fight. Furthermore, Miu had no idea that Ryuuto had obtained the "Mind's Eye" and didn't even know what it was. Turns out though the "Mind's Eye" is something every Master-class apparently possesses, yet Miu didn't know this despite growing up surrounded by Masters! And Miu was only shown to develop something akin to the "Mind's Eye" during her fight with Rimi.

MangaHelper 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
    Country
    Mariejoa
    Post Thanks / Like

Actually I believe that it was strongly stressed that Miu was stronger than any of Kenichi's opponents with the exeption of Shou, but he was truly a formidable opponent.
    Also Miu is clearly showing the improvements during all the manga and it is clearly said by the Masters when Kenichi is saying that he can't beat Miu. Also it was clearly stated that Miu practically never got serious against Kenichi or the majority of her opponents.
    Also she managed to show quite a good capabilities against that armed Master in Yokohama, at least she wasn't cut as Kenichi was.
    About the moves that she didn't knew... you know in this manga as I believe every disciple tries to develop several abilities that he is best in and only Masters are more round-up, so later in the series I believe that Miu and Kenichi will learn way more from their Masters.
    Also Miu is Dou, while Ryuto and Kenichi are Sei, so sometimes they can have more moves that Miu can't obviously poses.

Country
    Philippines
    Post Thanks / Like

Ryuto is both Sei and Dou

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Jorge D. Dragon View Post
    Actually I believe that it was strongly stressed that Miu was stronger than any of Kenichi's opponents with the exeption of Shou, but he was truly a formidable opponent.
    Hermit: "He's got incredible skill, we'd better be careful!!"
    Ryuuto: "What an aura!"; "What a scary opponent!"; Miu clueless about the "Inner Eye"
    Boris: Incapacitated after getting careless for a split second
    Kaku: "This person is strong!"
    Shou: Miu is one-shotted
    Meatdude: Struggles against him even with Kenichi's assistance
    Shou's subordinates: Getting pushed back by her opponent

Miu was only dominating fighters up until the formal introduction of Yami/YOMI. After Ryuuto's debut, we've seen plenty of fighters that would give Miu a run for her money, if not downright curbstomp her. This is also around the time when the distinction in level between her and Kenichi becomes vague and hard to ascertain. Repeatedly the manga has made it clear that miniscule gaps in strength are often negligible.

Quote Quote:
    Also Miu is clearly showing the improvements during all the manga and it is clearly said by the Masters when Kenichi is saying that he can't beat Miu. Also it was clearly stated that Miu practically never got serious against Kenichi or the majority of her opponents.
    Kenichi will never beat Miu in a fight. Even an end-of-series Kenichi will continue getting whipped by Miu (his future wife). The Masters only commented on Kenichi continually losing to Miu during the Ragnarok Saga; those statements do not apply to plot developments following it. The Masters even state during the DofD Tournament on the need for Miu to get better.

Kenichi's and Miu's fights are generally handled differently. Miu, on average, tends to fight someone weaker than her with the emphasis being on clothing damage. And clothing damage is still the focus when fighting someone stronger than her. Kenichi's fights, however, tend to be downright brutal. He is also continually pitted against people who are equal, if not better, than him.

We know the spars have never developed into an actual serious fight between the two. Kenchi's real strength will only manifest itself when he is pushed into a corner. He also tends to eventually equal, if not surpass, a "stronger" opponent during the actual course of a fight as long as the difference in ability isn't too great (e.g. Ryuuto, Shou, Kaku, Tirawit, etc.). So even if we assume that Miu is "stronger" than Kenichi, that unique ability Kenichi possesses helps negate the difference in strength.

Besides statements, other factors need to be considered, specifically feats. Kenichi has better feats than Miu, which reinforces the notion that Kenichi is Miu's equal, if not better. Especially considering how Kenichi's potential is greater than Miu's.

Quote Quote:
    Also she managed to show quite a good capabilities against that armed Master in Yokohama, at least she wasn't cut as Kenichi was.
    Kenichi also has several feats against that armed Master. He succeeded in dodging one attack and tanking two attacks from the Master. While Miu could dodge, she'd be incapable of tanking even one attack from said Master. And Kenichi only suffered those strikes because he was protecting a comrade at the time.

Miu's feat of dodging several attacks was partially attributed to being a fluke. That Master complained about his inability to hit anything after he had been curbstomped by Freya's grandfather. Even if we ignore that tidbit, Kenichi still has one more feat with the guy - Kenichi succeeded in fending off several attacks from said Master while still suffering injuries from vs Tirawit (round 2).

There is another feat with another Master that speaks in favor of Kenichi, the Savate master that Sakaki fought. Kenichi succeeded in running across a large room and punching him hard enough to draw blood while the Savate Master was turning his head. Even Miu was shocked and there was a !! to emphasize her surprise at what Kenichi had just done.

Quote Quote:
    About the moves that she didn't knew... you know in this manga as I believe every disciple tries to develop several abilities that he is best in and only Masters are more round-up, so later in the series I believe that Miu and Kenichi will learn way more from their Masters.
    Fighters tend to specialize in a particular style. In Miu's case, it's whatever style she developed under the Elder's tutelage. Miu would have a greater mastery over her style than Kenichi does for his 5 fighting styles, which is one of the few reasons she is still able to remain on par with Kenichi.

Quote Quote:
    Also Miu is Dou, while Ryuto and Kenichi are Sei, so sometimes they can have more moves that Miu can't obviously poses.
    Nothing has been commented on how many moves a Dou-fighter can know. What has been commented, however, is the type of move that a Dou-fighter is incapable of learning. For example, consider Ryuusui Seikuuken (RS). Dou-fighters can't use Steps 2 & 3, but they can use Step 1 (feel the opponent's rhythm) upon the Dou-fighter mastering the usage of Dou Ki.

Quote Originally Posted by nouvomx View Post
    Ryuto is both Sei and Dou
    Specializing in Dou/Sei doesn't mean you're incapable of utilizing the other. Ogata is a confirmed Dou-user, yet he is capable of using Sei-Ki too.

MangaHelper 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member kkck's Avatar
    wherever cookies can't get to me...(as if such a place existed...)
    Country
    Galactic Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

Kenichi's potential is not greater than miu's lol. Kenichi is supposedly not talented while miu is a genius who keeps training and getting stronger. Kenichi will eventually reach masterhood but so will miu.

Also, miu already mentioned she was sparring seriously with kenichi.
    http://www.mangareader.net/337-23777...apter-271.html
    And we have to consider that was quite a while ago. I would think the difference is even smaller nowadays.

I don't think it has ever been said dou fighters can use any level of ryusui seikuken. I am pretty sure dou fighters as a whole cannot use ryusui seikuken as a whole.

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by kkck View Post
    Kenichi's potential is not greater than miu's lol. Kenichi is supposedly not talented while miu is a genius who keeps training and getting stronger. Kenichi will eventually reach masterhood but so will miu.
    Talent and potential are not the same exact thing, though they often go hand-in-hand. Talent refers to your inherent ability to learn something while potential refers to your capacity for growth. Like Miu, Kenichi too possess master-class potential, which is one of the chief reasons his masters feel he is someone worth teaching. And Kenichi's potential is greater than Miu's considering how several masters ranging from Ogata to Hayato all agree that Kenichi has the potential to become the strongest.

Quote Quote:
    I don't think it has ever been said dou fighters can use any level of ryusui seikuken. I am pretty sure dou fighters as a whole cannot use ryusui seikuken as a whole.
    Fighters who master Dou are capable of reading the opponent's flow, which is the first stage of RS. How a Dou-fighter would do this is different than RS, but the end result is still the same.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member •Sasuke•'s Avatar
    Country
    Italy
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Quote:
    ケンイチ…「なぜ死んだ?」 表纸は九拳
    逆鬼と秋雨の会话、逆鬼、颜ね古伤が妙にうずくぜ
    ケンイチ达→晶、翔はなぜ死んだ?→美羽が彼は私を…→ケンが割って入って
    ボクを狙った弾を浴びた、→晶、嘘が下手だな。あいつはその娘をかばった
    奴はミスを犯した、そして奴の甘さを消せなかったのはオレの责任
    ケンイチ、それは违う!あいつはすごい奴だ!あいつの最后の行动をミス
    のように言わないで!→逆鬼の弟子か、名は?→名乗る
    美羽、翔はなぜここへよく来てたの?晶、ここはあいつの一族発祥の地
    (美羽の故郷?)→アパと时雨が晶に攻撃→晶、女と怪我人か、あまりのらんな
    晶、ケンイチに逆鬼への伝言を頼む。→そろそろ决着をつけよう。
    追う美羽に长老登场、やつは危険じゃ。この里についてはわしが答えよう
    i found this script in the baidu thread

9. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Country
    Galactic Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

I think it is most likely fake. There are no chapters this weekend.

Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity LoS's Avatar
    Country
    Isle of Man
    Post Thanks / Like

No, Shounen Sunday already had a week off right?
    The OG that ran Bleach for near a decade is no more.
    Cheers to a boss villain, I tip my hat to you Aizen

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member •Sasuke•'s Avatar
    Country
    Italy
    Post Thanks / Like

I think it is most likely fake. There are no chapters this weekend.
    no chapters?

so this pic is fake too?

13. Thanks 3 Member(s) thanked this post
    Country
    Galactic Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by LoS View Post
    No, Shounen Sunday already had a week off right?
    LAst week there was a chapter though.

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

LAst week there was a chapter though.
    There would have been a chapter out on Wednesday or Thursday, then. Which there wasn't. So this week was the week off and tomorrow should have a new chapter.

Country
    Galactic Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

I thought this manga was actually released on weekends but the scanlation was released on Wednesdays. I am reasonably sure there should not be a chapter this week although I could be wrong.

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

there was no chapter this week because of golden week in japan, plus the mag was a double issue meaning no new chapter this week. there should be a chapter this week

New Reply
Page 5 of 34 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 15 ... LastLast