Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (10/13/14 - 10/19/14).
Forum News: The nomination phase of the Community Awards 2014 is live! Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!

View Poll Results: Who wins?

Voters
136. You may not vote on this poll
  • Ichigo

57 41.91%
  • Shinji

79 58.09%
Thread Closed
Page 2 of 16 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 ... LastLast

Thread: Kurosaki Ichigo vs Hirako Shinji

Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted xXan's Avatar
    Country
    Romania
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Kurosaki Ichigo vs Hirako Shinji

People stop using Ichigonator. There is NO way in hell he is going to end up using that here.

This fight goes to Shinji but i am sure the polls are going to be 90% Ichigo 10% Shinji lol

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member AlB's Avatar
    Country
    Georgia
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Takahashi View Post
    Shinji.

First of all, Ichigonator being considered in every match of this tournament is ridiculous, it's a story driven transformation. Yet in this tournament it's turned into an invincible card for Ichigo supporters to use for any situation. Second, even IF we assume Ichigonator comes out to play 100% of the time, it doesn't have the brains to even understand why the guy he's stabbing is pulling a Madara.
    I would like to second this!
    Even in Ichigonator form the dude will be as vulnerable as in base form. Ichigo himself is not bright and what about the beastial idiot that he becomes when he achieves that form?!

But that is IF he will go Ichigonator!
    For all those who are voting Ichigo based on his Ichigonator form: would you guys mind sharing how exactly he will achieve it?

Sad fact is, Ichigo's head will flying before he even comprehends why the world around him is so weird.
    Shinji is smarter, faster, stronger, more versatile. There's no way Ichi can get past him. Add to that the shitstorm that is Sakanade and this fight is over before it truly begins.
    Last edited by AlB; March 28, 2011 at 03:08 AM.

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner EureKA's Avatar
    Country
    Ireland
    Post Thanks / Like

Ichigos second hollow form would out muscle shinji with speed and power. Unlike the fight with ulquiorra (and ulq had no special skills he was basically a fighter relying on his base stats like ichigo) shinji does have an ability that will put the Neanderthal though his paces, although mentally he couldn't comprehend shinjis ability.

Ichigonator : kill!!!!

Shinji : collapse sakanade

Ichigonator : uh....... kill!!!!!!

4. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member eefrit's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

I have to say, allowing Ichigonator to participate in this tourney is pretty cheap. Considering the fact that we will probably never see it again and it was basically magical plot sorcery. That was honestly the worst part of the Ichigo and Ulquiorra fight. Also the fact that he was vastly overpowered to begin with only to come back with even MORE power is kind of ridiculous as it was only used to progress the plot. Shinji is a captain level shinigami who also has hollow powers. Add that to the fact Ichigo is most definitely someone who fights on instinct which Sakanade preys on. Hell there was an entire training arc who's purpose was to introduce that concept to him. I'm still amazed he was able to keep up with Gin the way he did considering Gin was one step ahead of him the entire time of the fight.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Exodi's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

As soon as Shinji uses Sakanade, it's done.
    As Ichigo has nowhere near the experience Shinji has, Shinji wins this fight.

As for the fact that Ichigo can "use" his Ultimate Hollow form...that makes no sense.
    Is Ichigo going to commit suicide to get it? Should he blast a hole in his own chest?
    Should he get Orihime, tie her up, and pretend that Shinji kidnapped her to use as a sex slave, thus resulting in Ichigo's overwhelming need to save her?

The idea, while kind of fun, is also a little silly.

Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted THM Nindo's Avatar
    Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

Ichigo isn't intelligent enough to beat Shinji's bankai.
    It's not something that you can just break with a Getsuga Tenshou.

True love will conquer everything
    The question now is : which of those two loves, is the true one?!

Jiraiya's timeline : here
    Zetsu, the strongest villain of Akatsuki : here

8. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member kamakazi_1996's Avatar
    Country
    England
    Post Thanks / Like

shinji wins this because of sakanade i dont think ichigo can counter the effects, even kenpachi had more of a chance

only ichigo from his dangai form would be intelligent and strong enough to counter the effects but this is before that, i can imagine shinji using a cero a blowing a hole through his chest and ichinator coming out but even ichinator would have trouble combating the effects

shinji wins with sakanade

but i get the feeling people are gonna be biased and ichi fans voting for him, the same thing happened with stark
    "This is a weird feeling... You, who once asked me why I distanced myself from you, have now gone and distanced yourself from me. Should I do the questioning this time? Just now, why did you distance yourself from me?" -ichigo kurosaki

Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

Yeah...
    People will say "Ichigonator" and will vote for Ichigo regardless...

Banned 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Country
    Belgium
    Post Thanks / Like

ichigo wins this easily...

kidding

I be honest I have voted ichigo in past few matches because honestly i beleive with his power level after Gin fight with full resolve he could beat the others..in this fight nope

then again we could bring the arguement of shikai loses to bankai some people have used before.

ichigo is not that dumb but shinjis shikai would beat him down. I think he would figure it out but too late from wounds he gained.

R2 was plot retardedness ignore that rubbish.

shinji wins

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member Snake_Cowboy's Avatar
    Country
    Netherlands
    Post Thanks / Like

Man, am I going to be pissed if Ichigo gets through this one. I already felt it was bullshit that he got through Stark and Yammy, but Shinji, in this instance, should be impossible for Ichigo to take.

To be fair, I don't think Shinji is that much stronger than Ichigo overall: Shinji has always seemed the most powerful of the Vizards to me, but I am uncertain if he's above, say, Byakuya, in general. But even in shikai, Sakanade is a dangerously hax zanpakutou, which is what this match will ultimately be about.

No matter how skilled Ichigo has become, he is far from being able to handle Shinji's zanpakutou. Sakanade's strength is that it makes combat ridiculously complicated: keeping track of every single multiply-reversed movement in a lightning-fast sword-fight requires an insane amount of brainpower, concentration and skill that I can only see the senior captains possessing. Only a genius of Aizen's calibre, with Kyouka Suigetsu at his side, could shrug off Sakanade's effects as easily as he did. If you can't counter it the regular way, then you're only hope is a wide-spread attack. True, Ichigo has his Getsuga, but it is still too small to be guaranteed to hit Shinji, even if he's smart and quick enough to know the general direction he's coming from. Only if he could spread his Getsuga in a much wider area or fire them off in rapid succession could he handle Sakanade this way. Because of this, even the boost his mask provides will make little difference.

This is how I see the battle proceeding.

Shinji, even unreleased and without his mask, is probably strong enough off to handle Ichigo with only his shikai. His speed, strength, skill with kidou... They all point to him being one of the tougher Vizards. Ichigo will definitely use his Bankai; he'll outclass Shinji until the latter dons his mask, at which point Ichigo will eventually be forced to use his mask as well. In this state, I think Ichigo will have the advantage and Shinji will have to watch out, especially for his Hollowfied Getsuga Tenshou, although his own Cero can probably still counter it. Still, Shinji will realise that he won't be able to beat Ichigo like this; he'll either be worn down or he'll remove the mask to conserve reiatsu and instead give Sakanade a try. No matter how much Ichigo will be on guard, he definitely won't be expecting its effects to come by smell; he'll get trapped, at which point he's screwed. Ichigo is someone who fights by instinct; his honed skills will work against him and no matter how he tries, he won't be able to catch all of the reversals quick enough to defend himself from Shinji. He will slash at Ichigo countless times, while he won't have trouble dodging his blows or his Getsugas, Hollowfied or not. At most, he'll block a few hits, but in time, Ichigo will be stabbed or sliced to ribbons.

As I've already explained in other threads, there is no guarantee that Hollow Ichigo/Ichigonator will show up at all (which is why I think he should be banned from the tournament), but I'll include him for the sake of covering all the angles. Assuming he does show up against Shinji, he'll still be under Sakanade's effects. No matter how strong he is, I doubt his reiatsu will be so much higher that he'll be able to cancel it out entirely. He will lunge at Shinji with insane speed - except he'll be going in the wrong direction. He'll fire his Cero - except he'll fire in the wrong direction. But judging from the immense amount of power, Shinji will know he's facing a very dangerous opponent, one much stronger than himself, so he'll take it carefully: he'll strike at Hollow Ichigo and back off immediately to avoid being grabbed, carefully gauging his opponents. As Shinigami are taught in order to kill Hollow, Shinj will eventually go for Ichigo's head or neck while using his own Hollow powers to boost his strength. He'll appear to come from below, only to stab Ichigo through the head from above. No matter how much high-speed regeneration he has, not even Hollow Ichigo can survive having his brain destroyed.

Shinji surely wins.
    Last edited by Snake_Cowboy; March 28, 2011 at 12:52 PM.
    "See you, Snake Cowboy..."

13. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

The appearance of Ichigo's hollow against Ulquiorra is not a random event as some posters are alluding to here.

As seen here, Hollow Ichigo says: If at any time I see even a slight opening I'll buck you off and crush your skull

If Ichigo is put down by Shinji then Ichigo's Hollow will surface as promised. That is what happened in Ulquiorra's fight. The hole in Ichigo's chest is nothing but a symbolic gesture by Kubo. It does not matter how Ichigo fails; all that is needed for Ichigo's Hollow to make an appearance is for Ichigo to fail. Also, as per tournament rules, Ichigo's Hollow form is allowed.

As to those that doubt that Hollow Ichigo is indeed the same entity that defeated Ulquiorra, then you need not look any further than this:

Same being.

Hollow Ichigo's battle instinct, abilities, and thinking prowesses are nothing compared to that of Ichigo's. Everything that Hollow Ichigo has demonstrated points to the complete opposite: the difference in his form and Ichigo's form is that of night and day.

Hollow Ichigo will have no problems whatsoever adjusting to any cheap sense altering tricks thrown at him. Aizen already labeled Shinji's abilities as nothing more than child's play.
    Last edited by LucyBenard; March 28, 2011 at 01:07 PM.

15. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member BaddAzzKenpachi74's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Shinji wins this one.

Its so ridiculous that Ichigo fans keep hanging on to the notion that Ichigo will be able to access Ichigonator form in every fight when really the conditions could never be met.

And even if he could access that form Ichigonator is nothing but a wild animal who is only driven by a killing instinct which makes Shinji's shikia the PERFECT counter for such a monster.

I saw a comment on the topic where a Ichigo supporter tried to used Aizen's statement in favor of Ichigo's victory which is ridiculous.

Just because Aizen said it was child's play doesn't mean its child's play to everyone else especially Ichigo who has no where near the intellect of someone like Aizen nor the HAX shikai Aizen has.

Let me give you an example of what your saying.

Say a 150 lb man can't lift 255 pounds.
    Now what if a 300 lb man came and lifted it pretty easily and said it "was only child's play".
    Does that mean that it is actually child's play?

ofcourse not lol!

Shinji wins this one hands down.

I just hope that Ichigo doesn't once again get a very lucky and lame victory such as he did in the stark topic which stark clearly should have won in my honest opinion.

Live for battle, enjoy every minute, death is the price u pay for a good battle, live to kill, no fear.
    by Kenpachi Zaraki
    . ("Discuss This" http://discussthis.freeforums.org/index.php

17. Thanks 4 Member(s) thanked this post
    Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by LucyBenard View Post
    The appearance of Ichigo's hollow against Ulquiorra is not a random event as some posters are alluding to here.

As seen here, Hollow Ichigo says: If at any time I see even a slight opening I'll buck you off and crush your skull

If Ichigo is put down by Shinji then Ichigo's Hollow will surface as promised. That is what happened in Ulquiorra's fight. The hole in Ichigo's chest is nothing but a symbolic gesture by Kubo. It does not matter how Ichigo fails; all that is needed for Ichigo's Hollow to make an appearance is for Ichigo to fail. Also, as per tournament rules, Ichigo's Hollow form is allowed.
    Then, why didn't it appeared when Ichigo was killed by Ulquiorra the first time?
    He stayed dead until Orohime bring him back with her power.

19. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Katz's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

I voted for Shinji but I have this (very very) obvious feeling that people will blindly vote for Ichigo cause he's A. main character B. a fan favorite when compared to shinji

Ichigonator is cheap and shouldn't even be mentioned in this tournament at all, Ichigo is not nearly smart enough to overcome Shinji's Shikai or strong enough to eat several cero's and sword strikes!

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member AlB's Avatar
    Country
    Georgia
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by LucyBenard View Post
    Aizen already labeled Shinji's abilities as nothing more than child's play.
    You and freshseth83 should form a club

I am tired of saying this, but I can't help it: It's Freaking Aizen who said that Sakanade was child's play, and whatever is child's play for Aizen is bound to be something incomprehensible for everyone else.
    Here... I said it again. Why do I even bother sometimes? Some people here believe that Keigo and Rukia can beat Shinji.

22. Thanks 5 Member(s) thanked this post
Thread Closed
Page 2 of 16 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 ... LastLast