Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (7/21/14 - 7/27/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Gintama 504 by Bomber D Rufi , Bleach 589 by BadKarma
New Reply
Page 19 of 19 FirstFirst ... 9 17 18 19

Thread: Magico by Iwamoto Naoki

Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted FrostyMouse's Avatar
    Country
    Holy Britannian Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Magico by Iwamoto Naoki

Quote Originally Posted by Googlez_kun View Post
    Hmm,I don't know if Enigma is a good example. The plot was not as expendable as Magico's and it aimed at a different, more serious readership. Having success with a manga like Enigma is more difficult than with a simple mainstream manga like Magico.
    I can't really tell what exactly made Magico fail. I guess it lacked a certain essence. Something beneath that shallow mainstream surface.
    One of the obvious problems from the get go was the actual story, in that it was always going to be just a journey and a series of short adventures, without a large number of returning characters. I always thought that that was a problem. We never saw the second Sage again after that like 10 page battle early on in the series. Magico had potential, but it didn't fully come together.

There was never really anyone in the way of succeeding with the quest, so the lack of a recurring villain didn't help either. Jump series, at least non-romcom series, always have some form of villain, but Magico lacked that.

MH's Best Artist 九千以上だ! / Kyuusen Ijou Da! / It's Over 9000!
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by FrostyMouse View Post
    One of the obvious problems from the get go was the actual story, in that it was always going to be just a journey and a series of short adventures, without a large number of returning characters. I always thought that that was a problem. We never saw the second Sage again after that like 10 page battle early on in the series. Magico had potential, but it didn't fully come together.

There was never really anyone in the way of succeeding with the quest, so the lack of a recurring villain didn't help either. Jump series, at least non-romcom series, always have some form of villain, but Magico lacked that.
    I personally don't mind that, but Jump manga always have recurring characters, so I guess you're right.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member masgrande's Avatar
    Country
    Puerto Rico
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by FrostyMouse View Post

It probably would have helped if OZ's presence was felt from the beginning, even more now that we now that he and Echidna had always been watching Shion since the beginnign.
    please click on them to help them grow.

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member Lomahongva's Avatar
    Country
    Spain
    Post Thanks / Like

Preview of Jump Next. Release date: 11th July.

Links thanks to Zeromcd: http://www.shonenjump.com/j/weeklysh...p/wj_next.html

http://www.shonenjump.com/j/weeklysh...next_digi.html
    Last edited by Lomahongva; July 31, 2012 at 06:53 AM.

Let's meet up in the New World! Oh, ok, but I'm the one who's gonna find One Piece! Hi hi hi!

5. Thanks 2 Member(s) thanked this post
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member masgrande's Avatar
    Country
    Puerto Rico
    Post Thanks / Like

The raw is out.

Spoiler show

---------- Post added August 12, 2012 at 03:36 AM ---------- Previous post was August 11, 2012 at 12:50 PM ----------

Chapter is out by RHS!
    It was a very sweet and sad ending, man I really liked this manga and I hate to see it end.
    please click on them to help them grow.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member RaveDragon's Avatar
    Country
    Malta
    Post Thanks / Like

That was such a sweet conclusion~

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member <.Haruka.>'s Avatar
    Country
    United Nations
    Post Thanks / Like

Such a short and sweet ending. I'm gonna miss Magico. If chance comes, I hope it could have an extra chapter or the characters may have some kind of cameo (about what happens on their new life/journey) in the mangaka's other series.

New Reply
Page 19 of 19 FirstFirst ... 9 17 18 19