Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (8/11/14 - 8/17/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Bleach 592 by BadKarma , Gintama 506 (2)

View Poll Results: Who wins?

Voters
78. You may not vote on this poll
  • Team Aqua Beauty

33 42.31%
  • Team Magic Muscles

45 57.69%
Thread Closed
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Team Aqua Beauty vs Team Magic Muscles

The Giggs MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted igotthegoods's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Team Aqua Beauty vs Team Magic Muscles

Team Aqua Beauty vs. Team Magic Muscles

this keeps the others ones nicely aligned
    Harribel

Tia Harribel, the Third (Tercera) Espada who is the only current female member. She portrays a deep sense of loyalty to her fracción and to Aizen, and this is shown in her use of her Resurrección, Tiburón. She fights for those she holds close through the control of massive amounts of water which can drown anything in her path. Although she is very attractive in appearance, this shark can really pack a bite.
    Yumichika

Ayasegawa Yumichika is the 5th Seated officer in the 11th Division of the Gotei 13, his captain is Kenpachi Zaraki. Yumichika is a narcissist who judges almost everyone and everything by beauty. He is also incredibly vain. Yumichika is a powerful combatant and wanted to become the third Seat of his Division, as he thought the kanji for the number three was the most beautiful.

Yumichika's zanpakutō is Ruriiro Kujaku, a kidō-type zanpakutō. However, since the 11th Division has an unspoken rule that zanpakutō are only to be used for direct attack, Yumichika keeps this fact secret. According to himself, he would risk dying to conceal his zanpakutō's true power. To conceal it, he releases with the name Fuji Kujaku, causing the vexed weapon to assume a form consisting of a sickle-shaped blade which can split into four identical blades.

vs.

Tessai

Tsukabishi Tessai, former captain of the Kidō Corps in Soul Society, is a quiet, stern, intelligent, and level-headed man who also has a sentimental side. His strongest area of shinigami combat is obviously kidō and his skills with this are almost unrivaled. He has demonstrated the ability to use various high-level kidō at full power with complete control, including a level 99 Bakudō and level 88 Hadō spell, both without incantation. Tessai has also been shown to be a very capable physical fighter, exhibiting impressive physical strength and durability in unarmed combat.
    Chad

Yasutora Sado (aka Chad) is a quiet human teenager with a soft spot for cute things. Despite his large, intimidating presence, he has a tendency to be bullied because he rarely fights back. That is, unless someone he cares about is threatened, in which case he will put all of his efforts into protecting them. Chad is much stronger and faster than the average human and has an unnaturally high resistance to damage. Chad's awakened spiritual ability has manifested in the form of armored arms (Brazo Derecha de Gigante and Brazo Izquierda del Diablo). He is also able to use the special attacks El Directo and La Muerte.

Cast your vote and discuss (logically) why you voted for who you voted for. Have fun, but keep it clean!

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Team Aqua Beauty vs Team Magic Muscles

Magic Muscles. Yumichika ain't calling true shikai, which would probably rape Chad but without he gets kinda owned, blade or not, and either way that fight goes Tessai's got too much Kido to rely on defensively and offensively. Lightning blasts, teleportation, barriers, high level bindings, etc... that's more than enough to keep the water at bay.

MH Senpai MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Random101 View Post
    Magic Muscles. Yumichika ain't calling true shikai, which would probably rape Chad but without he gets kinda owned, blade or not, and either way that fight goes Tessai's got too much Kido to rely on defensively and offensively. Lightning blasts, teleportation, barriers, high level bindings, etc... that's more than enough to keep the water at bay.
    I think Yumichika would use his shikai if he needed it. He doesn't know Tessai or Chad (even if he did, neither of them are officially affiliated with Soul Society). The reason that he hides his shikai is so that he can remain with his precious Ikkaku 11th division. If he can kill his opponents and keep his secret, he would use his shikai to prolong his life.

The only person in this match about whom he needs to concern himself with his secret is Harribel, whom I don't think is going to tell anyone from SS, but if he was really concerned about her, she is an arrancar and would be fair game to try to kill (like he really could ) when the opportunity arises.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Takahashi's Avatar
    Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

Team Aqua Beauty

Yumichika can probably take Chad. Chad did defeat a Primera after all, so he may be powerful enough to break free from Yumichika's Shikai, as it's only caught VC and Fraccion so far. Chad would be tough to take down for a VC level with brute force, but with his hax Kido based Shikai, he could probably manage.

I think Halibel is also severely underrated. I've seen nothing from Tessai to make me think he can take a powerful Espada that has excelled in both close and long range. Kido's good, but I think of it more as support to skilled swordsmanship, like Byakuya.

I voted for Halibel over Kenpachi because he's so short range that a long range opponent can keep their distance and prevent from being hit. I'm voting for Halibel over Tessai because he has no real way to defend himself in close range. Not to mention that she was able to blitz a captain and cut him vertically in half, I don't recall any reaction, Cicada like techs or such from Tessai. I'm also sick of the whole, "Kido people beat CQC people because they make barriers" excuse.

5. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Bhoot's Avatar
    Country
    India
    Post Thanks / Like

The more i look at it , the more it looks like Tessai v/s Aqua Beauty .

The real question is can Aqua beauty take on Tessai , someone who has been said to hold equal rank to Yama at one point ??

I just don't see the guy losing . He can freez time and pew pew the sh1t out of the sh1t that he created .

Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Ok, nowhere has it been stated that the Kido Corps were on equal footing with the Gotei 13. Tessai is *not* on equal footing with Yama, even if he held a similar bureaucratic position. However, I think Tessai still solos team Aqua Beauty while Chad sits back and sips a Pepsi, because you *know* Chad is a Pepsi guy.

Banned 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Country
    Belgium
    Post Thanks / Like

Aqua Beauty.

Yumi solos Chad easily it laughable when his shikai grabs him it is over.

this talk of Tessai soloing everybody is getting stupid. he has shown nothing in manga that he can do anything to solo some characters so far.

time magic- can that even be used in battle (he could have used to capture aizen in TBTP arc) even then it not explained what it truly does.

sealing bakuto-- broken by ichigo with ease an ichigo just gaining power.
    nothing else think about tessai,

now harribel who insta pwned histu with release (damn kubo "iceclone" rubbish). after HH she took on 2 vizards and histu very very easily..even aizen took 2 blows to end her.

harribel beats tessai easily imo. Tessai wont beat an espada her level

9. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member SaintSheik's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Eh Yumichika vs. Chad isn't something I'm interested enough as I am in Harribel vs. Tessai. I could see Tessai spamming raikoho and that earth shattering thunder dragon nonsense, but I don't think the guy has enough power to take down someone as powerful enough as the third Espada.

Interestingly enough, I don't see Tessai being taken down by two sword wounds (Aizen), but that was plot based. Iono aqua beauty. Harribel tends to be under rated and Tessai gets more than his fair share of hype IMHO.

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member Buzz Killington's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

This is an interesting match..

I'm leaning more toward Harribel's team as it is, since Tessai doesn't have enough for me to confidently say he can deal with the 3rd Espada

Won't vote yet until I see more arguments

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner Hanihime's Avatar
    Country
    Australia
    Post Thanks / Like

Yumichika can beat Chad easily.
    I'm not sure on how good Tessai is offensively :\
    I'll give my final decision after seeing more posts.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member eefrit's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

This is an interesting match, but since we don't know Tessai's full capabilities it makes it a tough call. For Yumi vs Chad, if Yumi does not use his "true" shikai he will be thoroughly trounced by Chad. If he does make the release however, things could be more in his favor, but since Chad has shown more speed feats and tends to not dill dally with his opponents, I'm sure he can pull off a win without Yumi releasing.

Now for the meat of the match, Tessai vs Harribel.

Tessai has no weapons but his strong yet limited amount of Kido and stong CQC skills.

Harribel has all the abilities of an espada/hollow, he tooth sword, and her water techniques.

Tessai's has shown no speed feats which would have been helpful, but if we were to say he knew every spell in SS that could make up for it. However if that is not applicable in this match, then I would say Harribel could La Gota her way to victory. Again it is a tough call since Tessai has only been shown in small instances. I'm sure Harribel could dodge a number of Kido moves, that is unless he seals her and blows her away with them which I am sure he is capable of doing. I have extreme bias so I can't say who I want to win. I'll withhold judgement as well.

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Hallibel is damn fast, especially in her release form. She was able to blitz Hitsugaya (or his "ice clone" - ha) anyway. I doubt Tessai could trap her with Kido unless she was distracted - in which case he would have to first cast a low level Hado, and while she was blocking it, perform a strong Bakudo - she could probably break free of the lower level ones. I think however that Hallibel is more inclined to dodge attacks than try and block them, in which case I don't think she'd be caught.

Although Tessai's Kido skills are clearly godlike, I don't know how battle oriented he is - the Kido corps might have another purpose in SS besides conventional battling. Hallibel has a lot of powerful and fast attacks which could overcome Tessai by virtue of pure speed I believe - a lot of people underestimate Hallibel due to how she performed against Hitsu, forgetting that he had a natural advantage against her. She is a VL after all, this in itself has to count for something

As for Chad vs Yumi, could go either way - none of the combatants are affiliated with SS so Yumi might decide to release, in which case Chad doesn't have the power to escape it. However, Chad might also take him out before he gets a chance to release. I don't think that Chad really has anything which can hurt Hallibel though, so I'm giving this to Aqua Beauty at the moment.

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member Snake_Cowboy's Avatar
    Country
    Netherlands
    Post Thanks / Like

Team Aqua Beauty wins this.

While Tessai seems like a formidable combatant, especially in regards to Kidou (obviously), I think some people have a tendency to hype him up too much. Until we see more impressive feats from him than what he's shown so far, he'll definitely be defeated by the likes of Halibel. Chad will also be in trouble against Yumichika once he releases Ruri'iro Kujaku.

Tessai is clearly capable of devastating damage with Kidou. That Hadou #88 carried one hell of a punch (which made it even more amazing that Aizen could block it so easily, even a 100 years ago). Yet Halibel is not to be underestimated as far as endurance is concerned: with the way she took Hyoten Hyakkaso, emerged without a scratch and it took two hits from Aizen to take her down after that, she's a lot tougher than she looks. Therefore, I doubt if even a direct hit from the same attack from Tessai would be enough to take her down. More importantly, though, Halibel (while probably not the fastest of the Espada) has shown to be pretty damn quick and agile as well. On top of that, she's a smart, cautious and calculative, yet brutal fighter. There's no way she'd allow herself to get hit by that and she's more than capable of dodging.

Tessai's best hope is a #99 Bakudou to try and bind Halibel, but even Hachi needed some time and the others to distract hollowfied Kensei to prepare it. Tessai would, as Kidou Corps Captain, presumably be even better at this than Hachi, but still, I believe he too would need a little while. But even if he's not using the incantation, Halibel would never be stupid enough to allow him to finish. She'd take advantage of the opening to attack, which is what she's best at: there is an incredible amount of power and range behind Cascada. Tessai is strong, but the way I see it, he would just get washed away by Halibel, while she will dodge most of his hits and even if they connect, she'll be able to survive. Eventually, Tessai will be worn down and when Halibel really moves in for the kill, she'll chop him down.

Meanwhile, Yumichika will be in trouble against Chad. Yumichika seems like a vice-captain-level fighter, so he's not too be underestimated, but Chad has grown quite strong. Once Chad starts using Brazo Derecha de Gigante and Brazo Izquierda del Diablo, Yumichika will get pounded into the ground. Yumichika might be quicker, but every hit of Chad's that connects will crush him, while Chad can easily use his shield-arm to defend against the slashes from Fujikujaku. Still, Chad isn't entirely ruthless. I doubt he'd use La Muerte against an opponent that is weaker than him, which might give Yumichika the opportunity to get the drop on him with Ruri'iro Kujaku. I'm not sure if Chad would be able to escape from it, so it might end the match.

It's a moot point, though, because even if Chad can and defeats Yumichika, Halibel will still be waiting for him. Even if she hasn't finished with Tessai yet, she's probably good enough to handle both of them at the same time, judging from her performance against Hitsugaya, Hiyori and Lisa. Chad is still too weak to make any real difference in such a fight. One way or another, Chad and Tessai are going down.

Team Aqua Beauty wins.
    "See you, Snake Cowboy..."

Banned 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Country
    Belgium
    Post Thanks / Like

Chad would lose to yumi.

I don't see chad and uryu as fodder like a lot people on this forum say. ( i say uryu is mid captain level reistu it just shingami have bankai that OP)

but yumi defeated Charlotte with eyes closed for most of the battle. (albit joke purpose but still counts) his shikai is damn hax. then is the idea yumi is not a VC seat he only 5th seat but has low level captain reiastu maybe like ikkaku (i highly doubt kubo wont give yumi bankai or even secretly has one like ikkaku)

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member eefrit's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Hystzen View Post
    Chad would lose to yumi.

I don't see chad and uryu as fodder like a lot people on this forum say. ( i say uryu is mid captain level reistu it just shingami have bankai that OP)

but yumi defeated Charlotte with eyes closed for most of the battle. (albit joke purpose but still counts) his shikai is damn hax. then is the idea yumi is not a VC seat he only 5th seat but has low level captain reiastu maybe like ikkaku (i highly doubt kubo wont give yumi bankai or even secretly has one like ikkaku)
    Yumi was beaten badly in that fight and if it wasn't for Charlotte's tech, he most definitely would have lost. One of the key factors things in Yumi and his shikai is the surprise factor. Both Charlotte and Shunsui were surprised and in close range of the shikai. Hisagi wasn't trying to win and Charlotte was gloating about beauty which gave Yumi an opening in both fights and I will assume that he needs to be in close range for his shikai to work. If Chad gets in close range, I don't think Yumi will be able to able to withstand Chad's hits.

Thread Closed
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast