Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (6/30/14 - 7/6/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: One Piece 752 by cnet128 , Bleach 587 (2) , Gintama 501 by Bomber D Rufi
New Reply

Thread: True motives of Han Chan-Woo (Goomoonryong)

Little tocs-Coming Soon 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member thornofcarrion's Avatar
    Country
    Pakistan
    Post Thanks / Like

True motives of Han Chan-Woo (Goomoonryong)

Going back to what happened at rooftop, Goomoonryong (GMR) punched through his disciple's Chi center in order to defeat the elder, permanently destroying Shioon's martial arts ability in the process.

Now the question is, what were the true motives of GMR? Was it really what he said? Or his intentions were to destroy Chi centers of Shioon so that he'd be spared from the world of Murim.
    Last edited by thornofcarrion; April 08, 2011 at 01:07 AM.

MangaHelper 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity kidopitz27's Avatar
    Country
    Philippines
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: True motives of Han Chan-Woo (Goomoonryong)

i think it's both to save shioon from the murims and there is something else and a lot of The Breaker fans speculate that you must have a broken ki center to train black heaven techs (i think BHT is just one tech of Black heaven and there will be a lot more)

when GMR has his flash backs Unwol is always healing him and maybe it is like in the manga PING http://www.mangafox.com/manga/ping/v02/c008/23.html

OMG TWO VILEPLUME

100% sure that Zoro already surpassed mihawk! 10/06/10

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner Miracleomatic's Avatar
    Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: True motives of Han Chan-Woo (Goomoonryong)

Like how the chief tried to use Shion as hostage, other people might also do the same due to grudge of their fallen master/brother or fellow student. Goomoonryong was about to leave to some place so ofcourse he can not protect shion, not to mention he also can not take him along. So it seems it was for the best that he did what he did. I doubt he thought anything about helping Shion master the Black Heaven and Earth technique at the time. After all... He is shot, very tired + beat up and not only that but his woman just got killed. You could compare Goomoonryong to Lighting Tiger from veritas. Both are master with incredible talents and students who start off weak and naive. Both of them thought their student could never improve at an alarming rate. But they eventually did after encountering many life endangering situations. Anyhow enough of that. That's pretty much what I speculate.
    My Top 5 Manwa
    1.) Witch Hunter (Badass and greedy. Tasha Godspell is an asshole, a good type of asshole)
    2.) Veritas (Badass evil and cool. Gangryong will fuck up anyone, even kittens.)
    3.) The Breaker series (I just love martial arts.)
    4.) Immortal Regis + Chavelier of the Abyss (Good story and art style. Damn! I want his sword, Depore.)
    5.) Legend of Maian (So-So in story and art.)

http://jinrikagero.deviantart.com/

New Reply