Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (7/14/14 - 7/20/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Gintama 503 by Bomber D Rufi , Bleach 588 by BadKarma

View Poll Results: Who wins?

Voters
130. You may not vote on this poll
  • Aizen

69 53.08%
  • Urahara

61 46.92%
Thread Closed
Page 3 of 15 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 ... LastLast

Thread: Aizen Sōsuke vs Urahara Kisuke

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Aizen Sōsuke vs Urahara Kisuke

Actually if he does do it like Barragon I could see it being adequate warning, however given both Aizen's clever enough to realize Urahara's insanely smart even from a brief meeting as a VC, he'll likely know that won't fly here, as it's all too easy to fall to the same conclusion even with no evidence, as before. There's a reason he went out of his way to set up his character to be the type to give a shikai demonstration to everyone purely to get them under it, he know that type of crap wouldn't fly for people who aren't morons.

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Random101 View Post
    Actually if he does do it like Barragon I could see it being adequate warning, however given both Aizen's clever enough to realize Urahara's insanely smart even from a brief meeting as a VC, he'll likely know that won't fly here, as it's all too easy to fall to the same conclusion even with no evidence, as before. There's a reason he went out of his way to set up his character to be the type to give a shikai demonstration to everyone purely to get them under it, he know that type of crap wouldn't fly for people who aren't morons.
    Indeed. That's an excellent point. It only took Aizen a glance to deduce that Urahara was the intellectual type when they first met during Urahara's captain promotion.

Also, seeing how Yamamoto already witnessed Urahara's bankai during the captain proficiency test, and still regarded Ukitake and Shunsui as the superior shinigami 110 years later, Urahara < Shunsui/Ukitake < Aizen. At least: strength/reiatsu/power wise.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member AlB's Avatar
    Country
    Georgia
    Post Thanks / Like

Here we go again.... Look I'm for Aizen here. 100% for Aizen. But enough with this "Yama said this Yama said that" shit. It's annoying and useless argument since it was coming from a character that has proved himself to be the most biased man in the world!

4. Thanks 2 Member(s) thanked this post
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by AlB View Post
    Here we go again.... Look I'm for Aizen here. 100% for Aizen. But enough with this "Yama said this Yama said that" shit. It's annoying and useless argument since it was coming from a character that has proved himself to be the most biased man in the world!
    How is he biased? He only said that he has been the strongest Shinigami for the past 1000 years. Aizen, as arrogant as his character is, attested to that fact. Also, Ukitake/Shunsui being the legends they are, also agreed that Yamamoto was the strongest.

As I always say, regard Yamamoto words as Kubo's words unless if they are directly proven wrong.

6. Thanks 2 Member(s) thanked this post
    Country
    Georgia
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by LucyBenard View Post
    How is he biased? He only said that he has been the strongest Shinigami for the past 1000 years. Aizen, as arrogant as his character is, attested to that fact. Also, Ukitake/Shunsui being the legends they are, also agreed that Yamamoto was the strongest.

As I always say, regard Yamamoto words as Kubo's words unless if they are directly proven wrong.
    Dude, they are like children to him Of course he'll be biased towards them. Remember how everybody was getting slaughtered and Yama was not even worried? Yet he literally panicked when his favourite students got taken down. DOn't get me wrong, I'm not judging him. It's perfectly normal... but he is still biased.
    And I don't remember where AIzen attested that SHunsui and Uki are best
    ANyway, this is off-topic.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member El Samurai Guapo's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Oh no! It's going to be much muuch easier!
    Kisuke is a smart chap... he knows that if you don't look at an enemy sword, then you will not be able to block it effectively. E.G. Aizen draaaws a sword, Urahara is watching intently not to miss any sudden moves, aaaaaaaaand... why so serious?
    Actually it's not that easy, Aizen apparently has to assume that pose where he holds KS upside down and in front of him before releasing. I'm not convinced Kisuke will sit there and gawk at KS while Aizen does that the way Barragan (who let's face it, is a moron) did. If he starts to do that in mid-fight he could get his head taken off. If Kisuke attacks Aizen the way Isshin did, not giving him any time to breathe, he could very well win. Aizen is very deadly too, but if he's sealed I don't think he'll last too long after Kisuke releases Benihime. If Kisuke can land a bakudou then that's even better.

9. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Country
    Georgia
    Post Thanks / Like

But surely you would agree that even pose like that does not reveal user's intentions. Many shinigami need to assume a specific pose. It does not take much time does it? I mean, look at Shunsui's fight with Stark: He crossed the swords so fast that it seemed that never crossed them at all, but that was a required stance. If shunsui can pull off crossing two swords in a single instant then don't you think Aizen will be able to simply turn a single blade upside-down with the same (or even greater speed)? Urahara won't be fats enough to react.
    And even if he is... Urahara is a weasel in his own league, he is also very cautious and charging in the moment he sees somebody take such a stance is a last thing I see him doing.

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Dude, they are like children to him Of course he'll be biased towards them. Remember how everybody was getting slaughtered and Yama was not even worried? Yet he literally panicked when his favourite students got taken down. DOn't get me wrong, I'm not judging him. It's perfectly normal... but he is still biased.
    And I don't remember where AIzen attested that SHunsui and Uki are best
    ANyway, this is off-topic.
    That's not bias. Expressing normal emotions vs. conveying hard concrete facts (via the author).

I said: Aizen attested to the fact that Yamamoto is indeed stronger, thus solidifying the notion that Yamamoto speaks the facts AND is not biased.

As I said, there is nothing "biased" about these facts since they come from Kubo directly.

Since Urahara < Shunsui (Kubo), this battle is a breeze for Aizen.

Quote Originally Posted by El Samurai Guapo View Post
    Barragan (who let's face it, is a moron)
    So you have labeled Barragan a moron just because of Aizen's feat. Not good logic.

Barragan possesses ample intelligence since he was able to deduce that destroying the pillars would transport back the real KK town into place.

Barragan is not a moron. Aizen's KS ability is just that easily invoked and deadly. Come to think of it, Aizen had put all of the Espada/SS under KS, so by your logic: Starrk and everyone else are morons too.
    Last edited by LucyBenard; March 26, 2011 at 03:14 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

That's not bias. Expressing normal emotions vs. conveying hard concrete facts (via the author).

I said: Aizen attested to the fact that Yamamoto is indeed stronger, thus solidifying the notion that Yamamoto speaks the facts AND is not biased.
    What does Yama being stronger have to do with the validity of his statement about Shunsui?

As I said, there is nothing "biased" about these facts since they come from Kubo directly.
    Nope, they come from Yama, who isn't the narrator of Bleach, and is just as capable of bias as anyone else.

Since Urahara < Shunsui (Kubo), this battle is a breeze for Aizen.
    <hr noshade size="1">
    I think Aizen will win based on what I've said previously, but I disagree with Urahara < Shunsui.

So you have labeled Barragan a moron just because of Aizen's feat. Not good logic.

Barragan possesses ample intelligence since he was able to deduce that destroying the pillars would transport back the real KK town into place.

Barragan is not a moron. Aizen's KS ability is just that easily invoked and deadly. Come to think of it, Aizen had put all of the Espada/SS under KS, so by your logic: Starrk and everyone else are morons too.
    I think he referred to Barragan as a moron due to him underestimating everyone and considering himself invincible. Since Urahara is a lot smarter than Barragan, he is unlikely to fall for Aizen's tricks as readily.
    Last edited by ShootToKill; March 26, 2011 at 03:45 PM.

13. Thanks 2 Member(s) thanked this post
    Country
    France
    Post Thanks / Like

Ugh, that was because Aizen transformed not only physically but mentally... you see the one Kisuke managed to place cuffs on was an overly self-confident, "sod them all they can't beat me" guy.
    The one Kisuke is fighting now is Sosuke "better safe than sorry" Aizen.

Oh no! It's going to be much muuch easier!
    Kisuke is a smart chap... he knows that if you don't look at an enemy sword, then you will not be able to block it effectively. E.G. Aizen draaaws a sword, Urahara is watching intently not to miss any sudden moves, aaaaaaaaand... why so serious?
    they say x is smarter than y becuase he can outsmart him
    urahara would have fooled aizen and placed the cuffs no matter how aizen's mentality has changed
    dont believe me? then why the hell did urahara bring the cuffs ? does he sound like old stupid yamamoto ? release shikai ti get beat by it later ... he brought the cuffs so he was confident he would use them

anyway, you guys go with aizen ... remember how everyone was laughing at ichigo ? who would have said that ichigo at full potentiel could wipe the floor with yamamoto ... kubo is going to make urahara fight at full strengh one of these days agaisn some super-op vilain (if he doesnt become one himself lol), and i do highly doubt he will lose
    THE UCHIHA LOGIC:
    "brother follows hiw on path? destroy konoha " uchiha sasuke
    "the village wants you not to interfere with politics? coup-d'etat" uchiha fugaku
    "coup-d'etat on the way? obliterate entire clan" uchiha itachi
    "clan wants to make peace? destroy everyone everywhere" uchiha madara
    "10 years old crush dead?infinite tsukyumi" uchiha obito

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member El Samurai Guapo's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Uhh no, where did I say that? I label him a moron based on everything I saw from him, especially how he handled himself on FKT.

16. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted xXan's Avatar
    Country
    Romania
    Post Thanks / Like

People around here think arrogance = moron. Barragan was not a moron. He belived to be invincible and he was about that, invincible. They had to use his own ability to take him down ffs.

18. Thanks 2 Member(s) thanked this post
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by xXan View Post
    People around here think arrogance = moron. Barragan was not a moron. He belived to be invincible and he was about that, invincible. They had to use his own ability to take him down ffs.
    ...yea...and add very bad logic on top of that.....

Quote Originally Posted by ShootToKill View Post
    What does Yama being stronger have to do with the validity of his statement about Shunsui?

Nope, they come from Yama, who isn't the narrator of Bleach, and is just as capable of bias as anyone else.

I think Aizen will win based on what I've said previously, but I disagree with Urahara < Shunsui.

I think he referred to Barragan as a moron due to him underestimating everyone and considering himself invincible. Since Urahara is a lot smarter than Barragan, he is unlikely to fall for Aizen's tricks as readily.
    1) Yamamoto said that he was the strongest Shinigami for the past millennium. Yamamoto also said that Ukitake/Shunsui are the strongest captains he'd seen. The former is of no doubt correct since Aizen/Ukitake/Shunsui attested to it. Therefore, the latter is also correct unless otherwise directly proven wrong since Yamamoto has already been established as an authentic authority in bleach via the former statement.

Hint: Yamamoto's words = Kubo's words.

What does that mean in the context of this battle?

Urahara < Shunsui. Thus, definitely Aizen > Urahara.

2)....Kubo is passing his words through Yamamoto...

3) See above post by Xxan...Moron not equal to Arrogant

4)
    Last edited by LucyBenard; March 26, 2011 at 05:01 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Country
    France
    Post Thanks / Like

BARGGAN WAS A MORON and a big one , he could have ended the fight before the vaisards showed up but he left soi fon prepare for her bankai and followed omaeda (followed and wasnt even serious) he was just playing with them...

...yea...and add very bad logic on top of that.....
    <hr noshade size="1">

1) Yamamoto said that he was the strongest Shinigami for the past millennium. Yamamoto also said that Ukitake/Shunsui are the strongest captains he'd seen. The former is of no doubt correct since Aizen/Ukitake/Shunsui attested to it. Therefore, the latter is also correct unless otherwise directly proven wrong since Yamamoto has already been established as an authentic authority in bleach via the former statement.

Hint: Yamamoto's words = Kubo's words.

What does that mean in the context of this battle?

Urahara < Shunsui. Thus, definitely Aizen > Urahara.

2)....Kubo is passing his words through Yamamoto...

3) See above post by Xxan...Moron not equal to Arrogant

4)
    good try , but chasles doesnt work in bleach
    shikai ichigo > kenpachi > noitora > grimmjow>>>bankai+mask ichigo
    and kubo is a troll , simple
    Last edited by tousendrinksbleach; March 26, 2011 at 05:03 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    THE UCHIHA LOGIC:
    "brother follows hiw on path? destroy konoha " uchiha sasuke
    "the village wants you not to interfere with politics? coup-d'etat" uchiha fugaku
    "coup-d'etat on the way? obliterate entire clan" uchiha itachi
    "clan wants to make peace? destroy everyone everywhere" uchiha madara
    "10 years old crush dead?infinite tsukyumi" uchiha obito

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member Buzz Killington's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Ugh, that was because Aizen transformed not only physically but mentally... you see the one Kisuke managed to place cuffs on was an overly self-confident, "sod them all they can't beat me" guy.
    The one Kisuke is fighting now is Sosuke "better safe than sorry" Aizen.
    What does that have to do with my point?

My point is that Kisuke has the capabilities to destroy Aizen, now whether an admittedly weaker version of him is more cautious or not doesn't change that

22. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
Thread Closed
Page 3 of 15 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 ... LastLast