Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (9/8/14 - 9/14/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Bleach 595 (2)

View Poll Results: Who wins?

Voters
130. You may not vote on this poll
  • Aizen

69 53.08%
  • Urahara

61 46.92%
Thread Closed
Page 1 of 15 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast

Thread: Aizen Sōsuke vs Urahara Kisuke

The Giggs MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted igotthegoods's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Aizen Sōsuke vs Urahara Kisuke

Aizen vs. Urahara

this keeps the others ones nicely aligned
    Aizen

Aizen Sōsuke, an evil-supergenius megalomaniac and former 5th division captain, is a master of machinations and manipulation. His virtual mastery of all facets of shinigami combat fuels his superiority complex and set him on a quest to become the most supreme being in existence. His zanpakutō, Kyouka Suigetsu, allows him in shikai to manipulate the five senses of any person that has ever seen his initial release. The only method to avoid being trapped in Aizen's illusions is to touch Kyōka Suigetsu's blade before complete hypnosis is activated.
    Urahara

Urahara Kisuke, former captain of the 12th division, is usually seen as a laid-back, jovial fellow, but also shows a deceptively cunning and serious side when the situation warrants it. Having founded the research institute in Soul Society, Urahara has developed a number of unique items which he uses for various purposes. He is a skilled fighter with great proficiency in all areas of shinigami combat. His zanpakutō, Benihime, takes the form of a shikomizue. His shikai has several special techniques. Its primary offensive technique allows him to fire particularly strong and destructive, yet controlled crimson-colored energy blasts and its primary defensive ability forms an hexagonal-shaped "blood mist shield" in front of Urahara. Another set of techniques allow him to form a tangible, blood red net that when thrown over an opponent binds and restricts their movements. Stabbing this net with Benihime causes a series of destructive explosions which can cause tremendous damage to the intended target.

Cast your vote and discuss (logically) why you voted for who you voted for. Have fun, but keep it clean!
    Last edited by Tsukisama; March 25, 2011 at 07:09 PM.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Aizen Sōsuke vs Urahara Kisuke

Hard to call on this, Aizen may be superior in the skills department, but Urahara is superior in the intellectual department. Portable Gigai could be very useful, but KS will be used eventually, unless Urahara ends it before that. I don't see that happening though. He'll have to do the same Isshin did. Still on the fence about this.

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Aizen. Urahara's smart, I'll give him that. He however lacks the AoE required to take Aizen down. With literally no knowledge on KS or what it does by the rules, his own analytical nature is his undoing, it only guarantee's he'll be hit by it. Further Aizen's not the type to pussyfoot around without injecting himself with godhax, which is void here. He was careful enough to activate his own ability even on a simple offensive like Hitsugaya attacking him, which speaks freaking volumes of how careful he is outside of the plot retardation that followed that bit.

To beat KS you need overwhelmingly powerful and ungodly massive AoE (ie: Yamamoto). Urahara has at best the cry attack, and frankly that's chump change. Granted Playing with Fire is pretty large, but catching a target who could be literally anywhere in the net, then making sure your blade touches it is all too easy to botch. That level 91 Kido? Chant only ensures it'll be avoided. His cuff bullshit? Even assuming that's allowed, try putting crap like that on someones wrists when you can't even be sure where his wrists are. That sword kido garbage? Frankly I don't even know how that stupidity was placed, but considering it was implied to have been done when he was bolted down to hell under multiple binders, yeah, good freaking luck with that. Aizen has it in the bag the moment he releases, Urahara's only chance is nailing him before then. Problem is Aizen is far more careful without godhax, and Urahara has no idea what Aizen's got up his sleeve.

4. Thanks 4 Member(s) thanked this post
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

I'm leaning towards Aizen also. Urahara may have him beat in smarts department, but without preparation for KS there's nothing he can do to defeat it once it's activated. I wanna see the comments here though. I wanna see what people will say about the activation of KS, and how they feel someone like Urahara might have a chance to defend against Aizen or push him without him releasing it. Isshin did it, but Ichigo was sort of a factor. I'm not so sure Urahara will go ahead and push Aizen so he hasn't time to release KS.

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

I don't know how long the KS ritual to put someone under complete hypnosis takes, but considering Urahara goes into this battle with no knowledge of the inherent danger of KS, I would have a hard time being convinced that he could avoid being hypnotized. It's a pity... I would have put Urahara as the 3rd most likely to win in this tournament, after Yama and Aizen ofc.
    Last edited by ShootToKill; March 25, 2011 at 10:01 PM.

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Given he nailed all the captains with it under the assumption that it was a simple fog of confusion sort of shikai, I'd imagine it doesn't take long. That the blade was destroyed however before we could see jack all from it kinda screws the pooch there to say the least. >>

Regardless, with no knowledge of it it won't matter, Urahara's simply too analytical. He's the guy who studied the entire parameters of something as rather basic as Bala for a few minutes to get the full properties down by baiting Yammi into whacking the clone for a bit, just because he'd never seen it before. He'll likely be doing the exact same here, watching the entire thing purely to understand what's going on and theorize on the parameters of it, being completely unaware of the utter danger involved.

8. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Meh, Aizen for sure. The guy only feared Yamamoto as evidenced in the manga, the rest of the captains are fodder to Aizen, as he was able to take down several captain class shinigami with sheer brute force.

Speed: Aizen
    Reiatsu: Aizen
    Kido: Aizen
    Swordsmanship: Aizen
    Abilities: Aizen
    Intellect: Tie
    Strength: Aizen

10. Thanks 2 Member(s) thanked this post
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Intellect is actually Urahara. Everything else is pretty much Aizen. Granted technically Urahara has more abilities, but none of them are particularly potent and don't even come close to matching the sheer hax of KS.

MangaHelper 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member kkck's Avatar
    wherever cookies can't get to me...(as if such a place existed...)
    Country
    Galactic Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

Aizen is about as smart as urahara IMO. He has also shown he is nothing but a brilliant strategist and has the more hax zampakuto. I also doubt urahara could keep up with aizen in terms of speed or strength.... I have to go with aizen here.

13. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Indeed. Urahara has the edge intellectually, but during the midst of the battle (and without having the necessary preparation time), it makes no difference.

It's like having two opponents in the 99% percentile go up against each other. Yes sure, one has to be smarter than the other, but that 1% is negligible in such a battle.

Now taking Yammy as an example..Urahara could toy with him..

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Takahashi's Avatar
    Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

For a second I thought these two were in a team at first glance

Anyway, Aizen. People seem to think that just because someone doesn't start under KS, then they can figure a way around it. I disagree. We saw how easy it is to do when he used it on Barragan, not having prior knowledge makes no one able to take this guy.

16. Thanks 2 Member(s) thanked this post
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Oh right, we saw it used on Barragon. Thing's literally like instant, there was no time frame beyond him saying the name with which to have anything actually happen, which is the same for most shikai, and almost everyone looks at that point.

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

It seems like all bleach characters do the dumb thing and let the other person get their 'release' done. Maybe a few characters would push it so that Aizen wouldn't get the chance to stand still and do his release, I think Kenpachi might be one of those characters who doesn't care about tricks and just wants to fight. But even he would probably fall victim to the trickery that Aizen has up his sleeve. He's kinda like Cell from DBZ I'd imagine. He is analytical as well, so while he may be observing he seems to take the type of character his opponent is and use it to their weakness. For instance- Hitsugaya and switching his place with Momo.

I'm not sure if you guys follow me here, but unless your a character who has little on their mind, or is pretty care free, Aizen can use his whit to upset you or get under your skin. Shunsui seems to do that a little as well in a sort of way.

With Urahara, I see him being analytical but to a different tune than Aizen. Aizen likes to talk a lot, Urahara seems to observe and react, but you can't do that here with KS lurking around the corner. Aizen would win this IMO.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member AlB's Avatar
    Country
    Georgia
    Post Thanks / Like

Aizen.

Urahara may have been refered to as smarter by Aizen himself, but only as a scientist. As a combatant, strategist Aizen has no peers.
    I don't understand why many people call him trash without KS. He is not! And besides... why take it away from him?
    I agree with Takahashi, casting hypnosis is a piece of cake as we've seen in Barragan's flashback and after it is cast the battle is over. It's not like Urahara will start fighting wth his eyes closed or will deliberately try to avoid looking at Aizen's sword since he does not possess the prior knowledge of the dude's abilities.
    This is not a careless Aizen who will allow anybody to simply bombard him with Kidos and see what happens. This is The Aizen who took down 8 captain class opponents (Including the likes of Shunsui and Shinji) without as much as breaking a sweat, The Aizen that had entire Gotei 13 (including minds like Urahara and Shinji) and Central 46 fooled for god knows how many years.
    The Aizen takes this

I also second the statements that Aizen is superior to Urahara in terms of strength and speed. Nothing we have seen from Urahara suggests that he might be on par with Sosuke.

20. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member SaintSheik's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Aizen.

I hold Aizen slightly higher on intellect, but on he's on a whole different level than Urahara. His sword would make Urahara's zanpaktou and tricks virtually useless and I can't think of any other character save for Yamamoto who would run through the Vaizards and Captains the way that Aizen did.

* The only thing debate worthy is seeing if this thread will go on for ten pages or fifteen.

Edit: Using the stats brought up by LucyBenard:

Speed: Aizen
    Reiatsu: Aizen
    Kido: Aizen
    Swordsmanship: Aizen
    Abilities: Aizen
    Intellect: Aizen (close)
    Strength: Aizen
    Last edited by SaintSheik; March 26, 2011 at 11:04 AM.

22. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
Thread Closed
Page 1 of 15 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast