Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (7/14/14 - 7/20/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Gintama 503 by Bomber D Rufi , Bleach 588 (2)
New Reply
Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ... 8 9 10 11 LastLast

Thread: MH Manhwa Hangout

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member strixflash's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: MH Manhwa Hangout

I dropped Flow as it was getting annoying with all those protector crap ~_~' The MC is unberable as well.

I just started reading DICE and my feelings are mixed. And strangely I find everyone's favorite The Gamer an average toon... didn't really understood its popularity on MH.

Noblesse and ToG are not in their best form. Both of them are average in story from last 50-60 chapters.

Noblesse Forever!

MangaHelper 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member syx's Avatar
    Country
    Turkey
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by kidopitz27 View Post
    what in the world is happening all of my favorite webtoons are becoming stale ,just circling around and not exciting anymore
    It's the same for me to some degree. I started with Tower of God and The Breaker and both of them are not the same as they used to be in their first parts. At least, I like the current arc of New Waves, while the previous arc was the worst in my opinion. In Tower of God, I didn't like the neglection of the amazing Part 1 cast. And the current arc is sorta confusing and and not really thought out well I think.

So, I picked up DICE, Noblesse, Girls of the Wilds and The Gamer. But Noblesse is kinda too repetitive in my opinion, but still solid, so I continue to follow it. I kinda dropped Girls of the Wilds, because all I see every week is that damn boring protaginist scrubbing those cars over and over again. This series completely lost track of the martial arts theme, which I liked at the beginning. Not to mention that my favorite character - Dal Dal - became the most annoying character through the course of the series.

DICE and The Gamer are relatively very new. Both of them are really enjoyable to read for now. I think I like The Gamer a bit more, since it has a cool cast, while I don't like any character in DICE, which is somehow funny. But DICE seems to be more serious and mysterious, which is probably the reason why I didn't drop it despite my dislike for the characters. Don't know how good those series will be once they hit 150+ chapters.
    Last edited by syx; January 14, 2014 at 03:32 PM.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member BASED Shinigami's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Found this webtoon a few days ago. Relatively new. Funny first chapter http://www.batoto.net/comic/_/comics...-father-r10850
    My comic suggestions: Ecchi, Martial Arts, Historical, Harem, Adventure!

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member zelllogan's Avatar
    Country
    Belgium
    Post Thanks / Like

The worst webtoons recently are God of high school & girls of the wild. I never expected that much from the second one but the first one completely lost me. It used to be fun & I lost all interest in it. I didn't read a chapter for months.

I highly suggest Yongbi for a refreshing read. It's not new but the scanlatations are new.

MH's Best Reviewer 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Jammin's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by zelllogan View Post
    The worst webtoons recently are God of high school & girls of the wild. I never expected that much from the second one but the first one completely lost me. It used to be fun & I lost all interest in it. I didn't read a chapter for months.

I highly suggest Yongbi for a refreshing read. It's not new but the scanlatations are new.
    I read the first chapter and it looks good. I'm going to put it on my reading list.

Also noticed we didn't have a thread for it, so I made one.
    Jammin's Recommended Reading
    The Gamer [Esp. for Everybody]
    I Don't Want This Kind of Hero [Esp. for Superhero/Comedy fans]
    Girls of the Wild's [Esp. for Romance/Martial Arts fans.]
    Ultimate Legend: Kang Hae Hyo [Esp. for Delinquent/Comedy fans]

6. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    MangaHelper 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity kidopitz27's Avatar
    Country
    Philippines
    Post Thanks / Like

i think i read Yongbi before but forgot it because of irregular times of translation

i remember reading it because of Biryong the horse

OMG TWO VILEPLUME

100% sure that Zoro already surpassed mihawk! 10/06/10

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by kidopitz27 View Post
    i find TAL confusing i just read from chapter 0 - 95 and i still don't get it
    Haha I thought I was the only one. I dropped it recently. Story seems nonsensical and confusing. Not an enjoyable read. Although, it is funny at times.
    Last edited by BASED Shinigami; January 15, 2014 at 12:43 PM.

MangaHelper 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity kidopitz27's Avatar
    Country
    Philippines
    Post Thanks / Like

i just read FLOW and it's good it's only starting but there are a lot of questions already

the protagonist bump to his doppelganger and the Bunny anima user said that she have to test who is the real one i think she is confused because there are the doppelganger could be another white tiger or all of the Four Guardian Beast is like Yin and Yang or in other terms Light and Dark Side

chapter 31 is shown to have a dark energy turtle so maybe there are other Four Guardian Beast (Dark Side)

OMG TWO VILEPLUME

100% sure that Zoro already surpassed mihawk! 10/06/10

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by BASED Shinigami View Post
    @Jammin

Is this what you're talking about? http://www.batoto.net/comic/_/comics...w-stream-r9360
    Sorry didn't see your post until now. And, yeah, that's the one.

I'm enjoying it thus far. The artwork is a little rough but I like the guardian gods thing and the nuances of how the powers work, it's also got a solid likeable protagonist. The thing I'm really waiting for it to do though is expand the rest of the cast in a meaningful way. The Tiger Girl is the only other character right now that feels like a "keeper" to me.

------------------------------------

I keep trying to get into DICE but I just don't think it's my cup of tea. The concept of using magic dice to enhance yourself is interesting but it goes too dramatic for me. It's so dark and dire, there is no comic relief or sense of triumph at all. And that's just not for me.

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Glory Hill has the potential to become one of my favorite webtoons. The first ten chapters were exceptional.

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Hey guys and gals, starting this Sunday January the 19th, we are kicking off the Mangahelpers 2014 Manhwa Awards.

For those of you who may be unfamiliar with the way this works. We will be taking nominations for the 14 Award categories from the 19th-28th. Then starting on the 30th you get to vote to decide the winners.

The categories will be as follows.
    • Best Overall Manhwa Series
    • Best Action/Adventure Series
    • Best Comedy Series
    • Best Slice of Life/Romance/Drama Series
    • Best Overall Cast
    • Best Artwork
    • Best Pairing/Couple
    • Best Male Character
    • Best Female Character
    • Best Antagonist
    • Most Hated Character
    • Best Fight Sequence
    • Best Supporting Character
    • Best Mystery / Horror Series

So take a good look and consider which series and characters are deserving of your vote this year.

---------- Post added January 19, 2014 at 01:19 PM ---------- Previous post was January 17, 2014 at 02:46 PM ----------

The MH Manhwa Awards Nomination phase has now begun! So come on over and vote for you favorites!

---------- Post added January 30, 2014 at 11:25 AM ---------- Previous post was January 19, 2014 at 01:19 PM ----------

The MH Manhwa Awards Voting Phase has started! It's time to make sure all you favorite series get their due and on Feburary 6th come back and find out who the big winners are.
    Last edited by Jammin; January 19, 2014 at 12:54 PM.

13. Thanks 2 Member(s) thanked this post
    Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner Heisamess's Avatar
    Country
    North Pole
    Post Thanks / Like

The mahwa ive been following for the longest time must be ID. I think. I really enjoy reading it even now but prefer to wait for 2-3 months.
    Probably my favourite one is The Breaker cuz i really like the characters even the ones i hate if you know what i mean. I dont really get why people keep saying that the manhwa is not so good now. I guess i know where this is coming from: the world is not new anymore, many secrets and characters have been revealed and MC is developing not so fast in terms of strength (i like that personally). But if you read the whole series from the start i think you will see that the story is solid and really enjoyable. New characters are very likable and well written. I get it that people want to see Shioon finally pwn some bad guys and show his real talent and superiority but...just wait a little more i think we will see some epic fights in the future chapters.
    The same goes with Tower of God for me. I dont understand why people complain that there are not enough Androssi and co. I mean i REALLY do like them a lot but the world of ToG is really big. Story just cant go around ~10 characters considering the circumstances. It will go back to the roots im sure and to the new things once again.

Lately started reading The Gamer. Fun.
    Please dont mind my engrish. Its not my first language.

15. Like 2 Member(s) likes this post
    MH Senpai 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member Cupid's Avatar
    Country
    France
    Post Thanks / Like

"I hope senpai notices me..."

Confess your love for your senpai on Valentine's Day! [14.02.2014]

MangaHelper MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Josef K.'s Avatar
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like