Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (7/21/14 - 7/27/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: One Piece 754 by cnet128 , Bleach 590 by cnet128 , Gintama 504 by Bomber D Rufi

View Poll Results: Who wins?

Voters
136. You may not vote on this poll
  • Ichigo

57 41.91%
  • Shinji

79 58.09%
Thread Closed
Page 3 of 16 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 ... LastLast

Thread: Kurosaki Ichigo vs Hirako Shinji

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Takahashi's Avatar
    Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Kurosaki Ichigo vs Hirako Shinji

Quote Originally Posted by AlB View Post
    You and freshseth83 should form a club

I am tired of saying this, but I can't help it: It's Freaking Aizen who said that Sakanade was child's play, and whatever is child's play for Aizen is bound to be something incomprehensible for everyone else.
    Here... I said it again. Why do I even bother sometimes? Some people here believe that Keigo and Rukia can beat Shinji.
    Keigo's beast.

Anyway, I don't know what's up with this idea that if Aizen beats something, it must suck. Aizen beat Sakanade, he beat Suzumabachi, and now these two characters are forced to suffer the same fate of having their abilities labeled as worthless.

Shinji with his sealed sword seemed better than Ichigo in Bankai. He easily evaded Grimmjow's attacks, as opposed to being absolutely beat down by a guy just toying with you. Shinji, and Captains in general, fight greater opponents and make due with less. Ichigo beat Stark and Yammy, which was ridiculous because it was based on a story transformation with an indeterminable amount of power. Neither of those guys had a hax counter, Shinji does. Sakanade would be difficult as hell to handle for a competent opponent, let alone OOOHHHHAAAAAAA!!!!!!!! <- this guy

2. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Fan club? No. I already made my point about Sakanade in the Kenpachi vs Shinji thread.

I actually voted for Ichigo. Shinji may have a hax shikai, but what has it done? Cut a fake Aizen on the shoulder? SS Ichigo was as fast as Byakuya- and could swat away every petal sent his way. Post Ulquiorra Ichigo definitely gained power as well. There's no way Shinji could win if Ichigo is in the right state of mind an using what he has in his arsenal, even if it seems like it's just one move, GT- he's still skilled enough to go on and fight against people he really should have had no chance against.

Shinji has what, a cero and sakanade? I could say Ichigo has a better mask, can use it longer, has a ranged attack thats better than a cero, is technically faster (see Byakuya fight) is probably as strong or stronger, fought Grimmjaw (who actually had two arms, not 1), tried to fight Nnoitra, without even being healed, went on to try and fight Ulquiorra (who batted away an attack from Benihime with one hand, but had trouble holding a GT with two), lost but still gave it his all. Eventually found a form worthy of a main character (hollow Ichigo) and beat Ulquiorra, came back after that without healing and fought #0 Yammi... not to mention the guy holds bankai for weeks at a time it seems. People say he's weak, he's slow, he's this and that- he's not. While I may not like him, he'll beat someone like Shinji. It doesn't matter how hax Sakanade is, he's dealt with hax, he's dealt with extreme power, he's dealt with speed, he's dealt with everything Shinji could hope for to win. I don't think Sakanade is that hard of an ability to counter. Weve had one instant of it, working against a fake version of Aizen. And that cero? Wow, it hurt Grimmjaw, but in reality, Ichigo's GT's were the real factor. That was against SEALED Grimmjaw mind you, with ONE ARM. So is that cero going to really do much to Ichigo? Who took cero oskuras the same way Grimm did with Shinji's? IMO Ulquiorra would be too much for Shinji. Just in his first form. Ichigo did well to even survive that long with an immature bankai + mask. Which we HAVE NOT seen from any vizard. Only shikai + mask.

I don't think I need to present arguments. There pointless, I believe Ichigo would take this one by merit. Not voting Ichigo because I think Shinji is weak. I just think he's hyped up for some reason. The only thing I really see from him is his reversing things in Sakanade, but that doesn't increase his attack power. Even if he puts on mask, Ichigo has one as well. The guy was fast enough to react to Gin's bankai, and still hit him with a GT. I don't think reacting to something being reversed is out of mind for Ichigo. He may not be the best at everything, but he's good enough at everything.
    Last edited by freshseth83; March 28, 2011 at 02:36 PM.

4. Thanks 2 Member(s) thanked this post
    Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted THM Nindo's Avatar
    Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

Sakanade is far FAR from being child's play.

Ichigo is dumb as an ass...
    He would get so confuse that he would probably stab himself by mistake.

Seriously, Shinji win this hands down.
    For once, Getsuga Tensho wouldn't be able to do anything against it.

Even if Ichigo would spam GT like he always does, he wouldn't be able to do it in the right way, because he isn't intelligent enough to decode the technique and understand how to counter it.

True love will conquer everything
    The question now is : which of those two loves, is the true one?!

Jiraiya's timeline : here
    Zetsu, the strongest villain of Akatsuki : here

Banned 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Country
    Belgium
    Post Thanks / Like

ichigo is no where near as dumb as people think .

he is quite smart in battle..renji fight counting the swings, gin analyze his speed and reaction.

but ichigo wont deduce Sakanade in time before he is badly hurt from shinji going insane on him.

it not that shinji is stronger then ichigo it just shinji as superior ability of a shikai that he can use

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by BaddAzzKenpachi74 View Post
    Shinji wins this one.

Its so ridiculous that Ichigo fans keep hanging on to the notion that Ichigo will be able to access Ichigonator form in every fight when really the conditions could never be met.

And even if he could access that form Ichigonator is nothing but a wild animal who is only driven by a killing instinct which makes Shinji's shikia the PERFECT counter for such a monster.

I saw a comment on the topic where a Ichigo supporter tried to used Aizen's statement in favor of Ichigo's victory which is ridiculous.

Just because Aizen said it was child's play doesn't mean its child's play to everyone else especially Ichigo who has no where near the intellect of someone like Aizen nor the HAX shikai Aizen has.

Let me give you an example of what your saying.

Say a 150 lb man can't lift 255 pounds.
    Now what if a 300 lb man came and lifted it pretty easily and said it "was only child's play".
    Does that mean that it is actually child's play?

ofcourse not lol!

Shinji wins this one hands down.

I just hope that Ichigo doesn't once again get a very lucky and lame victory such as he did in the stark topic which stark clearly should have won in my honest opinion.
    The only condition for Hollow Ichigo to appear is for Ichigo to die. That's all there is to it.

As for Shinji's Shikai, Ichigo may have a hard time countering it. But I believe that Hollow Ichigo will shred Shinji to shreds. He's on a whole different level. Magnitudes faster and stronger than Ichigo as evidenced by the Ulquiorra fight. Not to mention, he's not a "mindless berserk" as some have labeled him as such. He has the battle instinct. For example, evaded R2 Ulquiorra's Lanza del Relámpago, which is basically a nuke missile, than stand there and take it on.

Hollow Ichigo's battle abilities need not be that of Aizen. To Aizen, Shinji's hax shikai was nothing more than a joke. To Hollow Ichigo, it might take him longer to figure it out, but coupled with his instant high speed regeneration, Shinji is an easy opponent.
    Last edited by LucyBenard; March 28, 2011 at 02:52 PM.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

So when he sees shinji coming from one direction but gets hit in the opposite direction, he'll not be able to tell that things are backwards? lol@that one. Come on now, no one is that stupid. Everyone uses a mirror to comb there hair. If you really think about it, that's what Shinji is, a mirror. In Sakanade everything is reversed like he said. How is that hard to counter after the first strike if he's paying close attention? Ichigo hasn't shown himself to be 'stupid as an ass'. He may be stubborn, but that's not stupid.

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Hystzen View Post
    ichigo is no where near as dumb as people think .

he is quite smart in battle..renji fight counting the swings, gin analyze his speed and reaction.

but ichigo wont deduce Sakanade in time before he is badly hurt from shinji going insane on him.

it not that shinji is stronger then ichigo it just shinji as superior ability of a shikai that he can use
    That's where Hollow Ichigo comes into play. He's magnitudes faster, stronger, and has a cero that easily canceled out a Cero Oscuras from R2 Ulquiorra.

Not to mention, his battle instinct, abilities, and feats put him levels above Ichigo.

Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted THM Nindo's Avatar
    Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by LucyBenard View Post
    The only condition for Hollow Ichigo to appear is for Ichigo to die. That's all there is to it.

As for Shinji's Shikai, Ichigo may have a hard time countering it. But I believe that Hollow Ichigo will shred Shinji to shreds. He's on a whole different level. Magnitudes faster and stronger than Ichigo as evidenced by the Ulquiorra fight. Not to mention, he's not a "mindless berserk" as some have labeled him as such. He has the battle instinct. For example, evaded R2 Ulquiorra's Lanza del Relámpago, which is basically a nuke missile, than stand there and take it on.

Hollow Ichigo's battle abilities need not be that of Aizen. To Aizen, Shinji's hax shikai was nothing more than a joke. To Hollow Ichigo, it might take him longer to figure it out, but coupled with his instant high speed regeneration, Shinji is an easy opponent.
    Dying is one of the condition, but even dying is not enough to guarantee that Hollow Ichigo will take over.

He died before his last fight with Ulquiorra.
    Ulquiorra killed him before, remember?

Grimmjow stormed him, kidnapped Orohime and she brought him back to life by "rejecting" his death.

I didn't see the Hollow took over that time.
    So, even dying isn't a 100% sure shot that Hollow Ichigo would appear.

People are just counting Ichigonator has if it was something that would occur in every battle.

The only thing that triggered it, IMO, was that Orohime was there, and was crying, and that's what brought him back.
    That's why, he was a mindless beast with the only purpose of "protecting her".

In a 1 on 1, when Orohime is not in danger (like in this tournament!!!), Ichigo would most likely never be able to even trigger Ichigonator.

Quote Originally Posted by freshseth83 View Post
    So when he sees shinji coming from one direction but gets hit in the opposite direction, he'll not be able to tell that things are backwards? lol@that one. Come on now, no one is that stupid. Everyone uses a mirror to comb there hair. If you really think about it, that's what Shinji is, a mirror. In Sakanade everything is reversed like he said. How is that hard to counter after the first strike if he's paying close attention? Ichigo hasn't shown himself to be 'stupid as an ass'. He may be stubborn, but that's not stupid.
    That's not all there is to it.
    Re-read the part where Aizen fight him.

Everything is reversed.
    If he looks at his left, he's actually looking at his right.
    If he sees Shinji coming at him from the right, that means that he's coming from the left.
    If he try to slash him from the left, he will actually be slashing from the right.

EVERYTHING is reversed.
    There's just no way that a regular guy like Ichigo would understand that in the heat of the moment.
    You need to be really really intelligent like Aizen, or Urahara.
    Last edited by THM Nindo; March 28, 2011 at 03:04 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

True love will conquer everything
    The question now is : which of those two loves, is the true one?!

Jiraiya's timeline : here
    Zetsu, the strongest villain of Akatsuki : here

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by THM Nindo View Post

Ichigo is dumb as an ass...
    He would get so confuse that he would probably stab himself by mistake.
    Gee, I wonder why Gin labeled Ichigo as a creepy kid then. Was it because Ichigo had easily countered Gin's bankai and hit him with a GT?

Ichigo must be really dumb.

Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

Gee, I wonder why Gin labeled Ichigo as a creepy kid then. Was it because Ichigo had easily countered Gin's bankai and hit him with a GT?

Ichigo must be really dumb.
    Hitting someone with an energy wave is proof of intelligence? Goku's a damn genius then.

13. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by THM Nindo View Post
    Dying is one of the condition, but even dying is not enough to guarantee that Hollow Ichigo will take over.

He died before his last fight with Ulquiorra.
    Ulquiorra killed him before, remember?

Grimmjow stormed him, kidnapped Orohime and she brought him back to life by "rejecting" his death.

I didn't see the Hollow took over that time.
    So, even dying isn't a 100% sure shot that Hollow Ichigo would appear.

People are just counting Ichigonator has if it was something that would occur in every battle.

The only thing that triggered it, IMO, was that Orohime was there, and was crying, and that's what brought him back.
    That's why, he was a mindless beast with the only purpose of "protecting her".

In a 1 on 1, when Orohime is not in danger (like in this tournament!!!), Ichigo would most likely never be able to even trigger Ichigonator.
    <hr noshade size="1">
    That is where you are under the wrong impression. Ichigo did not die the first time when he fought Ulquiorra. He was on the verge of death, but Inoue completely healed him just in time.

Inoue just rejected Ulquiorra reiatsu. Re-read those panels.

Nope. Hollow Ichigo has already said in Chapter 222 that he'd be back to take control if Ichigo let him. That'll happen everytime.
    <hr noshade size="1">
    Quote Originally Posted by Takahashi View Post
    Hitting someone with an energy wave is proof of intelligence? Goku's a damn genius then.

Ichigo had Gin's bankai figured out after one attack:

Spoiler show

He's not as dumb as everyone here is making him out to be. Hollow Ichigo is on a whole another level nonetheless.
    Last edited by LucyBenard; March 28, 2011 at 03:16 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member BaddAzzKenpachi74's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by freshseth83 View Post

You completely missed the point where Shinji clearly explains that even if your able to figure out how his shikai works you still would be at a major disadvantage due to the fact that your body will still fight by reflexes alone.
    read here
    http://www.mangareader.net/94-43577-...apter-387.html
    and here

Even in the chance that Ichigo is somehow able to figure this out without him not already being dead by then he still will have a VERY difficult time adjusting his normal reflexes to counter such an attack.

This shikai would pretty much be a MAJOR problem for anyone besides Aizen himself.

Live for battle, enjoy every minute, death is the price u pay for a good battle, live to kill, no fear.
    by Kenpachi Zaraki
    . ("Discuss This" http://discussthis.freeforums.org/index.php

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by BaddAzzKenpachi74 View Post
    You completely missed the point where Shinji clearly explains that even if your able to figure out how his shikai works you still would be at a major disadvantage due to the fact that your body will still fight by reflexes alone.
    read here
    and here

Even in the chance that Ichigo is somehow able to figure this out without him not already being dead by then he still will have a VERY difficult time adjusting his normal reflexes to counter such an attack.

This shikai would pretty much be a MAJOR problem for any fight besides Aizen himself.
    That's exactly what Hollow Ichigo wants. A dead Ichigo. He'll take control and it'll be game over

Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

Ichigo had Gin's bankai figured out after one attack:
    Yeah, but you said countered and GT'd him, this was before he figured that out, bad example.

I'm not one of those saying Ichigo is stupid, but he can't manage Sakanade.

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Takahashi View Post
    Yeah, but you said countered and GT'd him, this was before he figured that out, bad example.

I'm not one of those saying Ichigo is stupid, but he can't manage Sakanade.
    My main point was: Ichigo had Gin figured out after one attack. Hitting him back with GT is just an added bonus. So not only did Ichigo figure out his bankai, he also found a way and time to hit him back.

As for the speculation that Ichigo would not be able to manage Sakanade, works out both ways for me I guess, as Hollow Ichigo will be up next.

Thread Closed
Page 3 of 16 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 ... LastLast