Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (7/21/14 - 7/27/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: One Piece 754 by cnet128 , Bleach 590 by cnet128 , Gintama 504 by Bomber D Rufi
New Reply
Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread: MH Manhwa Hangout

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Host Samurai's Avatar
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: MH Manhwa Hangout

Quote Originally Posted by scav View Post
    someone told me to read witch hunter long time ago. i dropped after 2,3 chapters. I didn't like the style, it's toooooooo wannabee shounen (full of little kids with supah powah and little girls with no breast ).
    Hahahha you will definetly change your mind when you continue to read it. Later on in the story girls with almost no breast will cease to exist. If you want I might spoil you.

Credits:Shinsatsu

2. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Halfway 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
    Country
    Fun Forum
    Post Thanks / Like

Update

The series: Kisswood by Ahn Sung Ho is complete.

If you have not read this series yet, please do so. There are only 34 chapters. I recommend it to everyone.

4. Thanks 2 Member(s) thanked this post
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member ErosVp's Avatar
    Country
    Brazil
    Post Thanks / Like

Great! My time is short, so i'm only reading new series now if they are complete! Final semester of mechanical engineering at college....

What do you desire? Money? Glory? Power? Revenge? Or something that surpass all others?
    Whatever you desire.... That is here... Tower of God!

6. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Little tocs-Coming Soon 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member thornofcarrion's Avatar
    Country
    Pakistan
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ErosVp View Post
    Great! My time is short, so i'm only reading new series now if they are complete! Final semester of mechanical engineering at college....
    Kisswood is a great series. The plot is different, reasonable characters, etc. With only 34 chapters to read, I think its a good read.

8. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity ashher's Avatar
    Country
    Bangladesh
    Post Thanks / Like

Can anyone help me find Ghostface? As far as i know its a webcomic, but i'm not sure. Tokyopop, before their demise, printed the 1st volume in english, but i guess that nobody has scanned and uploaded it. At least i can't find.

Country
    Fun Forum
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Noblesse Hangout Thread

Quote Originally Posted by thornofcarrion View Post
    The definition of Classic may vary with person to person. I do agree what Jammin and Phio said above. Noblesse quickly became my favorite due to most of the factors that I have already stated. And as Jammin said, Noblesse does not have bundle of dialogues to portray a certain situation. The ability of the artist to make it understandable us is really appreciable. For me, the less dialogue, also added more Sophistication to the characters, especially Rai <333333333333333 and Franky <333333333333333.

Off-topic *sorry* : Jammin I have created a thread for Paladin few days back. There is another series you may want to try A Fairytale for the Demon Lord.
    Moved the reply over to the manhwa board. ©~Charlie

I just re read paladin and I have to say its very interesting. Anyone who has not read it, please do so.
    This is one of the few manhwas that I liked enough to skip ahead to see the raws. Having done so, I must say I'll be following this series when the raws come out. If I recall correctly, the raws for paladin come out on Tuesdays.

Another great series that I just caught up on was Chaser. Its currently on the third season (Meaning the third phase of the story) and I must say I was really impressed with the recent chapters. Interestingly enough even though its hosted on daum, I Google translated some of the comments from the chapter and it seems like some Noblesse fans (Noblesse is on another site known as naver) who post on daum are arguing over which story line or plot is better. Noblesse vs Chaser.

I have not particularly been drawn to the fairy tale of the demon lord yet. I will check that series out again when more chapters come out.
    Last edited by Charlie; August 26, 2011 at 12:36 PM.

11. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    MH's Most Passionate Member 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member scav's Avatar
    Country
    The Wall
    Post Thanks / Like

chaser is awesome indeed. to me noblesse, chaser, tower of God and God of high school are the best web comics. I also like transfert storm student bringer, it's not very good but it's hilarious.

13. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Country
    Fun Forum
    Post Thanks / Like

News update

This is just a small info / update on the current sticky'd threads in the Manhwa board.

These serve more of as recommended series and will be up for a month.

Afterwards, they will be replaced by another two series.

We'll try to add one new manhwa series each month along with one from the existing series threads that we feel everyone might enjoy.

So, without further adieu, there are two new sticky threads for manhwas :

Magician & The God of High school by Yong Jae Park

Magician is a newly added series / thread to mh and The god of high school might be familiar to some already. Thus, I wont spoil any news on those series so check out their thread links.

Enjoy~!

Last edited by Charlie; September 05, 2011 at 02:42 PM.

15. Thanks 2 Member(s) thanked this post
    Country
    Brazil
    Post Thanks / Like

Has another manhwa ended? I was hoping to read just completed series now, but with everyone hyping chaser i may give it a try....

What do you desire? Money? Glory? Power? Revenge? Or something that surpass all others?

Country
    Fun Forum
    Post Thanks / Like

Has another manhwa ended? I was hoping to read just completed series now, but with everyone hyping chaser i may give it a try....
    Of the top of my head, I'm not sure of any. There are more than a handful series listed as complete in the manhwa board.
    Just click on the [complete] prefix and it should all show up. Now a couple series there the raws have finished, while listed as complete the scans have not caught up.

Regarding Chaser, I'm really enjoying the series thus far.

Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted k-dom's Avatar
    Country
    France
    Post Thanks / Like

Have you read Shin Angyo Onshi or Ares ? Both are good completed manhwa

19. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Country
    Brazil
    Post Thanks / Like

Ares i read! It was great, some kind of historical aspect plus shounen and swords.... The other i just checked, 75 chapters seems reasonable! But now it will have to wait until i finish Chaser, i'm in chapter 23...

Country
    The Wall
    Post Thanks / Like

i'm reading an epic webcomic called trace atm, it's already ended and have 7volumes. I'm at vol 3 atm and honestly i already put trace in my top manhwa list, i can't say what i like more between trace and noblesse. that stuff is just epic, dark and fcking addictive

22. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Country
    Brazil
    Post Thanks / Like

Wow! This trace is great!!! I just finished volume 2 and the art got better, i must say the first volume had a plain art... but the feelings the author want to pass us really get across, the way Ghang Gwon narrated his story was good (It was my first fight. I thought i could win.)...

BUT volume 2 and Kim Yoon Seong was the greater part until now. I think the author got better and Ghang Gwon will develop too, but the "ocean's eleven" plan and the sad story about Mr Beggar and Pierrot was just well done.
    Spoiler show

---------- Post added September 17, 2011 at 09:52 PM ---------- Previous post was September 11, 2011 at 07:50 PM ----------

Trace was a good reading, but the end seemed rushed.... They focused on Mr Beegar and the governement and Ghang Gwon plot seemed uninportant. At the end it was really interesting reading about the relantionship between traces and humans, but the troubles looked like bonus, just to bring them to light at the end...

Good, but not on the same level of Noblesse or ToG. I read The God of Highschool and it was great! I think i'll start another webcomic... But there is Farytale for the demon lord, Paladin, Magician.... It is hard to choose!!!! Can someone tell me the most popular webcomics of Naver and Daum?

24. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Country
    The Wall
    Post Thanks / Like

hum i do prefer trace and chaser to ToG. but u're right about the ending of Trace, i was really expecting more. the story has a so great potential but it was rushed at the end. But unlike lots of people i wasn't interested in Ghang Gwon story. Some people talk about a season 2.

26. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
New Reply
Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast