Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (9/15/14 - 9/21/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Gintama 510 (2) , Naruto 692 by aegon-rokudo
New Reply
Page 1 of 9 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Why Naruto wasn't captured before?

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member howbigis1gb's Avatar
    Country
    India
    Post Thanks / Like

Why didn't Madara simply capture the Kyuubi 16 years ago?

This has been bugging me for a while

We know Kushina's seal was weak, so why didn't Madara just made do with the Kyuubi?

1) Too little time
    2) Person was not Madara
    3) Akatsuki weren't after the bijuu
    4) Other

I apologise if this thread has been made already, but I couldn't find it
    Discuss
    Fullmetal Alchemist - you shall be missed. Arakawa; take a bow

Quote Originally Posted by Arceus View Post
    ... I just recognize the incomparable talents of Kubo Tite - KING OF STALLING.

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Why didn't Madara simply capture the Kyuubi 16 years ago?

Well we know he wanted revenge on his clan so he basically wanted to destroy konoha before continuing his plan.
    Minato crushed his plan so ya thats basically it dont u think?

Hound of Shadow 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member benelori's Avatar
    Country
    Romania
    Post Thanks / Like

Capturing Kyuubi is not that easy. He did a good job controlling it, but sealing it on the spot would've been difficult with Minato around...running away with it would've been difficult too...

And as said above, and also in the chapter, the motive was destroying Konoha

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
    Country
    France
    Post Thanks / Like

The story of the Sage of the Six Paths was kept in a secret room owned by the Uchihas. Like Madara said, with the Sharigan you can see one part, with the Mangkyou you can see more and all the story when you have the Rinnegan. So maybe he had to meet Nagato first to know the whole story about Juubi and imagine his "Eye of the Moon" plan.

He also could have captured Kyubi decades ago when he controled it before his fight against Shodaime. I think 16 years ago he just wanted to try and destroy Konoha, and he hoped the Uchihas would be blamed.

5. Thanks 2 Member(s) thanked this post
    Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner Byakko93's Avatar
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Post Thanks / Like

On top of that, it's already been said that Gedo Mazo needed the other 8 Bijuu before sealing the Kyuubi to balance it the Kyuubi's chakra. Kyuubi needed to be sealed last, otherwise it'd break out.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Alterno's Avatar
    Country
    Dominican Republic
    Post Thanks / Like

I wonder myself why he didn't simply capture the kyuubi and make himself the Jinchuuriki of it?, the first time of course we understand why he took the Kyuubi and attacked Konoha, but doing the same for a second time?. I wonder which were his goal or plan @ the time he fought Yondaime.

MH Senpai 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Jack Van Burace's Avatar
    Country
    Brazil
    Post Thanks / Like

^It was said on a previous chapter that he wants to become the Jinchuuriki of Jyuubi. Locking the Kyuubi inside of him not only is less than he wants, it's also impossible to get the Jyuubi this way.

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member GyoMasta's Avatar
    Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

Not only was I also wondering why he didn't capture it back then. Some say it's not that easy to seal the fox but Sandaime Raikage, in the Kumonin's flashback, sealed it so fast that Akatsuki's 9 members taking 3 days/nights looked totally pathetic and humiliated. seriously.

Madara/Tobi most likely, as others said, wanted to destroy konoha that time and accelerate the Uchiha Clan's destruction if ever it failed (while also taking out Yondaime out of the picture.

But I was also wondering why he didn't capture naruto around 2 or 3 years after the event, it should have been easy.

Who knows, since Madara looks like a patient man, maybe was he waiting for Naruto to get pregnant so the seal could weaken?

Spoiler show
    Last edited by GyoMasta; July 21, 2010 at 07:44 PM.

10. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member DementedKirby's Avatar
    Country
    Puerto Rico
    Post Thanks / Like

Madara attacked Konoha with the Kyuubi. He probably had no other way of attacking an entire village on his own. So he couldn't of gotten Naruto a couple of years later because he was probably being taken care of.
    Even afterwards, Orochimaru attacked Konoha and Itachi reappeared after the 3rd died to let them know that he was still alive. Madara basically couldn't touch Konoha while Itachi was alive. Which is why he sent Nagato to do it afterwards. Which also makes be believe that Nagato would've been owned by Itachi :P

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

The most probable reason why the Genryū Kyū Fūjin takes 3 days, while the technique of the Sandaime Raikage seems to be instantaneous , is the complexity and purpose of the seals. The Gedo Mazo is designed to hold all 9 Bijuu and merge the chakra together, where as the pot was merely designed to hold the Hachibi. But really, who knows?

As for why Madara didn't take Naruto after the sealing, it's obvious. It's been stated in the manga that the Nine-Tails must be sealed last, otherwise it would destroy the Gedo Mazo. Why take Naruto when he lacks the means to seal and control the Nine-Tails?

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member kelv015's Avatar
    Country
    Puerto Rico
    Post Thanks / Like

Well, because all Madara wanted atm was to destroy Konoha. I guess Madara underestimated Minato and he believed Kyuubi would have been enough to destroy them. Since he failed to do so, now he is working on getting something stronger than the Kyuubi, the Jyuubi.

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member Kaizoku-O Luffy's Avatar
    Country
    Australia
    Post Thanks / Like

At that time he wanted to destroy Konoha for their betrayal and hatred he had for them. His "Moon Eye" plan came into existence only after meeting nagato. So at that time I don't think he had any idea about Jyuubi. Even if he did he can't do much. It seemed the demonic statue could only be summoned by Rinnegan.

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Alterno View Post
    I wonder myself why he didn't simply capture the kyuubi and make himself the Jinchuuriki of it?, the first time of course we understand why he took the Kyuubi and attacked Konoha, but doing the same for a second time?. I wonder which were his goal or plan @ the time he fought Yondaime.
    It's been suggested that it takes someone "special" to be the 9 tailed jinchuriki. First up it was members of the whirlpool village, one of whom we know had special chakra (Kushina) then Naruto who was also of the whirlpool lineage and Yamato suggested he had special chakra to counteract the poisonous chakra of the 9 tails. So perhaps it would have been too dangerous for Madara to host the 9 tails, the chakra might have damaged him.

On top of that we've been told that, in order to gain proper control of a bijou, you need to have it sealed into you at a young age (with the exception of the sage of the 6 paths and the 10 tailed beast which seems to have been done as an adult). So sealing the 9 tails into himself might have been a bad idea all round for Madara.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Naruto_Rasengan's Avatar
    Country
    Australia
    Post Thanks / Like

I'll go with other... He was out of Pokeball's.

How would Madara do that, there was obviously a lot of preperation that goes into such a plan. He probably had that planned in the long run, after he destroyed Konoha, as I doubt it's a quick process in Madara's case... He underestimated Minato, and lost out because of that.

I think he will achieve his goal of becoming a Jinchuuriki.

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner bach's Avatar
    Country
    Italy
    Post Thanks / Like

becouse half of the kyubi, the one minato sealed in himself, was not ready...

now, thanks to sasuke hatred, is almost done!

the course that uchiha clan have is that one of the clan is used to regenerate the kyubi.

finally a complete kyubi, and so th ejubi, is possible to achieve.

New Reply
Page 1 of 9 1 2 3 ... LastLast