Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (7/21/14 - 7/27/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Gintama 503 by kewl0210 , One Piece 753 by cnet128 , Bleach 589 (2)

View Poll Results: What is the 3rd entity inside of the destroyers remains?

Voters
16. You may not vote on this poll
  • The Destroyer

8 50.00%
  • Rene

1 6.25%
  • Riful

0 0%
  • Teresa

6 37.50%
  • Other(please post)

1 6.25%
New Reply
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Who(or what) is the 3rd being inside the remains of the Destroyer?

MH's Best Reviewer 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Jammin's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Who(or what) is the 3rd being inside the remains of the Destroyer?

@jamie95403
    Anything's possible.

That being said even if you translate it as "Clare, and something else, are together sealing its movements" that would still be 3 things being spoken of.

1) Clare
    2) Something else
    3) The "it" whose movements are being sealed.

So there i think there is pretty definitely a 3rd something-or-other in there. It absolutely could be the Yoki version of duck tape, but even then it would be something. And something that is capable of working together with Clare to seal the movements of the "it". So i think that implies that the something must have some form of will independent of Clare's.

---------

The bit involving Riful in the script i have for those pages goes like this.

Riful - "Seven years ago the abyssal ones Isely and Luciela waged a war with each other. Luciela lost and the south was taken."

"It was her younger sister Rafaela's mistake which had turned her into an abyssal one....and so shortly after the war Rafaela stood before Luciela in order to atone for that mistake but she was divided, though it was her duty to kill her monstrous sister, she loved her so very much..."

"Thus Rafaela both killed and protected her at the same time"

"At the moment of Luciela's death Rafaela infused her life into her sister. She probably didn't mean for it to happen but well this is the result...."

I don't see anything in there that indicates how Rafaela actually killed Luciela. It was Riful's guess that the fusion thing was an accident but i didn't see any reference to how Rafaela actually killed her.
    Last edited by Jammin; March 30, 2011 at 02:09 PM.
    Jammin's Recommended Reading
    The Gamer [Esp. for Everybody]
    I Don't Want This Kind of Hero [Esp. for Superhero/Comedy fans]
    Girls of the Wild's [Esp. for Romance/Martial Arts fans.]
    Ultimate Legend: Kang Hae Hyo [Esp. for Delinquent/Comedy fans]

2. Thanks 2 Member(s) thanked this post
    Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
    Country
    Turkey
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by HegemonKhan View Post
    could you provide your reasons for believing it is Teresa, what are the things that you feel suggest it is Teresa ?

I have no proof from manga. There are only few plot related reasons that make me feel that Theresa is the better option. It is just that currently there is no one who can stand up against priscilla in a fair fight (and priscilla is nowhere near her true/full power). Now keep that in mind.

We also know from recent chapters that Organization has an "ace".

I believe it "should" be Theresa so,

If/When cocoon gets broken so there should be chance for Teresa to resurrect/rejuvunate/regenarate (or any other word that fits you) from the part she had inside Clare using the energy/yomi in cocoon.

If that happens,

a) We can someone who can match priscilla without any known characters getting an unreasonable powerup (However you can argue that clare can emerge more powerful and priscilla can emerge weaker than before from cocoon, nothing can be said for sure)

b) We can again someone who can match the "ace" of organization without an unreasonable powerup of a known character (ie plothole)

And among the choices we have been given, rene is kinda a minor character, destroyer -if you ask me- is mindless and we have seen that dealing with priscilla requires more than pure power, it requires a powerful mind and some serious skill, and I just don't think that 3rd thing is riful because imho, Riful played and finished his part in the series I just don't see being him the 3rd side helping clare contain priscilla and contributing to the manga any further.
    Last edited by Bleda; March 29, 2011 at 02:11 PM. Reason: typos everywhere

4. Thanks 2 Member(s) thanked this post
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member HegemonKhan's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

two corrections only:

1. actually, recently Priscilla is now AT/USING HER FULL POWER:

(if you want the source, I can find/provide it easily, but I don't know it off the top of my head)

Priscilla to the Destroyer: ~"I am going to use my FULL POWER to kill you in a single attack!"

and Priscilla does so... well she destroys it's shell/exoskeleton towering TGoL Awakened body, anyways. She then destroys the Clare-Destroyer-Teresa black soul tentacles attacking her, but she ultimately somehow ends up sealed by them, as in the "blob of 3 (or 4)".

2. the "ace" has been revealed to be "merely" Raftela (the special rank 10 for dealing with hostile Claymores), as far as we know anyways, the "ace" is Raftela, is maybe a better way of putting it, hehe.

(if you want the sources, I can find/provide it easily, but I don't know it off the top of my head)
    Last edited by HegemonKhan; March 29, 2011 at 02:11 PM.

6. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Country
    Turkey
    Post Thanks / Like

To clear things out:

I presumed priscilla to be weak (than otherwise she would be) because she hasn't fed in a very very long time. The way I look at it by her FULL POWER, she means the full/total extent of her weakened power. Though I haven't (re)read the chapters in a while so I might be wrong. Correct me if I am still being wrong.

8. Thanks 2 Member(s) thanked this post
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

well, here's my thinking/rationale:

when Yagi/manga/Priscilla has such direct text saying FULL POWER, I presume it indeed means FULL POWER. As why would such direct words/text be used otherwise?

and teh Destroyer *IS* powerful (as Riful said to Dauf: ~"I only have a 50 50 chance right now of winning against it, but even as I'm speaking, it is growing and getting more powerful"), so it makes sense that Priscilla would need to be using her FULL POWER against the Destroyer, as she needs to, just as for the first time, Teresa needed to use her yoki when she met the powerful Priscilla (compared to all the other opponents she faced previously).

-----------------------

as to your question of how Priscilla could "feast" back to full capability:

well... Priscilla does mention and we're shown that:

1. Priscilla says she ate all of the humans (we don't know if they were already dead, or if she killed and then eaten them), presumably in Ticheri town (though maybe outside of it as well), but that she was still hungry/unsatisfied/un-re-powered-up still.

2. she goes to now snack on poor Infected Awakened Beth, ripping off Beth's fake "headless rider" body part, and chows down on the spot of the feline body's back that just seconds ago had the fake "headless rider" on top of it.

but Priscilla, says that Beth tastes gross, and stops eating, but she still is hungry and non-re-powered-up.

so Beth goes to now poor Riful, and kills her. I don't think the manga/Priscilla mentions whether she eats Riful's lower body (as we see Infected Dauf holding her upper body, so obviously Priscilla hadn't eaten that, lol) or not (correct me if it does).

anyways, Priscilla seems to be at her full potential now, and no longer talks about being hungry anymore, now it's about getting her memory back, which Infected Dauf's "pounding" does for her

with her memory restored, Priscilla is now dead-set on killing Clare, on killing "Teresa AGAIN, a 2ND TIME!", and once and for all

-----------------------

Priscilla might have been "weaker" than she normally is prior to her abandoning of Raki and "feast-powering up-spree", however Priscilla was NOT actually "weak", just ask Renee, as "child" Priscilla nearly crushed her arm, and scared the p... and s... out of Renee, causing her pants to become wet and turn yellow and brown (hyperbolizing, her pants don't actually turn yellow and brown, nor become wet, lol)

------

I personally theorize that "child" Priscilla was NOT due to her not eating for 7 years as Raki theorized to us.

because, Isley too did NOT eat for 7 years, yet Isley didn't shrink in size like Priscilla did.

So, I think Priscilla actually intentionally/purposely shrunk herself in size, becoming "child" Priscilla, as an ACT to feign more "innocence" to Raki and Isley (who thought he was taking advantage of Priscilla, when she was actually taking advantage of him and Raki, hehe).

I don't think Priscilla needed to "feast" to restore her height back to normal, I think Priscilla's simply capable of body changing as one of her Abilities.

Now, Priscilla did need to "feast" to restore her power level, as we have evidence at indeed "food" and power level/yoki are related!

I just don't think she needed to feast in regards to her "child" state I think it was jsut an act by her, grins
    Last edited by HegemonKhan; March 29, 2011 at 02:40 PM.

10. Thanks 3 Member(s) thanked this post
    Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member colonywars's Avatar
    Country
    Poland
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by jamie95403 View Post
    I appreciates everyone's speculations. I think any of them can be possible. But what if there's not a third entity?

Galatea says "They are both in here." Nowhere does she specifically enumerate three entities. After mentioning a "one-horned winged monster," Galatea goes on to mention Clare, then goes on to saying something other than Clare is binding Priscilla's movement. "Something" isn't necessarily a third entity. "Something" could be duct tape for all we know (just kidding :-)

I tried to translate the passage in question (Gernot translation):

クレアとそして別の何かが共にその動きを封じている
    Clare, and something else, are together sealing its movements

But another possibility is my poor translation:

The motion is sealed with something other than Clare

Galatea goes on to warn that to release Clare might mean releasing Priscilla---Galatea does not mention a third entity. Given the dangers of Priscilla, surely Galatea would be concerned about releasing an unknown third entity. But she shows no such concern.

In a way, I hope I'm mistaken. It would be assumedly more fun if there was a third entity. But whatever is binding Priscilla, let us all hope for a big surprise!
    Hello

Jamie95403, You are brilliant I also checked this spelling from Gernots translation by Google translator to My native language and it gives Me almost the same second possibility as You wrote:

Quote Quote:
    The motion is sealed with something other than Clare
    I also checked it once again in Japan English translator which I am using at home, and it gives me:

"What then apart from Clair seals the movement together"

I know how it is look, maybe reverting some Kana could gave a better translation? (I am not so good to try reverting pure Kana :/) But there is no any trace of "Third Being". Then I translated this to My native language, I corrected spelling and grammar, and after this I translated it again to English, and I got: "What, except Clare, sealed this movement".

Once again there is only question what? But there is no who or how many has stopped movement of Priscilla and Clare in Destroyer Blob Thing.

So then it could be Rafaela, Luciella, Renee, Teresa, Deneve arm, and who knows what else? But maybe after all there is only Clare and Priscilla, because when Clare gained control over blob thing, She achieved power to seal Her enemy forever. ?

Have a good day
    Last edited by colonywars; March 30, 2011 at 11:12 AM. Reason: correction.

12. Thanks 2 Member(s) thanked this post
    Country
    Turkey
    Post Thanks / Like

Colonywars made a valid point there we have been forgetting.

Deneve's arm.

nice catch there colony.

14. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

correction:

it would be Irene's arm, right? Irene's right arm attached to Clare's right shoulder

as Deneve's poor right arm, has been merely "removed" from her quite a bit now over the course of the manga, hehe, like maybe 6-7 times, lol

16. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Country
    Poland
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by HegemonKhan View Post
    correction:

it would be Irene's arm, right? Irene's right arm attached to Clare's right shoulder

as Deneve's poor right arm, has been merely "removed" from her quite a bit now over the course of the manga, hehe, like maybe 6-7 times, lol
    Hello

No, Deneve also lost right arm due blob thing attack chapter 104 page 17, and I forget about Irene / Ilene arm... Thank You HegemonKhan for remind me about this So there are even more possibilities then I early wrote. And on this page, and on page 16 also on page 26 in chapter 105 We can see that from blob thing comes shapes of 3 persons. Clare is surely amongst them, then Priscilla was sealed inside, so who is 2 others? Rafaela and Luciella?

I think that parts of bodies, even Claymores bodies, which does not have consciousness do not have any influence on Blob Thing, except maybe strengthening Its abilities. ?

And on page 21 in chapter 104 We can see Priscilla faced face to face to Blob Thing, and there are at least 7 faces and maybe can be seen 4 others? How can do I upload a picture... Ach I know

Spoiler show

Red clearly to see green maybe another ones?

So... Any other suggestion?

Have a good day
    Last edited by HegemonKhan; March 30, 2011 at 03:50 PM. Reason: added a picture :D

18. Thanks 3 Member(s) thanked this post
    Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member Alisia's Avatar
    Country
    Italy
    Post Thanks / Like

In my opinion, the third identity that was taken over by Galatea within the mass of Yoki is Teresa. But it could also be merged consciousness of Raffaella and Luisella.

20. Thanks 2 Member(s) thanked this post
    Country
    Poland
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mei Terumi View Post
    In my opinion, the third identity that was taken over by Galatea within the mass of Yoki is Teresa. But it could also be merged consciousness of Raffaella and Luisella.
    Hello

It will be good to see Teresa once again But is there a possibility, that due implantation to Clare Her parts of body (and it was head) Her consciousness was preserved also? Without this She will be resurrected as a body, empty vessel, without Soul and Self awareness, or this creation will be filled with memories of Clare about Her, but it won't be the same as Original Teresa. And then what? Once again fight with Priscilla? Or as Jammin wrote in spoiler section of His post:

Quote Quote:
    Conclusion
    I think the 3rd Entity is a fragment of Teresa, which will eventually cause Priscilla to remember who she was and how much she hates Yoma. Then she will allow herself to be destroyed or uses her power as a parting gift to cause Teresa and Clare to be reborn. The legend of the twin goddesses given from. A new kind of Claymore and Rubel's worst nightmare.
    Have a good day

22. Thanks 4 Member(s) thanked this post
    Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member jamie95403's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

In looking at the Claymore panel colonywars so kindly provided, with the 11 circled faces, and compiling our posters' candidates for the “Third Entity” in the Destroyer, we get:

1. Luciela
    2. Luciela's Yoma implant
    3. Rafaela
    4. Rafaela's Yoma implant
    5. Clare
    6. Clare's Teresa implant
    7. Teresa's Yoma implant
    8. Irene's arm
    9. Irene's Yoma implant
    10. Priscilla
    11. Priscilla's Yoma implant
    12. Possibly Renee
    13. Possibly Renee's Yoma implant
    14. Possibly Riffle
    15. Possibly Riffle's Yoma implant

And possibly Alicia and Beth?

Please feel free to add to or subtract from the above list.

Decidedly less exciting and more mundane explanations might be the faces are remnants of Luciela's or Yoma's past meals.

Another explanation is that the entities behind the faces have the same status of the Hellcats---they're not even alive, but a sort of automaton as Clare said of the Hellcats.

But it always struck me odd that Galatea, so concerned about the security of Rabona, showed only concern about Priscilla, not about a third entity, nor a group of entities, nor whatever was binding or hindering Priscilla.

But still, I thank all the posters on this forum. A month ago, I didn't know I didn't know. Now thanks to everyone, I now know that I don't know!
    Last edited by jamie95403; March 30, 2011 at 03:39 PM.
    All possibilities are on the table...

24. Thanks 3 Member(s) thanked this post
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

There's another page where we see 3 faces as well.

Also, somewhere in my notes, I have sourced where Clare/Destroyer text says having many souls within her/it.

the huge black "consuming" tentacles = have or are made up of souls as well.

--------------

the Destroyer is a lot like Humunculus Envy in FMA:B

-----------

I don't think we know if the Destroyer is "aborbing" life/yoki with its huge black tentacles or mereling "consuming/vaporizing" whatever it touches, though my memory isn't that good in this regard, so correct me if wrong.

if the Destroyer isn't absorbing... than it's really hard for us to explain all the "souls" within it.

quite a mystery still about all the "souls" we see in it.

... maybe they are all the Claymores that AO Luciela devoured... hehe... maybe it's she who had the special power to absorb what she devoured... or maybe Rafaela was going around as she assassinated Claymores, saying "Your Soul is Mine" like Sheng Tsung in MK game, stealing all of her victims' souls with ehr powerful Yoki Abilities, hehe
    Last edited by HegemonKhan; March 30, 2011 at 03:59 PM.

26. Thanks 2 Member(s) thanked this post
    Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member jamie95403's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Hege: I think Clare, like the other Ghosts, are referring to the souls of the 17 fallen warriors of Pieta.

In Clare's specific case, there's also Ophelia's "soul."

Again, the Hellcats apparently didn't represent souls. And the faces on the Yoki wall of the Destroyer that colonywars shown in a previous post may also be similarly "soul-less" (or not!).

Perhaps we should take the Destroyer literally as its unofficial name suggest---a destroyer. Or as Priscilla says in Scene 93: "A messenger of despair for this world."

Any souls the Destroyer contains would be brought in, by someone like Clare, and not of itself.

Of course, Clare could also mean "souls" figuratively---her memories of people in her past.

Also, in Extra Scene 2, Miria speaks to the grave of Hilda. As the Ghosts leave the grave, Miria parting words are:

"Let's go together Hilda. With the souls of the fallen warriors of the North..."
    Last edited by jamie95403; March 30, 2011 at 04:37 PM.
    All possibilities are on the table...

28. Thanks 2 Member(s) thanked this post
    Country
    Poland
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by jamie95403 View Post
    Hege: I think Clare, like the other Ghosts, are referring to the souls of the 17 fallen warriors of Pieta.

In Clare's specific case, there's also Ophelia's "soul."

Again, the Hellcats apparently didn't represent souls. And the faces on the Yoki wall of the Destroyer that colonywars shown in a previous post may also be similarly "soul-less" (or not!).

Perhaps we should take the Destroyer literally as its unofficial name suggest---a destroyer. Or as Priscilla says in Scene 93: "A messenger of despair for this world."

Any souls the Destroyer contains would be brought in, by someone like Clare, and not of itself.

Of course, Clare could also mean "souls" figuratively---her memories of people in her past.

Also, in Extra Scene 2, Miria speaks to the grave of Hilda. As the Ghosts leave the grave, Miria parting words are:

"Let's go together Hilda. With the souls of the fallen warriors of the North..."
    Hello

But isn't it normal, that Soldiers, Warriors sometimes in movies, SF novels, normal novels and in real live are saying something like: "Your soul will be always with Me My comrade" or "I will always remember You, My fellow one" or "I will avenge Your death by killing them all!" Those very strong bounds between peoples throw in the middle of war, or which was always together as comrade-in-arms can go on forever as long as someone is alive who remembers them. In that case not only Miria, but also others Ghosts will always remember Their deceased companions. As I am sure that Clare also remember Elena, Teresa, Flora, and all the others, but this is only Her memories. Then assuming, that this faces are reminiscence of Clare memories merged into mass of Destroyer and then assuming that this could be the way to revive somebody... It is very unlikely because Clare memories can not contain all awareness of those Claymores so They be empty bodies without soul. For reviving human being, and also Claymore, there is not enough to recover a body from somebody's memories about that person, because it will be incomplete picture of this being.

Then I am wonder... If in process of reviving 3 of former No. 1 those creatures will have any kind of past memories, emotions, behavior? Or They will be like Zombies without will and set only to kill and destroy in searching for brains... (sorry, it is not this novel... ) for Ghosts. This make Me assume that that above scenario with power of Priscilla Yoki...

As jamie95403 wrote somewhere: "A doomsday machine..."

Have a good day

30. Thanks 2 Member(s) thanked this post
New Reply
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast